Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Halo: Reach
Subscribe    Donate

Old 09-20-2010, 01:34 AM   #1
SuperSkyline89

SuperSkyline89's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Official Daily/Weekly Challenges Thread

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you need help boosting/trading to earn any of the daily/weekly challenges, post here:
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...d.php?t=152101

Posts in this thread about boosting/trading will be deleted.

Challenges are updated at 11AM GMT. Daily Challenges being updated every day and Weekly Challenges being updated every Monday.

Every challenge completed earns the player in-game credits, the amount dependent on the difficulty of the said challenge. So far, the lowest amount for a Daily Challenge has been 100cR with the highest coming in at 2500cR. Weekly challenges have ranged from 1500cR to 5000cR.

There are two achievements associated with Daily and Weekly Challenges;

A New Challenger - 10
Completed all of the Daily Challenges in a given day.

Daily Challenges change from day to day. They are the four challenges at the top of the list. Complete all 4 misc. challenges and you have completed all the daily challenges.

One Down, 51 To Go - 10
Completed a Weekly Challenge.

Weekly Challenges are different every week. To find your challenges; press , and scroll down to see Challenges. Select "Challenges" by pressing and it will give you a detailed screen of what the challenges. It will show progress stats, and if you select that challenge, it will put you in the appropriate lobby to start working on the challenge.

The bottom most/highest credit count challenge, is the Weekly Challenge.

Credit to SideDish120 and his excellent achievement guide for the achievement information.

Precision Weapons
DMR - Needle Rifle - Sniper Rifle - Focus Rifle

Automatic Weapons
Assault Rifle - Plasma Rifle - Needler - Spiker - Plasma Repeater

Small Arms
Pistol - Plasma Pistol

Heavy Weapons
Rocket Launcher - Fuel Rod Cannon - Spartan Laser - Concussion Rifle
Plasma Launcher - Grenade Launcher - Target Designator

Close Quarters Combat
Melee - Shotgun - Energy Sword - Gravity Hammer

EMP
Plasma Pistol Overcharge followed by a quick death

Grenade Launcher in Manual Detonation Mode

Deactivate Armor Lock followed by a quick death

Supercombine
Needler
- Remove a Spartan III's shields = 6 needles
- Remove an Elite's shields = 7 needles
- Supercombine = 6 needles AFTER shields are removed

Needle Rifle
- Remove a Spartan III's shields = 6 needles
- Supercombine = 3 needles AFTER shields are removed

I'm boycotting EA because they butchered the Need for Speed series and refused Turn 10 the Porsche license. Kinect earned the second spot on this list with an achievement in Forza 4 and exclusive features in non-Kinect-Exclusive games like Halo Anniversary.

Forza 4 Flickr Page

Last edited by SuperSkyline89; 10-16-2010 at 09:44 PM.
SuperSkyline89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 01:35 AM   #2
SuperSkyline89

Active Daily/Weekly Challenges
Halopedia updates their main challenges page every day. For quick viewing simply go to the link below. For a more detailed look refer to the post below.

Active Challenges - http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Challenges

Previous Daily/Weekly Challenges
Halopedia keeps a list of all past challenges. They're divided by month, with each month getting it's own page. The links for each month will be posted here as time passes.

September 2010 -
http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Challenges/2010-September
October 2010 - http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Challenges/2010-October
November 2010 - http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Challenges/2010-November
I'm boycotting EA because they butchered the Need for Speed series and refused Turn 10 the Porsche license. Kinect earned the second spot on this list with an achievement in Forza 4 and exclusive features in non-Kinect-Exclusive games like Halo Anniversary.

Forza 4 Flickr Page

Last edited by SuperSkyline89; 11-23-2010 at 04:09 PM.
Old 09-20-2010, 01:35 AM   #3
SuperSkyline89

WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 1st, 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by AceMcCloud View Post
Suggested Roadmap

Blastin' and Relaxin', load up Multiplayer Matchmaking, you need to kill 90 enemies, pretty low amount than usual, you'll make progress towards this with other challenges so leave till last. Then just play the game types you do best in for Kills, Rumble Pit, Living Dead, Team Swat, Team Sniper, Team Objective, Invasion, or try the new playlists.

Secondary Fire, load up Multiplayer Matchmaking, you need to get 25 assists (doesn't have to be in the same game), everybody's favourite this one, still could be worse, could be Firefight assists. Plasma pistol is good for draining shields, stick with team mates or focus on others fighting and try to knock out their shields from a far. Finding partners in the Achievement Trading thread is also an option.

Sticky Icky Icky, still in MP, you need 5 sticky grenade kills in a SINGLE GAME, this might be a bit tricky, you'll want invasion, invasion slayer or Elite Slayer, anything with Elites basically, so as to provide plenty of sticky grenades, sneak up and stick someone, once out of sticky grenades grab them off fallen elites or suicide quickly to get another two if you're an Elite.

Credits for Completion, still in MP, same as yesterday, just one more... what can I say, play and finish 4 games, don't even have to win. Easy 1500cR.

Weekly Challenge

All in a Week's Work, what I can say, that's a shedload of enemies to kill this week, those who did this one last time will know what I'm talking about, it equates to 143 kills per day (rounded up), depends on your playstyle, whether to dominate in Rumble Pit, Team Swat and Living Dead, or Team Objective, Big Team Battle and Invasion and go for kills while others are going for Objectives. Unless you can devote a week of your life to this... most will want to stop by the Achievement Trading thread for a bit of Full Party Boosting to help with this one.

Forza 4 Flickr Page

Last edited by SuperSkyline89; 12-01-2010 at 04:47 PM.
Old 09-20-2010, 02:33 AM   #4
KillTheft_Echo

Perpetual Echo's Gamercard

Not a bad idea, really. Make sure to keep updating it, though.

I bleed Orange & Blue
KillTheft_Echo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 11:45 PM   #5
morbidjay

MorbidJay00's Gamercard
I'm honestly getting sick of campaign challenges. its making the campaign bland and repetitive. id rather just play it normally from start to finish.
morbidjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 12:26 AM   #6
solus909

I've tried all of the suggested above to get the "link" challenge and am still not having any luck. It's strange because when I now log into Bungie.net using my Windows Live ID, my gamertag is no longer shown. Instead, it says "Welcome" and a "?" for number of friends online. Obviously, these two issues are related. At this point I'll probably just pass on the challenge but it is disappointing missing out on what are essentially 3000 "free" credits.

Oh, and AceMcCloud keep on doing what you're doing, my post earlier today was more of a knee-jerk reaction to someone elses post...I appreciate your expertise. Cheers.
solus909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 11:40 AM   #7
AwoL DudE

AwoL DudE's Gamercard
Wish i had seen this post last night....

just completed the campaign and expected to get the weekly challenge achievement.....but its already out of date...

what a git!!!!!!!

top info m8, keep it up
Old 09-20-2010, 11:50 AM   #8
Sentox

Sentox6's Gamercard
Just did Roast 'Em, Toast 'Em. I'm sure it won't give anyone trouble, but just remember the jetpack needs to be active when you make the kill. It's not enough to be airborne, you have to be using thrust.
Sentox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 11:55 AM   #9
Addicted Azn

Send a message via AIM to Addicted Azn

Addicted Azn's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sentox View Post
Just did Roast 'Em, Toast 'Em. I'm sure it won't give anyone trouble, but just remember the jetpack needs to be active when you make the kill. It's not enough to be airborne, you have to be using thrust.
Yeah, same here. I did "There Are Many Like..." along with "Roast 'Em, Toast 'Em."

Now I'm off to do the MP challenges.

^-^ Latest blogs ^-^ / ANIME EXPO 09: MORNING MUSUME/ADVENTURES IN L.A. 0&1 2 3 4

Over 40K - 11/5/09

Addicted Azn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 04:25 PM   #10
Archaelogist

Archaeo1ogist's Gamercard
This may be one of the easier-to-obtain set of daily challenges I've seen thus far. One really good Firefight match and you could have them all!
Archaelogist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 04:40 PM   #11
gamoamo

schultz02's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaelogist View Post
This may be one of the easier-to-obtain set of daily challenges I've seen thus far. One really good Firefight match and you could have them all!
Except you cant get 400 kills in one FireFight Match.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defcizion View Post
If you can't handle the achievement, don't go for it.
Go rent avatar or something
gamoamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 04:40 PM   #12
ReverendSID

ReverendSID's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaelogist View Post
Maybe I'm remembering wrong, but I'm fairly certain that no firefight match spawns 400 enemies.
Old 09-30-2010, 04:43 PM   #13
bLaKgRaVy
Guide Team Newbie

Send a message via Skype™ to bLaKgRaVy

bLaKgRaVy's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff - Guide Team   Achievement Guide - Emerald   Road Map - Emerald   Green Thumb - Silver   Micro Guide - Gold   2,500 Posts   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - Minty   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 2   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 13 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReverendSID View Post
Maybe I'm remembering wrong, but I'm fairly certain that no firefight match spawns 400 enemies.
True. The most Gruntpocalypse spawns is 120. So at least 4 matches, with at least one of them on Outpost. Personally, I'm doing the other three on Corvette. I die too much on Courtyard.
bLaKgRaVy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 04:43 PM   #14
Lord Diamond

Lord Diamond's Gamercard
If anyone still needs to do the weekly let me know :- Lord Diamond

Lord Diamond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 04:49 PM   #15
ConfusedGeek

Confusedgeek's Gamercard

450 only? boo. not that i did it, but i wonder if you did it b4 the change will you get it or have to do it again?
ConfusedGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 04:52 PM   #16
Delta V1p3r

Delta V1p3r's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Just completed a round of gruntpocalypse on holdout and didn't get the challenge for not dying. And no, I didn't die either /sarcasm/.
Old 10-02-2010, 07:25 PM   #17
Cable Player

Send a message via Skype™ to Cable Player

Cable Player's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
3,500+ easy points today. Nice one!
Old 10-02-2010, 07:31 PM   #18
zero_0ptix

ZeRo 0pTiX's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
I'm hoping to get this weeks challenge. If anyone can help message me ZeRo 0pTiX. I will be on all day. Thanks
Old 10-02-2010, 08:21 PM   #19
TSgt Morris

MSgtMorris USAF's Gamercard
anyone wanna boost on cook em clean em, i've got 3 extra controllers
gt: TSgt Morris
TSgt Morris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 08:22 PM   #20
tdgotgame95

waht game type can you boost for cook em and clean em with 8 players
tdgotgame95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 03:43 AM   #21
ZacAttack159357

AtR ZacAttack's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSkyline89 View Post
FRIDAY, OCTOBER 15th, 2010
Your Daily Dose
You have 7 days of challenges to get this one so if one day has challenges you don't think you can get just try again on another day. Today's are pretty simple though so it shouldn't be hard to get it today.

Shootin' and Lootin'
The other challenges won't help at all for this today. Do the other challenges first (if you plan to go for assists at all) and finish this one off with some Score Attack matches.

A Great Friend
The next challenge requires you to get 6 assists in one game so try to get that one first. Unless you get it in your first attempt you'll likely get this one as you put in multiple attempts for it.

No 'I' in Team
You have to earn 6 assists in a SINGLE MATCH. Play some kind of team game type or a Rumble Pit variant that pits all the players against one person (Crazy King, Oddball, Headhunter). There are 4 medals you can get for assists.

You get an assist for doing 40% damage to an enemy. If you're in a Rumble Pit match keep a Plasma Pistol or other Plasma weapon to drop shields of players being attacked by someone else. If you're in a team match stay close to one of your allies; one person should have a Plasma Pistol and the other a precision weapon. The player with the Plasma Pistol should remove shields with an Overcharge and other should follow with a headshot. Switch roles every few kills.

Up Close and Personal
You get a close quarters combat kill with the Energy Sword, Gravity Hammer, Shotgun, and Melee. Safe Havens is a good one for this, the only weapons you'll have are Swords and Shotguns so every kill you get will be a close quarter kill. Juggernaut is also a very good game for this, assuming you can become the Juggernaut.

Other game types will be much harder, mostly due to finding the right weapons (though the shotgun comes with a loadout) but also because you'll have to stick to tight areas so you aren't killed before you're close enough to get the kill.
u listed a great friend and no i in team as the same thig basically not sure if this has been stated though
30000 Gamerscore: A Knife to the Heart-50G (AC: Brotherhood)

GT: AtR ZacAttack
ZacAttack159357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 08:21 AM   #22
tigersrule

Tiger XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Diamond   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Staff Club - tigersrule   1,000 Posts   x360a Representer
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZacAttack159357 View Post
u listed a great friend and no i in team as the same thig basically not sure if this has been stated though
Yeah, A Great Friend is 15 TOTAL assists, while No "I" in Team is six in a SINGLE match. Not that it matters anymore now that it's basically over. To OP, just be more careful of what you type. I know you had a screenshot of the challenges, but when they see what you typed they might get confused.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanish Assault View Post
I've never been to California, but it's going to be a shame that my first trip out there will be mostly me kicking your ass.
Community Blogs | Ambassadors | Community Gaming | Artist of the Month

tigersrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 10:05 AM   #23
Eminent

About time for some new challenges.
Eminent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 03:35 PM   #24
SuperSkyline89

Today's challenges have been updated, refer to Post 3 for the details.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigersrule View Post
Yeah, A Great Friend is 15 TOTAL assists, while No "I" in Team is six in a SINGLE match. Not that it matters anymore now that it's basically over. To OP, just be more careful of what you type. I know you had a screenshot of the challenges, but when they see what you typed they might get confused.
A Great Friend
The next challenge requires you to get 6 assists in one game so try to get that one first. Unless you get it in your first attempt you'll likely get this one as you put in multiple attempts for it.

Notice I was referring to the challenge after this one as being 6 in one game, not this one. The point being if you're trying to get 6 in one game you'll get 15 in total along the way.

Forza 4 Flickr Page
Old 10-16-2010, 11:50 PM   #25
Ferocious
Banned User

Quote:
SATURDAY, OCTOBER 16th, 2010

Office of Not Dying
Winter Contingency is the easiest mission because all of Noble Team is there and you're pitted against the easiest enemies. Stick back as sniper and let Noble Team go the heavy lifting.

If you do die along the way just save and quit from a checkpoint AFTER you die. When you reload, the game will forget you died.

Just in case anyone is confused by reading that, the challenge clearly states it needs to be done on the Oni Sword Base mission (3rd mission if you include Noble Actual as the first mission, however it's the 2nd playable mission (where you engage in combat with the enemies).

The tc probably didn't read it properly. Hope that helps anyone who just read his post and not the actual challenge.

Last edited by Ferocious; 10-16-2010 at 11:53 PM.
Ferocious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 02:22 AM   #26
SuperSkyline89

Ah shit.

Kinda late but it's fixed now. Thanks for the tip.

Forza 4 Flickr Page
Old 10-17-2010, 03:18 AM   #27
Sentox

Sentox6's Gamercard
Finally did the Elite challenge. Was doing score attacks with 6 elites at the 5th wave each time, and once I did seven and was at 42, I figured that given I had to do two more matches anyway, so I went sniper attack. First one gives me four elites as per usual. The second one gave me three for some bizarre reason (perhaps he died to 'friendly' fire), so I was pretty annoyed looking at the 49/50 counter.
Sentox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 03:04 PM   #28
AceMcCloud

AceMcCloud's Gamercard
Quote:
Challenges are updated.
And still not yet updated the weekly...

Quote:
WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 3rd, 2010

All in a Week's Work
1000 kills in Multiplayer Matchmaking breaks down to 143 kills daily. If you can manage 25+ kills in a match this will take up to 6 matches daily. Rumble Pit and Multi Team are the best game types for fast kills.

Shootin' and Lootin'
Do the other challenges first and finish this one off last.

Pass the Rock
Play Rumble Pit or Multi Team, go around draining shields with a Plasma Pistol. When someone else kills that person you get an assist, regardless of whether the killer is on you team or not.

Roast 'em, Toast 'em
Load up Rally Point Alpha on Normal. The platform with the Covenant on it has over two dozen enemies, many of them Grunts and Jackals. Just jetpack onto the platform scoring headshots as you go. When you land, let loose a couple grenades as your jetpack recharges and immediately launch back into the air.

This all takes a minute at most, reloading checkpoints is completely unnecessary.

J.H. Death Machine
You have to play normal Score Attack. The Grenadier loadout gives you the Grenade Launcher along with Sprint. Stick close to the weapons locker and take out enemies as they come to you, sprint back to the locker to reload as you require it.
Great Dailys advice though.

PS. This thread is somewhat quiet of late... where's Addicted AZN? Where is everyone today? Stuck on the Underground?

Last edited by AceMcCloud; 11-03-2010 at 03:09 PM.
AceMcCloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 03:41 PM   #29
Delta V1p3r

Delta V1p3r's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
does anyone know if the pass the rock challenge is still glitched? I really don't want to be bothered struggling all day to obtain it.
Old 11-03-2010, 03:42 PM   #30
Addicted Azn

Send a message via AIM to Addicted Azn

Addicted Azn's Gamercard
Haha! Miss me, Ace? xD Yeah A rock is what I've been under, since I have to learn how to PASS IT! ZING! lol

But yeah, life has caught up to me, and I haven't really been able to post, but just play these challenges.

Back OT, man these payouts sucks! but I do agree with Ace's methods. It's just I'm a lil sick now, and kinda want to just boost these assists rather than trying to get them. I'll see though, the day is still young.

^-^ Latest blogs ^-^ / ANIME EXPO 09: MORNING MUSUME/ADVENTURES IN L.A. 0&1 2 3 4

Over 40K - 11/5/09

Addicted Azn is offline   Reply With Quote