PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password
 

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Gears of War
Subscribe    Donate

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-11-2007, 07:54 PM   #1
highpass
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Manhattan, NY
Posts: 3,035

highpass's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Word of Mouth   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
FAQs

This is a new feature on the forums. The staff are going around tidying the clutter and making sure x360a is the one stop shop for all your 360 needs.

The FAQ threads are where we need your help! What do you think are the most commonly asked questions about this game? Which threads keep popping up? What things do you wish you had been told when you first got this game?

Post in this thread and we'll edit the top post.

Thanks for your help.


General
  1. Kills in Annex do not count towards weapon-related achievements or Seriously.
  2. You can join someone in co-op who has Insane Mode unlocked and get all three levels of the story mode achievements, as well as the Dom achievements at the same time. You can also collect the COG tags this way.

Weapon Achievements
  1. Cluster Luck can be attained in both single or multiplayer gametypes.
  2. I Spy with My Little Eye (Kill 100 enemies in ranked matches with the Longshot) "Sniper Kills" & The Money Shot (Kill 100 enemies in ranked matches with a headshot) "Headshots" can be done at the same time using the Longshot, there is no need to down first to see the Longshot icon
  3. Capital Punishment (Kill 100 enemies in ranked matches with an execution) "Executions" can be done easiest by downing the opponent (by shooting or melee) with any weapon and then pressing the B button to melee
  4. Pistolero (Kill 100 enemies in ranked matches with a pistol) "Pistol kills" you will need to be away from your opponent for this to count as a "Pistol kill" or else it will be an Execution if you are too close
  5. Is It a Spider (Kill 100 enemies in ranked matches with grenade tag) "F(r)ag tags" only count once for each time you tag an opponent, even if you get multiple kills with the same grenade
  6. Torque Bow/Hammer of Dawn/Boomshot kills count as multiple kills in ranked matches with the same arrow/burst/shell

New DLC
  1. Hidden Fronts and Annex Achievements can be attained in any multiplayer type (Player, Ranked, Local, etc).

Contributors: Smokez, The Pants Party, SteelerXBox360, aswipe21.

Last edited by highpass; 06-18-2007 at 08:24 AM.
highpass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 12:13 AM   #2
kiwi18
Banned User
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: NJ
Posts: 2,439
Send a message via AIM to kiwi18 Send a message via MSN to kiwi18

kiwi18's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
I'm confused. let's say I get 10 hammer kills when there are 8 people in the game. but then 2 leave. will those kills still count. same thing with annex, if you get 3 caps when there r 8 people in the game, will those count if two of them quit?
kiwi18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 09:12 PM   #3
gskillz99
 
gskillz99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 618

gskillz99's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
okay i know that this might sound noobish but i serioulsy want to know. what do you do in an achievement match in gears of war. just recently i entered a 1 round 1 min match at rooftops. they told me it was an achievement match and they started it. i just stood there confused not knowing what to do so i just went and killed them all. at the ened of the round they were all mad at me but i didn't know what i did.
gskillz99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 10:07 PM   #4
Shinobi273
Ninja Mod MKII
 
Shinobi273's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 6,938

Shinobi273's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - AOS Puck   Staff Club - Shinobi273   5,000 Posts   Staff - Moderator   Submit - Silver   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gskillz99 View Post
okay i know that this might sound noobish but i serioulsy want to know. what do you do in an achievement match in gears of war. just recently i entered a 1 round 1 min match at rooftops. they told me it was an achievement match and they started it. i just stood there confused not knowing what to do so i just went and killed them all. at the ened of the round they were all mad at me but i didn't know what i did.
Wow, you're an ass hole. Sorry, but what you did was pretty fucked up. First rule is do not kill the last guy! Second would be to wait your turn. I'm going to assume they all had mics, you have to talk to them and ask who is going first, second, third... On rooftops, proceed directly to the center of the map, stopping before climbing up to the torque bow. If it is your turn for kills, climb up and look for the other team. Let one of them pass you to kill your teammates and kill his teammates. If it isn't your turn, just hang out and let the enemy kill you. Tag the last guy that killed your teammates with a smoke grenade if you can. It's amusing to do when you first start out boosting.
Shinobi273 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 12:21 AM   #5
gskillz99
 
gskillz99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 618

gskillz99's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinobi273 View Post
Wow, you're an ass hole. Sorry, but what you did was pretty fucked up. First rule is do not kill the last guy! Second would be to wait your turn. I'm going to assume they all had mics, you have to talk to them and ask who is going first, second, third... On rooftops, proceed directly to the center of the map, stopping before climbing up to the torque bow. If it is your turn for kills, climb up and look for the other team. Let one of them pass you to kill your teammates and kill his teammates. If it isn't your turn, just hang out and let the enemy kill you. Tag the last guy that killed your teammates with a smoke grenade if you can. It's amusing to do when you first start out boosting.
yeah i guess that was really messed up but at least i know what to do the next time i join an achievment match
gskillz99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 10:24 AM   #6
True Mister Six
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Manchester, UK
Posts: 112

True Mister Six's Gamercard
Can someone give me some definitive clarity on the effects of early quitters on my kill acheivements.

Its probably just me being an utter idiot but I'm not sure I'm getting it!

I'm forever having people quit early in the ranked matches I attend and I'm never sure what effect its having!

For example - I was told that kills don't count if the players present drops below 6. Is this true? And if so, is it 6 remaining players of any combination or do they have to be 3 each team?

It seems to imply above that the kill won't count if the specific player you got the kill on leaves.
True Mister Six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 09:56 PM   #7
Pheonix_Assassin
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Birmingham UK
Posts: 0
Send a message via MSN to Pheonix_Assassin

Phe0nixAssass1n's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Submit - Gold
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Thanks for this guide it cleared up my Sniper problem so yep great post
Pheonix_Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 04:49 PM   #8
Dstrukt
 
Dstrukt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Canada
Posts: 798

xI Dstrukt Ix's Gamercard
Either you're lying or your friend is. Taken directly from gearsofwar.com:

How does Annex affect gaining achievements?
Due to the addition of infinite respawns, any kills in Annex won’t count towards kill-based achievements like “Seriously…” and “The Nuge.” Since Annex is a new additional gametype, you will not need to play Annex to be granted “Mix It Up.” The basic multiplayer achievements like “Always Remember Your First” are still achievable in Annex.

So no, it neither counts toward weapon achievements nor "Seriously..."
__________________





Dstrukt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 07:45 AM   #9
o0PTIMUS PRIMEo
 
o0PTIMUS PRIMEo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 218

oWHITE WID0Wo's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dstrukt View Post
Either you're lying or your friend is. Taken directly from gearsofwar.com:

How does Annex affect gaining achievements?
Due to the addition of infinite respawns, any kills in Annex won’t count towards kill-based achievements like “Seriously…” and “The Nuge.” Since Annex is a new additional gametype, you will not need to play Annex to be granted “Mix It Up.” The basic multiplayer achievements like “Always Remember Your First” are still achievable in Annex.

So no, it neither counts toward weapon achievements nor "Seriously..."
which sucks cause i have a hit load of stuff in annex.. even though i got all of the achievements before annex even came out i think it is gay cause a lot of my friends jound XBL after the update
__________________
21 Games Completed.

1000+ (5)

Will boost
Command and Conquer: Red Alert 3
Gears of War 3
Call of Duty: Black Ops (zombies)

Message me on here or XBL
o0PTIMUS PRIMEo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 12:48 AM   #10
SynysterChris
 
SynysterChris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: California
Posts: 1,128
Send a message via MSN to SynysterChris

SynysterChris's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
So if and opponent is down when u kill them with a weapon like pistol, longshot, boomshot, and torqbow they count towards the weapon achievements? just curious.
SynysterChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 12:50 AM   #11
Shinobi273
Ninja Mod MKII
 
Shinobi273's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 6,938

Shinobi273's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - AOS Puck   Staff Club - Shinobi273   5,000 Posts   Staff - Moderator   Submit - Silver   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SynysterChris View Post
So if and opponent is down when u kill them with a weapon like pistol, longshot, boomshot, and torqbow they count towards the weapon achievements? just curious.
Yes, as long as they don't leave before the match is over. Note: Distinct difference between match and round.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SynysterChris View Post
alright thanks alot i also have one more question can these weapon achievements and others be obtained while hosting? i heard that you cant get them as host.
You can get the achievment while hosting. Same criteria as before, must stay till the end of the match.

Last edited by Shinobi273; 01-08-2008 at 12:57 AM.
Shinobi273 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 12:53 AM   #12
SynysterChris
 
SynysterChris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: California
Posts: 1,128
Send a message via MSN to SynysterChris

SynysterChris's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinobi273 View Post
Yes, as long as they don't leave before the match is over. Note: Distinct difference between match and round.
alright thanks alot i also have one more question can these weapon achievements and others be obtained while hosting? i heard that you cant get them as host.
SynysterChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 02:01 PM   #13
Purge
 
Purge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Dundee, Scotland
Posts: 4,447
Send a message via AIM to Purge Send a message via MSN to Purge Send a message via Skype™ to Purge

Davy Allan's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Green Thumb - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Submit - Silver   SOTF Runner Up   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Donator - Level 1   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dstrukt View Post
Either you're lying or your friend is. Taken directly from gearsofwar.com:

How does Annex affect gaining achievements?
Due to the addition of infinite respawns, any kills in Annex won’t count towards kill-based achievements like “Seriously…” and “The Nuge.” Since Annex is a new additional gametype, you will not need to play Annex to be granted “Mix It Up.” The basic multiplayer achievements like “Always Remember Your First” are still achievable in Annex.

So no, it neither counts toward weapon achievements nor "Seriously..."
Ah bollucks. I play annex non-stop.
__________________
mangalist
Every night, I can feel my leg, and my arm... even my fingers.
The body I've lost... the comrades I've lost... won't stop hurting.
It's like they're all still there. You feel it too, don't you?



Purge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 06:30 PM   #14
NemyDK
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 13

NemyDK's Gamercard
I've not started to achieve-hunt in this game yet, before i do, how many do you have to be in the lobby to start a ranked match?
NemyDK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 01:15 AM   #15
Asian47
 
Asian47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: In the shadows, out of sight.
Posts: 3,765

Asian x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Silver   2,500 Posts   GamerScore League Season 9 Winner   GSL 9 MVP   Road Map - Gold   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Donator - Level 1   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NemyDK View Post
I've not started to achieve-hunt in this game yet, before i do, how many do you have to be in the lobby to start a ranked match?
You need at least 6 people in a room, so you'll have to find another 5 people.
__________________

Asian47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 07:13 PM   #16
rad fad
 
rad fad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: FLA
Posts: 213

rad fad's Gamercard
This is probably a dumb question but is there a way to invite friends to a game?
__________________
message me to boost online/co-op for the following games:

Bioshock 2 // Condemned 2 // Fable III // Gears of War (1,2,3) // GRAW 2 // any Guitar Hero // Quantum of Solace // Rainbow Six Vegas // Saints Row // TMNT 1989 // Turok
rad fad is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 01:15 PM.