PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Fighting > Fighters Uncaged
Subscribe    Donate

Old 11-05-2010, 12:18 AM   #1
XanafiedSpartan

Send a message via MSN to XanafiedSpartan Send a message via Yahoo to XanafiedSpartan Send a message via Skype™ to XanafiedSpartan

TheDarkAvengerX's Gamercard
What's with this game and bad reviews??

I've been playing this game today and I can't understand why there should be these bad reviews. Some of the controls are a bit sluggish but they are still fine. I'm so far enjoying it and I think its a great daily work out. Makes me sweat bullets lol. I think this game at least deserves a 7 out of 10.
XanafiedSpartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 12:35 AM   #2
Jordbrett

jordbrett84's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I love it! My girlfriend loves it and my friends love it. So minus the fact there's no MP it's awesome!

Jordbrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 03:11 PM   #3
secondfavorite

secondfavorite's Gamercard
def right, multi player def missing and didn't get it b/c of that. The reviews have been so mixed, love or hate, no middle reviews.
secondfavorite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 09:36 AM   #4
Destro

Destro WOD's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
This game was the first kinect game i played when i rented it. Couple years ago i bough a kinect and been wanting to play it again, found it yesterday for 15$... Honestly its fun. Sure the controls don't work all the time, sometimes i do stuff that i didn't intended to do(headbutts...) but at least i can mimmick a figh in my living without having to go to the gym, and its actually kinda fun to beat characters.

My biggest complain is i remember back then when i rented it, i was stuck... could not continue because i could not beat my own score... wich i think is a stupid system... what makes you think i can do better... and its not like COD veteran... you can't retry 30 times... eventually you get tired and perform even worst...

But weirdly im back on league 1 now(and achievements said i beated league 3) and i don't know how to switch it back... so since i just regot the game i beat the early opponents and have fun... anyway there is achievements for beating the dudes 20 times...

Gears of War Legend
Destro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 12:38 AM   #5
The Pants Party
You're Not Invited

Za Pantsupati's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Diamond   Staff - Super Moderator   Micro Guide - Platinum   15,000 Posts   Staff Club - Never Final   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Shiftie   Staff Club - The Pants Party   Staff Club - AOS Puck   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Gold   Referrals - Gold
Total Awards: 20 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by XanafiedSpartan View Post
Some of the controls are a bit sluggish but they are still fine.
Sluggish controls from a game on software that touts 1:1 response time? I think that's exactly why it is getting bad reviews. The entire purpose of Kinect is that you make a move and the character on-screen does the same thing, at the same time. If it takes even a second to register what you've done, the game is a complete failure.

I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
The Pants Party is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 03:36 AM   #6
Jordbrett

jordbrett84's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pants Party View Post
Sluggish controls from a game on software that touts 1:1 response time? I think that's exactly why it is getting bad reviews. The entire purpose of Kinect is that you make a move and the character on-screen does the same thing, at the same time. If it takes even a second to register what you've done, the game is a complete failure.
I get damn near 1:1 movement but that's only because I pick my shots. It throws as soon as I do but you can't flail like a moron or of course it wont pick up 50 punches in two seconds. As soon as my gf figured that out she loved it. Fight like a real fight, take your time, pick your shots and I promise you'll enjoy it.

Jordbrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 06:13 AM   #7
SOTG Ace

o masta ace o's Gamercard
This game seems to work fine for me, unless my damn cat walks by and I do some crazy kick. Nice graphics and allows me to burn a few extra calories. I'd give it a 7.5!
Old 11-05-2010, 06:40 AM   #8
XanafiedSpartan

Send a message via MSN to XanafiedSpartan Send a message via Yahoo to XanafiedSpartan Send a message via Skype™ to XanafiedSpartan

TheDarkAvengerX's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOTG Ace View Post
This game seems to work fine for me, unless my damn cat walks by and I do some crazy kick. Nice graphics and allows me to burn a few extra calories. I'd give it a 7.5!
Hopefully your not kicking your cat. But yep the game is a good workout.
XanafiedSpartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 01:21 PM   #9
Pole

Pole04's Gamercard
Kick the cat, im sure it would love to help you slay Ratface.

I am firmly of the opinion that people who haven’t even played Kinect should shut the hell up. I am SOOOO tired of people bashing the Kinect because you can’t play sitting down, because they broke a sweat, or are just too lame to actually give the system a chance.

Kinect is new, and by no means perfect. Hell did anyone really expect Microsoft to put out a perfect product. Yea it probably doesn’t work as well as the “Move”. Microsoft couldn’t exactly copy the Wii to build the Kinect. Fully controllerless technology is going to take some time to mature.

With that being said, Fighters Uncaged is an excellent example of a more mature-ish game for Kinect and is a hell of a lot of fun to play. Yea your gonna break a sweat and feel like someone kicked your ass the next day, but hell goto a dojo and spar with someone for an hour. You’ll come out feeling a lot worse.

If you have a Kinect, give this game a try. You’ll have fun and after all that’s what it’s all about.
Pole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 07:42 PM   #10
XRedemptional

l Rush v2's Gamercard
Yeah I don't see what's so bad about this game?
Just don't throw 15 punches in 2 seconds, because it's meant to be more realistic not fight like a dumb shit.

XRedemptional is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 10:08 AM   #11
cjdavies

cjdavies82's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Tried it last night and it was great, the only move I couldn't get passed in training was Ducking and Low Round Kick - may adjust my Kinect for that.

I'm still learning the moves (like any other game) and agree what some said, it's all about timing and not swinging your arms and legs all over the place.

I did my first fight, and I now know I must learn the dodge/block/duck method and the different ranges of what I can use.
Old 11-20-2010, 02:45 AM   #12
TopNotched

Master Morphius's Gamercard
People that gave this game a bad review are absolutely WRONG! This is possibly one of the best fighting game ever made. (besides a few cheezie characters) The controls are super tight, you have huge control over your character AND Your body is the controller! The game has a set of fight moves that you can do, You can only do these moves to gain full control, people that go crazy like ninjas "aka Power Rangers" (the same type of people that rapidly press a to win a fight) will think the game sucks, but actually its the controller (the person) that has the issue.

I cant believe xbox360achievements.org gave it a bad review

Quote:
I wouldn’t say it was downright unplayable, but it’s not far off. The actions on-screen rarely mimic your actions in front of the camera. Even getting through the tutorial was a chore.
Sounds like he should have gone through the tutorial a few more times before moving on. Maybe he sparkles like a vampire or has a lemon sensor! :-)

Last edited by TopNotched; 11-20-2010 at 02:53 AM.
TopNotched is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 02:56 PM   #13
Robert-da-pro

Robert da Pro's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
I think that is decent game, but ofcorse there is lot of room to advance in future @ fighting games with kinect, but for first game Ubisoft have done great job!

Robert-da-pro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 08:30 AM   #14
TopAce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert-da-pro View Post
I think that is decent game, but ofcorse there is lot of room to advance in future @ fighting games with kinect, but for first game Ubisoft have done great job!
Agree - it may not be 1:1, but it is a pretty good workout.

You just have to remember that you need to dodge a lot and do the "moves" that the game want's and not flailing your arms like a crazy ninja.
TopAce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 05:45 PM   #15
Suiken

Mr Suplex's Gamercard
So is it safe to say that the "unresponsiveness" of the controls is really just morons flailing wildly instead of taking realistic shots like a true fighter would?

I just got a Kinect and this game always intrigued me, but the bad reviews scared me off. I'm an experienced muay thai practitioner, so if I use real life timings and combinations, will that work in this game. Are the movements and combos anything like a real fighter would throw?

Thanks for the help.
Suiken is offline   Reply With Quote