PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip?

Go Back > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Fallout 3
Subscribe    Donate

Old 11-07-2010, 07:38 PM   #1

CoDzombieDude's Gamercard
How does Fallout compare to Oblivion?

I was wondering, as I am looking for a good, immersive RPG to really sink my teeth into And, since I heard Bethesda are good at this kind of thing I was wondering which to get?

So far, I'm leaning towards Fallout 3 as it's cheaper and it looks, frankly, awesome

Thanks for any comments!
CoDzombieDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 12:45 AM   #2

Ozgoon56's Gamercard
I played Oblivion on PC and, more recently, Fallout 3 on Xbox. They're both great games but I preferred Fallout largely because of the levelling system which was Oblivions major flaw. Also Fallout has much better add-ons so if you do get it make sure to get the GOTY edition with the DLC on the second disc.
ozgoon56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 01:15 AM   #3

Thermodynamics's Gamercard
I think Fallout is so much better. The speech options make the game hilarious and great, as well as more interactive.
Thermodynamics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 05:14 PM   #4

JLo OO7's Gamercard
Both games are great. But I do agree that the leveling system has been improved in Fallout 3. My suggestion is to start with either one and eventually get around to playing the other. It sounds as though you are leaning towards Fallout 3 at the moment. Go for it!
QCJLo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 09:41 PM   #5

maggot dude's Gamercard
i tried to play oblivion many years ago and couldnt stand it, just started playing fallout 3 and i completely love it. i usually dont like RPG's but maybe thats just me turning into more of a mature gamer, if your looking for a long and immersive game, this is definatly the game for you !
maggotdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 11:33 PM   #6
Max Clubs Bard

Scotty x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Cops N' Robbers - Tier 1   Green Thumb - Gold   Staff Club - Scotty   5,000 Posts   Subscriber Clubs Baron   Road Map - Platinum   Staff - Maximum Clubs Director   Donator - Level 5   Staff Club - troy0891   Subscriber - Gold   x360a Representer   Staff Club - TemporalWizard
Total Awards: 22 (more» ...)
i personally think(and it looks like im the only one) that oblivion was better. ive never played a game so much, i normally just get games for cheevos which i did with this thinking it was a cheap 1000gs but i quickly changed my mind. i stopped everything to play this game and i didnt go anywhere outside my house for like 4 weeks, which come to think of it if you have a life(i dont) might be a bad thing.
Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote