PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Fighting > Scott Pilgrim vs. the World
Subscribe    Donate

Old 12-29-2010, 11:25 PM   #1
NoMansLand 666

NoMansLand 666's Gamercard
Knives Chau DLC Achievement Guide

Been using this website for a while, here's my first (crappy) achievement guide, will look up adding pics in a bit.

1) Speed Run (20G):
Cleared the game in 90 minutes or less with Knives

You really don't want my help with this do you?

I managed to get her from level 1 to 16, max stats etc using the Konami Code exploit and clear the game and got this achivement without trying for it, so focus on it, should be easily doable.

2) It's all in the reflexes (10G):
Catch a flying object at least 25 times with Knives.

Can be done in 2 player Battle Royale (2nd controller needed). Use Player 2 to throw stuff at Player 1 and use B to catch.

Knives MUST be at Level 4 to do this. She won't have the Catch move otherwise.

Can be done in Single Player, harder method of doing this though.

3) Ninja Somersault (20G):
Perform at least 10 consecutive head stomps successfully with Knives.

Use Survival Horror Mode for this one (accessed via cheat code at the title screen, and then locate Survival Horror Mode in Extra Game Modes.) Kill between 90 to 100 zombies, and try to make them gather at the base of the screen, then go nuts (head stomp is the one where you press Y in mid-air, keep pressing it to keep performing head stomps).

Method posted by Exu:
Go to second battle with Gideon (Gigadeon) and then once the second phase of the fight begins, run up and stomp him ten times.

Last edited by NoMansLand 666; 12-31-2010 at 03:23 PM.
NoMansLand 666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 11:41 PM   #2
Exu

EXU's Gamercard
Better and faster method for Ninja Somersault: Go to second battle with Gideon (Gigadeon) and then once the second phase of the fight begins, run up and stomp him ten times. Easy.
Old 12-30-2010, 12:28 AM   #3
Xscapist

Does the 90 minutes have to be done in a single sitting, or can you quit out and resume later and it'll pick up where it left off?
Xscapist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 12:48 AM   #4
Higginjoe

Higginjoe's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xscapist View Post
Does the 90 minutes have to be done in a single sitting, or can you quit out and resume later and it'll pick up where it left off?
I would imagine it all has to be done in one sitting, and it very easily can be. The patch seems to drastically cut the health of enemies, so it doesn't take near as long to kill everything.

I got it today, going from Lvl. 1 Knives to beating Gideon. As long as you're not terribly slow and use Subspace shortcuts when you can, you should be fine to make it in the 90 minutes.

On a semi-related note, I don't know if they just want you to beat all 7 bosses in 90 minutes (a la One Man Army), or if they want you to go from the very first level to the very last, in order, in 90. Either way, it's easy.
Higginjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 05:31 AM   #5
Liquid-X

alphaliquidx's Gamercard
Quote:
Just tested, and it definetly has to be done in one sitting. Trying the "One Man Army" method now.

*EDIT*

Yeah, after testing it, it looks like the One Man Army method doesen't work for Speed Run. I had to play from start to finish in one sitting to get it to pop.

Last edited by Liquid-X; 12-30-2010 at 07:17 AM.
Liquid-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 11:48 AM   #6
Exu

EXU's Gamercard
I got it on Gigadeon first pop, hence me posting it. But you can always come back to the stage to retry it a lot quicker than retrying the Zombie Survival method.
Old 12-31-2010, 03:07 AM   #7
Liquid-X

alphaliquidx's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exu View Post
I got it on Gigadeon first pop, hence me posting it. But you can always come back to the stage to retry it a lot quicker than retrying the Zombie Survival method.
I finally got it to pop through Gigadeon. Thing is, it was only thanks to sheer luck that I was able to pull it off. Basically, after getting smacked away from Gigadeon, I was able to bounce back twords him in such a way that I was high enough to avoid being hit by any subsequent attacks, thus allowing me to finally pull it off.

However, I wouldn't recomend using Gigadeon as a way of getting it, as it seems to rely way to much on luck to actually pull it off.
Old 01-04-2011, 06:54 PM   #8
Rebel Blue7

Rebel Blue7's Gamercard
Quote:
My game froze the Xbox just after I purchased the Tech Attach 2 at Mobile's Secret Shop. I restarted the Xbox and tried again from the start of level 6. Even though I had at least 15 minutes to spare between the combined attempts, no Speed Run. So if your game glitches, start over from the beginning.
Rebel Blue7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 05:06 AM   #9
SuperHappy

RealSuperHappy's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exu View Post
Better and faster method for Ninja Somersault: Go to second battle with Gideon (Gigadeon) and then once the second phase of the fight begins, run up and stomp him ten times. Easy.
I can't get this to work at all. Every time I try, I get in 8 hits before he either backs up out of reach or attacks me. Never fails, exactly 8 hits, he backs up.

Doing it in Zombie mode is pretty much impossible too, because no matter how many zombies gather up, one stomp will hit multiple zombies, knocking them all over and clearing out the entire area around me.

Is there some other place to do this? Because this achievement is looking pretty impossible at the moment.

EDIT: and of course I get it right after posting this. Looks like it's easier to keep your chain if you stick to the bottom right, where his attacks can't reach.

Last edited by SuperHappy; 12-30-2010 at 05:13 AM.
SuperHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 05:14 AM   #10
Liquid-X

alphaliquidx's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperHappy View Post
I can't get this to work at all. Every time I try, I get in 8 hits before he either backs up out of reach or attacks me. Never fails, exactly 8 hits, he backs up.
I've had the same problem. I get up to 9 hits, then he either attacks or backs away, breaking my chain. So I'm really not seeing how it can be done with Gigadeon.
Old 12-30-2010, 01:53 PM   #11
NoMansLand 666

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperHappy View Post

Doing it in Zombie mode is pretty much impossible too, because no matter how many zombies gather up, one stomp will hit multiple zombies, knocking them all over and clearing out the entire area around me.
Not impossible in Zombie mode, took me 2 attempts (died doing stupid stuff the first time) and got it the second, you really need to get a big row of them down the bottom to keep going for 10 though. Took me 5 or so minutes, it's just persisting with it.
Old 12-30-2010, 05:48 PM   #12
AboveHunter

AboveHunter's Gamercard
im having trouble get the catch 25 times achivement is there a good way of doing this cause i can't seem to get the timing down. or does it have to be like slidding or soemthing?

Last edited by AboveHunter; 12-30-2010 at 05:50 PM.
AboveHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 06:37 PM   #13
Exu

EXU's Gamercard
I did it with two pads. Start the first level, go forward and take out the first two goons and bring back a dustbin or two to the start of the stage, where the screen won't scroll.

Now, have the dummy character hold the bin just in front of Knives, and try to get a rhythm down of pressing Y on the holder's pad, and B on the catcher's pad just after. It'll take a few goes and then it should click, and you can pass it back and forth.

You should be able to get the timing down by looking at the sprites. When I did it, they were just far enough apart that I could press B just as the trash can was leaving the other character.
Old 01-01-2011, 04:17 PM   #14
Doktor Wilhelm

Location: North East, England, United Kingdom, Europe, Earth, Sol System.

Doktor Wilhelm's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I'm not after stepping on anyone's toes, but I just though I'd reword (90%) and reformat (99%) NoMansLand 666 guide (though I've not used the additional methods from others), to make it more guide like!
Also my first attempt at anything guide like (not posted it as a seperate thread, since it's not all my work, just wanted to see if I could do it)!

It's all in the reflexes - 10G
Catch a flying object at least 25 times with Knives.

At level 4 Kinves gains a move that allows her to grab items thrown at her via pressing , best done in the new Battle Royale game mode that comes with the DLC (2 controllers needed); Select Knives as player 1 and any other character for player 2, use the 2nd controller to throw items (press to pick up an item and to throw) at player 1 and catch them using .

Can also be done in Single Player, but will take much longer and be harder.

Ninja Somersault - 20
Perform at least 10 consecutive head stomps successfully with Knives.

At level 11 Knives learns the head stomp move: Jump + .
Use Survival Horror Mode (access via cheat code) and Kill between around 100 zombies, so that the screen fills up with more zombies and try to make them gather at the base of the screen, and then use head stomp on them 10 times in a row, without touching the floor.

Zombie Survival Mode
at the Title Screen

Speed Run - 20
Cleared the game in 90 minutes or less with Knives

Just play through With Knives from the first stage to the last on Average Joe difficulty, to speed things up you can use the power of love sword.

If you want to be max level before starting and don't have the money to move over from another character, you may also use the Konami Code Money Trick as described in This Thread until you have about $700.00 and then pay off Scott's Late fees in No Account Video and level Knives up (buy 'Seven Shaolin Masters' 10 time and then 'Alone and Disturbed' until you are level 16), before starting again from the first stage.

Power of Love sword unlocked at any stage
at the Title Screen

"Video games don't affect kids. If Pac-Man had affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in dark rooms, munching pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." - Marcus Brigstocke

Last edited by Doktor Wilhelm; 01-03-2011 at 06:16 PM. Reason: A bit of rewording.
Doktor Wilhelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 06:18 AM   #15
AZNsupermarket

EricSuhx's Gamercard
A big part of the trick of this achievement is to sign in the second character as Ramona and hit LB (the button that makes knives appear with coffee). When knives appears for Ramona, she speeds everyone else up. That makes doing 10 stomps go a lot faster, and for some reason, it makes knives' down+y in the air attack push her further into the air. This makes this achievement ridiculously easy to do in the fight against giant gideon as the previously posted youtube video demonstrates.
AZNsupermarket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 01:26 PM   #16
UCB Disco

Disco Penguins's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Silver   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZNsupermarket View Post
A big part of the trick of this achievement is to sign in the second character as Ramona and hit LB (the button that makes knives appear with coffee). When knives appears for Ramona, she speeds everyone else up. That makes doing 10 stomps go a lot faster, and for some reason, it makes knives' down+y in the air attack push her further into the air. This makes this achievement ridiculously easy to do in the fight against giant gideon as the previously posted youtube video demonstrates.
I got lucky without doing it that way, but that sounds much, much, MUCH easier. I did it by myself after the 20th (or so) attempt, and Gigadeon just stood there a little longer than normal. Works for me. 100%ed Scott Pilgrim.

UCB Disco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 02:06 AM   #17
NoMansLand 666

I don't view as stepping on my toes, lol. I openly said in the opening post it was my first attempt and that it was crap.

Did you get the pictures off of the main achievement list? Couldn't work that bit of it out when I was doing it (the achievement list wasn't live on this site when I made it).
Old 01-03-2011, 06:34 AM   #18
UCB Disco

Disco Penguins's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Silver   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMansLand 666 View Post
I don't view as stepping on my toes, lol. I openly said in the opening post it was my first attempt and that it was crap.

Did you get the pictures off of the main achievement list? Couldn't work that bit of it out when I was doing it (the achievement list wasn't live on this site when I made it).
Couple things to help you out;

1) You're not supposed to make achievement guides or roadmaps until you have at least 100 posts. That's apparent forum rules.

2) You have to include the unlocked pictures from your Xbox.com profile page. Now that Xbox.com has been updated, no one can see unlocked pictures unless they have the achievement unlocked themselves.

3) Be extremely descriptive. You don't want readers not understanding exactly what you're saying. As a writer, you want to capture their thinking and inform them as to exactly what you did to unlock the achievement(s). Being vague hurts communication and causes a lot of frustration among forum members. Go into extreme detail, even if you have to mention, "At the precise time Gigadeon's hair flairs white...". That kind of description helps the reader to know what you're talking about without having to see a video. With any guide, you'll want to do this.

4) Lastly, never repeat the achievement description. That's just tacky.

Hope that helps.

UCB Disco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 12:07 AM   #19
RadiantViper

radiantviper's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCB Disco View Post
2) You have to include the unlocked pictures from your Xbox.com profile page. Now that Xbox.com has been updated, no one can see unlocked pictures unless they have the achievement unlocked themselves.
You use the ones from the achievement list on the site, they will get updated in time. And I don't see any repeating of the achievement descriptions ... ?
RadiantViper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 06:26 PM   #20
Doktor Wilhelm

Location: North East, England, United Kingdom, Europe, Earth, Sol System.

Doktor Wilhelm's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMansLand 666 View Post

It's more that I felt that all I had done was reword your guide (it was all I'd done at first, until I changed a bit more and then changed it a few more times, lol) and added the achievements tiles (yeah, the achievements list was updated when I got them, this site usually doesn't update the list until the achievements appear of xbox.com, so it took awhile for the to appear).

"Video games don't affect kids. If Pac-Man had affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in dark rooms, munching pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." - Marcus Brigstocke
Doktor Wilhelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 08:32 PM   #21
NoMansLand 666

@UCB Disco

Cheers for the advice. I'd used the Forum FAQ for that and didn't see anything about the 100 posts before writing a guide bit. Ah well, I can write the first attempt off as a failure and hopefully do better next time.
Old 01-08-2011, 12:37 PM   #22
T0b3

Send a message via ICQ to T0b3 Send a message via AIM to T0b3 Send a message via MSN to T0b3 Send a message via Yahoo to T0b3 Send a message via Skype™ to T0b3

t0b3 zero's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Silver   Road Map - Gold   1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
OP's method for Ninja Somersault doesn't work at all.
Gonna try out that other method now..

100% Retail:
44 | 100% Arcade: 92
trueachievements
99999 GS achieved 09/07/2011
T0b3 is offline   Reply With Quote