Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Dead Space 2
Subscribe    Donate

Old 02-06-2011, 01:15 AM   #1
alex1407

alex1407's Gamercard
Stupid deaths on Hard Core

First of all i really liked Hard Core mode,something that presented a challenge. I liked how it put pressure and get me nervous. I manage to die in places that on my normal and zealot runs i wasn't paying much attention to. I died on the train getting hit by both doors,then i smashed into flaying debris during open space flight,and then i got incinerated by those fire rings in zero-g! When you fill presure from Hard Core game playes in different way!

....who's next?
alex1407 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 02:40 AM   #2
dezpinato

despinato's Gamercard
i died several times by the falling train. and once at the fire rings forcing me to restart at the beginning of seven after being hit by a flying bug and getting knocked back into the flames i was so mad.

the funniest one was when i cleared the elevator in chapter seven only to step on one of those mines and blow up. thank god i only had to go back to the beginning of seven because i hadn't saved yet and if it wasn't for the second disc i would have had to restart the whole game.
dezpinato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 03:32 AM   #3
Albel Nox

Send a message via Skype™ to Albel Nox

Noxxender's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Gold
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I keep randomly exploding. D : It's happened like three times.

And if it's not that, it's a necro that manages to somehow one-hit me while I'm at full health.
This chapter 7 to 11 stretch is killing me. x-x

Albel Nox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 12:20 PM   #4
xTGMx INF3RNO

xTGMx INF3RNO's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts
Went to take a swig on my drink. (unpaused) and out of nowhere i turn round and im being eaten for a necros breakfast.

xTGMx INF3RNO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 06:36 PM   #5
Crims0nPenguin

Crims0n Penguin's Gamercard
Right before I get to the drill station my disc freezes not a death but still pretty annoying...

Another time I accidently ran into a nemacyst pod who was located near a bunch of red exploding tanks
Crims0nPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 08:24 AM   #6
Ephidel

Ephidel's Gamercard
I never died. I've never failed the Eye Poke either.

Did I do something wrong? Was I supposed to die? :/
Ephidel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 01:50 AM   #7
Neme6ben

neme6ben's Gamercard
chapter 4, shot a window, but missed the red button to shoot... soooo lame, I feel so stupid right now, I had a perfect start
Neme6ben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 01:19 PM   #8
m4milo

mamilo1's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neme6ben View Post
chapter 4, shot a window, but missed the red button to shoot... soooo lame, I feel so stupid right now, I had a perfect start
Ha! Happened to me on Chapter 9 as well. Had to start from Chapter 7 yet again. Sucks!
Old 02-06-2011, 03:41 AM   #9
SpongebobRoundpants

gamerboyTHXtss's Gamercard
I playd from the begining of chapter 8 to end of 10 and FUCKING *@^%#@#*@%#%@*@*#% Died at by one of the STUPID FREAKING(^*^**&^%^%$# things that have 3 arms and spit things at you by it jumping on my Freaking $^$&%$(^$ back. I was going to use a health pack but i just risked it . 2 hrs and 30 min. it took. Can anyone say anything to make me feel better?
SpongebobRoundpants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 03:51 AM   #10
g2thecore

Send a message via AIM to g2thecore

FluidTrigga's Gamercard
Lol, I can't even begin to tell you how many times I died from stupid stuff. On my first run at HC, I made it to the end of chapt 3 and died from one of the exploders. I felt like I had a good distance from him, and I shot his exploding arm.....well let's just say I misjudged the distance. Then I made it to the first encounter with the stalkers, I got stuck on the wall for some reason and couldn't run away, and I died. Those are the 2 that really bothered me....otherwise, I think I died upwards of 5 times on my HC run. I'm just glad it's over now.

"Difficult takes a day, Impossible takes a week..."- Jay-Z

100% Retail: Fifa Street 3, Madden 06, Fight Night Round 3, TMNT, Fifa 06, NCAA 07, NBA Live 08, Madden 07, Madden 08, Clive Barker's Jericho, Rainbow Six Vegas 2, Avatar: TBE, Lost: Via Domus, Dark Sector, Meet the Robinsons, Open Season,Cabela's Big Game Hunter 2008, Cars Mater-National,At World's End,Viking: Battle for Asgard,CSI:Hard Evidence,NCAA 09, Shrek The Third.
g2thecore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 05:56 AM   #11
Auburok

Send a message via Skype™ to Auburok

auburok's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by g2thecore View Post
Lol, I can't even begin to tell you how many times I died from stupid stuff. On my first run at HC, I made it to the end of chapt 3 and died from one of the exploders. I felt like I had a good distance from him, and I shot his exploding arm.....well let's just say I misjudged the distance. Then I made it to the first encounter with the stalkers, I got stuck on the wall for some reason and couldn't run away, and I died. Those are the 2 that really bothered me....otherwise, I think I died upwards of 5 times on my HC run. I'm just glad it's over now.
The one that got me at that part was the one that comes from the vent next to the door you're trying to get through. He didn't go "BWAAAAAAAAAH" until he was hurling his club fist up my ass since I was next to the vent.

Other stupid deaths include forgetting that you have to hold the left trigger to shoot in the Tormentor scene. Boy, was I happy.

Auburok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 04:58 AM   #12
NultimaSankekur

NultimaSankekur's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpongebobRoundpants View Post
I playd from the begining of chapter 8 to end of 10 and FUCKING *@^%#@#*@%#%@*@*#% Died at by one of the STUPID FREAKING(^*^**&^%^%$# things that have 3 arms and spit things at you by it jumping on my Freaking $^$&%$(^$ back. I was going to use a health pack but i just risked it . 2 hrs and 30 min. it took. Can anyone say anything to make me feel better?
At least take solace on the fact that it happened sooner rather than later.
Old 02-06-2011, 05:06 AM   #13
Bloodrune

Bloodrune's Gamercard
I restarted hardcore a couple of times. I died at the train part and had some ill advised saves. For me the only part that made me mad was after you arrange the solar array panels you have to dodge debris and I had a couple of deaths there. After doing it I feel confident I could beat the entire game without saving once. Upgraded force gun and plasma cutter.
Bloodrune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 05:37 AM   #14
Rivercurse

Send a message via Skype™ to Rivercurse

Rivercurse's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Was just gonna come here and create this exact topic..

I started hard core last night and tbh was pretty surprised with how easy it was. I wasnt planning to save until at least disc 2, and my plan was going fine throuhout chapters 1-6. I only came close to dying once and that was on one of the parts where you're locked in and a million enemies come from everywhere in a room thats bathed in red light.

Anyway, I killed the brute which i was pretty much using as my half way marker, and then rounded the corner to head for the lift that you have to insert disc 2 in and got FUCKIN ONE SHOTTED by the guardian wall hangning necro. :@

I was following a guide which said stasis it and then run past it to find an explosive barrel. I never bothered doing this on my zealot playthroughs but in the interest of ammo saving on hardcore I thought I'd do what the guide said.

Well, I stasis'd it and then walked towards the corner to get past it and it spat out one of the tentacle pods and it took my head clean off in 1 hit at full health. Think I'll be ignoring that bastard guide from now on, I was doing fine on my own.

Back to the start tonight. *sigh*
Rivercurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 06:50 AM   #15
The Betrayer142

The Betrayer142's Gamercard
I'm playing through, used my second save at the start of chapter 11 and plan on using my 3rd save before the eye-poke machine seeing as how the last part is simple running away and using stasis/force gun.

Either way I got to the drill ride and I'm actually doing really well when I believe I accidentally decided to take a spin on the drill in the front (pun intended).

I just looked at the screen with my mouth pulled to the side and thought "okay." and just turned off the xbox lol. Pissed me off.

Thanks to Tubz for the great sig! (See his great artwork HERE)
Gears 2|\*/ on 7/23/2010|Damon Baird FTW

70,000 Achieved!: "Chop-Chopper"--Bulletstorm--3/5/11

Need to boost: Gears (PC and Xbox), Black Ops, Halo Wars, Rock Band 3, Army of Two, Halo: Reach,
The Betrayer142 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 06:54 AM   #16
FSparacino4

im boomheadshot's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivercurse View Post
Was just gonna come here and create this exact topic..

I started hard core last night and tbh was pretty surprised with how easy it was. I wasnt planning to save until at least disc 2, and my plan was going fine throuhout chapters 1-6. I only came close to dying once and that was on one of the parts where you're locked in and a million enemies come from everywhere in a room thats bathed in red light.

Anyway, I killed the brute which i was pretty much using as my half way marker, and then rounded the corner to head for the lift that you have to insert disc 2 in and got FUCKIN ONE SHOTTED by the guardian wall hangning necro. :@

I was following a guide which said stasis it and then run past it to find an explosive barrel. I never bothered doing this on my zealot playthroughs but in the interest of ammo saving on hardcore I thought I'd do what the guide said.

Well, I stasis'd it and then walked towards the corner to get past it and it spat out one of the tentacle pods and it took my head clean off in 1 hit at full health. Think I'll be ignoring that bastard guide from now on, I was doing fine on my own.

Back to the start tonight. *sigh*
I don't know who wrote that guide and I feel badly that you fell victim to it, but Guardians will one shot you if yoy get into their melee range, regardless if stasis is applied or not. It is a scripted death sequence, but you know that now don't you?

Some of my more frustrating deaths:

Chapter 5 - After activating Zero-G in the Coffin Processing Room and passing the fan blades, I forgot to thrust through the circular hatch open and got cut clean in half. Yay for having to start completely over.

Chapter 8 - Zero-G area where the Nest is at the end of the three fire rings. The explosive pods it sent out pushed me back into the fire. Hurray for the disc-switch infinite checkpoint.

Chapter 11 - After moving the giant red lasers out of the way to access the tunnel, I just died. Nothing hit me and I had full air. What a crock of shit that was. Good thing I have more than one controller.

Chapter 13 - Inside the Eye Poke Machine, my girlfriend decides it would be the perfect time to distract me. Shouldn't you be baking or something? I regain my focus only to be bleeding profusely from every orifice on my face. The doctor said it's HIV, but I will be fine. Honestly.

Chapter 15 - After killing the final boss, I could nearly smell victory. No, wait that is the smell of my guts plastered onto a giant floating rock. Arghhh

Places I thought would give me problems but didn't:

CH 10: Decontamination Room
CH 12: Drill Ride
CH 14: Regenerator

So my downfall was the environment, every time. This is why God didn't give humans the ability to fly. Now that I completed hardcore, my feet are staying firmly planted on Earth!
50,000 : Wei of The Road (Sleeping Dogs)

Last edited by FSparacino4; 02-06-2011 at 07:18 AM.
FSparacino4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 07:34 AM   #17
saint gladimier

SAINT GLADIMIER's Gamercard
I personally didn't have problems with dying. But the one time i did die was chapter 14, in the zero G sequence with the slamming door things and that one enemy that shoots the red projectiles at you. The reason i had to restart that part was because of the power dying in my house, lol, which really frustrated me, so i guess i really didn't die, but it still pissed me off.
saint gladimier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 07:43 AM   #18
XxINYOUREYE11xX

BlackHoleFTW's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by saint gladimier View Post
I personally didn't have problems with dying. But the one time i did die was chapter 14, in the zero G sequence with the slamming door things and that one enemy that shoots the red projectiles at you. The reason i had to restart that part was because of the power dying in my house, lol, which really frustrated me, so i guess i really didn't die, but it still pissed me off.
I'm calling BULLSHIT. It is possible to get lucky and not die but I don't believe you.

XxINYOUREYE11xX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 07:51 AM   #19
saint gladimier

call it luck i just didn't find it as difficult as i thought it was going to be. And i don't know what the odds were to have the power die at that very area, but it was a bitch to have to make for the lost time.
Old 02-07-2011, 07:53 AM   #20
XxINYOUREYE11xX

BlackHoleFTW's Gamercard
I've played every difficulty on the game so far. Now that I'm on hardcore I've played it 5 seperate times trying to make it to the 2nd disc without saving and I always die somewhere before then. If you made it to chapter 14 without dying that is not really believeable.

XxINYOUREYE11xX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 08:23 AM   #21
saint gladimier

I am sorry if it sounds that way, but i was just sharing my personal experience with hardcore difficulty and if you wont believe me, i am more than fine with that. Just more the reason for me to be proud of myself for not dying
Old 02-07-2011, 05:41 PM   #22
DemonDuffeh

demonduffeh's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by saint gladimier View Post
I managed to do game without dying on hardcore which shocked me tbh i nearly died at tripod nest in chapter 9 with bare minimum health left and several times on the drill ride. I took breacks bettween my saves and was bricking it at most places coz i was low on medpacks and ammo or just was goin really really slow trying not to die like in the zero g bit with the spinning blades. Tbh i think it was just luck and fact i did 3-4 playthroughs on other difficulties before so i dint did on bits like the quick reaction areas. Most stupid death i have had in this game is falling randomly in the first zero g sectoin coz i thought it was an extra area. Instead it was just a hole in the wall with gravity fun..... splat..
DemonDuffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 06:09 PM   #23
Sir Mourinho

Sir Mourinho's Gamercard
i died many times due to the mere fact of randomness.

i could be in an hallway and clear out all the enemies behind me. then as i am moving forward a random enemy would come from behind yet i just came from there and cleared out all enemies there. plus i didn't hear the roof break just like how most enemies drop into the area or even ehar the necro running or screaming towards me. it was like stealth kills. lol

the random enemies helps in the scare department but cheap deaths caused by enemies just popping out of no where just annoyed the hell out of me.

i finished hardcore with all my deaths being caused by random enemies creeping out of no where to pwn me.

the only unique death was when that camping spitting necro on chapter 14 upstairs froze me and the uber necro popped up to eat me.
as well as the obvious girlfriend spawning just in front of me as the final boss thing closed up.
Sir Mourinho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 07:08 PM   #24
AltarofPlagues

AltarofPlagues's Gamercard
I just got the train hanging bit, which really gave me trouble on zealot, then I took everyone out and forgot to take out the last monkey thing, ran out of plasma cutter and got a sploded. annoying!
AltarofPlagues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 07:17 PM   #25
Opiate42

Location: Canada, likely stuck in a snowdrift...with no shovel

Opiate42's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Silver   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - DEG23   Over Achiever - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
I am laughing so hard right now....this thread needs to be stickied.

It's great to hear tips on what to do....even better to know what NOT TO DO!!!

Newcomers to Hardcore would do well to learn from the "oops's" of those that have gone before them.

"Hit it"
Opiate42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 08:14 AM   #26
ZW_

ZW's Gamercard
My deaths

Chapter 9 flying debris crap, 3 playthroughs and I hit it this time.
Chapter 9 I think in the computer core room 2. I used stasis on the black slasher and missed with half health- cursed heavily..
Chapter 13 red laser room, luckily I had just saved..
Fully upgraded rig,stasis,plasma cutter and force gun..
This one definitely goes into my top 10 proudest cheevos..
ZW_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 05:05 PM   #27
Radgeta

Radgeta's Gamercard
I beat the game on normal.

I then came back after a month or two in an attempt at a hardcore play-through so I forgot a lot of what I should expect.

I was in Chapter 3 or 4 where you get on the tram.

I was at the part where you fall out and get tangled in the wire. I made quick work of the necromorphs on the ground level.

I forgot entirely about the brute and panicked. I fired at the wire over and over and then the train fell on me.

I forgot you have to actually shoot the brute.
Radgeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 02:48 AM   #28
warborn718

warborn718's Gamercard
My first death was on chapter 5, I underestimated that fan in the zero-g chamber and thought i could outrun it without recharging my stasis (stupid, i know). Luckily i had just saved. My second death was in the food processing plant on that first set of grinders. I was going slow as hell but I oriented to the ground at the wrong time, lost my leg. Then i forget which chapter it was but right after you get dragged through a hallway and thrown into space by that tentacle, i forgot about the pukers after diverting the lasers and got totally annihilated. And on chapter 9 I almost got sucked out the window after shooting the exploder, it was as close as you could have gotten too haha i had to take a break after that. My advice would be to do your hardcore runthrough shortly after you get done playing it on zealot so you don't forget some of those key details.