PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood > The Da Vinci Disappearance
Subscribe    Donate

Old 03-09-2011, 06:25 AM   #1
Quid Squid

elKamikazeSquid's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
43 39 19 n 75 27 42 w (spoilers within)

So as soon as I saw the numbers (i play with subtitles on) at the end of the last mission I knew they were latitude/longitude markers and looked them up. They just point to someplace in NY state. I just came across this article about how it could possibly link the next game (or the one they are announcing in May) to a battle in the American Revolution.

http://oxcgn.com/2011/03/09/next-ass...spoiler-alert/

American revolution has been the time period I have been hoping for since playing the second game and seeing where it was going, so I hope this could be true. Not sure about the architecture of the time period and how many large cities or high landmarks there are to climb, but the story would be great. So much history on the templars/free masons and the founding of the US.
Quid Squid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 07:11 AM   #2
Venomized

Armoured Brecce's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quid Squid View Post
So as soon as I saw the numbers (i play with subtitles on) at the end of the last mission I knew they were latitude/longitude markers and looked them up. They just point to someplace in NY state. I just came across this article about how it could possibly link the next game (or the one they are announcing in May) to a battle in the American Revolution.

http://oxcgn.com/2011/03/09/next-ass...spoiler-alert/

American revolution has been the time period I have been hoping for since playing the second game and seeing where it was going, so I hope this could be true. Not sure about the architecture of the time period and how many large cities or high landmarks there are to climb, but the story would be great. So much history on the templars/free masons and the founding of the US.

Smart idea. I shouldve played with subtitles on.

And sounds interesting. I think it would be fun to play in that time. Any time would be fun to play for me in Assassins Creed. Even dinosaur age
Venomized is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 02:31 PM   #3
starmonday

starmonday's Gamercard
I think they also gave hints for a second dlc, because Ezio talks about dealing with Ceasare once and for all and that he needs a ship shortly after the numbers show up.
starmonday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 03:05 PM   #4
RelentlessFours

RelentlessFours's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by starmonday View Post
I think they also gave hints for a second dlc, because Ezio talks about dealing with Ceasare once and for all and that he needs a ship shortly after the numbers show up.
The Da Vinci Disappearance takes place in 1506 - the year before Ezio goes to Spain to kill Cesare in Sequence 9. That's why he talks about needing to charter a ship in the DLC.

On topic, I'm glad someone looked those co-ordinates up, I was interested to see where they pointed to! The location does seem to suggest that some portion of the next game would take place in America - but as the co-ordinates are intended for Desmond, it might suggest that he'll end up exploring around there in modern times? Probably not for the whole game though, maybe just a couple of sections where you play as Desmond, like in Brotherhood.
RelentlessFours is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 04:45 PM   #5
anonymous ferret

Quote:
Originally Posted by RelentlessFours View Post
The Da Vinci Disappearance takes place in 1506 - the year before Ezio goes to Spain to kill Cesare in Sequence 9. That's why he talks about needing to charter a ship in the DLC.

On topic, I'm glad someone looked those co-ordinates up, I was interested to see where they pointed to! The location does seem to suggest that some portion of the next game would take place in America - but as the co-ordinates are intended for Desmond, it might suggest that he'll end up exploring around there in modern times? Probably not for the whole game though, maybe just a couple of sections where you play as Desmond, like in Brotherhood.
^ This.

It's the most logical & we pretty much know it's going to be Desmond playing in the next game. Any new character or going back to play as Ezio or even Altair would probably be minimal with the focus being on Desmond.
anonymous ferret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 08:27 PM   #6
themartyrh

henkleiden's Gamercard
If you look good at the numbers and just type them into google maps you wil get to a place called Turin. and turin is english for Torino a place in italy which i think the next AC will take place.

And also when he talkes about salai Ezio says to him that he suits him. wich can be refferded to being gay. and if you look it up on wikipedia, it says that Da Vinci and silai probely had a sexual relationship.

Last edited by themartyrh; 04-03-2011 at 08:30 PM. Reason: ad more text
themartyrh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 11:17 PM   #7
GreenRook

GreenRook88's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by themartyrh View Post
if you look good at the numbers and just type them into google maps you wil get to a place called turin. And turin is english for torino a place in italy which i think the next ac will take place.

And also when he talkes about salai ezio says to him that he suits him. Wich can be refferded to being gay. And if you look it up on wikipedia, it says that da vinci and silai probely had a sexual relationship.
baby i was born this way!!!!!!!
GreenRook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 12:22 AM   #8
MarkkHughes Xx

MarkkHughes Xx's Gamercard
I find all these ideas very intersting to read!! Keep them comin guys, from one Assassin's Creed fan to another!
MarkkHughes Xx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 03:56 PM   #9
c88

c88's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by themartyrh View Post
if you look it up on wikipedia, it says that Da Vinci and silai probely had a sexual relationship.
Definitely not the most reliable source of information.
30,000 - 4/10/2010 EA Sports FN 3, Everlast Achievement
40,000 - 9/4/2011 Madden NFL 12, Arian Foster Award

100% Games:

I know that good help is hard to find. Message me if you would like to boost on a game.
c88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 05:09 PM   #10
Jahman7

jahman7's Gamercard
So we are assuming that it is a +43°39'19"N , +75°27'42"W

Considering that Leonardo didn't understand the numbers, he could have omitted the (-) from either side thinking of it as a hyphen. This leaves us with four possible locations...
Jahman7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 07:21 PM   #11
daishichi

Daishichi's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
I believe the N & W take the - or + out of the equation. It's the middle of New York State, near a town named Turin...as in the Shroud of Turin, one of the artifacts referred to in ACII and further explained in Project Legacy.

RelentlessFours is right, what it's setting up is that the Assassins are taking Desmond there while he's comatose. We'll explore another ancestor (when and where we don't know, but Leonardo talked about going to work for Louis XII of France), but Desmond will be trying to get to an artifact at the temple revealed in this DLC memory.

The shroud has the power to bring the dead back to life...don't buy a coffin for Lucy just yet.
Old 03-09-2011, 08:31 PM   #12
Quid Squid

elKamikazeSquid's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by daishichi View Post
I believe the N & W take the - or + out of the equation. It's the middle of New York State, near a town named Turin...as in the Shroud of Turin, one of the artifacts referred to in ACII and further explained in Project Legacy.

RelentlessFours is right, what it's setting up is that the Assassins are taking Desmond there while he's comatose. We'll explore another ancestor (when and where we don't know, but Leonardo talked about going to work for Louis XII of France), but Desmond will be trying to get to an artifact at the temple revealed in this DLC memory.

The shroud has the power to bring the dead back to life...don't buy a coffin for Lucy just yet.
does anyone know who William is? He was mentioned during the dialogue referring to Desmond and the new memories (i think in the beginning, might have been at the end when they are heading to the new temple location from the numbers).
Quid Squid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 08:57 PM   #13
Heeman89

Heeman89's Gamercard
Quote:
does anyone know who William is? He was mentioned during the dialogue referring to Desmond and the new memories (i think in the beginning, might have been at the end when they are heading to the new temple location from the numbers).

There is an Assassin that Lucy and Shaun email through out the game named William M, might be the same guy
Heeman89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 06:22 AM   #14
Te1egram Sam

Te1egram Sam's Gamercard
If you search the coordinates on googlemaps and if you zoom out, slightly south of there is Rome New York, most likely not a coincidence.
Te1egram Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 09:17 AM   #15
hsith

HsitH's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heeman89 View Post
There is an Assassin that Lucy and Shaun email through out the game named William M, might be the same guy
That guy sound like a douche, even if he is on the Assassin Order.

Anyway, Great DLC campaign. Best 800 I've ever spend
Old 03-17-2011, 08:57 PM   #16
DarthSoth

I DarthSoth I's Gamercard

Quote:

As stated above, William M is referred to in e-mails by Lucy and Sean. there is a strong suspicion that he might very well be Desmond's father or at least a relative. Desmond Miles. Desmond's parents were assassins and Desmond was abducted because of his DNA link to the pieces of eden so it is possible that he has other relatives in the guild as well.

Spoiler! (click here to reveal)
DarthSoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 12:08 PM   #17
The Nonexistenc

Agonist Sigma's Gamercard
I'm just curious how they'll do Leaps of Faith in the next game.

Then again, they have bales of hay during the American Revolution. I just feel like it's getting old...
The Nonexistenc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 06:11 PM   #18
Murphiroth

Murphiroth's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSoth View Post
As stated above, William M is referred to in e-mails by Lucy and Sean. there is a strong suspicion that he might very well be Desmond's father or at least a relative. Desmond Miles. Desmond's parents were assassins and Desmond was abducted because of his DNA link to the pieces of eden so it is possible that he has other relatives in the guild as well.
This is my theory as well. The AC comic series points to this as well. Someone mentions calling a "Bill Miles" to ask about some files, and "Bill Miles" is bolded to be noticed. Bill=William.
Murphiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 02:22 AM   #19
Eziotheassassin

Quote:
William is Desmond's dad
Eziotheassassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 05:30 AM   #20
Teutonik

Teutonik X's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jahman7 View Post
So we are assuming that it is a +43°39'19"N , +75°27'42"W

Considering that Leonardo didn't understand the numbers, he could have omitted the (-) from either side thinking of it as a hyphen. This leaves us with four possible locations...
The game nor him included the "+" and "-"

"+" means North or West, "-" means South or East.

In fact all it said was "43 39 19 N 75 27 42 W".
Teutonik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 06:10 PM   #21
Itzz Sh0wt1m3

Itzz Sh0wt1m3's Gamercard
would be nice!

Completed games:
Retail: 9
Arcade: 3

10,000G since: 25th of March 2011
20,000G since: 11th of November 2011
Itzz Sh0wt1m3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 06:31 PM   #22
Tiny x AssAssin

Tiny x AssAssin's Gamercard
http://www.electricpig.co.uk/2011/02...ement-due-may/

We will find out everything we want to know about assassins creed 4 in may.
I think only Desmonds story will carry on in America, but im not sure who we will go back to in the animus
Tiny x AssAssin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 08:09 AM   #23
LJParnell

LJParnell's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Has anyone gone to these coordinates? You know every once in a great while, some company or someone hides things for people to find. It seems like it would be a great marketing story for something to be there and have someone find it. If I was remotely close, I would probably try it. Being in California, I am not going to make the trip.
LJParnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 02:52 PM   #24
mofokuban

WillisVanDamage's Gamercard
Looks like AC3 will be in America... :sigh: I was hoping for something else. Like maybe Russia during the revolution, or France, or maybe even China during the Boxer Rebellion or something.
mofokuban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 03:32 AM   #25
HebrewHammarMan

hebrewhammarman's Gamercard
I just joined this site to post on this forum after looking the coordinates up on googleweb, and googlemaps.

I think its odd that none you noted what is at EXACTLY "43 39 19 N 75 27 41 W". Its literally a dark spot on the map. I don't know what it is, maybe a cave or a crater, idk. Here are a few pictures of it: http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/9677/crater1.png http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/6761/crater2.png        http://img855.imageshack.us/img855/6639/crater3.png

Anyone saying that the + or - symbols might be different doesn't understand how map coordinates work. S and W are negative and N and E are positive, like a linear graph.

With the newest issue of gameinformer, we can rest assure that we will not be playing as an ancestor in America. We are officially playing in Istanbul (Constantinople). However, I would entertain the idea that modern assassins, templars, or even Desmond might go to that coordinate to check it out.
HebrewHammarMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 10:49 PM   #26
subject17

Kealan17's Gamercard
Ubisoft have put alot of work into this game it is unbelievable.
I would also like to see AC3 in Ireland or Great Britain....mainly Ireland
subject17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 06:11 AM   #27
HebrewHammarMan

hebrewhammarman's Gamercard
I HAVE A MUCH BETTER PICTURE OF IT

We can now clearly see that it is a lake!
HebrewHammarMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 03:50 AM   #28
auditore61

devildog_166's Gamercard
ok i saw that picture of the coordinates on another website i dont think you did that yourself but thats besides the point...does anyone else find it ridiculous that in the real world tht this triangle works out this perfectly? How is it even possible that makers of this game discovered this random cave in a town in new york with less then 500 people? I dont know what happened with the free masons in the past but there is no way that this is a coincidence...im not insane clearly theres no artifact hidden in some cave in new york but something definitely went on in these places...its almost as if Rome and florence were founded to hint at where something was hidden in that cave...i dont know what maybe some old freemason treasure or something but theres just know what that traingle is a pure coincidence that the developers stumbled upon. On top of all this like someone else pointed out...the oerimeter of the triangle adds to about 72 miles...72.4 to be exact...you cant even try and tell me they ust stumbled upon that. And person above me tht doesnt even look like the same shape of the dark hole and besides tht i thought it might be water but if you change the map from satelite to terrain it doesnt show any water being there but it shows water wheree all the other dark spots are.

Last edited by auditore61; 06-25-2011 at 04:01 AM.
auditore61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 09:07 PM   #29
Charles Allen III

charlesallenIII's Gamercard
My (Charles's) Opinions/Theory

I don't want Assassin's Creed to become a game where guns are the primary weapon. Not only do I not like games of that nature, but the fact that AC doesn't have guns as a primary weapon makes it unique, and therefore, in my case, more desirable. If Desmond's memories are taken to early America, I don't see them taking any other path than using guns.
However, I do not believe that this is the route that they will take. Assassin's Creed is known for diplaying grand, historical locations, whereas the settlements of early America are a rather plain and what I see as a step down from Jerusalem, Venice, Rome, and Constantinople. If you listen at the end of the Da Vinci Disappearance DLC, they say "we've got what we need". I believe that they (the two men speaking) are the Assassins (Maybe that William M. guy and even the mysterious "Erudito" that contacted Desmond earlier in Brotherhood) from the main Assassin headquarters that Lucy mentioned that they would see after they found the Apple. When they said they have what they need, I think they are talking about the coordinates for a piece of eden; the latitude and longitude point to a district in New York called Turin. The Shroud POE is also known as the Shroud of Turin. I beleive they are going to send Assassins (in the present day) to go retrieve the Shroud and use it to bring Lucy back to life. When/if Desmond comes back into consciousness at the end of AC Revelations, he is going to find Lucy is alive.

I also find it odd that nobody considered that Rebecca may have been a Templar.
Charles Allen III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 04:06 PM   #30
Oni EliteZ

Oni EliteZ's Gamercard
Given what we now know about revelations and that we are not having a new ancestor introduced and that we will be playing as Desmond, Atair and Ezio we can say that game play will not likely be any more inclined towards guns that the previous hidden gun. Also considering we are mainly going to be playing in Constantinople (at the height of the Ottamon empire) we can assume that the Co-ordinates are of course for the modern section.

I agree with the theory of William as Desmond's Father and the the co-ordinates are likely pointing to the shroud, to be used to heal Lucy. I do not believe that Lucy is a Templar but then on my play through of AC: Brotherhood I did not see the red tracks outside the villa.

I am however looking forward to new eagle vision that shows past, present and future and playing as Altair in a development of Ezio's Memories.