PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Homefront
Subscribe    Donate

Old 03-16-2011, 02:24 PM   #1
CovertDog

covertdog's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - CovertDog   2,500 Posts   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 1000 People Online Supporter
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Official Bitching thread!

Apparently this game needs one. There is to many individual threads. Please keep it here.

Space for rent.

CovertDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 02:36 PM   #2
ShaolinShadow
Banned User

GqxShadow's Gamercard
lol dude we both made one i think at the same time or a few seconds a part, do me a favor delete the one i just made thanks
ShaolinShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 02:40 PM   #3
CovertDog

covertdog's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - CovertDog   2,500 Posts   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 1000 People Online Supporter
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaolinShadow View Post
lol dude we both made one i think at the same time or a few seconds a part, do me a favor delete the one i just made thanks
lol Not a problem.

Space for rent.

CovertDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 03:05 PM   #4
MC B0B x360a

MC B0B x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase x360a Representer   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   2,500 Posts   Donator - Level 2   Word of Mouth   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
I didn't want to make a new thread, but does anybody know if the devs of this game have a twitter page? I know the game itself has a twitter page, but the updates arent that great. Is there a Vahn/JD/402, like there is for COD games. I figured it would help to cut down the bitching if we got updates from the devs or community managers. Thanks

MC B0B x360a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 04:27 PM   #5
Double2Seven

Double2Seven's Gamercard
Worst Fault of the Game !!
I was bored with the single player, it took me less than 4 hours , and it didnt make want more.

But the MP is quitte good , i dont mind the outdated graphic engine or the framerate or the animation of the soldieres , but as i noticed in the single player, bullet penetration is abssent , you cant kill 2 enemies with one bullet, neither you can shoot enemies behind thin sheet of metal or wood....

I hate that really so much.

Hope they solve it with a patch but i doubt it.

Portuguese Soul...
Double2Seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 09:43 PM   #6
Methionine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double2Seven View Post
I was bored with the single player, it took me less than 4 hours , and it didnt make want more.

But the MP is quitte good , i dont mind the outdated graphic engine or the framerate or the animation of the soldieres , but as i noticed in the single player, bullet penetration is abssent , you cant kill 2 enemies with one bullet, neither you can shoot enemies behind thin sheet of metal or wood....

Both of these are completely untrue. I just beat it on hardest difficulty and 2 stages proving this is incorrect come to mind. On the stage where you go to the farm and walk through the water under the bridge and a soldier drops through the bridge hung, you can def line up a sniper shot and take out 2 enemies.

Also, on the goldengate bridge when you "fall" and have to work your way back up, after the first wave of enemies and you move to the second section, 2 enemies can be shot through the blue tarp or plywood or w/e that is as they try to rush you through the catwalk.
XboxLive: FFXItag (FFXI only)
LVL: 90 NIN/90 DRK/90 RNG/90 BRD/90 WAR
Server: Bismark
Ukonvasara "90": O
Methionine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 06:07 AM   #7
weap0nXll

weap0nXll's Gamercard
Quote:

the campaign's definitely lacking, it seems like they just didn't spend enough time on this game. the only reason i'll play through again is to pick up some leftover achievements
weap0nXll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 04:57 AM   #8
Supernaut3

Supernaut3's Gamercard
Quote:

Actually... just started the game, using JUST a Pistol and I just killed 2 Guys with 1 Round through both heads with a PISTOL. And same mission, same gun, actually same exact spot... fired and killed a man standing on the otherside of a thin metal sheet.

Soooo... I don't really understand what your issues is, but works fine for me.
Supernaut3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 04:58 PM   #9
i NatrlKilla i

Killa x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Bronze   x360a Representer   1,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MC B0B x360a View Post
I didn't want to make a new thread, but does anybody know if the devs of this game have a twitter page? I know the game itself has a twitter page, but the updates arent that great. Is there a Vahn/JD/402, like there is for COD games. I figured it would help to cut down the bitching if we got updates from the devs or community managers. Thanks
http://twitter.com/#!/DannyBilson
Edit: A couple more:
http://twitter.com/#!/KAOS_CHEFS
http://twitter.com/#!/HomefrontGame

Black Ops Multiplayer Updates Here

Last edited by i NatrlKilla i; 03-16-2011 at 06:38 PM.
i NatrlKilla i is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 05:26 PM   #10
Lord Yamikage

lord yamikage's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Damn online achievements!!!! Why can't they be more like Halo - skill based or team based!!!

Okay, I'm done.

The Forums Rules
[Read the Rules before posting!!]
[LINK]

Infraction!! Read it!!
[Read the Infraction "list" for obvious reason!![LINK]

Don't like the rules? Go report it to Admin.

Lord Yamikage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 05:27 PM   #11
rockhopper

Doomed Smurf's Gamercard
I hate how slow your character moves! GOD, it feels like you're trying to run through water.

PS3 ID:
rockhopper78

Retail (original 1000) & more:
Arcade (original 200) & more: 44
rockhopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 05:25 PM   #12
Spanish Assault

Send a message via Skype™ to Spanish Assault

Spanish Assault's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Platinum   Micro Guide - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   10,000 posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
my bitch is all the bitching going on in here....the game just came out...give it a month.

Michigan Members Unite!
Spanish Assault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 12:01 AM   #13
sir_taugs

The Taugs's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmona25 View Post
my bitch is all the bitching going on in here....the game just came out...give it a month.

I totally agree. I'll bitch about people bitching about nothing. Give it some time the bugs will be worked out. Blops still hasn't been fixed and its been out a long time. And there is least a monthly update so yeah. Quit ya Bitchin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by deceiver213 View Post
the more i play the more i hate it

Then why do you keep playing?

Last edited by CovertDog; 03-17-2011 at 02:06 AM.
sir_taugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 01:47 AM   #14
Gackt
Banned User

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Gackt   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Gold   SOTF Winner   GSL 8 Winners   The Helping Hand   Bright Idea   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze   Artist of the Month
Total Awards: 15 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmona25 View Post
Give it a month? Fuck that... games should be good to go when they launch, not "hey..heres shitty buggy game where half the features don't work but you can pass the time playing our 3 hour campaign until we fix it"
Game actually gets worse the more you play it..start noticing even more problems.

-To few weapons in MP
-3 hour campaign
-Poor graphics
-Server issues/forced to play player hosted rooms
-Slow,sluggish controls
-2 gametypes..
just to name a few things..

Last edited by Gackt; 03-17-2011 at 01:50 AM.
Gackt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 02:20 AM   #15
Spyforhire

spyforhire's Gamercard
I would compare this game to Rogue Warrior, in that respect, this game kicks ass! My complaint, besides always having glue on my shoes... why do I always get shot behind cover? I first through maybe my head is sticking out. So I ducked. That did no good, so I went prone. This seems to work sometimes. I am always finding myself getting shot when someone is on the other side of a building or a wall. This drives me nuts.
Old 03-17-2011, 02:23 AM   #16
DENAz666

denaz666's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Silver   Donator - Level 1   1,000 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Such a joke, they hyped this game this game up so much too

Aussie Xbox Ambassador & Community Xpert
DENAz666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 02:23 AM   #17
ShaolinShadow
Banned User

GqxShadow's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyforhire View Post
I would compare this game to Rogue Warrior, in that respect, this game kicks ass! My complaint, besides always having glue on my shoes... why do I always get shot behind cover? I first through maybe my head is sticking out. So I ducked. That did no good, so I went prone. This seems to work sometimes. I am always finding myself getting shot when someone is on the other side of a building or a wall. This drives me nuts.
having glue on my shoes this is probably the best way to describe the movement, its ridiculously slow
ShaolinShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 02:55 AM   #18
DENAz666

denaz666's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Silver   Donator - Level 1   1,000 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Quote:
having glue on my shoes this is probably the best way to describe the movement, its ridiculously slow

lol I actually started laughing when I first did the gimp sprint :P Seriously looks so stupid

Aussie Xbox Ambassador & Community Xpert
DENAz666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 09:14 AM   #19
Suki

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
This is how all fps used to be ever played GRAW 1 & 2?, COD changed all that when they gave u a guy that could litterlly tear around at 15mph constantly with a gun and backpack which is just like real life right? so u wanna blame somebody blame COD.
Old 03-17-2011, 01:09 PM   #20
MC B0B x360a

MC B0B x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase x360a Representer   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   2,500 Posts   Donator - Level 2   Word of Mouth   A+ Thread Award
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gackt View Post
Give it a month? Fuck that... games should be good to go when they launch,

Have you played any FPS's lately? I am not saying its right, but nearly all FPS's are filled with glitchy bullshit when they first come out.

Old 03-17-2011, 01:22 PM   #21
Justin11

Mieuxx's Gamercard
all the hype yet another let down, god thq make some terri games, i havent been this bored or glitched out since king kong the game
Rugby League Live Review: http://www.cybergamer.com.au/forums/...e-Live-Review/

Justin11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 01:27 PM   #22
MC B0B x360a

MC B0B x360a's Gamercard

I am going to put this game down for at least a few days. The 3 games I have played in have been really fun, but its too hard to find a match. If i keep trying I will get pissed at the game, even though I think it has a ton of potential.

Old 03-17-2011, 04:31 PM   #23
Gackt
Banned User

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Gackt   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Gold   SOTF Winner   GSL 8 Winners   The Helping Hand   Bright Idea   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze   Artist of the Month
Quote:
Have you played any FPS's lately? I am not saying its right, but nearly all FPS's are filled with glitchy bullshit when they first come out.
Games didn't used to be that way and I still think there is no excuse for it. Lazy developers. Game is so bad THQ's stock dropped lol. I would not be suprised is this is the last time THQ works with KAOS studios
Old 03-17-2011, 04:34 PM   #24
MC B0B x360a

MC B0B x360a's Gamercard

Quote:
Games didn't used to be that way and I still think there is no excuse for it. Lazy developers. Game is so bad THQ's stock dropped lol. I would not be suprised is this is the last time THQ works with KAOS studios
I agree, they never were like that. It just seems like its the standard nowadays, and I think it has alot to do with the pressure of deadlines. Most games, even non-blockbusters, seem like they are rushed today.

Old 03-17-2011, 04:52 PM   #25
13ip0lar

Zweipolig's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Quote:
Agreed, I thought that dude was level headed, but he has been posting how much he hates this game passively throughout the sub-forum. Everyone is entitled to an opinion and I think we get yours...do you really need to keep posting it though?

That's my related bitching, people that feel the need to keep trolling this particular sub-forum and keep posting about how terrible the game is. If it is so terrible play something else, we don't wanna hear about it... Cheers.

I hate people... But don't worry, if you are reading this it likely means I don't hate you. Why? People can't read.

13ip0lar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 04:54 PM   #26
Gackt
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13ip0lar View Post
If it is so terrible play something else, we don't wanna hear about it... Cheers.
It's a bitching thread...isn't that what it's here for?
Old 04-06-2011, 01:18 PM   #27
Elctrchead

Elctrchead's Gamercard
Quote:
Give it a month? Fuck that... games should be good to go when they launch, not "hey..heres shitty buggy game where half the features don't work but you can pass the time playing our 3 hour campaign until we fix it"
Game actually gets worse the more you play it..start noticing even more problems.

-To few weapons in MP
-3 hour campaign
-Poor graphics
-Server issues/forced to play player hosted rooms
-Slow,sluggish controls
-2 gametypes..
just to name a few things..
Amen to that, brother. Devs are all about releasing half ready crap and then fixing it later, if they bother fixing it at all. At least they don't release a game and then release DLC like 2 days later expecting me to buy something that could have already been in the game... oh wait...
Old 04-07-2011, 06:59 AM   #28
fastNcurious

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
I love this game, but I wish they would really increase the server capacity. I played for around 3 hours today and only completed two whole games. I quit out of all the rest because of lag. I don't care what your morals/ethics are regarding quitting, I am totally ok with it; I refuse to play laggy games because what's the point if you're going to die all the time anyways.

For example, once I was getting shot at (I heard hit markers on me) BEFORE the guy came around the corner, and when he turned the corner and I pulled the trigger, I just dropped dead.

Just right now, I saw an enemy go prone behind a wall, with the tip of his gun stuck out a bit. So I sneak up to where he is, turn the corner and knife him. I instantly dropped dead. According to the feed, it said he shot me with an assault rifle. He was prone so it couldn't have been a headshot. And I only came into his sights when I turned the corner so at most he could've unloaded a couple of bullets. And regardless, knifing always wins. I know because I keep getting killed by people rushing me while I'm unloading bullets into their face.

Luckily there's no ban for quitting, like in Halo Reach. I probably would've been banned for a month.
fastNcurious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 12:29 AM   #29
Stickman400

3 things really stand out in this game after all the play time I have.

1. Absolutely NO spawn protection for either team, so you can get spawn raped when the enemy team decides to spawn 3 tanks and stand in your spawn and shoot you as you pop up on their screen, straight outta BC2. Seriously, WTF where the developers thinking when they decided to make it so the enemy could just drive or run right into your base and shoot you as you spawn.

2. People that are low rank need thrown into rooms with other low ranks, and this should follow suit with all the ranks. I've been in multiple rooms where I had nothing but rank 9s or below on my team and the enemy team had 60s or above. It was about the gayest room I've ever been in.

3. Unbalanced guns. If you're using an AR that's 1 shot or 3 shot burst and you start shooting at the enemy first and you sink every shot, you should win. Not get hitmarkers until they spin around and return fire, just to get killed before you kill them somehow.

Last edited by Stickman400; 04-10-2011 at 05:00 AM.
Stickman400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 09:31 PM   #30
TrevorDaddy

TrevorDaddy's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elctrchead View Post
Amen to that, brother. Devs are all about releasing half ready crap and then fixing it later, if they bother fixing it at all. At least they don't release a game and then release DLC like 2 days later expecting me to buy something that could have already been in the game... oh wait...

That's what used to be great about console games. It was so expensive to release a game and find out it was seriously buggy and needed to be fixed, that you had to make sure it was ready to release when you released it...not "close enough" that you could fix it later with patches.

Now though, consoles are just like PC games, and sometimes you get screwed by greedy publishers and lazy devs.
TrevorDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote