Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Racing > F1 2010
Subscribe    Donate

Old 03-25-2011, 12:22 PM   #1
pined5551

Traveller Nick's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Official 2011 Season Discussion - Everything!

Thought it would be a nice idea to have a place to discuss everything about the new season. If you have a question about a new regulation, a technical queery about a car, info on drivers performance, team relations etc. It's all here.

Having just watched Practice sessions 1 & 2 from Melbourne, the clearest suprise is McLaren. Having totally redesigned their car AFTER the last winter test, they seem to have found some real pace this morning. This annoys me (being a Webber fan) haha.

Seems the same teams as last year may well be contending for the title. Even with Vettle and Webber taking the top spots in P1, i know for a fact that Red Bull are yet to show their true pace, as is Alonso (not so much Massa, sadly he spent a large portion of this morning locking up his breaks and heading into the gravel - as many did to be fair). Looking forward to seeing P3 and Qualifying tomorrow that's for sure.

Anyone else stay up to watch it?
pined5551 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 11:11 PM   #2
jd070993

Jack DC 93's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
After seeing some of your posts on here, I must say, you are a real F1 enthusiast

OT: I am also surprised at McLaren's sudden surge of pace. I am happy with this, however, as it makes the championship outlook seem more open. From all the pre-season testing, it looked like it would only be 2 teams in contention.

And hopefully, I'll be up at 7am Sunday morning to watch the lights go out for the first race of 2011

YouTube Twitter Blog

Something will go here when I think of something.
jd070993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 11:31 PM   #3
lorrimor

lorrimor's Gamercard
It will be interesting to see how many teams fall foul of the 107% qualifying rule

I think that only 21 cars will make it to the grid for the race the two Hispanias and one of the Virgins will not make the cut.
lorrimor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 06:56 AM   #4
daenius

Daenius's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Submit - Bronze   x360a Book Club
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Watching Q3 atm, Vettel seems to be in another dimension at the moment, those are some unbelievable times he is putting up.

x360a F1 2011 World Championship - McLaren Driver #1

daenius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 08:20 AM   #5
pined5551

Traveller Nick's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by daenius View Post
Watching Q3 atm, Vettel seems to be in another dimension at the moment, those are some unbelievable times he is putting up.
Current Facebook status: "Getting raped by Sebastian Vettel really hurts!"

You are correct, the gap to Vettel is simply terrifying if you ask me. Shame about Barichello and Heidfeld. I had them for Q3 in place of Kobayashi (AMAZING) and Buemi (again, respect to him)! Petrov also suprised, he took Schumachers Q3 spot from my predictions. Although a little off with Hamilton. Mercedes seemed to loose pace today. I really hope Vettel just doesn't run away with this year. Especially with Alonso's car being slower than expected - Not that i'd like to see him win, but it would make it more interesting.

Not sure how much of an impression Webber will be able to make on Vettel throughout the season. Likewise Hamilton has a lot to do to chase him down. The fights from 4th-10th may become more entertaining than 1st-3rd this year, who knows. Will have to wait for the race. Hoping Vettle has a bad start and Hamilton tries to shove him off track at turn 1, screwing them both over, allowing Webber to sail thought haha. Got 5 on Mark to win (would only pay out 25 though) my mates have 10 down on Button at 10/1. I really don't want to see each of them win and me not hahaha lol.
pined5551 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 09:59 AM   #6
lorrimor

lorrimor's Gamercard
must admit I didn't expect Vettel to be that dominant, its going to be hard for anyone to catch him if he manages his tires properly.

I think that the cars on the even side of the grid to struggle to get of the line as its still very dirty so Alonso should get the jump on Button and if Webber has managed to improve his starts from last year he may get Hamilton.
lorrimor is offline   Reply With Quote