Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Homefront
Subscribe    Donate

Old 04-03-2011, 12:04 AM   #1
DOOOOM

UnLeAsH DoOoOm's Gamercard
Is Homefront worth getting

I have been looking into this game for a while but not sure whether to get it or not any thought ?
DOOOOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 12:11 AM   #2
binda11

KILLER BIN's Gamercard
Seriously you should get it now while theres lots of people playing it online. The campaign is short and sweet or not so sweet to some people. The multiplayer is different for sure and worth a blast. Allso the trade in price will still be about £30 until may.
binda11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 12:29 AM   #3
DOOOOM

UnLeAsH DoOoOm's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by binda11 View Post
Seriously you should get it now while theres lots of people playing it online. The campaign is short and sweet or not so sweet to some people. The multiplayer is different for sure and worth a blast. Allso the trade in price will still be about £30 until may.
Ok thanks i will look into that
DOOOOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 08:14 AM   #4
Vanilla Coke Zero
Banned User

canzz's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by binda11 View Post
very different? it's a CoD/BF clone. trade in price? those should be considered curse words. TS, just save your money and get the latest CoD when it comes out.
Vanilla Coke Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 08:18 AM   #5
Kayin

Kayin Amoh's Gamercard
Or you could buy this and forget the next CoD! Everyone wins!

Basically, great multiplayer and a decent but brief singleplayer campaign. It's not the best game ever, but I generally despise playing FPS titles online. This one's pretty decent.
Old 04-04-2011, 02:20 PM   #6
Eazynem Makaveli

Here is an Update..

i got rid of Homefront and sold it to another Games store and i'm now happy. i don't like the short campaign and the online. i played the weak online for a while and i got sick of it. The bad game made me realized i should rent out any future new military games except successful Call of Duty Modern Warfare games.

Last edited by Eazynem Makaveli; 04-04-2011 at 02:23 PM.
Eazynem Makaveli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 02:25 PM   #7
SneakyofSneaks

Sneakyofsneaks's Gamercard
It's a good game, so much better than COD could ever be, yeah story is short in SP but MP is great and dedicated servers are so much better than P2P.
SneakyofSneaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 02:18 AM   #8
AoA Requiem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eazynem Makaveli View Post
The bad game made me realized i should rent out any future new military games except successful Call of Duty Modern Warfare games.
Old 02-16-2013, 04:15 PM   #9
DecadentBeaver

DecadentBeaver's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Got this today for £5 so I'll see what I think. Heard a lot of mixed opinions about this game. So for the price it's gonna be an achievement run more than anything.

Looking for people to join me in an epic Minecraft build once again. Its in creative, so if you are interested, message me for details.
DecadentBeaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 02:47 AM   #10
bushmaster2000

Meh.... The campaign is very quick, like 5 hours per playthru and i went through it 3 times doing all the campaign cheevs. So if you want something more than playing the same 5 hours three times, then no not worth getting.

Multiplayer was broken for two weeks post-launch, you couldn't connect and couldn't play with friends. Two weeks later the servers actually work but all my friends have moved on so it doesn't matter that the servers have been fixed to me, i can still only game with randoms.

There's only a few maps and it seems like every day the system picks the two maps of the day and that's all you play again and again. WHich is good if you want to get to know the maps but it gets old fast.

On the plus side, 32 player matches run smooth and lag free.
bushmaster2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 11:49 AM   #11
SubG3nius

SubG3nius's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Yeah the multiplayer is really great when it works and you get in a online game, the singleplayer is short but lots of action and still pretty decent if they fix the bugs and glitches it suffers from.
Old 04-03-2011, 04:03 PM   #12
13ip0lar

Zweipolig's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
No...I would recommend it, but you wouldn't be missing anything. So it's really not worth your time. Not to mention they haven't smoothed over their multiplayer issues in a months time, and skirmish (p2p) gameplay is p2p at it's worst. It's unplayable basically, I would avoid it. You should be having fun in your free time, and doing something you won't have second thoughts about putting hours into. Just my opinion...

Again, not great, not terrible, but definitely not worth your time.

I hate people... But don't worry, if you are reading this it likely means I don't hate you. Why? People can't read.

13ip0lar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 04:05 PM   #13
Eazynem Makaveli

Not worth getting. i've just finished the campaign in a day and i played the online for a while and well i don't like it also i don't like the online achievements. Now the shitty game is going back to Gamestop and i'm trying to see if i can get some money back.
Eazynem Makaveli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 06:26 PM   #14
Spanish Assault

Send a message via Skype™ to Spanish Assault

Spanish Assault's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Gold   Micro Guide - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   10,000 posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
If you like Bad Company 2 then you might like this game. You need to be tactical, cause if you want to run around a gun like COD then you wont have fun.

Battle Commander + Battle Tank = so much fun!!

"It is done then. Your schemes, like you, are put to rest." - Altaļr Ibn La-Ahad
Spanish Assault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 08:51 PM   #15
redassassin12

redassassin12's Gamercard
its a rent i personally think, short but fun campaign and some entertaining multiplayer, still, dont invest $60 or whatever dollars into it. rent it
redassassin12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 11:46 PM   #16
Foxxy kyle

Foxxy Kyle's Gamercard

Awards Showcase You ARE the Controller Challenge Club - Tier 1   Road Map - Platinum   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Silver   XBA Promoter   2,500 Posts   Achievement Guide - Gold   Over Achiever - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   A+ Thread Award   Bright Idea
Total Awards: 12 (more» ...)
I freaking love these missions!
Old 04-16-2011, 10:57 PM   #17
DrizzlyKOREY420

DrizzlyKOREY420's Gamercard
borrow it like i did if you can then all you gotta do is pay ten bucks and boom youll have fun but if you buy it you might look in the mirror say your worthless and stick your finger down your throat.
DrizzlyKOREY420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 04:39 PM   #18
SLEEPYvsPSYCHO

WCC SLEEPY's Gamercard
A big NO! dont get it! its garbage!
SLEEPYvsPSYCHO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 12:15 AM   #19
Starwind

DannyJ147's Gamercard
I'm thinking of getting this game again as I got rid of it a week after the MP broke not long after launch(was a shame as I really enjoyed the MP), so is the online MP playable now? And would it be worth my time picking it up again? Basically will I be able to get the 1000GS?
Starwind is offline   Reply With Quote