PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Call of Duty 2
Subscribe    Donate

Old 04-02-2006, 07:06 AM   #1
kormac

kormac's Gamercard
Top Ten Hardest Parts on Veteran

howd'y, Just thought i'd put up my Top Ten Hardest Parts on Veteran.

1. Final charge by the Germans across the square in the Russian campaign (did the first wave and nearly completed the second wave before chickening out and hiding in the staircase on the right side and blasting anyone who came in)

2. Ambush on British convoy (i was hopeless here, so i went prone between truck and barrels up front, then threw smoke to cover my escape through the gate)

3. Truck escape in Matumala, when you reverse and have a bunch of rpg soliders aiming at you from ground and roof (i was trying so hard here to mow down the men on the ground i didn't see the guy on the roof. would be handy for the allies to actually tell you he's on the roof instead of dead ahead!)

4. Shooting down planes (got grenaded so many times it made me panic and miss when i managed to survive the initial attack)

5. Figuring out how to get across the field on top of the cliff in D-Day. (i did as others suggested. smoke the craters and run across one by one. and a lot of prone and prayin')

6. Silo Building F (German Headquarters) Not only cause it's hardish, but because the enemies in this area keep respawning from different buildings. Ugly!

7. Mortar teams on Hill 400 (at first it was butchery, but once i realised the pattern of sneaking around the perimeter using the shelters for cover and getting into a rythmn, i was quickly on top of the situation. if i didn't figure this out, i would have continued to try and cut across the field thereby getting mowed down all the time!)

8. The final, final part when you destroy the two tiger tanks in the square, after taking all the flak guns. Everytime i return to fight the enemies i end up dead from a sneaky flank attack or a hail of grenades. (Odd i know!) i have other parts i thought were hard, but i can't think right now what really pissed me off so bad.

i'd like to see what other people have for their list. it's funny how one area is easier for one person but a hellhole for another. obviously it's a style thing, (some are natural snipers, others are better at run and gunning etc.) and also a checkpoint thing as there have been one or two bad checkpoints which can screw things up big time.

one thing i tried to avoid this, is turn the xbox off without saving and quitting. i got out of the silo sniping part when i got a checkpoint when a mortar was already about to hit me. i was really pissed off as you can imagine but when i turned the console off then back on, my last checkpoint was on the ground before you get up the silo. so WHEW! great game, with some problem areas of course, but still nowhere as unfair as Halo 2 ledgendary. that was bad programming on that one!

Last edited by BucklingLeader; 04-03-2006 at 06:14 AM.
kormac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 07:42 AM   #2
Yankeez

Send a message via AIM to Yankeez

Skankeez's Gamercard
cliff notes???

use paragraphs my friend
Yankeez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 09:34 AM   #3
kormac

kormac's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankeez
cliff notes???

use paragraphs my friend
yeah i know. i've noticed that all my posts are mushed together despite hitting the return key. and i can't do indentations for some reason.
kormac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 06:15 AM   #4
BucklingLeader

Send a message via ICQ to BucklingLeader Send a message via AIM to BucklingLeader Send a message via MSN to BucklingLeader Send a message via Yahoo to BucklingLeader

Buckling's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kormac
yeah i know. i've noticed that all my posts are mushed together despite hitting the return key. and i can't do indentations for some reason.
fixed it for ya
BucklingLeader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 04:30 AM   #5
S1r DoOsHbAg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankeez
cliff notes???

use paragraphs my friend
For someone who can't write a sentence correctly, I don't see you as having much room to talk.
S1r DoOsHbAg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2006, 11:18 PM   #6
Webb
Ninja Editor

Webb x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase x360a Representer   Referrals - Gold   PAX Meet 2010   x360a Book Club   A+ Thread Award   Achievement Guide - Silver   Staff - Administrator   10,000 posts   Submit - Gold   Bright Idea   Gears of War Tournament Final Four   NBA Live 1000 People Online Supporter
Total Awards: 15 (more» ...)
Quote:
5. Figuring out how to get across the field on top of the cliff in D-Day. (i did as others suggested. smoke the craters and run across one by one. and a lot of prone and prayin')

6. Silo Building F (German Headquarters) Not only cause it's hardish, but because the enemies in this area keep respawning from different buildings. Ugly!
Agreed

Quote:
2. Ambush on British convoy (i was hopeless here, so i went prone between truck and barrels up front, then threw smoke to cover my escape through the gate)
Also agreed

I also found when you got to the top floor in the repairing the line level tough, kept getting nailed from all angles. Finally did it. Phew

Marge: Have you noticed any change in Bart
Homer: New glasses?
Marge: Noooo... He looks like something maybe disturbing him
Homer: Probably misses his old glasses
Marge: We could get more involved in Bart's activities, but then I'd be afraid of smothering him
Homer: Yeah, and then we'd get the chair.
Marge: That's not what I meant!
Homer: It was Marge, admit it.
Webb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 11:05 PM   #7
DELTA FOX

iNFuSioN X's Gamercard
I think all those parts were quite hard but I think that securing the German headquaters on The Battle For Caen was by far the hardest part, I spent about 2 hours on it.

DELTA FOX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 11:07 PM   #8
Webb
Ninja Editor

Webb x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase x360a Representer   Referrals - Gold   PAX Meet 2010   x360a Book Club   A+ Thread Award   Achievement Guide - Silver   Staff - Administrator   10,000 posts   Submit - Gold   Bright Idea   Gears of War Tournament Final Four   NBA Live 1000 People Online Supporter
Total Awards: 15 (more» ...)
Oh yeah, if your talking about the one in the country where you have to repel the forces then run and take out the tank, i'd have to agree!

Marge: Have you noticed any change in Bart
Homer: New glasses?
Marge: Noooo... He looks like something maybe disturbing him
Homer: Probably misses his old glasses
Marge: We could get more involved in Bart's activities, but then I'd be afraid of smothering him
Homer: Yeah, and then we'd get the chair.
Marge: That's not what I meant!
Homer: It was Marge, admit it.
Webb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 08:50 PM   #9
Retsep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DELTA FOX
I think all those parts were quite hard but I think that securing the German headquaters on The Battle For Caen was by far the hardest part, I spent about 2 hours on it.
Definitely this was the most difficult part of the game. If anyone is stuck here make sure you take the small house to the left before trying for the HQ (there is a checkpoint in there). Even still this was a tough one.
Retsep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 07:46 PM   #10
Blitzkrieg

Blitzkrieg45's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by DELTA FOX
Same here...but by FAR the hardest is the Dd-Day mission where you get on the silo & snipe the morter teams...took me about 6 hours just to do it
Blitzkrieg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 07:56 AM   #11
AntoMUFC

Send a message via MSN to AntoMUFC

antomufc's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by DELTA FOX View Post
took me about 1hr 15m to do this bloody part!!!

i'm pretty damn sure enemies kept respawning and charging out the front of the house :P
AntoMUFC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 04:31 AM   #12
antnie

FTF GNASHER's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Road Map - Bronze   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
the hardest part of the gme for me is the checkpoints. They sometimes never happen or they happen 2 seconds before you
die.
antnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006, 04:18 AM   #13
Bugalugs213

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaWebbmeister
Agreed

Also agreed

I also found when you got to the top floor in the repairing the line level tough, kept getting nailed from all angles. Finally did it. Phew
I'm with you on that one.Was a good feeling when i pulled it off though.After 30 odd deaths.
Bugalugs213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 12:35 AM   #14
Bludy ASSASSIN

BLUDY ASSASSIN's Gamercard
none of cod2 was really hard use plenty of cover and dont go rushing in all the time if u play G.R.A.W then it seems easier but if u play halo2 then u'll die alot
Bludy ASSASSIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 10:42 PM   #15
FlyingAE86

SUMO SNIPER's Gamercard
Taking the German HQ in Caen
D-Day running across the one field in the first mission
Last mission of D-Day
Matada Ambush
Russian Square where you have to blow up a tank
Repairing the wires in Russian mission
Last part of the last Russian Mission
FlyingAE86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 04:46 AM   #16
Defcizion

DeFCiZiOn's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Referrals - Bronze   Submit - Bronze
I found all of the Russian parts fairly easy, I was stuck on the British Ambush, and the part where you have to shoot down the planes, if you can tell me any cheats? or walkthroughs to get through this it'd be much appreciated.
Old 01-04-2007, 12:01 AM   #17
Rebel_INS

Sense101's Gamercard
Some of these parts are extremely hard its like insane lol
Rebel_INS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 06:19 PM   #18
DanJayDennis

ahh

i think instead of vetren they should call it stupid for playing it mode, it's ridiculous at some points, no skill just luck required kinda lame, the difficulty was not well thought out
DanJayDennis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 03:02 PM   #19
KindCandy

Send a message via Yahoo to KindCandy

KindCandy's Gamercard
i got 1000/1000
KindCandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 02:06 AM   #20
fatso1311

unforgiven91's Gamercard
I would say on the silo mission, the hardest part is taking any of the buildings past the first one. It was nearly impossible took me a weekend to get lucky enough to get through.

Another hard one was the actual Silo sniping, it was hard to pick off those mortars quickly enough.

Finally, I must say the HQ attack is hard, but not impossible, gonna try it tomorrow

luckily I beat COD 3 on veteran earlier, so this doesnt frustrate me nearly as badly
Fallout 3
Borderlands

Now Playing

Modern Warfare 2
L4d2
Force Unleashed
fatso1311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 10:15 AM   #21
Spades12321

Awards Showcase Submit - Silver
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I dont know about the top ten hardest the whole game was hard on veteran mode, but the one that stands out for me is the last chapter on D-Day.
Spades12321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 11:05 PM   #22
Tyrant100

Tyrant100's Gamercard
I've arrived at the last British Mission in the village.. Till now not many hard parts, execpt the ambush in Matmata! Damn, first part with the ambush was hard to escape, and the last part with the AA gun was frustating because there were some Jerry shooting from the walls.

I guess the American missions are the hardest lol. Are they any hard parts in the last Brithish mission?
Old 02-02-2008, 07:00 AM   #23
xXmaildudeXx

Send a message via Skype™ to xXmaildudeXx

xXmaildudeXx's Gamercard
I am trying to get thru this game on vet. and because im only and average shooter im struggling a bit. the hardest parts ive found so far ir the last couple of objectives on the last Russian mission. the british ambush lvl. The first part of d-day. AND SHILO! its so hard! ive been playing it for so long and i find it hard to even get past A! =]
xXmaildudeXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 04:36 AM   #24
CORPSE CRISIS

Location: Calgary,Alberta in the free country CANADA were else??
Send a message via MSN to CORPSE CRISIS

Red Leaf Beast's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth   1,000 Posts
a shot in the dark i think it was called
Old 07-19-2008, 07:19 PM   #25
H33T SK33T
Banned User

Send a message via AIM to H33T SK33T

H33T Sk33T's Gamercard
Ugh I hate capturing the German HQ. I'm still stuck on it on Veteran.
Die Nazis!!
H33T SK33T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 06:09 AM   #26
afunk117

the Silo probably fills it with me
afunk117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 05:19 PM   #27
W00tbeer1

W00tbeer1's Gamercard
I would say one of the hardest parts was defeating that Tiger tank in the Russian mission that goes around in the rectangle and you have to plant the explosives on it while it is moving.

Pain...

Completed:
Call of Duty: World at War
Call of Duty: 2
Kung Fu Panda
King Kong

W00tbeer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 11:28 PM   #28
ShadyChicano

Send a message via AIM to ShadyChicano

Shadychicano's Gamercard
Game becomes addicting after a while
Old 02-06-2010, 07:53 PM   #29
Vlekkie

Vlekkie Lucky's Gamercard
Veterans sucks it took me six weeks to complete only the first level
Vlekkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 11:12 AM   #30
N00delsuppe

Antr0p0phagus's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
There were some really tough parts, but not 10 of them.
I'd say:
1. Taking out that tank on a squre in the russian mission. Because I only had one smoke grenade left and the tank always moves away, if you move up to it. Managed it by running into the middle after killing the Krauts and going prone. Then I just ran up to it and planted the explosives (make sure you back up quickly, so it won't run you over!), that eventually worked.

2. In "Fortress Stalingrad", where you have to survive the incomming waves of Nazis. Got me really frustrated, until I just went prone in a hallway and didn't bother with sniping, or destroying the halftrack, but instead just killed all Krauts, that entered the building. Made it a whole lot easier.

3. Obviousely the German HQ in "The Tiger". Until I read in a thread, that there is a checkpoint in the house on the left,that part just pissed me off. After using that checkpoint I had no further problems.

4. Finding the next checkpoint in "The Battle of Pointe du Hoc" (first part of D-Day, at the top of the cliffs). That took me about 30 mins to figure out, as I at first always went in the wrong direction.

5. "The Silo". That mission is a real bitch. I had no problems with the sniping part, but getting there was a real pain! That was the only mission I had to put the game on "hardened", instead of "veteran" and go back to it, after completing the game an netting all the other achievements. Finally made it though. If the teampartners weren't such absolutely useless sons of b***es from time to time, that wouldn't even be that hard. It's just that Krauts swarm at you from multiple directions and shoot you in the back, because you AI partners decide to not shoot at them...

6. Taking the fourth bunker in "Hill 400". I had way more trouble with getting to that bunker, than with defending the hill and sniping the mortars... But compared to "The Silo" the whole game was a walk in the park

But I got my 1000's today, after 4 days of fun and frustration! A really good feeling to have that one completed!
I think I will just play through it again now, but on easy or medium. Just to see how easy it will be
Killing thousands of Nazi bastards more!

N00delsuppe is offline   Reply With Quote