|05-01-2011, 12:09 AM||#1|
Mark of the Gods guide
In order of earliest acquisition. Maps in the last post. Searching (ctrl+f) by the map name will bring you to the text sections, and then the map. This guide is to not be posted anywhere but x360a.org without my permission.
Origin: The Story Begins 2/2
1. Right after you start the game, in plain sight.
2. Right after Mark 1, there will be some ladders, after going down the first, run and jump and grab on to the one going up. It's at the top.
Origin: Rites of Passage 2/2
3. After you get slide, take the route down to the bottom of the map. It's in the only large room there, guarded by spiders.
4. After you get slide, head to the end of the level and take the slide rout back to the area you were in before you got slide. Backtrack up the ladder to the area with the crawlers. You need to slide in to the room to your right.
Origin: Crossroads of the World 0/3
Nothing yet. Many abilities are needed.
Jungle: Jungle Lowlands 1/1
5. There will be an elevator to your left as you dodge blue alignment shots among 3 small islands to the right. You should be able to see the Mark at this point. Take the elevator up and go to the right, drop down and pick it up. You can climb back up if you jump to the right.
Jungle: Cursed Forest 2/2
6. After getting light alignment, you can use the light platforms that were in the beginning of the area. Backtrack back there by grabbing the ledge above the checkpoint. Head right and above the spike pit with the dark bullets are platforms. Take those up, and jump across the land bridges, zig-zaging up the the right. Mark is at the end.
7. After getting light alignment, backtrack back to the light platforms you need to progress. There will be a red beam shooting down impeding your path. After you get through it, drop down the hole immediately after it. There will be two dark spiders and a path to the left. Go down the left path and through the dark laser field, and it should be on the right by a spider. On the map, it should in the room adjacent to the room with the switch you hit to get in to the light alignment room.
Jungle: Jungle Highlands 0/2
Nothing yet. We need stomp for the next one.
Jungle: Above the Canopy. 1/2
8. Right after the teleporter there will be blue platforms above spikes. On the 3rd blue platform, immediately jump off and wall jump up the two chunks of land. Climb up and make your way to the left: it'll be on a smaller platform just beyond the left wall you were wall kicking up.
Jungle: Jungle Highlands 0/2
Nothing yet. We still need stomp for the next one. Teleport makes it easier to backtrack after Underworld areas.
Origin: Crossroads of the World 1/3
9. Take the bottom path near the teleporter (as if you're going to the Jungle or Underworld) and stomp the shoddy area below you. It's all the way to the right.
Underworld: The World Beneath 1/2
10. Near the checkpoint and teleporter, there's a lone flea on a land island. Wall jump up to the two chamber room above. The Mark is at the top.
Underworld: Lost Passageways 1/1
11. After going through the room with many dark lasers, jellyfish and fleas, there will be a checkpoint. After the checkpoint, wall jump to the small land island, and then up to the mark on your right.
Underworld: The World Beneath 1/2
None. Lauch pad is needed.
Underworld: Crypt of the Ancients 1/1
12. When the path first splits right near the jellyfish and red alignment bullets, continue to the right. It will be at the end of that path near spiders and alignment changing bullets.
Underworld: The Buried Empire 1/1
13. In the large room at the top of the map, just before the zone out to the next area, there's a large alignment bullet area you have to go through, switching alignments as you go. At the end, there's a yellow elevator. Fall down the left side of the elevator, and it's in a walled off area. You can't climb back up, so you will have to do the jumps again to go through the area.
Underworld: The Underground River 1/1
14. In the upper right of the map, there will be a small crawler and a large crawler just before a room full of alignment bullets. Wall jump above them, and it's to the right.
Underworld: City of the Dead 1/1
15. In the map there's a figure eight on the right side of the map. Bullets of both polarities flood the upper area, where the mark is. With some fancy alignment changing, you can get it unhurt, but otherwise just rush and get it.
Underworld: The Underground River 1/1
Already done here!
Boss: High Priestess
None! Backtrack time, now that we have the teleport skill.
Jungle: Above The Canopy 2/2
16. Take the teleporter, and head to your left. Drop down and head toward the lower zone exit. Right after the dark flowers, there should be a red alignment platform. Jump up it, and jump on the the light alignment platform. It should be at the end of the path (almost the center of the map).
This mark will unlock the ability to hold on to vertical walls longer, if you’ve collected every mark up until this point.
Last edited by Auburok; 05-02-2011 at 05:19 PM.
|05-01-2011, 12:10 AM||#2|
Jungle: Jungle Highlands 1/2
17. Teleport, and take the path right. Once you pass the checkpoint, drop down, and go left. Under the red alignment bullets, there's a stompable section. The mark is to the left when you drop down.
City: The City Walls 1/1
18. After the large light warrior and 3rd checkpoint, head to the right. There’s a gap in the wall you can slide in to. Just above, once you’re inside the hidden room, is mark number 18.
City: The Marketplace 1/1
19. Just after you pass the mini gauntlet in the first structure, there will be a pair of breakable walls in front of you. Ignore them and go up. To the right, under a stompable area and near a coop challenge room, is the mark.
City: The Ministry 1/2
20. In the first room with alignment sensitive blocks, it’s in the upper left corner. Just switch alignments as you need to get up to it.
City: The Maze 1/1
21. It’s by the first checkpoint by the block puzzle. Wall jump up the shaft.
City: The Flower Gardens 1/1
22. Directly above the first checkpoint, where there’s light and dark alignment walls that you have to switch to continue up. Using those walls to wall jump up to the area above is where it’s hiding.
Jungle: Highlands 2/2
23. Take the teleport here, and open the door below using dark alignment. Go down and stop through the first floor. Keep making your way down until another stomp floor, and go through. Break the wall to the right, and charge through the wall after that. The mark is here. BONUS! Stomp the floor below and break the wall to find the secret Jungle area: On the Treetops.
City: The Forgotten Quarter 1/1
24. In the bottom left area of the map, just below the giant room, and beside a room with two entrances side by side and a bunch of elevator platforms. It’s just below a checkpoint in the bigger room. Wall jump up the shaft to grab it.
City: The Ministry 1/2
Need launch pad.
Boss: Mother of Eyes
Sky: The Ice Cave 0/1
Sky: The Proving Grounds 2/2
25. Right before the waterfall of light bullets on the lower half of the map, get on the upper platform. Wall jump up to the right and it should be at the top of an upside down “U” shape.
26. After the huge jump you have to make, the road splits between going down and a ladder. Go down, and head to the left, up the light platform elevator. The mark is on the left at the top.
Sky: Holy Mountain 0/1
Sky: The Haunted Hills 1/1
27. After getting launch, right above the checkpoint near it (far right of map), there is a launch pad to the right. Take it up, and the mark is on the right.
Sky: Holy Mountain 1/1
28. Backtrack to the beginning of the level. On the map, on the left side, there is a large open area with land islands. Wall jump off the bottom one to the launch pad and shoot up. Wall jump up the next one and head to the right to find the mark.
Origin: Crossroads of the World 3/3
29. Head to the right, near the Origin levels entrance. Near it, is a launch pad Shoot up past the next two, and make your way across to the right. On the right side, there’s a pit. Drop down, and it’s on the right.
30. From the teleporter, head right. Take the dark elevator and a launch pad is to your left. Jump and launch left. Then launch up three times to the mark on a small platform to your right.
Underworld: The World Beneath 2/2
31. From the teleporter, make your way to the large room with many land islands in the upper left of the map. After making it up, go through the tunnel until you hit the wall with the launch pad. Shoot up twice, and go down the ladder. It’s to the right.
Sky: The Ice Cave 1/1
32. From the teleporter, head left through the dual alignment beams. Wall jump up the shaft that had lasers going off until you turned them off last time you were here. At the top of the shaft near a light platform elevator is a launch pad. Shoot up twice, and head to the right. Shoot up again and it’s on the right.
This mark should unlock the treasure map, if you have collected them up to this point. This allows you to see money vases on the map. HA! Now I don’t have to write a guide for those!
City: The Ministry 2/2
33. I saved this one for last in our backtrack since it’s so “fun”. Teleport to Forgotten Quarter, and head down and to the right, then up the yellow elevator platform to The Ministry area. Backtrack to the area before the first block room, and head up to the checkpoint. By the checkpoint there’s a launch pad. Shoot up, then right. It’s sitting be the wall to the right. Figure out your own way home!
Sky: The Mist-Shrouded Forest 3/3
34. Just past the giant spider as you start the level, is a pit with spikes and a launch pad. The mark is on the right of that pit. Launch to it, wall jump back and launch out of the pit.
35. Right above where you started is an “L” shape. After the elevator where you have to wall kick to avoid light bullets, head to the left. Past the spikes that pop out, further to the left, is the mark on the “L” shaped chunk of land.
36. Toward the right side of the map, there’s a dark elevator (bullets of both alignments and a red large flyer are above it) that you need to stand on to go below. In that area (it’s near a checkpoint), there are two crawlers on a land island, and to the left of that a launch pad. Shoot yourself to the left, and land on the middle chunk of land where the mark is.
Sky: Dark Fortress 2/2
37. When you get to the room with launch pads and lasers-a-plenty, shoot right, then shoot up. You’ll enter a hidden room on the map, and to the right is number 37.
38. On the right side of the map, there’s a room that’s just beyond the switch you need to hit to open the door to continue above. Head in to this room. Take launch pads up, and wall kick off the right side to grab it.
Boss: The Winged Serpent
Eternity: At the Shores of Time 1/1
39. Just as you climb up from the start and see the first giant spider (near the two nail like structures on the top left side of the map), wall jump up. Jump across to the land island and over to the small enclosed room in the top of the map.
Eternity: Tower of Eternity 1/1
40. At the first checkpoint, wall jump off the wall above the door (it’ll be closed if this is your first time here). Use the launch pads to head to the left. Stomp through the ground and collect the mark in the middle of the room.
Eternity: Trail of Tears 1/1
41: From the teleporter, fall down the ledge on to the light platform and go right. Jump the first gap, and fall down the second. You should land square on the mark.
Last edited by Auburok; 05-01-2011 at 05:25 AM.
|05-01-2011, 12:10 AM||#3|
Eternity: The End of All Things 1/1
42. In the middle of the map, there’s an area with dark chain linked bullets and spikes that shoot up depending on your alignment. At the end of the section, there’s a launch pad that you can just barely jump in to from the mound to the right. Shoot up, and grab the ledge. Head left, and the mark is on top of the land island near two kamikazers.
This last mark unlocks the “Sword of the Gods”. All melee damage you do is now doubled. I bet you wish you had this at the beginning!
Origin: The Story Begins
Origin: Rites of Passage
Jungle: Jungle Lowlands
Jungle: The Cursed Forest
Jungle: Above the Canopy
Origin: Crossroads of the World
Underworld: The World Beneath
Underworld: Lost Passageways
Underworld: Crypt of the Ancients
Underworld: The Buried Empire
Underworld: The Underground River
Underworld: City of the Dead
Jungle: Jungle Highlands
City: The City Walls
City: The Marketplace
City: The Ministry
City: The Maze
City: The Flower Gardens
City: The Forgotten Quarter
Sky: Proving Grounds
Sky: The Haunted Hills
Sky: Holy Mountain
Sky: The Ice Cave
Sky: The Mist-Shrouded Forest
Sky: Dark Fortress
Eternity: At the Shores of Time
Eternity: Tower of Eternity
Eternity: Trail of Tears
Eternity: The End of All Things
Last edited by Auburok; 05-01-2011 at 08:46 AM.
|05-01-2011, 10:56 AM||#5|
Join Date: Feb 2007
Amazing job dude. I got all 42 masks thanks to this guide (number 37 was really crazy )
|05-02-2011, 05:12 PM||#9|
If you read the written guide, it describes exactly how the levels are structured as it goes in the order you can pass them through. The hard one to get back to I tell you exactly how to get there. I even mention what levels you pass through where you can't get any yet until the Eternity levels, and in that event you can use the order of the Eternity maps to determine where you are for that last specific group of levels. I mean, the game's not that big.
So, if I can't do this without redoing each map, how about I just tell you where to go instead?
|05-03-2011, 07:34 PM||#12|
Join Date: Apr 2010
I’m missing 4 marks, is there any way of knowing where they are? I’ve been to all the teleport levels and I have all the marks on those, so am I going to have to go through each stage and check at each area if I’m missing any?
Thanks a lot for the guide!
|05-03-2011, 08:38 PM||#13|
My bet? You have Marks missing in Underworld or Jungle, since there's many you have to back track after getting powers. City is the next culprit, but save that for last as it sucks to explore that place when you're not missing any there.
|05-04-2011, 10:25 PM||#15|
In the hub world "Crossroads of the World", you can head to the upper left, up the light alignment elevator. The zone entrance up there is to the other Origin levels. If you look at the map posted for Crossroads in this thread, it's the zone entrance directly to the left of the "player here" marker (and the only zone entrance on the map because I took the photo when you first make it there).
|05-05-2011, 11:40 AM||#16|
Join Date: Jan 2009
|05-05-2011, 11:55 AM||#17|
Join Date: Apr 2010