Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Prey
Subscribe    Donate

Old 05-03-2011, 03:53 PM   #1
xvx Foot xvx

xvx Foot xvx's Gamercard
Cherokee Difficulty open immediately

Hey All,

Just picked up Prey last night for some cheap fun/achievements (it was 3.99). I noticed when I popped the disc in that Cherokee difficulty is already unlocked (the game also had an update when I first put it in). I know others have had this happen too. Does anyone know if I play through this on Cherokee will the normal achievement unlock also? I checked one person's profile that asked the same thing and it looked like the achievements unlocked on different days, so I'm thinking no, but I was looking for confirmation. Push comes to shove if no one knows I'll test it myself.

-foot
Old 05-04-2011, 04:49 AM   #2
Joeplay201
Banned User

I don't know that's fucking weird. I just started Prey a few days ago but I could not play on Cherokee my first time. Funny, I come across this post as this is my last achievement in the game left to get. Either way I would believe it as there are quite a few strange glitches in Prey most of them however affect being able to finish a level.

I wouldn't worry if you can't play on it. Mainly, because the only REAL semi-challenge in the game is figuring out which way to go and puzzles some are straight forward others not so much. By the time you play a second time you can really breeze through the maps. I could still toggle the difficulty setting but after pressing a message would come up saying I had to play the game on normal first.

Ah anyhow good luck.

Last edited by Joeplay201; 05-04-2011 at 04:53 AM.
Joeplay201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 11:04 PM   #3
Jepockn

Jepockn's Gamercard
any update on this? I just got it for dirt cheap and was wondering the same thing.
Jepockn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 01:52 AM   #4
Tsaako

tsaako's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
As far as I know, you do have to complete 2 playthroughs. Not sure why you've got that difficulty unlocked already though.
Tsaako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 11:27 PM   #5
Silk 209

Silk 209's Gamercard
Just picked this up and The Cherokee difficulty was already unlocked too. Must have been in a update.

Scratch that. It's NOT unlocked.
Silk 209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 12:55 AM   #6
WoodsMonk

WoodsMonk's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silk 209 View Post
Just picked this up and The Cherokee difficulty was already unlocked too. Must have been in a update.

Scratch that. It's NOT unlocked.
Haha, I thought the same last week, It does look like it's unlocked but it's not!

WoodsMonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 11:25 AM   #7
DOPE BOI

D0pe B0I's Gamercard
Thank God for this thread.

I played and beat this game back when it first released but didn't do Cherokee. So I figured I would finish it off today but lost my original save file. It said resume, so I tried that but it just made me start on normal. I was about 5 levels in when I decided to check here. I seen this and saved my game ASAP and went to new game and there it was CHEROKEE.

I'm so glad because even though its been years I didn't want to have to play through this twice just to get it done making for a total of 3 times.
DOPE BOI is offline   Reply With Quote