PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password
 

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > L.A. Noire
Subscribe    Donate

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-17-2011, 06:24 PM   #1
13ip0lar
 
13ip0lar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 3,519

Zweipolig's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Official Bitching Thread

Post all your grievances here.
__________________


I hate people... But don't worry, if you are reading this it likely means I don't hate you. Why? People can't read.



Last edited by 13ip0lar; 05-17-2011 at 07:25 PM.
13ip0lar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 06:57 PM   #2
NyteShade
Banned User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13ip0lar View Post
Post all your grievances here.

I'll start by saying I'm pissed I can't even play. I read in another thread someone was stating the problem with three discs is one might be defective. Guess who's odds were crap. That's right, first disc in and I can't make it past the loading screen. Farthest I got was the intro video. I tried installing the disc but can't even get 1% before seeing, "Can't install, disc may be dirty or scratched". Awesome! I've had discs go 70%+ before getting that, I can't even get 1%. The previous time it was RDR from Blockbuster. Anyways, that's my problem with the game :/
If you made this a purchase return it for another copy...
NyteShade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 05:55 AM   #3
halofan1989
 
halofan1989's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 233

Omega Weapon 7's Gamercard
The constant freezing coupled with those last few cars were both a living hell.
>.<
__________________

halofan1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 08:17 AM   #4
shinobigarth
 
shinobigarth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Oregon, USA
Posts: 1,369
Send a message via Skype™ to shinobigarth

ShinobiGarth's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
i agree with a lot already said.

the interview/interrogation system really disappointed me. they were touting this as really amazing and it is mediocre at best. one big problem is the facial expressions to tell if theyre lying or telling the truth is NOT consistent at all from person to person, sometimes with the same person. sometimes they will be looking around with the eyes and look nervous and yet are actually telling the truth. WTF?! they really needed to establish a consistency with all characters, and then actually explain it to you, saying "you should look for shifty eyes, twitching of the facial muscles, licking of the lips, etc as signs of lying or holding back information" and "when they are looking you in the eye they are most likely telling the truth". its just not consistent that way.

also its WAAAAY too linear. you always solve the case even if you completely bomb everything and get a 1 star rating. i would like to be able to convict the wrong person, and then have a cut-scene show that they found out several months later that they got the wrong guy or something. i wanted to make a parody video called "Worlds Worst Detective" where Phelps makes all the wrong choices in interviews and then convicts some person that had nothing to do with the crime, just for laughs, but it seems you cant do that.
__________________

Last edited by shinobigarth; 06-03-2011 at 08:23 AM.
shinobigarth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 11:09 PM   #5
Skeletor
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 99

SKELETOR2484's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by shinobigarth View Post
the interview/interrogation system really disappointed me. they were touting this as really amazing and it is mediocre at best. one big problem is the facial expressions to tell if theyre lying or telling the truth is NOT consistent at all from person to person, sometimes with the same person. sometimes they will be looking around with the eyes and look nervous and yet are actually telling the truth. WTF?! they really needed to establish a consistency with all characters, and then actually explain it to you, saying "you should look for shifty eyes, twitching of the facial muscles, licking of the lips, etc as signs of lying or holding back information" and "when they are looking you in the eye they are most likely telling the truth". its just not consistent that way.

also its WAAAAY too linear. you always solve the case even if you completely bomb everything and get a 1 star rating. i would like to be able to convict the wrong person, and then have a cut-scene show that they found out several months later that they got the wrong guy or something. i wanted to make a parody video called "Worlds Worst Detective" where Phelps makes all the wrong choices in interviews and then convicts some person that had nothing to do with the crime, just for laughs, but it seems you cant do that.

Regarding your first point, it's called the real world. Liars and truthtellers don't all have the same reactions and habits. Detectives and interrogators , I'm sure, have to deal with this all the time. I would imagine it's those who decipher those mannerisms the best who excel at their job the most. You're not always going to have a liar who fidgets or looks away when talking to you. Likewise you won't always find someone who tells the truth stare you straight in the eye. People get nervous and anxious while others are just simply really good liars. That's what the game portrays, or at least tries its best to do.

I find it a little interesting that you complain about the linearity of the game but also raise your point about the interrogations. I somewhat agree it's a little too linear with a supposed open world and the way it's almost impossible to miss a clue, but imagine that coupled with how you want the interviews to be. Not only would we have a game where it's pretty impossible to miss clues, an open world that is not too open when you think about it and an interrogation system (that the game is predicated on) that is so easy to read that anybody could do it. That sounds way more linear to me.
__________________
Skeletor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 10:41 PM   #6
shinobigarth
 
shinobigarth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Oregon, USA
Posts: 1,369
Send a message via Skype™ to shinobigarth

ShinobiGarth's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeletor View Post
Regarding your first point, it's called the real world. Liars and truthtellers don't all have the same reactions and habits. Detectives and interrogators , I'm sure, have to deal with this all the time. I would imagine it's those who decipher those mannerisms the best who excel at their job the most. You're not always going to have a liar who fidgets or looks away when talking to you. Likewise you won't always find someone who tells the truth stare you straight in the eye. People get nervous and anxious while others are just simply really good liars. That's what the game portrays, or at least tries its best to do.

I find it a little interesting that you complain about the linearity of the game but also raise your point about the interrogations. I somewhat agree it's a little too linear with a supposed open world and the way it's almost impossible to miss a clue, but imagine that coupled with how you want the interviews to be. Not only would we have a game where it's pretty impossible to miss clues, an open world that is not too open when you think about it and an interrogation system (that the game is predicated on) that is so easy to read that anybody could do it. That sounds way more linear to me.
i know its not cut and dry in the real world, but this is a GAME. it doesnt need to be completely realistic. i play games to have fun and chill, not to have a frustrating time trying to figure out if someone is telling the truth or not in a non consistent fashion. the game just doesnt do anything to help you in that regard if you arent sure what to pick, even the intuitions only narrow it down a little bit. i have to use a guide to make sure i pick the right choices every time, in order to 5 star every case, because i just cant do it myself. especially when Phelps will hijack the conversation when you pick Lie sometimes, so you never know if he's gonna change the subject suddenly. if they had put in a manual save option in, it wouldnt be nearly as bad, if you mess up an interview you just reload and try another option. but no, that would be too easy. you have to either quit out if you got lucky and the game didnt autosave after an interview, or else do the whole case over again just to pick another option. wicked lame.

all im saying is they could have done a better job on it, especially when its one of the main selling points.
__________________

Last edited by shinobigarth; 06-05-2011 at 10:43 PM.
shinobigarth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 03:48 PM   #7
pined5551
 
pined5551's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 2,135

Traveller Nick's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Fuuuuuuck! Let me skip fucking cut scenes!!!!

This game has become so boring it makes me want to kill myself!

Last edited by pined5551; 03-15-2012 at 03:29 PM.
pined5551 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 03:38 PM   #8
UnicornNinjas
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 6

NJA 8bit's Gamercard
Really hate the catch all that is Doubt when the person said the truth but some how I am supposed to know there is more they have to say on a completely unrelated topic.
UnicornNinjas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 08:03 PM   #9
Bigfun4040
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Ohio
Posts: 7

Bigfun4040's Gamercard
When the game 1st started, the 1st cut scene buffered & skipped. I was getting upset thinking that I get it at release 12 AM & won't be able to play. But thankfully it hasn't done that since & I love it.

Wish on the replay of cases you could skip the stupid scenes that don't add value, like when you meet your partner. I'm not asking questions so I shouldn't have to do it again.

Sure I'll be back to bitch once I get deeper into the game.
Bigfun4040 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 08:17 PM   #10
13ip0lar
 
13ip0lar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 3,519

Zweipolig's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigfun4040 View Post
When the game 1st started, the 1st cut scene buffered & skipped. I was getting upset thinking that I get it at release 12 AM & won't be able to play. But thankfully it hasn't done that since & I love it.

Wish on the replay of cases you could skip the stupid scenes that don't add value, like when you meet your partner. I'm not asking questions so I shouldn't have to do it again.

Sure I'll be back to bitch once I get deeper into the game.
Yeah I agree, I was able to get my game to work, so that's not my problem. However, I hate the pointless cutscenes you can't skip over. It's like I'd much rather be playing than watching something that really adds nothing to the game. Honestly I think they just wanna show off their new face capture system. I forget what it's called, but yeah lol.
__________________


I hate people... But don't worry, if you are reading this it likely means I don't hate you. Why? People can't read.


13ip0lar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 08:25 PM   #11
Gutz
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 22

Gutz Berzerker's Gamercard
Oops I just posted this. I hate that you have to shoot people with guns, even if you get the drop on them they turn around and blast you, there's no disarm, no tackle or fight option, so you just have to kill them. I think that's dumb and pretty unrealistic. I know that cops shoot first and ask questions later now but in the 50's I don't think they were so quick to pull a gun.
Gutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 09:27 PM   #12
FeatherbottomMR
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Las Vegas NV
Posts: 1,035

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gutz View Post
Oops I just posted this. I hate that you have to shoot people with guns, even if you get the drop on them they turn around and blast you, there's no disarm, no tackle or fight option, so you just have to kill them. I think that's dumb and pretty unrealistic. I know that cops shoot first and ask questions later now but in the 50's I don't think they were so quick to pull a gun.
You can tackle them... when you get close enough it will tell you to tap A for a tackle.... also you can shoot a warning shot in the air and they will stop sometimes....
FeatherbottomMR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 09:33 PM   #13
osakamitsu
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: St.Louis
Posts: 1,436

osakamitsu's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeatherbottomMR View Post
You can tackle them... when you get close enough it will tell you to tap A for a tackle.... also you can shoot a warning shot in the air and they will stop sometimes....

no you cant tackle in certain situations and you are standing right next to them... at least i cant.
osakamitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 08:25 AM   #14
americansavior
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gutz View Post
Oops I just posted this. I hate that you have to shoot people with guns, even if you get the drop on them they turn around and blast you, there's no disarm, no tackle or fight option, so you just have to kill them. I think that's dumb and pretty unrealistic. I know that cops shoot first and ask questions later now but in the 50's I don't think they were so quick to pull a gun.
I think cops in the 1940's were alot quicker to shoot first and ask questions later then cops these days suspects get punched in the mouth for saying something wrong today no so much
americansavior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 09:58 AM   #15
Saracin
 
Saracin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 300
Send a message via AIM to Saracin Send a message via MSN to Saracin Send a message via Yahoo to Saracin

saracin's Gamercard
For people who can't get off a warning shot or tackle, if a suspect shoots first, its means the only way he's leaving is in a body bag, even if he shot and ran.

If you want help with the warning shot, turn the auto aim on to high, it latches on pretty good.

And I had the same problem with the opening and some skipping, perhaps it has something to do with installing the disc? But it's never happened again, so no biggie.
__________________

Saracin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 11:04 PM   #16
tweakster2k
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 9

Rockman EXE's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gutz View Post
Oops I just posted this. I hate that you have to shoot people with guns, even if you get the drop on them they turn around and blast you, there's no disarm, no tackle or fight option, so you just have to kill them. I think that's dumb and pretty unrealistic. I know that cops shoot first and ask questions later now but in the 50's I don't think they were so quick to pull a gun.
I actually made the mistake of doing this and was kind of shocked that I couldn't pistol whip or anything. I nearly died because I had to back up to shoot the guy. I never thought that I'd say this in a Rockstar game but the last thing I want to do in this game is shoot someone.
tweakster2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 08:30 PM   #17
Atomickgunn
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1

Atomickbodybags's Gamercard
I would have to say that this game will go down in history It will have the same kinda impact just as Toy Story did as the first animated feature film and the same way Avatar set the bar with its incredible technogy, the face capture system is groundbreaking and will set new standards in video game for the future to come rockstar has a hit sorry.
Atomickgunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 09:24 PM   #18
Gutz
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 22

Gutz Berzerker's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomickgunn View Post
the face capture system is groundbreaking and will set new standards in video game for the future to come rockstar has a hit sorry.
I don't think that anyone is saying that they don't. The face cap is a revolution, and I'm glad someone finally took the time to flesh out the tech. But this game has flaws, however minor they are people should still voice their opinions. Developers read forums and this is probably the best way to get your ideas through to the devs.
Gutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 04:30 PM   #19
cHRiSCOe
 
cHRiSCOe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: NC
Posts: 859

Chriscoe's Gamercard
My disks are fine, I also love this game. I just wish I could "go have a drink" while I was on the job! Haha
cHRiSCOe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 05:43 PM   #20
delong212
 
delong212's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: West Springfield, Pa
Posts: 57

delong212's Gamercard
honestly the main thing i have to complain about is the amount of cutscenes...and just have to say i love the name of this thread
__________________
delong212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 06:11 PM   #21
AlienDenzil85
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Liverpool
Posts: 152

AlienDenzil85's Gamercard
My main grievance with the game is that I don't have it yet - roll on Friday!
AlienDenzil85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 10:17 PM   #22
T3z
 
T3z's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 218

Teztosterpwn's Gamercard
Yeah, feel like this whole game was just one big showcase for the new facial tech... Not close to Rockstar's greatest work.. but Still an amazing product. I'd give it an 8.5/10
__________________


T3z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 10:18 PM   #23
Hoborg
Banned User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 1,195

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
The action sequences are so insanely hard. Too much trial and error, it's insulting.
Hoborg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 04:33 AM   #24
EliteShadowMan
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 3,255

EliteShadowMan's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoborg View Post
The action sequences are so insanely hard. Too much trial and error, it's insulting.
trial and error? lmao are you really that bad at this game? theres some trial and error in the tailing sections of the game, but you shouldn't really be having a hard time at gunplay unless if you run at the enemies without cover!
EliteShadowMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 11:53 PM   #25
psycho4201
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1

xTjCx Psycho's Gamercard
hi what am i missing i have the strategy guide and i still am missing 1 clue out of 14 when i finish the mission.
drivers seat mission.
psycho4201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 02:51 AM   #26
spacin_mason
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Masshole
Posts: 24

spacin mason's Gamercard
Cole's audio just stopped on buyer beware...just restarted hopefully it wont happen again
__________________

"Do what you love and fuck the rest"
spacin_mason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 08:01 AM   #27
nighttrainrb32
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 10

NiGHTTRAiNRB32's Gamercard
There is no gosh darn save feature, just auto ave. I hate auto save in games like that are non linear. Its either start at the last save or continue with mistakes. They should have just have the standard save slots.

Other than that stuff, besides the clunky controls, the game is pretty good.
nighttrainrb32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 11:04 AM   #28
ClockWorkPhantom
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 5

clwkphantom's Gamercard
Boo rockstar pass single player games don't a damn online pass god why did ea start all this trouble and the screwed up thing is u buy it new and no pass the only motivation towards buying a game new what the hell seriously come on now really and it's not even up yet even though it's on the list of stuff to come out this week.
ClockWorkPhantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 01:12 PM   #29
JKSullivan
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 291

JKSullivan's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClockWorkPhantom View Post
Boo rockstar pass single player games don't a damn online pass god why did ea start all this trouble and the screwed up thing is u buy it new and no pass the only motivation towards buying a game new what the hell seriously come on now really and it's not even up yet even though it's on the list of stuff to come out this week.
OK, first - USE PUNCTUATION, DAMMIT.

Second, you in no way need a pass code to play the game, if that's in fact what you're bitching about.
JKSullivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 11:04 PM   #30
Davezer
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: 203
Posts: 6

twoohtreez's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClockWorkPhantom View Post
Boo rockstar pass single player games don't a damn online pass god why did ea start all this trouble and the screwed up thing is u buy it new and no pass the only motivation towards buying a game new what the hell seriously come on now really and it's not even up yet even though it's on the list of stuff to come out this week.
uhhh what?

And, my only problem with this game is once and a while the audio cuts out for 10-15 seconds. It always seems to be during cut scenes where I actually would like to hear what is being said.
Davezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 04:15 AM.