PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooters > Duke Nukem Forever
Subscribe    Donate

Old 06-15-2011, 08:05 PM   #1
Method

Method x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Bronze   x360a Representer   Road Map - Emerald   PAX Meet 2010   Achievement Guide - Bronze   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Submit - Gold   1,000 Posts   Member of the Month   A+ Thread Award   Bright Idea   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 13 (more» ...)
Official Bitching Thread

Apparently this game needs one. Post your gripes and complaints in this thread. Users that make new threads to bitch will have their threads deleted and be punished. Enjoy complaining

Method is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 08:17 PM   #2
UltimateTT66

UltimateTT66's Gamercard
super slow load times...
UltimateTT66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 08:44 PM   #3
gazmaster1

Gazmaster3D's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Silver   1,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Silver
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
people who moan the game is dated....thats the whole point but there is one genuine issue I have and that is the slow texture loading after re-loading a game, only a small gripe.

Last edited by gazmaster1; 06-15-2011 at 09:12 PM.
gazmaster1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 09:12 PM   #4
Gackt
Banned User

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Gackt   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Gold   SOTF Winner   GSL 8 Winners   The Helping Hand   Bright Idea   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze   Artist of the Month
Total Awards: 15 (more» ...)
Not much to say about this game. The loading is slow and game is not very fun. Don't waste your money.
Gackt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 09:16 PM   #5
Capt_Ron CFH 01

Capt Ron CFH 01's Gamercard
Not enough sharks!
My BoS edition comic even had smart sharks in it.

The load times are the worst thing and if you're not dying evey 5 mins you don't have to worry about them that much.
Capt_Ron CFH 01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 09:25 PM   #6
H4mstergeddon

H4ms73rg3dd0n's Gamercard
Slowpoke

The loading times are like 1 min long even thou you install on hard drive.

and yes, the comic had sharks (Syntethically mutated attack robot terrorist SHARKS) where are they ?

but worth the 90 i spent for BoS ed. ABSO-FUCKIN-LUTELY
H4mstergeddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 11:10 PM   #7
Darkforce412

darkforce412's Gamercard
only loading was annoying
Old 07-22-2011, 03:12 AM   #8
veece16

Chilled Eclipse's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
The loading times weren't really that bad, until I started playing on insane and died every 10 seconds. Other than that, the laggy boss fights, horribly designed mini games, and over used one liners, I had fun.
veece16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 09:19 PM   #9
DeanBriggz

B1zuk's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by gazmaster1 View Post
people who moan the game is dated....thats the whole point.
So DNF being a throwback from the 90s or 'dated' is a good excuse for it to be a low quality, badly put together excuse for a video game? Doom 3 could've pulled the same crap - but they didn't. And because of that the game received a pretty impressive reception.

I do wish to see a sequel to DNF in the future though, and hopefully it'll be all Gearbox's work.

As for the topic.. quite a few things bothered me; long loading screens, two weapon limit, very linear gameplay, very bad level design in some parts and no jet-pack in SP. Seems like a fairly easy 1000g though, if I can get around to doing Insane .

Last edited by DeanBriggz; 06-15-2011 at 09:21 PM.
DeanBriggz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 09:24 PM   #10
gazmaster1

Gazmaster3D's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Silver   1,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Silver
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeanBriggz View Post
So DNF being a throwback from the 90s or 'dated' is a good excuse for it to be a low quality, badly put together excuse for a video game? Doom 3 could've pulled the same crap - but they didn't. And because of that the game recieved a pretty impressive reception.

I do wish to see a sequel to DNF in the future though, and hopefully it'll be all Gearbox's work.

As for the topic.. quite a few things bothered me; long loading screens, two weapon limit, very linear gameplay and very bad level design in some parts. Seems like a fairly easy 1000g though, if I can get around to doing Insane .
there are plenty of low quality of games which are fun to play, im not saying this is a revolution just that it is different, in a way inspired by late 90's FPS gaming and I have found memory's of that particular era. Thus I like the game.

Last edited by gazmaster1; 06-16-2011 at 12:15 AM.
gazmaster1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 04:49 PM   #11
edb87

edb87's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateTT66 View Post
super slow load times...
This...this 100X over.
edb87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 05:58 PM   #12
hype

IncredibleHype's Gamercard
i don't know about anyone else, but...i would personally like to slap the shit out of the person who said Duke's a COD wannabe.

hijo del maliante puro.
hype is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 12:28 AM   #13
Nitnoid

haZZmaTTaZZ's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Slap me baby!
Nitnoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 11:39 PM   #14
Mr Schultz

MR SCHULTZ's Gamercard
Omg, this stupid f'ing underwater bit is getting on my goddamn nerves.
Little buggers swarming me, while I'm drowning at the same time.

Has anyone mentioned the 1 minute load times? ...

Mr Schultz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 01:45 AM   #15
FeatherbottomMR

people complain it is life......
FeatherbottomMR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 01:11 AM   #16
XVANQU1SHEDX

Vendetro's Gamercard
This game takes forever to load and after 12 years of work i think they could have made it a bit....how do i say.....smoother. The game was a massive disappointment at first but after my second play through i started to like it a bit more

Last edited by XVANQU1SHEDX; 06-16-2011 at 01:14 AM.
XVANQU1SHEDX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 01:43 AM   #17
deepinthemosh

deepinthemosh's Gamercard
For all the bitching people have been doing about how bad this game, then you just don't understand what Duke Nukem games are all about. He has always been the cheap mans Doom minus inclusion of the Serious Sam series. Overall, I had fun with the game as long as you go into it with no expectations. If you can do that, your going to have a great time.
deepinthemosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 02:02 AM   #18
DeanBriggz

B1zuk's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by deepinthemosh View Post
For all the bitching people have been doing about how bad this game, then you just don't understand what Duke Nukem games are all about.
Yawn. Stop talking crap, please.

DeanBriggz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 06:48 AM   #19
Nithilius

xHairyCleavagex's Gamercard
This game was a big disappointment really. Not worth $65. I would continuasly find myself fighting a boss for hours on end because I would die in the matter of one or two hiits while putting all my 1911 ammo into a berserk pig cop that's hitting non stop and I can't do anything except take it. And then proceed to wait through twenty minutes of load time. And then continue through the endless loop.

Any ideas on how to beat the octaking part two. Cause 2k games really butt fucked you there. No cover. The octaking kills you in two hits. Amd if you managed to survive him. You have to deal with the invincible smaller octabrains. Completely outrages.

Humorous at time, but overall not a fun game. A waste of 14 years imo.
Nithilius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 03:46 AM   #20
hype

IncredibleHype's Gamercard
lmao COD's not the same every year. the story's always different, the multiplayer has new shit each time. the only thing that practically remains constant is the guns & the ominous objective of the multiplayer aspect. by your logic, every game that comes out has some type of replication from a previous...fighting games, rpgs, etc. however i see your point & touche.

if any gotdamn games are the exact same year to year, it's sports games. i finally woke the fuck up around 2k6, realizing the gotdamn plays are the same, as are the players, just some on different teams & a new dickhead on the cover of the game. haven't bought another sports game since.

hijo del maliante puro.
hype is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 04:40 PM   #21
Eighty 0ne

Eighty 0ne's Gamercard
I'm pretty disappointed. I've been waiting years for a great follow up to the original, but this isn't it. This game is, for lack of a better word, boring. The action sequences are boring, the driving sequences are boring. I just did not enjoy this at all.
Eighty 0ne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 07:14 PM   #22
Black Metal Christmas

suicide by taco's Gamercard
If they took the Driving/platforming/underwater section out and just focused on giving a better shooting experience it could of better a tad bit better.
Black Metal Christmas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 04:22 AM   #23
x GrumpyNinja x

x GrumpyNinja x's Gamercard
i thought it was a cool game. the loading times were long but its all good. achevs were easy but dont think im going to be playing through on insane. but im not sure yet. i just might give it a try. maybe.
x GrumpyNinja x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 05:27 AM   #24
jihadileet

JihadiLeet's Gamercard
rock sockem nukem dukem

Incredibly slow load times and some frustrating level mechanics. Other than that its good fun.
Old 07-13-2011, 09:25 AM   #25
Optomistic

timutimu's Gamercard
The only people who like this are fanboys. Forget the fact that this is a Duke Nukem game, forget that this dwelled in dev hell for the longest time ever, and what you have is a mediocre game, relying on past glories to boost it's profile. I really wanted to enjoy this, and ignored all the criticism, but Duke simply couldn't stand toe to toe with all the other FPS games out there.
Try again I say, don't give up on Duke, but bring him into the present. Duke carried too much baggage with him in "forever", and into a market saturated with COD's and Battlefronts and MOH's.

Limbo, Catan, Yu Gi Oh!, Hexic, Sonic adventure, SSF2HDR
Optomistic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 05:50 AM   #26
Cooljoe

Bear5 Fan 4Ever's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Let's see... I would LOVE to play this game, have it in my possession, but guess what? Guess! A fucking black screen prevents me from doing so I'm right after dome part 1. Any ideas people help plz
Cooljoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 08:56 AM   #27
bwfcskillsinhd

i Mr Pete's Gamercard
Angry

Am I glad that's over! I was expecting something mind-blowing for a game they said was years in the making/development,what were they doing in all that time?not much it seems.poor controls,poor graphics & level design and the same predictable enemies all the way through,I could go on but it's already been posted above.I've had enuf & I won't even bother mopping up the cheevos I missed or the insane playthrough as I'd end up insane myself.duke nukem is a franchise of the past and that's where it should stay
bwfcskillsinhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 07:22 AM   #28
thisispreston

this game became a first for me! the first time i have ever taken a game back, the day after i bought it.
thisispreston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 10:00 PM   #29
cacodemon54

Cacodemon54's Gamercard
I really think most people jump on the crappy game band wagon with this one. Was there some things wrong with it... yeah there was, but try and find a game where everything is perfect (and DO NOT say halo or COD are perfect). Some part of the games were frustrating to say the least. The octaking battle on damn Im good is rough to say the least, and I hate jumping parts in a FPS.
cacodemon54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 05:22 AM   #30
starmaker69
Banned User

starmaker69's Gamercard
why do you all pick about Insane difficulty, its not all that bad, pretty easy really :P. especially if you know some of the glitched places in the game, basically in most the middle stages.. you just keep your distance and have Railgun and Ripper/Shotgun, towards the end of the game, basically you have Shrink Ray/Ripper, Beginning, its not so bad so i go with Shotgun/Ripper. Just watch your ass a lot.. know when to use beer, steroids, hologram duke, and know how to use your ammo, and sometimes take chances, like when i played Octoking the first time i took a chance with little ammo, well 7 shoutgun shells, and little ammo in the railgun.., so i charged a few pigs and gained ammo.
starmaker69 is offline   Reply With Quote