Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > F.E.A.R. 3
Subscribe    Donate

Old 07-05-2011, 03:42 PM   #1
TTD187

TTD187's Gamercard
F.E.A.R 3 Official Bitching Thread.

Okay, we need one, seriously need one. I looked through all 5 pages of threads and this is now the first one. I'll start.

Split screen. I can't see anything when using it.
It's not scary.
The game modes are very boring
The game is literally almost dead. I looked for all available games and there were 4! Seriously? Only 4 available lobbies?
The fact that if you're not posessing someone and you need to get in a mech and Point Man isn't around, you're screwed because no one's around! -.-

More?

To all of you but Battlefield 3: F*** off!
TTD187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 03:48 PM   #2
SolusFlare

Angvi1's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by TTD187 View Post
Okay, we need one, seriously need one. I looked through all 5 pages of threads and this is now the first one. I'll start.

It's not scary.
The game is literally almost dead. I looked for all available games and there were 4! Seriously? Only 4 available lobbies?
The fact that if you're not posessing someone and you need to get in a mech and Point Man isn't around, you're screwed because no one's around! -.-

More?
Can only say I dont agree with any of it. :s

(except the online part cause i simply dont play online that much. )

and sure Fear 3 aint "SCARY"- But neither was fear 1 or two. This series has always been more action based then horror based. So I cant complain.
SolusFlare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 04:11 PM   #3
AcidGlow

AcidGlowx's Gamercard
Quote:

It's not scary.

More?
Yea splitscreen does limit your field of view, but it's been that way since like super nintendo days of splitscreen.. meh. Ah well. Although they didn't use all the available space in the splitscreen mode.. >_<
FEAR isn't scary if you're an adult.. it's got a very faint sense of creepiness to it but that's it. It's nothing you'll have nightmares over. It's the usual style of scare tactics.. dark lighting with shadows in the background.. slow mo parts.. and the typical "in your face scares".. It's all been done before in FEAR and FEAR 2 anyways..

The game modes.. well I only like contractions and f**king run. I already knew the game had NO deathmatch or TDM in it before release. It kinda sucks but whatever.. I got FEAR 2 for deathmatch at least. As for the online activity.. it only shows the LOBBY that is available.. and NOT the games in progress. =p So what if there are 200 000 people playing online but you don't know that cause the game doesn't show "sessions in progress". =p
But anyways.. the game modes are meant to be played from the start to finish not joining midway anyways.. so whatever I guess?..

You don't need a mech in the levels to proceed. It's only an option.

The game does feel short but meh.. I had a feeling it wasn't full of content when I saw all the delays and barely any multiplayer footage.
AcidGlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 06:10 PM   #4
Doc Lolly

doctor lollypop's Gamercard
The only thing that pisses me off is when your playing contractions and some times Alma just decides to fuck your shit up even if you are not looking in her direction. But i deal with it

going kerouac on everybody's ass for 21 years
Doc Lolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 09:04 PM   #5
TTD187

TTD187's Gamercard
I'm not a child, but F.E.A.R definitely had a few creep moments and F.E.A.R 2 made me jump but this game is the least scariest :/

True that it doesn't show the games going on but lobbies don't exactly fill up straight away and I always find it hard to get into games of F**king Run and often get put into soul king.

I also knew there was no TDM or anything like that but that doesn't really bother me anyway, I have Medal of Honor for TDM and other game-types the generic FPS shooter have and Bad Company 2 for a more indepth game of Conquest or Rush.

I think it could just be that even though I wasn't expecting much, I still expected too much and it could be how I feel about my value for money. I usually don't spend more than 25 on a game. I will be selling soon though and may get it when it goes down to around 15-25, I guess I could sell the code if I get pre-owned.

To all of you but Battlefield 3: F*** off!
TTD187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 08:18 PM   #6
Akatsuki Sw1tch

Akatsuki Sw1tch's Gamercard
I've personally really enjoyed this game & have to say the co-op is one of the most unique I've played.

My ONLY gripes with the game are the fact it isn't as creepy/atmospheric as F.E.A.R 2 & the fact that people don't die when you pop a round in their head LIKE THEY WOULD IN REAL LIFE!
Old 07-15-2011, 07:11 PM   #7
QuadrapliJack

QuadrapliJack's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akatsuki Sw1tch View Post
[...] the fact that people don't die when you pop a round in their head LIKE THEY WOULD IN REAL LIFE!
This. So many times I've popped someone in the head, walked past where they were, thinking they were dead then suddenly get shot in the back. Annoying.

I was pretty pleased with the game, it wasn't amazing but wasn't bad. It wasn't scary in the sense that, I'd be scared when I was on my own at night or something, but it did creep me out a little. I found myself thinking "wtf" more than actually being scared. I missed alot of the "scary moments" aswell, as somebody said, I was busy focussing on other things or trying to scavenge for ammo or psychic links when stuff happened.

Regarding scary movies in the last 10 years, The Ring (remake) literally scared the crap out of me. I couldn't sleep for weeks after that movie, seriously. I never get scared by movies, but that was terrifying.
QuadrapliJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 08:30 PM   #8
FeatherbottomMR

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
I'm not a child, but F.E.A.R definitely had a few creep moments and F.E.A.R 2 made me jump but this game is the least scariest :/

True that it doesn't show the games going on but lobbies don't exactly fill up straight away and I always find it hard to get into games of F**king Run and often get put into soul king.

I also knew there was no TDM or anything like that but that doesn't really bother me anyway, I have Medal of Honor for TDM and other game-types the generic FPS shooter have and Bad Company 2 for a more indepth game of Conquest or Rush.

I think it could just be that even though I wasn't expecting much, I still expected too much and it could be how I feel about my value for money. I usually don't spend more than 25 on a game. I will be selling soon though and may get it when it goes down to around 15-25, I guess I could sell the code if I get pre-owned.
I def think that fear one had its moments. I jumped when alma would just show up out of nowhere.......
FeatherbottomMR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 09:21 PM   #9
Tufty

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Submit - Silver
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeatherbottomMR View Post
I def think that fear one had its moments. I jumped when alma would just show up out of nowhere.......
I don't agree with most of what TTD says, but I have to agree there is a stunning lack of horror for a horror games. In the odd event something 'scary' does happen you're likely to miss it because you have to be looking a a specific spot in the room, and the game doesn't indicate where to look.
Tufty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 12:03 AM   #10
the Blinkster

the blinkster's Gamercard
Just wanted to agree with the previous post.

I adored the first FEAR game, but this one just didn't seem scary. There's a combination of reasons for this.

First, I spend the whole first game trying to kill Paxton. Why on earth is he my bosom companion now!
Second, little Alma is a hundred times scarier than grown up Alma. Little Alma is an intentionally pretty, sweet, innocent person. This makes you empathise with her, so when she started doing terrible things you were able to both pity and fear her. It was effective. When she showed up it was genuinely scary. However in this installment, Alma just seems annoying. She's grown up, covered in more blood than a character in Clive Barker's world and is just... boring!

Okay, so at 1am those are the only reasons I can come up with, but honestly - I was disappointed. When the first FEAR came out I was genuinely impressed with it. FEAR Files was also an interesting installment, but since then, the games seem to have lost their fear factor and become more action orientated.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that if this were simply called 'Adventures of Point Man', I'd really like it - it's the fact it's trying to follow up an excellent first game that it seems so disappointing.
the Blinkster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 06:48 PM   #11
EvGuY77

EvGuY77's Gamercard
could have been longer could have had deathmatch but still one of the better shooters to be released lately
EvGuY77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 12:08 PM   #12
monzie192

so so

I agree that the online aspect lacks a lot. I enjoy it but no deathmatch or ctf?! the original fear game was by far the best in the series!!!! rubbish achievements but it was a great game!!
monzie192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 01:10 PM   #13
Quickdraw

Quickdraw1988's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
i'm surprised the multiplayer died so quickly it looked so promising.

You can't outrun Death forever, But you can make him work for it.

Urgently Boosting Saints Row 2 MP Achieves Message Me.
Quickdraw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 12:41 AM   #14
Xenolith666

Xenolith666's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Gold   Road Map - Silver   Submit - Bronze   Staff Club - Never Final   Staff Club - Gackt   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Over Achiever - Gold   1,000 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
My only gripe is this "Handle with Care" achievement.. if it was 20 crates it would be doable.. but 30 is just insane. It's hard enough to find people to play with, then once you do, everyone goes for crates! It's impossible on solo, otherwise I'd do it there.

Ok, and another thing.. I can't join any matches! I'll press "A" to join, and it just sits there for about 5 minutes and doesn't go into a lobby. Or it'll just say "unable to join". I can host them fine.. but I've yet to join someone else's game. At one point I had to dashboard it when looking for a quick match since there's no option to back out of it!

Xenolith666 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 12:54 AM   #15
A Scary Demon

a scary demon's Gamercard
Even though fear 3 wasnt that scary its still a good game and series in whole.the only thing thats bad is online searching but im not complaining cause ive got all the achievements for it.and i like the story of fear even though point man never talks paxton fettel is a psychopath and alma is the scariest little girl ever she rapes people honestly.eg SGT.Beckett
Old 09-12-2011, 01:02 AM   #16
Wicelow

Wicelow's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Silver
The fu***** phase commander glitching in a wall on wave 20 of contractions really pissed me off...

Other than that, not the best game ever, but still very fun to play.

Wicelow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 09:37 AM   #17
Thicketford

Thicketford's Gamercard
It's disappointing when compared to F.E.A.R. or F.E.A.R. Files, but still a decent shooter. It just isn't scary anymore, and the combat isn't as intense or satisfying.
Thicketford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 10:13 PM   #18
DOBOYX2

DOBOYX2's Gamercard
My main issue is the lack of Alma appearances. ......