PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Earth Defense Force: Insect Armageddon
Subscribe    Donate

Old 07-07-2011, 08:44 AM   #1
Motorexskygtr32

MotorexGTR32's Gamercard
Fastest way to earn more XP for your Ranks!

The fastest way I did to earn XP rank is Chapter 1: Mission 4: DitchSlap on Inferno. I was Rank 4, and had the bots with me. Killed Hectors, Ants, and Spiders before the tunnel...took me about 10-15K in that first part. Now, I killed two bots before blew the tunnel up. I went in and bombed 2 anthills and leave one anthill alive to keep ants respawn. I went back in the beginning of the tunnel where the water flown at, set up the plasma turret and using Homing Missiles to shoot the ants. The problem here is the max XP is 65,550. It will not go up anymore. I don't know if it is this specific level or all levels. After it stopped 65,550, I went back to the bots to revived them and finished it. It took me less than 30 minutes to get that 65K XP.

I haven't test out on any missions to farm for more XP except Chapter 1: Mission 4: Ditchslap so feel free to post your XP guides!

Motorexskygtr32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 12:24 PM   #2
Gundam Legend 2

GundamLegend 2's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorexskygtr32 View Post
The fastest way I did to earn XP rank is Chapter 1: Mission 4: DitchSlap on Inferno. I was Rank 4, and had the bots with me. Killed Hectors, Ants, and Spiders before the tunnel...took me about 10-15K in that first part. Now, I killed two bots before blew the tunnel up. I went in and bombed 2 anthills and leave one anthill alive to keep ants respawn. I went back in the beginning of the tunnel where the water flown at, set up the plasma turret and using Homing Missiles to shoot the ants. The problem here is the max XP is 65,550. It will not go up anymore. I don't know if it is this specific level or all levels. After it stopped 65,550, I went back to the bots to revived them and finished it. It took me less than 30 minutes to get that 65K XP.

I haven't test out on any missions to farm for more XP except Chapter 1: Mission 4: Ditchslap so feel free to post your XP guides!

I think the real problem here is that cannot be done in 30 minutes, specially with level 4 weapons since it does take forever to kill anything on inferno... IMO i honestly think even if you didn't get swarmed took you at least 30 minutes just to kill one Hector. even with level 7 weapons it takes a good pounding to kill anything.
Gundam Legend 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 01:05 PM   #3
Motorexskygtr32

MotorexGTR32's Gamercard
Yes, it can be done which is why you have to equipped with Assault Rifle with Auto Locks, Homing Missles gun, and a Plasma turret ready for Tactical Armor only. It will come handy with a Plasma turret, trust me. I said it took me 30 mins aproximately to farming ants from one ant hill to reach 65K xp because you would reach between 10k-15k before bomb the tunnel. You can have your 2 friends to help you out and everyone takes a turn to do that in order to get fastest xp. If you using other armors, have someone use Tatctical Armor for turret in case of back up.

My best suggestion to do this after Rank 5 because it takes a long time to get to Rank 8 and better power weapons.

That is depends on what weapons from Armors you would be using against Hector. You making it sound like it coming from Large Hector which it does takes a long time to take it down.

But it doesn't have to be on Inferno, you could try on Hard but I cant say it if all difficulty scoring max the same like 65,550xp on Inferno. Like I said, feel free to bring your ideas and different levels to do this.

Last edited by Motorexskygtr32; 07-07-2011 at 01:09 PM.
Old 07-07-2011, 01:53 PM   #4
The Pants Party
You're Not Invited

Za Pantsupati's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Diamond   Staff - Super Moderator   Micro Guide - Platinum   15,000 Posts   Staff Club - Never Final   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Shiftie   Staff Club - The Pants Party   Staff Club - AOS Puck   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Gold   Referrals - Gold
Total Awards: 20 (more» ...)
So if you took 30 minutes just to farm, that's about 45-50 minutes for the whole level?

On that level (solo, Inferno, with AI) I got nearly 23k without farming at all. Took maybe 20 minutes total. Just running it, you could do three in an hour for 69k. So for an extra ten minutes time, you'd get about the same experience, but triple the weapon drops.

I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
The Pants Party is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 02:55 PM   #5
Motorexskygtr32

MotorexGTR32's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pants Party View Post
So if you took 30 minutes just to farm, that's about 45-50 minutes for the whole level?

On that level (solo, Inferno, with AI) I got nearly 23k without farming at all. Took maybe 20 minutes total. Just running it, you could do three in an hour for 69k. So for an extra ten minutes time, you'd get about the same experience, but triple the weapon drops.
Hmm....I didn't think of that. I guess there is no point of farming since pretty much both are amount to same in time wise but I don't know if 65K is the max, though. I don't think there would be no reason to do this so it's useless. You are right.

Old 07-07-2011, 06:27 PM   #6
Wurd77

Wurd77's Gamercard
Well.....I've been using Chapter 1 Mission 1 to farm XP. I'm on Rank 2 at the moment about to hit Rank 3. You have to consider, though, I got the game yesterday. lol

Also, I tried 1.1 on Hard just to see what it was like and......wow!!!!! It was really tough. I'm not sure if the ants grew in number or if it was just because they were harder to kill. However, I did, finally, make it through the level even though I died numerous times. But, thank goodness that the AI bots are good at reviving you. Plus, the Hector bot was a real pain to kill on Hard.

Anyways, I think I'm going to continue to play on Normal and farm XP till I get to at least Rank 4 before I attempt Hard again. I hate to see what Inferno is going to be like. Ughhhhh!!!!
Wurd77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 05:51 PM   #7
entropyMaker

entropyMaker's Gamercard
Quote:

I am going to have to pull your card and call bullshit on this one. There is no way you made it through this board with a level 4 character on inferno.
entropyMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 12:40 AM   #8
Motorexskygtr32

MotorexGTR32's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by entropyMaker View Post
I am going to have to pull your card and call bullshit on this one. There is no way you made it through this board with a level 4 character on inferno.
Yes, it is possible to do it with Rank 4 or higher. I achieved it with Battle and Tactical with Rank 4-5 on Inferno for Chapter 1 (Mission1-5) with bots. It is not impossible but doable. The reason why I did it early because its more faster and higher points to kill enemies than you can do in Normal and Hard.

Old 07-28-2011, 01:48 AM   #9
Pormogo

underworld toad's Gamercard
What's a good anthill farming launcher for the Trooper? Seems like whatever I do, the ants keep bouncing around...

Also, if you play Remix 1-4, you can get three metal-ant hills, which generate score four times as fast.

Thanks to N3xus Gam3r!
Pormogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 02:43 AM   #10
Motorexskygtr32

MotorexGTR32's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pormogo View Post
What's a good anthill farming launcher for the Trooper? Seems like whatever I do, the ants keep bouncing around...

Also, if you play Remix 1-4, you can get three metal-ant hills, which generate score four times as fast.
Sticks with Remix 1-4 but watch out metal wasps in the end..they can kill you in one hit depends the difficulty. I cannot tell you which launcher until you can tell us what rank you are in for Trooper.

Old 07-28-2011, 06:33 AM   #11
HUUS

HUUS's Gamercard
I just got the Daddy War Bugs achevement, and when I got tired of using the Jet, I used the Trooper. He has a ROCKET launcher, not lock-on missile launcher, that will track several targets at once. It says something about it in the description, youll have to read it, but thats what I used on Inferno.

Its a pretty powerful weapon, it does an Air-Burst, and looks like it tracks 5 or 6 targets, and does big splash damage. You dont have to worry about the AI bots stepping in front of you since you can just look straight up and fire it too.

I did all PLAYING farming on 3-3, and all rubber band farming on 1-1.
HUUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 04:49 PM   #12
Pormogo

underworld toad's Gamercard
Quote:
Sticks with Remix 1-4 but watch out metal wasps in the end..they can kill you in one hit depends the difficulty. I cannot tell you which launcher until you can tell us what rank you are in for Trooper.

I'm 6 for the Trooper.

Thanks to N3xus Gam3r!
Pormogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 10:21 PM   #13
head0r Inc

AC Cloud Strife's Gamercard
Is there actually a good way to idle boost the tactical armor? It doesn't seem to have any proper missiles for the 1-1 method and I am kind of stuck on this one ...

head0r Inc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 01:26 AM   #14
Siegfried

Send a message via MSN to Siegfried

SiegfriedX's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Gold
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I don't know if anyone still plays this, but I just got the game about 5 days ago. I already reached tier 8 with my battle armor and cleared inferno with the help of a friend that was also playing with a battle armor and is tier 6.

My question is this: Is there anyway for me to help him level up quickly? And then for him to help my other classes that are all tier 1 level up quickly?

Siegfried is offline   Reply With Quote