Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Section 8
Subscribe    Donate

Old 07-14-2011, 05:26 AM   #1
Mister Buds

Mister Buds's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
For the Swarm

i know this forum is dead, but i'm looking for some tips on the "for the swarm" achievement from the DLC (win swarm on hard difficulty on all maps).

the achievement guide is no help at all by simply referring to another achievement that does nothing but list the maps.

my friend and i can not even manage to beat a single map. the enemies are far too powerful. all of them use rocket launchers and sniper rifles that kill us in one or two hits. meanwhile the enemies absorb clips upon clips of bullets. they're virtually impossible to beat in a one-on-one situation, and just two of them can completely fuck up one of our heavy armors before the weak ass gun on it can kill them.

on maps with three control points, we capture one control point, then when we move to get a second one, the enemies begin hacking the first one we captured. on maps with four control points, they all spread out evenly and prevent us from getting any control points. if we split up and try to tackle different control points, the enemies easily overrun and overpower us.

in addition to all this nonsense, all the DCMs that appear are ones for the enemy to complete. we never get any. trying to stop them from completing the DCMs is damn near impossible because all of them group up together.

any tips would be GREATLY appreciated.
Mister Buds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 08:24 PM   #2
Temp33t

Temp33t's Gamercard
"Turn victory conditions to 1 and difficulty to Hard and work your way through all 11 maps. Can be a little bit luck based as sometimes your AI teammates will be killed (basically, whichever team gets the first kill wins), but if you squad spawn then two of you will be able to over-power an enemy bot easily enough."

All credits to SAZorlance for posting this here:http://www.trueachievements.com/a397...m?showguides=1

I haven't tried it myself yet but it should work.
hope it helps
Temp33t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 03:00 PM   #3
Mister Buds

Mister Buds's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Temp33t View Post
"Turn victory conditions to 1 and difficulty to Hard and work your way through all 11 maps. Can be a little bit luck based as sometimes your AI teammates will be killed (basically, whichever team gets the first kill wins), but if you squad spawn then two of you will be able to over-power an enemy bot easily enough."

All credits to SAZorlance for posting this here:http://www.trueachievements.com/a397...m?showguides=1

I haven't tried it myself yet but it should work.
hope it helps
thanks for posting that, man. i can't believe i never thought to check the solutions for the pc version of the game. i checked the 360 one but nobody had a solution up.

if i understand correctly, setting the victory conditions to 1 results in the match being over by whichever team gets the first kill. sounds really useful compared to having to battle it out for all 1,000 points like usual. i haven't seen that option anywhere though. i guess i'll have to look closer.

EDIT: just as i thought. there is nowhere to change the settings for the gametypes. i'm going to contact that guy, but as far as i can tell this does not work.

Last edited by Mister Buds; 07-20-2011 at 05:54 PM.
Mister Buds is offline   Reply With Quote