PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Resident Evil 4 HD
Subscribe    Donate

Old 07-14-2011, 05:44 PM   #1
Teh Paralyzer

New Paralyzer's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Achievement Guide

For a walkthrough of the game please follow wright3034s helpful tips
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...d.php?t=330586

*Currently being edited as requested*

Road Map by TVthePunisher

Overview:
- Estimated achievement difficulty: 5/10 (provided you use Ashley's Suit of Armor costume for Professional)
- Offline: 12 (1000)
- Approximate amount of time to 1000: 15-20 hours
- Minimum number of playthroughs needed: 3 (Professional is unlocked after completing the game once but 2nd playthrough will be Ada's campaign 3rd should be pro.)
- Number of missable achievements: 3 ("What are they worth?" "Do Not Shoot The Water" " A Terrifying Assassin")
- Do cheat codes disable achievements?: No cheats
- Does difficulty affect achievements: Yes ("A Heart of Steel") Easy mode (EU and JPN only) will not unlock Pro
- Glitchy achievements: N/A
- Unobtainable achievements: N/A

I listed it as 15-20 hours based on the casual gamer. If you run through maybe collecting less than 50% of the treasure, don't kill every single Ganado you see and only upgrade some of your weapons to max you can be done with your first playthrough in roughly 5-8 hours. If you take your time, that could reach MAYBE over 10. Regardless, you would then have to complete Seperate Ways which could take anywhere from 3-6 hours and THEN complete Professional mode afterwards.

Professional Mode is unlocked AFTER completing the story. (Easy Mode in the EU and JPN version will not unlock pro mode.) The games are different in each region* yet share the same list.

*German Version is missing Mercenaries and Assignment Ada however they aren't needed for achievements

-Play through the main game, unlocking the 8 story achievements (1 is tied to an easter egg) and try to knock out the "What Are They Worth?" achievement in this run.
-Play through Seperate Ways to unlock "S is for STYLISH!!" and obtain Ashley's Suit of Armor
-Play through Professional with Ashley in the suit of armor. Reasons that this is beneficial:

1.)Ashley is immune to all damage. There are VERY few ways to actually kill Ashley while she is in the armor and all of these are through exploits of in game sequences. I believe one of these is leaving her to be killed by the moving drill machine in Chapter 3 or 4 (I can't recall which)...but I may be wrong, it is possible she might actually just be pushed forward by the machine (like physically through the gate). Anyways, no enemy can hurt her and that's what counts in Professional. This includes El Gigante that attempt to pick her up and squeeze the life out of her, no damage will befall her (correct me if I'm wrong, of course).

2.)The suit of armor that she's wearing is EXTREMELY heavy. One of the main problems in the main game is when Ganados constantly try to carry her off, well this isn't possible anymore (especially during the sequence where you have to snipe Ganados going after her in the Castle). As soon as any ganado picks her up, they'll fall flat on their ass and drop Ashley immediately. In fact, you can stand back and watch as two Ganados constantly try to pick her up only to fail every time.

3.)You do not have to bother healing her, at all...this means that all health items you have on you can be saved for Leon only. This will help especially considering how few hits it takes to kill Leon in Professeional. In fact, you can virtually ignore her aside from puzzles. No longer do you have to hide her from enemies, worry if some are going after her...in fact, she acts as a strategic way to LURE enemies in so you can pick them off with your knife.

1) Start up Resident Evil 4 (Not on Easy) and Playthrough the game following the below solutions. It's all in a Story Order and make sure you earn Do No Shoot The Water! when you get to Del Lago.

2) When you see a Shooting Range play it. Earn all 6 bottle caps from the ranges and you earn some decent money. This can give you a little extra boost to the weapons you want.

3) After beating the game start up the next campaign Separate Ways

It Begins With a Ring 50
Ring the mysterious bell. What happens after that, is up to you.

-Story Related-

Chapter 1-1
During the Village battle near the start of the game you can run inside a building on your left hand side which will trigger a cutscene to Leon blocking the door and a Chainsaw guy will show up. Up stairs is a Shotgun which will aid you in survival. Just survive this until a bell rings in the distance.

Do Not Shoot the Water! 50
Summon the master of the lake. Don't rock the boat.

Chapter 1-3
The Boss fight with Del Lago. Do not start the fight by entering the boat. You can shoot the water a couple times to piss him off. He will come up and kill you doing so.

A Rock and a Hard Place 50
Outmaneuver the rampaging beast, El Gigante.

-Story Related-

Chapter 2-1
The fight with El Gigante. Shoot him until he drops then run up and hit the Action Button to Cut the parasite on his back. Depending on your mashing this may take 2 to 3 times.

Secure the Ballistics 50
Rescue the president's daughter, Ashley. Afterwards, the real fun begins.

-Story Related-

Chapter 2-1
When you rescue Ashley in the Church.

A Bloodline Severed 50
Defeat the village chief in battle.

-Story Related-

Chapter 2-3
At the end of this Chapter is a Boss Fight with the Village Chief. Use an Upgraded TMP to finish the job faster. He is close to death when he breaks in half.

A Terrifying Assassin 150
Turn the tables on Verdugo, the right hand of Salazar.

Chapter 4-1
The fight with Verdugo. This enemy can be avoided but you're going to want to stay and kill him. When he gets close to a liquid nitrogen tank you can knock it over to freeze him. This will buy you time to unload on him. If you have a Rocket Launcher you can kill him in 1 hit if he is frozen.

The Castellan Falls 50
Defeat Salazar, and make your escape from the castle.

-Story Related-

Chapter 4-4
Like it says this is earned by Defeating Salazar in the Castle. Stay to the far right to avoid the tentacle. If you run out of Ammo check the bottom floor.

The Ties That Bind 50
Defeat Krauser, your former partner, in battle.

-Story Related-

Chapter 5-3
The Knife actually hurts him the most. When you get a good chance to get a few knife hits in go for it. Makes the battle end a lot sooner.

4th Person to 1K DDR Universe on X360A... on my old gamertag

Last edited by Teh Paralyzer; 10-23-2011 at 01:37 AM.
Teh Paralyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 05:48 PM   #2
Teh Paralyzer

We're Going Home 100
Defeat Saddler in battle, and escape from the nightmare.

-Story Related-

Chapter 6-1
The fight with Saddler can be quite annoying but it isn't the hardest of the game. Pay attention to his movements and shoot his eye when it's open. When he hits the floor you can run up and stab his eye in a sequence or use a Magnum shot to the eye to do some nice damage. Use the cranes around the area to save ammo.

When Ada throws Leon the Special Rocket Launcher use that to put the final blow on this guy.

A Heart of Steel150
Clear the game on the highest difficulty.

This is earned by finishing the game on Professional. Select COSTUME 2 for Ashley to have on her Suit of Armor. This makes Ashley invincible so you never have to worry about her dying during your Pro run.

PRO Tip: If an enemy is about to grab you from the front Quick Turn to get grabbed in the back and avoid damage.

PRO Tip 2: A green Open on a door means it will grant you a checkpoint. You can force checkpoints in rooms and kill as many enemies as you want and leave. They do not respawn and you can give yourself breathing room.

PRO Tip 3: If the Merchant dies he won"t come back

The achievement unlocks when you are awarded the Special Weapons.

What Are They Worth?150
Acquire all of the bottle caps in the game.

As you progress through the game you will find blue doors with weapons on them. They are near Merchants. There are 5 in all but visting all 5 is not required. You may enter the last shooting range and earn all bottle caps. Below is a list over requirements. There are 24 bottle caps in all.

3 are located in the Castle and another is located on the Island (near a hallway with enemies constantly throwing TNT) and you can find another near the end of the game can't miss it.

Easy tip: Every Game Type (A,B,C,D) Try to hit all 25 targets first then after that just score above 3000 and you will unlock them all eventually. Hitting 5 Targets in a row will earn you a bonus target.

All Unlockable Bottle Caps
Ada Wong
Score 4000 or more on Game Type A. Alternately, hit all of the targets on Game Type A
Ashley Graham
Score 3000 or more on Game Type A
Bella Sisters
Score 4000 or more on Game Type B. Alternately, hit all of the targets on Game Type B
Don Diego
Score 3000 or more on Game Type B
Don Esteban
Don Jose
Don Manuel
Don Pedro
Score 4000 or more on Game Type C. Alternately, hit all of the targets on Game Type C
Dr. Salvador
Isabel
3000 or more points in Game D.
J.J.
4000 or more points in Game D. Hit all targest in Game D except Ashley.
Leader Zealot
Score 3000 or more on Game Type C
Leon with Handgun
Leon with Rocket Launcher
Leon with Shotgun
Luis Sera
Maria
Merchant
Soldier w/ dynamite,Soldier w/ hammer,Soldier w/ stun-rod
Zealot with Bowgun,Zealot with Scythe,Zealot with Shield

The S Stands for Stylish!!100
Acquire all of the costumes in the game.

Beating game will earn you COSTUME 1 (RPD and Night club) also Ada gets a new outfit.

Finishing Separate Ways (Ada's Campaign which is unlocked by beating the game once) will earn you COSTUME 2 (Gangster and Suit of Armor)

Last edited by Teh Paralyzer; 10-10-2011 at 09:58 PM.
Old 07-14-2011, 06:17 PM   #3
Leon McLane

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
1) first 9 achievements are story-releated achievements.
2) To unlock all costumes we need to complete the main game AND "Separate Ways"
3) finish the game on the highest possible level - the best way to do this is to select knight costume for Ashley and play easily without being worry abou her.
4) To unlock all figures - comlete shooting on the Tirs with best rating.
5) That's all

Xbox Gamercards
Leon McLane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 06:19 PM   #4
Teh Paralyzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon McLane View Post
3) finish the game on the highest possible level - the best way to do this is to select knight costume for Ashley and play easily without being worry abou her.
5) That's all

Xbox Gamercards

Thats basically what I was going to say haha. Easy game if the bottle caps aren't to much trouble for some.

I can't believe the Hand Cannon is not an achievement. THANK GOD! I hated doing that.

Old 07-14-2011, 10:17 PM   #5
Raider

Raider1987's Gamercard
Playing the game on easy lets you replay with the Chicago typewriter did't it, basically a machine gun with infinite ammo. Should make doing hard, VERY easy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyanideBreathMint View Post
Toilet seat covers are simply too thin and you risk digitally raping yourself if you wipe too hard. That doesn't sound like a fun end to my day.
Raider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 11:28 PM   #6
L0cke89

Send a message via ICQ to L0cke89 Send a message via MSN to L0cke89

L0cke89's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Silver   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Going to Professional straight is the only challange fpr the 1000. Though it would only take me about 2-3 hours to beat it on easy and then just rape professional ;D

Man, I can't wait to play this. Jope they include speed run leaderboards, that WON'T get hacked >.>

1st on x360a to 200/200 Bastion and 400/400 THPS:HD
L0cke89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 11:32 PM   #7
Teh Paralyzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider View Post
Playing the game on easy lets you replay with the Chicago typewriter did't it, basically a machine gun with infinite ammo. Should make doing hard, VERY easy.
If I remember correctly you cannot carry over guns to a harder playthrough as in No typewriter for first pro run.

Old 10-03-2011, 12:42 AM   #8
xXImSoBalzyXx

xximsobalzyxx's Gamercard
Nice guide.

http://www.youtube.com/user/xXImSoBalzyXx
I do let's plays and stuff. Don't hate. Any tips would be great!
xXImSoBalzyXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 11:53 AM   #9
Leon McLane

you are right. Thanks God. Because to get this f***ing gun is very HARD.
Old 07-20-2011, 11:54 AM   #10
Leon McLane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh Paralyzer View Post
Thats basically what I was going to say haha. Easy game if the bottle caps aren't to much trouble for some.

I can't believe the Hand Cannon is not an achievement. THANK GOD! I hated doing that.
you are right. Thanks God. Because to get this f***ing gun is very HARD.
Old 07-21-2011, 05:20 AM   #11
Mr Yac

Mr Yac's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
is mercenaries mode even in, seems odd to me there wouldn't be a single achievment tied to it
Mr Yac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 01:54 AM   #12
Daniel55645

Send a message via Yahoo to Daniel55645

daniel55645's Gamercard
will def be an easy 1000, code veronica will be a bit difficult but should be able to still get it

50 100% Retail: 6/15/11 (Rango)
100 100% Retail: 4/6/12 (NCIS)
150 100% Retail: 7/29/13 (Skylanders: Spyro)

Xbox 360 1000/1000: 172
Xbox One 1000/1000: 7

Daniel55645 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 07:48 AM   #13
sera07

Sera07's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel55645 View Post
will def be an easy 1000, code veronica will be a bit difficult but should be able to still get it
Yeah, but I still couldn't get pass professional on RE5 by myself

Currently:
PS3: Soul Calibur V casual play as α Patroklos
- Mobbing up games for 100%, platinum -
sera07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 09:57 PM   #14
Jack Pumpkinhed

jack pumpkinhed's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by sera07 View Post
Yeah, but I still couldn't get pass professional on RE5 by myself
Not that this is the RE5 forum or anything, but get the infinite rocket launcher in RE5 and blow everything up. My pro run took less time than my normal run

OT: This game will be a cakewalk. Even the shooting range isn't horrible. I remember it being easiest with the pistol/rifle. Also if you get a streak in shooting the Salazar token goes by in the background and gives a ton of points when shot.

Jack Pumpkinhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 04:51 PM   #15
Daniel55645

daniel55645's Gamercard
Quote:
5) That's all

Xbox Gamercards
What is seperate ways and how do i get the bottle caps.
Been a long time since i played this game and dont remember

Old 09-20-2011, 05:12 PM   #16
JuSt BLaZe

BLAZE VII's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Diamond   5,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Gold   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel55645 View Post
What is seperate ways and how do i get the bottle caps.
Been a long time since i played this game and dont remember
Seperate Ways is a seperate game/scenario (not as long as the main-game) with the playable character ADA WONG.

Bottle Caps are like the figures in Resident Evil 5 that you can earn by winning the highscore @ the shooting-range in the game.
Old 09-20-2011, 05:14 PM   #17
Daniel55645

daniel55645's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuSt BLaZe View Post
Seperate Ways is a seperate game/scenario (not as long as the main-game) with the playable character ADA WONG.

Bottle Caps are like the figures in Resident Evil 5 that you can earn by winning the highscore @ the shooting-range in the game.
are the shooting ranges through out the game or is it a seperate thing all together

Old 09-21-2011, 07:19 PM   #18
Lee71

fatsponge's Gamercard
Quote:
5) That's all

Xbox Gamercards
So, I don't have to shot all the blue medallions?
Lee71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 07:55 PM   #19
JuSt BLaZe

BLAZE VII's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Diamond   5,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Gold   Donator - Level 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee71 View Post
No it's just for a free bonus weapon @ the merchant. A gun called PUNISHER.
Old 09-21-2011, 07:58 PM   #20
Teh Paralyzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee71 View Post

No, you need to shoot 10 to get the Punisher free and early. 15 earns nothing.

Old 09-22-2011, 04:07 AM   #21
Cyano Khaar

cyano khaar's Gamercard
Quote:
No, you need to shoot 10 to get the Punisher free and early. 15 earns nothing.
Actually, if you get all 15 you get the Punisher with the first firepower upgrade. 10 just gets you the gun without any upgrades.
Cyano Khaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 05:18 PM   #22
Dead Giveaway

CollapseControl's Gamercard
Quote:

What Are They Worth?150

Easy tip: Every Game Type (A,B,C,D) Try to hit all 25 targets first then after that just score above 3000 and you will unlock them all eventually. Hitting 5 Targets in a row will earn you a bonus target.

All Unlockable Bottle Caps
I don't understand this tip, could anyone elaborate a little?

When we hit all 25 the game is over, so I don't understand this.

How exactly does the scoring work?
Dead Giveaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 05:47 PM   #23
Teh Paralyzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead Giveaway View Post
I don't understand this tip, could anyone elaborate a little?

When we hit all 25 the game is over, so I don't understand this.

How exactly does the scoring work?
Scoring 3000 points earns you a bottle cap. Getting head shots are worth extra points and shooting 5 in a row without missing adds a chance for a bonus.

Example for all game types

1st game: Shoot all targets = Bottle Cap

2nd game: Earn 3000 points= Bottle Cap

3rd game: Earn 3000 points= Bottle Cap

4th game: Earn 3000 points= Bottle Cap

5th game: Earn 3000 points= Bottle Cap

6th game: Earn 3000 points= Bottle Cap

Now we switch to game B and so on.

You don't have to hit all 25 on the 1st game it's just recommended you do so.

Old 10-08-2011, 11:52 AM   #24
k1lls1gn

k1lls1gn's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Gold   1,000 Posts
Tips for the rookies:

If you are trying to get the bottle caps, use the TMP. I got them on my normal run through with just my hand gun and it was very difficult, I got them again on my pro run through just so I could get that extra gold and I used the TMP and got all of them within 30 minutes. Don't necessarily worry about headshots... instead, focus on being accurate and hitting 5 in a row so you can get that bonus target, for those of you that don't know, the bonus target is the little lamp that moves across the gallery in the back and if you hit it, it explodes and gives you 500 points, it is possible to hit that with 1 shot and then hit 4 more targets to get a shot at another bonus target.

For those of you that are getting ready to start proffesional, don't worry too much about it as it's not so much harder than normal difficulty... Sure there are difficult parts on pro, but there do able. The hardest part for me was fighting Verdugo in the sewers... You can kill him but it's a challenge on pro, if you have trouble with him, weaken him as much as you can then avoid him until you can use the elevator and then get out of there, the chapter will end and will leave you the impression that you can't kill him.... Don't be fooled by this as you can simply by a rocket launcher from the merchant and take that lift back up and finish him off. I would recommend killing him as he drops a peice to the Salazar family crown which can be combined with another peice found later in the game and sold to the merchant for 48,000.

ALWAYS use your knife on Pro mode, ESPECIALLY when you fight Krasuer, the knife is a great weapon if not the best weapon to use on him, as far as enemys go.. shoot there legs out and knife them when there on the ground, if enemies are grouped together, shoot them all to the ground and knife them on the ground as a group. To kill Krauser with the knife, he will try and attack you and you will have to press either LT and RT together or X and A together to dodge his attack, if he misses he will summersault and do some kind of flip and get away from you, this is when you move in and when he lands on the ground this is when you want to knife him about 3 or 4 times. There will be times when he casually walks up to you and is getting ready to hit you, if you already have your knife out and swing at him when he gets by you, he will get hurt and probably drop to one knee as he does that when he gets heavily damaged, move in on him when he does this. When he's stalking you and throwing grenades/ shooting at you, the knife IS the best weapon to use here.

Upgrading the basic Handgun is very good to do, it saves you money and when you get the exclusive for it, you get a x5 more critical chance of getting a perfect headshot, meaning your more than likely going to get a 1 hit headshot on your first shot, and this to me makes the regular handgun the best in the game just because of the exlcusive, and having this on Proffesional makes a big difference and saves you ammo that you will need later in the game. The Blacktail is a good handgun to have as well, it holds alot of ammo the capacity is high, the firepower is good but the exclusive isn't as good as the normal Handgun, stick with the basic pistol... the exclusive is worth it.

I'm thinking about creating a guide for The Mercenaries, a game mode where you must fight numerous enemies in a limited amount with certain weapons. There are 4 levels in total and you must get atleast a 4 star (30,000 points) on each level to unlock a new character, you start as Leon, then you unlock Ada, then Krauser, then HUNK, and finally Wesker. Get a 5 star (60,000 points) with all 5 characters on all 4 maps and you will unlock one of the most powerful weapons in the game called the HandCannon.

Hope this helped a few people, Resident Evil 4 is one of my favorite games of all time and I know it like the back of my hand.

Last edited by k1lls1gn; 10-08-2011 at 08:54 PM.
k1lls1gn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 01:28 PM   #25
Sesing

IIIIIIIIIIIIIII's Gamercard
For the Costume unlock Achievement, can I finish Adas Missions on Easy and get the Costume for the Achievement or do I need to play Adas Missions in Normal?

Easy would be better to get the Achievement a little faster.
Old 10-09-2011, 02:30 AM   #26
Teh Paralyzer

Well it's how I managed to get the bottle caps and all the guides online say 3000. Did you hit all the targets? It could be you had all 3000 bottle caps and needed the 25 (alt. 4000) point bottle cap.

To the question about Costumes.

I know you have to beat separate ways but difficulty wise I can't answer that as I have US version which has no easy mode. Can anyone confirm this question?

Old 10-28-2011, 10:49 PM   #27
Lord of Fate

Liquid N2's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Quote:
What Are They Worth?150

As you progress through the game you will find blue doors with weapons on them. They are near Merchants. There are 5 in all but visting all 5 is not required. You may enter the last shooting range and earn all bottle caps. Below is a list over requirements. There are 24 bottle caps in all.

3 are located in the Castle and another is located on the Island (near a hallway with enemies constantly throwing TNT) and you can find another near the end of the game can't miss it.
Aren't there just 4 shooting galleries? One for each row of bottle caps and game type? (3-1, 4-1, 4-2, 5-2) http://residentevil.wikia.com/Shooting_Range
Old 11-02-2011, 12:04 AM   #28
Teh Paralyzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Fate View Post
Aren't there just 4 shooting galleries? One for each row of bottle caps and game type? (3-1, 4-1, 4-2, 5-2) http://residentevil.wikia.com/Shooting_Range
No, there are 5. At least in HD version anyways.

You only need to visit 4

Old 11-12-2011, 06:11 PM   #29
AntMervJones25

AntMervJones25's Gamercard
Made the game the game so much easier. Great guide
Old 07-15-2011, 09:05 AM   #30
Gor1lla

gor1lla the one's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Submit - Gold
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Bell Achievement:
Personally i don't think that you are right, because Leon doesnt ring it. So its either SOMEONE ELSE (no spoiler ) or they mean the bell you shoot where you get loads of ammo and money (i think it was in the church)
Also the "chainsaw guy" is named Dr. Salvador

Del Lago:
Same as above, when you look at the achievement name it is clear, that you have to shoot at the water a few times to summon him. I believe that they mean this and not killing him

Verdugo:
Collect the RPG a few chapters before and keep it. Freeze him with the tanks to triple the damage and use the RPG - One Hit

Krauser:
It helps to knife his knees to make him go down, i know that it is not the actual battle (in the ruins), but that part is much harder

Saddler:
Use the crane to make him kneel at the end you can decide if you want to use the "special weapon", if not it can be transferred to a new game+

Also you should add the "unmissable, because its part of the story" thing in the achievement descriptions

Third in Germany to 1000 Batman: AA
First in Germany to 1000 Batman: AC
Gor1lla is offline   Reply With Quote