PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Deadly Premonition
Subscribe    Donate

Old 08-15-2011, 02:24 PM   #1
Nutty Scouser

Nutty Scouser's Gamercard
Arrow Worst game ever...

How can they justify in puting this on the shelves its truly awful, I Thought games get tested the controls are worst on a game i ever seen.....

This is the biggest pile of crap ive seen king kong has now slipped to 2nd worst xbox game of all time
Nutty Scouser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 05:28 PM   #2
ShinobiSteve81

shinobisteve81's Gamercard
So lemme guess, you're one of those people that got turned off by the controls and didn't even play too far in, yes? As people have stated before, controls are kinda like oldschool RE/Silent Hill-y games, so if you never had to deal with those before back on the PS1, I'm sorry. I just got this game yesterday, and once getting used to the controls, I'm liking how the story is playing out. I feel like I'm playing a Twin Peaks videogame, with some Silent Hill creepy monsters to shoot. And that to me, is awesome. Go find another game to get an easy 1K on since apparently that's all you're looking for if comparing it to King Kong, and that's all I know people use that game for.

ShinobiSteve81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 10:49 PM   #3
Nutty Scouser

Nutty Scouser's Gamercard
comparing to kingkong as one of the worst - graphics terrible - controls terrible - i guess no doubt this would of been a great if they put some effort into it.............
Nutty Scouser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 03:13 PM   #4
ShinobiSteve81

And again, you only mention graphics and controls...if you bothered to play it for more than 10 minutes (which obviously you didn't since you don't even have 1 achievement in it), you might have started to like it. Go wave your arms some more at the Kinect instead, and don't complain about this game.

Old 08-17-2011, 09:30 AM   #5
brettsk8

Send a message via MSN to brettsk8

Brettsk8's Gamercard
I have to agree with shinobiesteve.. Deadly Premonition has easily become one of my all time favorite games because of the story.. yes the controls are terrible, and things could have been done ALOT better. BUT if you actually give the game a chance past the prologue you may actually find yourself loving the game as I do. Ill admit I almost returned the game within the first hour of playing it, but I got past the prologue played abit more and found myself beating the 40+hour game the very next day. The story is one of the best... so says Mr. Stuart...
brettsk8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 10:19 AM   #6
NightReflection

Nightreflection's Gamercard
Ahhh another inexperienced gamer who clearly is only bothered about "graphics".

Im not being funny but a game isnt just based on "graphics" or "controls"

A game is based on Storylines, Backstory, Graphics, Controls, Characters, Music, World/Level Design, Puzzles, Items, Side Missions, Writing Dialogue, General Enjoyment.

As you can see a game is based on a hell of a lot more than what your pissing on it for.

I agree the graphics a "pre-dated" and the controls are not the best, but if you manage to actually play the game and give it a chance (even further than the first 10 minutes that the Prologue takes) you will see that the rest of the basics noted above are all brilliantly integrated within this game, hence why it has won Game of the Year Awards and is highly rated by a lot of gamers that play games for what they are!

Sorry for the rant but im sick of people complaining about a game when they dont even get the logistics of it or play a game long enough to give it a chance!

What makes your rant complete bollocks is that you havent even put the game into your console as your gamerscore notes that the game has "not been played"

Always looking to boost achievements , just send me a friend request @ Nightreflection. If you see me asking for help on here please feel free to take a look at my gamercard to see what games i have that i may be able to help you with!!

Last edited by NightReflection; 08-17-2011 at 10:22 AM.
NightReflection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 07:32 PM   #7
soliunasm

soliunasm's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutty Scouser View Post
This is the biggest pile of crap ive seen king kong has now slipped to 2nd worst xbox game of all time
So what's the first one? It's obviously not Deadly Premonition.
Old 09-21-2011, 03:20 PM   #8
OutlawedAngel

OutlawedAngel's Gamercard
See this really bothers me, i am all for slating a game when it deserves it, but blaming controls and graphics i think is wrong. I have deffended this game before, and i will do so again. This game is out there sprawled over the net as being "shit" or "good" depending on those who have played it. Therefore the fact that you obviously knew of these issues you still wnet it bought, and lets face it it was probably a steal, considering its retail price was only 20 when it first came out therefore im reckoning you cna probably get it cheaper than that now.
So yeah the graphics, well i'm sorry but in my opinion graphics don't make a game. Sure HD looks awsome, and yeah some games such as Alan Wake, or GTAIV just look awe inspiring. However Deadly Premonition brings the elements of what makes a good game to the table. The story is well written, with plenty of twists and turns, and the humerous moments that give the gamer a snigger. Yes some of the voice acting is down right terrible, but i feel that the main cast all deliver believable characters.
If you are of the persuasion that graphics make a game, then you are the problem with games today my friend. So many turds are put out on the shelfs for us to buy, and they score high grades because they look pretty etc.... examples of this would be final fantasy XIII, or L.A.Noire - the amount of people who went on about the motion capture thing on L.A.Noire - yeah was ground breaking but that game was tedious and repetitive it had sucked all of the fun out of the sandbox genre in my opinion. Now everyone is open to there opinion, i'm just fed up of people slating this game over the same reasons, graphics and controls.
If you want to slate it, play it first, at least for the first couple of chapters then slate it. I have earned the right to slate FFXIII as i got through that entire game - i still have mop up cheevs to do, but i hate it as it aint a final fantasy game to me, and L.A.Noire i'm bout 60% through, and i enjoyed it at first, but as i say it became tedious and repetive and its graphics and motion capture couldn't save it for me.
Also i'm unsure how old you are, but as someone said earlier PS1 games, i am a gamer through and through, i enjoy classic retro games such as Sonic and Mario, and while the sprites look shit compared to todays graphics i appreciate them for what they are. My all time favourite game is Chrono Trigger, a 16 bit gem, and Deadly Premonition didn't have the budget of some of the bigger games, but the developers provided an entertaining and fun game for those who are willing to put bias and prejudiced ideas aside and just give it a shot.

Eddie.
OutlawedAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 03:32 PM   #9
xGenokx

xgenokx's Gamercard
A gem of a title

I picked this game up quite awhile ago for $20 brand new, not having done any research on the title at all. I played this game while my Fiance watched, and it actually turned out to be an enjoyable title. Some parts of the game were very laughable, and reminded us of a B horror film. The controls might be a clunky, and the graphics may have been a little dated, but you should never let one or both of those things deter you from what could be a great experience.

I have heard that they are making an updated version of this game, and the possibility of a prequel if I recall.
xGenokx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 08:25 PM   #10
Baihu1983

Baihu1983's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Love this game, if it had better graphics and tighter controls with the shooting it would be one of the best games ever.
Its one of the best games this gen. Great story and characters.

3rd November 2012 - Joined the 100K club

IF YOU SEND ME A FRIEND REQUEST OVER LIVE PLEASE ALSO SEND A MESSAGE SAYING WHY.

Raptar
Voice

Baihu1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 03:11 PM   #11
ShinobiSteve81

At the last boss fight on my first playthrough (Dead Island took up alot of my time in the past month), and the story has just gotten better and frickin crazier! Will def. play again after I beat it on another difficulty, and work on the sidequests to get all of the cards.

Old 09-25-2013, 12:29 AM   #12
FestiveCoder

Deathwarrior956's Gamercard
They're gonna be doing a re-mastered version on steam, known as the Directors cut version, enhanced graphics all that stuff.
FestiveCoder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 09:01 PM   #13
Young Tobias

Young Tobias's Gamercard
Deadly Premonition > Heavy Rain. Without question. One is engaging, memorable, has a consistent story with logical plot twists and characters that you care about, let down by bad presentation. The other has nice graphics and a moody soundtrack to disguise it complete lack of original ideas and utterly inconsistent and hole-filled story.
Young Tobias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 08:44 PM   #14
jetman uk

jetman uk's Gamercard
I guess gaming is all about opinions, but I absolutely loved this game!

I had heard how bad the controls were, but after the first half hour, which I admit is pretty jarring and a step back in time, I didnt have a problem. The no movement when shooting/reloading added tension and I just forgot about the controls.

The graphics, though very poor in the driving sections are acceptable in the buildings. The sound is brilliant! I love the quirky innappropriate tunes and too loud levels. Its just a fun and funny game.

People who gave up, you missed a game that is one of the best of this generation. Go back and give it another go!
jetman uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 12:54 AM   #15
The Bum-Mobile

Mr Shenanigans's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I think what you meant to say was, "This is one of the best games ever."

The Bum-Mobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 09:30 AM   #16
Beardyboo

VC OF THE NFE's Gamercard
I've had this sitting in my collection for awhile and I have to admit, I was one of those that did the prologue and gave up. But, the other day I decided to pull it out again and I am glad I did! Almost finished chapter One (am at scene 6 now). Got a bit bored as I was tired and it was late last night so decided to go fishing (in the game) That was funny as I have to say. Then I went to sleep and got up early to get some breakfast. After that it was some off-roading then off to the vending machine to get some smokes. How many games can you do all that in?

Cant wait for a sequel (Gotta finish this one first!)
Beardyboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 07:43 PM   #17
ChandToku

ChandToku's Gamercard
Controls and graphics do not define this game. The story was wonderful and unique, and tbh, I may be one of the few who actually really enjoyed the voice acting.
ChandToku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 07:08 PM   #18
XxWonderSlugXx

xxwonderslugxx's Gamercard
Seriously?

Is this game seriously good? I've seen so many people play it but I've had mixed feeling of getting it myself, although I have looked at some of the gameplay, the game itself looks underdeveloped but I could be totally surprised by the gameplay value. c: I'd like a well rounded opinion about this game.
XxWonderSlugXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 09:22 PM   #19
Jack Frost

MEETSP1NNER's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Silver   Staff Club - rekikire   Knife in the Dark Challenge Club - Tier 1   Artist of the Month   Community Gaming - Bronze   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 2   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Micro Guide - Bronze   Over Achiever - Silver   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 10 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxWonderSlugXx View Post
Is this game seriously good? I've seen so many people play it but I've had mixed feeling of getting it myself, although I have looked at some of the gameplay, the game itself looks underdeveloped but I could be totally surprised by the gameplay value. c: I'd like a well rounded opinion about this game.
Quite honestly, whether or not you'll like this game really boils down to what kind of games you enjoy. If you, like the OP, tend to like military shooters, then this game is not for you.

If, however, you enjoy games that are a little quirky, have unique flavor in characters and writing and are willing to work with some admittedly clunky but manageable controls, then check this game out.

The story in this game is excellent and I guarantee you will not be able to guess the ending.

At some point, I still need to finish it on normal and hard for the last 2 cheevos...
Jack Frost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 02:08 AM   #20
FrozenRaptorz
Banned User

FrozenRaptorz's Gamercard
Garbage controls.
But there are worse games out there.
FrozenRaptorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 04:50 AM   #21
Stifler4Life

Stifler4Life's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - * Clueless *   Staff Club - AOS Puck   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
This is one of those games that you either love or hate. Personally this little title became my all-time favorite game over the course of my first playthrough and I've yet to start a second one to follow it because of the large impact it had on me as a gamer and as a person.

Controls being ass aside, it's still the most wonderfully awful video game I've ever had the pleasure of playing and if you're on the fence about picking it up then just do it.

If you look past the minor issues, the game is an absolute gem. It's an emotional trainride to Hell and back and it changed my outlook on life so much, right Zach?

Stifler4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 09:28 PM   #22
WOLVES R SWEET

WOLFrostBITE's Gamercard
i have to agree with you it's by far my favorite game of all time
WOLVES R SWEET is offline   Reply With Quote