PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Fighting > Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection
Subscribe    Donate

Old 08-31-2011, 05:24 AM   #1
The Stray

NeoStrayCat's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Submit - Gold   Achievement Guide - Silver   Road Map - Bronze
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Official Bitching Thread!

Well, if you have any issues like the game is hard or whatever, you've come to the right place, so rant about the game if you need to.

Sig by Setsuna

Last edited by The Stray; 08-31-2011 at 05:03 PM.
The Stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 07:47 AM   #2
ChArG1nMaLAZ0R

ChArG1nMaLAZ0R's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Who the hell would bitch about mortal komabat.

Redundant thread alert
AVP

Arcade Games Boosting
splosion man
metal slug 3 & dx
ChArG1nMaLAZ0R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 12:15 PM   #3
Ayx

ayxism's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChArG1nMaLAZ0R View Post
Who the hell would bitch about mortal komabat.

Redundant thread alert
Because they said it was "Perfect Arcade Ports" yet in UMK3 you can't insert Kombat Kodes before the game? SMH. All those fantasies of reliving Random Kombat is gone.

Is it me or does the game sound so quiet? I was hoping to blast MK2's Dead Pool music when it popped up.

Oh, and the lag is terrible Online. It's like playing in Slow-Mo.

Thank God MK I saves the UMK3 butthurtness for me, Johnny Cage's victory pose is too bad ass.

i r guy. || XBLA & Fighting Game addict.
Ayx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 12:45 PM   #4
GSTAR321

GSTAR321's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayx View Post
Because they said it was "Perfect Arcade Ports" yet in UMK3 you can't insert Kombat Kodes before the game? SMH. All those fantasies of reliving Random Kombat is gone.

Is it me or does the game sound so quiet? I was hoping to blast MK2's Dead Pool music when it popped up.

Thank God MK I saves the UMK3 butthurtness for me, Johnny Cage's victory pose is too bad ass.

I agree that the background music is quite low in MK2.

I also experience a little bit of 'sound lag' in MK2 aswell when punches hit/bodies hit the floor etc ...

Im a little dissapointed with the quality of these ports.
GSTAR321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 01:30 PM   #5
neosman8

Liam Rising's Gamercard
goro on mk1 hes so cheap every time i try to attack hes just grabs me then when i get up before i can do anything he grabs me again and again hes so cheap why couldnt they make it a fair fight

sonic adventure 2: battle HD
neosman8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 01:34 PM   #6
SkyJin

SkyJin's Gamercard
How do you beat Shang Tsung in MK1? This is ridiculous! I'm playing on Very Easy. And this guy is going ape shit on me!

SkyJin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 02:10 PM   #7
N3gative Cr33p

N3gative Cr33p's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSTAR321 View Post
Im a little dissapointed with the quality of these ports.
Precisely the reason why I'm glad the wife and I "invested" in an MK1 and MK2 arcade cabinet a few years back.

We both loooooooooove Mortal Kombat!
Old 05-20-2013, 08:03 PM   #8
niko da bos

asari command0's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
I was having fun playing the Arcade Kollection until i reached mk2.. The only thing that got me through that game was Kitana, i had forgotten how overpowered she was back then. But the AI in Mk2 was just so cheap, IMO i just felt like the computer was watching my controller every match. It gets to the point where they stand there and dare you to do something, instant counter.

Possibly the worst was Jade on Umk3, that anti-projectile move just gets activated every time you throw something (not to mention she does this while running forward and doing that damned 40% combo for a ridiculous punish). The best strategy is to just bait them and react / counter, but i get too frustrated most the time lol. end rant/
niko da bos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 01:34 PM   #9
GDMFS0AB

Mad Hectic's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayx View Post

Luckily i have ULTMK3 for the xbox But you are correct.

Does anyone want to bash out the flawless online and wins - Its waaaay to laggy and unplayable to try get it legit!

GT: mad hectic - send me a message and we can get it done.
GDMFS0AB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 07:26 PM   #10
Darkforce412

darkforce412's Gamercard
for some strange reason ever mortal kombat game im decent in but i just cant play well in mortal kombat 1 i dont know i even tried the trails and set it to very easy and still cant beat it and when i switched it to very east i didnt notice a difference its like its back to normal again maybe i just suck at this i dont know.
Old 08-31-2011, 08:01 PM   #11
Fang Foom

Fang Foom's Gamercard
LOVE IT.

However, after almost destroying my controller trying to beat Goro, finding Tsung morphing into Goro every 2 seconds made me want to fatality myself..
Fang Foom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 08:13 PM   #12
Xx Duuuke xX

xx duuuke xx's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
I'm with u fang foom, i love it but after about 3 hours in MK2 the achievement didn't pop which kinda sucks
Also the double flawless is a bit frustrating
Xx Duuuke xX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 08:16 PM   #13
Fang Foom

Fang Foom's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xx Duuuke xX View Post
I'm with u fang foom, i love it but after about 3 hours in MK2 the achievement didn't pop which kinda sucks
Also the double flawless is a bit frustrating

Yeahhhh just beat Tsung. Took me ages to do MK1 (Im rubbish but I enjoy it) but no achievement..guess ill try again..in a few months time

I need to lie down right now.
Fang Foom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 09:59 PM   #14
X Hoosun X

x hoosun x's Gamercard
How Did you beat kintaro? I'm really struggiling at the moment

I Managed to beat MK1 And UMK3 so if anyone has questions regarding a boss/Achievements i'll try my best
X Hoosun X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 10:14 PM   #15
shockerizgod

Send a message via AIM to shockerizgod Send a message via MSN to shockerizgod Send a message via Skype™ to shockerizgod

EnVy Trilogy's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by X Hoosun X View Post
How Did you beat kintaro? I'm really struggiling at the moment

I Managed to beat MK1 And UMK3 so if anyone has questions regarding a boss/Achievements i'll try my best
any tips on beating the comps?? lol seem to spam a lot

GT envy trilogy
Twitter & Instagram ChrisTrilogy
http://www.twitch.tv/christrilogy
shockerizgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 10:25 AM   #16
mavryk

Mav Ryk 1's Gamercard
This game is a freakin mess,are we expected to believe they can add difficulties(supposedly!) and mess with the sound and kombat codes but they cant tweak the AI,my arse,never buying another arcade port especially not a fighting(HAH cheating more like) game,been trying to do mk2 for months and cant even get 1 round against shang tsung,not tried mk3 but it was always shit,another game destroys my fond memories like the shitty sf turbo port.Anyone thinking about buying these cash milkers dont bother,they are only there to steal money and make you angry.Unless you are actually a machine and have an arcade stick its pointless you may as well burn money and punch yourself in the face.Worst game since rise of the robots.
mavryk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 06:23 AM   #17
BobbyTastic

Send a message via AIM to BobbyTastic Send a message via MSN to BobbyTastic Send a message via Yahoo to BobbyTastic Send a message via Skype™ to BobbyTastic

BobbyTastic's Gamercard
Gonna echo what most people have said, the AI in this game is barely scaled at all, it was a lazy port of an arcade game meant to frustrate you and eat your quarters. Surprisingly, UMK3 gave me the most difficulty because of Shao Khan (even more so than Kintarou), because I was unable to use the awesomeness that is Baraka's Blade Charge. Motaro was a joke though and most of the other opponents weren't too bad (except for maybe Jade, since I was using Sub-Zero).

Even MK1 was relatively fair in comparison to UMK3 Shao Khan, and most of MK2 (if you're not using Baraka spam or a turbo controller). Anyways, I just wanted to bitch since this is officially one of maybe two or three games (another being MK9 ironically) that has caused me to throw my controller hard at an object (a couch, I have more sense than throwing it at a TV).

Can't imagine how awful this game was BEFORE the patch (I only played MK1 pre-patch, and quit when the achievement didn't pop) especially for people who bought Day One for $10, you poor things. It's sad that the people who waited months for a 50% off sale were the ones who got a patch a week or two later, wouldn't be surprised if the patch was put in to get more money instead of helping out the original purchasers.

100% List (12 Games):

Aegis Wing (200), Assassin's Creed (1000), Beyond Good & Evil HD (200), Costume Quest (250), Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection (200), Naruto: UNS2 (1000), Naruto: UNSG (1000), Scott Pilgrim (250?), SoulCalibur (200), Spider-Man: Web of Shadows (1000), Stacking (250), X-Men Arcade (200)

BobbyTastic is offline   Reply With Quote