PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Gears of War 3
Subscribe    Donate

Old 09-22-2011, 04:00 PM   #1
Mister Buds

Mister Buds's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Could somebody explain these new horde features?

silverbacks and turrets... i keep seeing people in public matches getting them, but how? i see that there are tiers, like in beast mode, do they come from there? if so, how do you level them up? it's clearly not by points because i've made over 25,000 and still only been on the second tier while one guy, at 21,000 had a silverback.
Mister Buds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 04:02 PM   #2
kohlerxxx

kohlerxxx's Gamercard
as you buy each thing you are able to upgrade them, then you start getting higher tiers
kohlerxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 04:16 PM   #3
Tromav

Crysonic 420's Gamercard
It's related to how much you spend on fortifications, you can check how to unlock new tiers and upgrades in the horde stats menu.
Tromav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 06:19 PM   #4
13ip0lar

Zweipolig's Gamercard

So just to clarify it's how much you spend cumulatively, not how much you spend in one match? Meaning if you want to unlock things like the Silverback you just need to keep playing horde mode till you accumulate enough money to have it available in Horde mode?

I hate people... But don't worry, if you are reading this it likely means I don't hate you. Why? People can't read.

13ip0lar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 06:46 PM   #5
Mister Buds

Mister Buds's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tromav View Post
It's related to how much you spend on fortifications, you can check how to unlock new tiers and upgrades in the horde stats menu.
thanks for this post. very helpful. i probably never would have found that stats screen.
Mister Buds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 07:13 PM   #6
Kaiyo

KaiyoOrganiz000's Gamercard

You need to the defensive item level to be high enough then you can go build the lower level ones then build the bigger level ones.
Old 09-22-2011, 08:17 PM   #7
Suiken

Mr Suplex's Gamercard
I posted these questions in another thread but this thread may be more appropriate for them.

1) How do you upgrade turrets and sentry guns past the first level? I have level 2 skill in each yet when I try to upgrade them it says "upgrade locked". Do I need to level the abilities up more or is it not available until after a certain Horde wave?

2) There is a medal for "founding a COG base" or some such. How is this earned? I've tested it and when I establish a first base or a second base after the game has started, neither condition seems to award the medal...
Suiken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 01:26 AM   #8
IDiivil

Send a message via AIM to IDiivil

idiivil's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
To unlock higher levels of upgrades, keep repairing/creating the category. Eventually, it will level up, and you will either get a stronger version of something or have an unlock (Barrier level 7 for silverback... I can't remember what the sentry was).

Upgrades do save, so you keep your levels... i.e. when you restart Horde mode again, you'll still have your silverback you unlocked last time, etc.

Lastly, if you want to see your stats in Horde to figure out how much money you have left for a level up, go to your main status page (Stats and Awards page) and open up your player stats for Horde. Voila.

Happy gaming.

Like my avatar? If so, you can see more of my modeling work at http://www.facebook.com/idiivil
IDiivil is offline   Reply With Quote