PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Resident Evil 4 HD
Subscribe    Donate

View Poll Results: What is your favorite Resident Evil game?
Resident Evil (Original) 17 6.69%
Resident Evil 0 4 1.57%
Resident Evil (Remake) 25 9.84%
Reisdnet Evil 2 60 23.62%
Resident Evil 3: Nemesis 15 5.91%
Resident Evil: Code Veronica 4 1.57%
Resident Evil 4 97 38.19%
Resident Evil 5 26 10.24%
Other 6 2.36%
Voters: 254. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-28-2011, 07:03 PM   #1
Sgt Scyther

Sgt Scyther's Gamercard
What's your favorite Resident Evil game?

This series has had a long history beginning way back on the original PlayStation, moving onto the GameCube, and making its way into the HD console generation. Which RE game has been your absolute favorite?

For me, I have to go with the remake of the original Resident Evil for the GameCube. It will always be, to me, the perfect Resident Evil game. It had just the right amount of tension, just the right amount of fear, the atmosphere was amazing, the voice acting and writing were actually pretty decent, and it was just overall a great game. Here's hoping REmake gets the HD treatment.

Last Completed Retail: BioShock Infinite
Last Completed Arcade: Sonic the Fighters
Nothing personal, but I do not accept random friend requests.
Sgt Scyther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 07:33 PM   #2
xCGIx PUNISHER

4's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
It's always been RE4 for me. You're right though, the earlier Resident Evil's were far scarier, but it's kind of difficult to vote on this since the later games have the advantage of better technology. It's hard to say that a really old game is better then a more recent one. RE5 would have been #1, because co-op was a brilliant addition and it really improved on everything that RE4 had, but it had no element of fear in it and the fact that enemies eventually had guns tried to make the game into something it shouldn't be. It was no longer "survival horror." RE4 at least had some scary moments (Regenerators scared the shit out of me when I first played it, and so did U3.)

RE6, wherever they take it, should be open world with quests or maybe in this case "missions." I always thought that would put the RE series back on top. If they just made the next game scary like it should be, kept the same gameplay elements (and put the Attache Case and Merchant back in) and added open world, damn that would be sweet.
xCGIx PUNISHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 09:24 PM   #3
Guitar LInc0ln

Guitar LInc0ln's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze
mine's RE4.

Guitar LInc0ln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 10:07 PM   #4
baker

BAKER GFC's Gamercard
Resident Evil 2.

Absolutely jaw dropping when it first came out. Terrifying also.

baker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 10:56 PM   #5
GaussianMist

GaussianMist's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Silver
I'm going to have to go with RE4. Playing that the night it came out was absolutely terrifying. REmake is a close second though, that also scared the crap out of me.

GaussianMist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 01:49 AM   #6
WarGod3

Resident Evil (Original) beat it soo meny times and d cut verson
WarGod3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 05:28 PM   #7
checkit boom

antmoney151's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by baker View Post
Resident Evil 2.

Absolutely jaw dropping when it first came out. Terrifying also.
this. it was also the first game i played on playstation. plus the a and b scenerios it had made the game just amazing which let it have basically 4 games in one. plus tofu.
Old 10-22-2011, 08:14 PM   #8
kinjoking
Banned User

kinjothetaken's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by xCGIx PUNISHER View Post
It's always been RE4 for me. You're right though, the earlier Resident Evil's were far scarier, but it's kind of difficult to vote on this since the later games have the advantage of better technology. It's hard to say that a really old game is better then a more recent one. RE5 would have been #1, because co-op was a brilliant addition and it really improved on everything that RE4 had, but it had no element of fear in it and the fact that enemies eventually had guns tried to make the game into something it shouldn't be. It was no longer "survival horror." RE4 at least had some scary moments (Regenerators scared the shit out of me when I first played it, and so did U3.)

RE6, wherever they take it, should be open world with quests or maybe in this case "missions." I always thought that would put the RE series back on top. If they just made the next game scary like it should be, kept the same gameplay elements (and put the Attache Case and Merchant back in) and added open world, damn that would be sweet.
you cant base a comparison on whether the technology is better as time goes on. as all games are technically better then they were in 2005 for example, you have to base your decision on how it made you feel at the time, which is why i still have legend of zelda ocarina of time as my all time no.1 game, and its why the original resident evil is the best game in the series no doubt. that pure mixture of frightening exhileration and tense combat is something i cannot forget, and no game has ever matched that, altho silent hill homecoming has come close. when u first encounter the running zombie as you go into the crypt after placing the arrowhead on the grave is the most frightening thing i ever experienced has a survival horror virgin at the time. just awesome sauce.
kinjoking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 02:45 PM   #9
EMP

MaGiC MaN TJ's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Mine is RE5, simply cause of the great XBL times on the game with friends.

→The Xbox One is freakin Awesome ←
All generalizations are false, including this one.
~ Xbox One | Day One ~
EMP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 08:53 PM   #10
Emelious91

Emelious91's Gamercard
Resident Evil 4 and 5 are my favourite games.

Resident Evil 4 just contains everything necessary. It has some kind of action, but not too much like in RE 5. You´ll also have some scary moments and you lack easily of amma if you´re not careful. Thar all together with an awesome story in RE style.

RE 5 isn´t a real Resident Evil anymore in my opinion. But the coop setting is just kinda awesome. So it became one of my favorite coop games together with Obscure 1 & 2
Emelious91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 10:04 AM   #11
Jeesp

Jeesp's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Probably RE4, it's great. 2 and 3 aren't far behind, mainly because of nostalgia.
Jeesp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 11:05 AM   #12
Skorpion XBA
Guide Team

Skorpion XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Gold   Cops N' Robbers - Tier 1   Subscriber Clubs Baron   Road Map - Platinum   The Helping Hand   Staff Club - Skorpion XBA   Green Thumb - Emerald   Staff Club - troy0891   Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff - Guide Team   Achievement Guide - Gold   Subscriber - Silver
Total Awards: 41 (more» ...)
Hard to decide. It's a toss up between RE1 and RE4. RE1 may have had some crappy actors, but it's what got me hooked on the series. RE4 was just awesome minus Ashley screaming for Leon all the time.
Skorpion XBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 04:57 AM   #13
A ZombieTwinkie

A ZombieTwinkie's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Silver   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Resident Evil 4. Followed closely behind by Resident Evil 2 and Resident Evil 3: Nemesis.

*Props to G A C K T for the awesome sig*

A ZombieTwinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 05:09 AM   #14
shakesth3clown1

shakesth3clown1's Gamercard
I still play re1 and 2 on my psp and 2 is one of my all time favorite games. I doubt the remake will ever be on xbox live or PSN because of Nintendo having exclusive rights but if it does with achievments I would be a happy clown!
shakesth3clown1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 07:38 AM   #15
KayCeaEffahless

Location: Climbing the insurmountable mental peak...Still got a ways to go (.´ ▽ `.)ノ

Statikc's Gamercard

Resident Evil 4 for me by far. I always liked the franchise but never was a huge fan the actual game play(Combat). Res4 made it more personal for me then aiming off screen and shooting something as it got closer to me. My second favorite would be Resident evil 3...Nemesis was...an ass. But he is officially one of my favorite villains.
Old 09-29-2011, 09:28 AM   #16
GamerBug UK

gamerbug uk's Gamercard
Hard choice.

RE2 probably the best game in terms of atmosphere, scale and how much it seemed to improve the already good original.

RE4 just improves on what was a bit of a stale formula though did remove the horror and suspense somewhat as well as the zombies, but is almost a perfect game.

RE5 added in co-op which I love and tweaked RE4's controls for the better, I actually liked Sheva and the graphics were amazing. Unfortunately the levels were dull, a lot of the plot had gone into Manga/Matrix territory and there were literally no scares left to be had.

So I would have to say it'd be RE4 I choose, though RE2 remade with RE4's engine would be awesome and the greatest game ever!
Old 09-29-2011, 09:51 AM   #17
k1lls1gn

k1lls1gn's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Gold   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Resident Evil 4, loved the whole concept and new style they brung to the series, never really had the chance to play the earlier ones but i heard Resident Evil 3: Nemesis was really good.
Old 09-29-2011, 10:09 AM   #18
JuSt BLaZe

BLAZE VII's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   Submit - Diamond   5,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Gold   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Thumbs up Not easy...

STRANGER, not THAT'S a quite interesting but also tough poll.

Now I voted for the Resident Evil (Remake) but honestly THEY'RE ALL MY FAVOURITES, no more no less! One cannot exist without the other, except the first one back in 1996.

100% > Resident Evil - Remake Remastered (XboxOne & Playstation4)
100% > Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes (Xbox360 & XboxOne)
100% > Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition (Xbox360 & XboxOne)

-[RESIDENTEVIL]-
JuSt BLaZe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 11:30 AM   #19
joe joe

AlmightyPlacebo's Gamercard
resident evil 4 is the best resident evil for me so ive really enjoyed playing it again in HD but would love to see a remake of resident evil 2 some day
joe joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 06:36 PM   #20
Prelude2disastr

Prelude2disastr's Gamercard
I think RE2 is my favourite out of the numbered series, though I think overall, it would be the Outbreak Games. Regardless of what anyone says, I thought it was far more scary to see glimpses of things around the corners due to the static camera before they pounced while you turned without being able to move the camera sideways and remove any aspect of horror.

Admittedly, it was damn near impossible for me at the time to work out how to play online with my PS2 but I did it just for that game. Looking back, I can see a lot of that game going into the Left4Dead games.
Prelude2disastr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 09:50 AM   #21
Corma

Corma99's Gamercard
I've voted for RE4, but I prefer the Wii version.

RE5 is great on the PC. Quite a lot of nice user made mods. IMHO it makes the game a lot more fun than the console versions. Got it on PC, 360 and PS3 with motion controller but I always keep coming back to the PC version.

RE1 Remake would be my choice of the classic games.

Tough descision anyway. I've liked every game from the main series (except Nemesis) and the first umbrella chronicles game was great, too.

Last edited by Corma; 09-30-2011 at 09:53 AM.
Corma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 10:45 AM   #22
myjillvalentine

Awards Showcase Gamer Chick!
I'd say Nemesis for the sheer fun of being Jill with a huge B.O.W chasing you around the undead city, the fact that he can follow you ANYWHERE gets me every time.

Also, TC you made a typo with Resident Evil 2's name. ^^

Guides 1: New Vegas Hardcore speedrun: http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...d.php?t=300776
myjillvalentine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 11:46 AM   #23
KayCeaEffahless

Location: Climbing the insurmountable mental peak...Still got a ways to go (.´ ▽ `.)ノ

Statikc's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by myjillvalentine View Post
I'd say Nemesis for the sheer fun of being Jill with a huge B.O.W chasing you around the undead city, the fact that he can follow you ANYWHERE gets me every time.
SERIOUSLY!?!?! I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed that. I swear at one part in the game he jumps through a 2nd or 3rd window(or falls through the ceiling or something>,>). I remember thinking,"How in the hell did his big ass get up here!?!"...My heart remembers that game better than my brain...so much suspense knowing that he can be anywhere at anytime...with a rocket launcher for added effect
Old 10-17-2011, 05:38 PM   #24
checkit boom

antmoney151's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by myjillvalentine View Post

Also, TC you made a typo with Resident Evil 2's name. ^^
this actually happens in RE2 scenario B too. a monster/creature called MR. X drops from the sky the same way as nemesis and chases the character through that scenario of the game. he looks very very similar minus the whole arm grabbing mutation thing. he also drops items the same way as nemesis does when you defeat him if i can remember it correctly. now that i think about it scenerio b of RE2 paved RE3's way in a huge huge way.
Old 09-30-2011, 10:14 PM   #25
xXImSoBalzyXx

xximsobalzyxx's Gamercard
Resident Evil....4

http://www.youtube.com/user/xXImSoBalzyXx
I do let's plays and stuff. Don't hate. Any tips would be great!
xXImSoBalzyXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 05:09 PM   #26
macgyver893

MACGYV3R's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
I believe I've only ever played RE2 (N64), RE4 (Cube), and RE5 (360). 4 was by faaaaar my favorite!

It's time to nut up or shut up!
macgyver893 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 06:58 PM   #27
Admiral Axtell

Admiral Axtell's Gamercard
Nemesis was the first one I ever played so it still holds a special place in my heart.... I would have to say that Nemesis or 4 are my favorite... Though I haven't beaten 1 or 2 yet >_< It's cool to see so many RE fans here!

100% Retail (All DLC included):
GUN. Dead Space. Fallout 3.
100% Arcade:
Dash of Destruction. Battlefield 1943.
Admiral Axtell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 01:21 PM   #28
deadpool316

MikeCoop316's Gamercard
they should of started with res 1 and gone from they I love r
es 2 & 3. Res one gave my little sis bad dreams lol
deadpool316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 01:53 AM   #29
ChaddieB

ChaddieB's Gamercard
RE4 - This title introduced me into the series. Going back to play the older fixed-camera titles just doesn't feel right to play.
ChaddieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 09:47 PM   #30
justinman114

Justinman114's Gamercard
Resi2 all day, every day. Genius game. I will however give significant props to the original (Cube version is better IMO) and Resi4 for it's innovation. I still can't believe CV has no votes...that game doesn't get enough credit. Resi5 is the worst one on this list by far, followed by Resi0. Resi5 was fun but NOT a good RE game. Resi3 was good too but gets forgotten.
justinman114 is offline   Reply With Quote