PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > The Cursed Crusade
Subscribe    Donate

Old 10-10-2011, 11:38 AM   #1
ponypo2001

ponypo2001's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Silver   1,000 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Road Map - Bronze
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Word of warning. Important game breaker

Sadly, I can no longer complete this great steaming pile of turd as my save has corrupted. If your game crashes while loading up a new chapter, you are probably screwed. I've tried loading from the disc, from install, on 3 different xboxes, the works, and I cannot progress now as the game will not load Chapt 4 mission 4.

With the multitude of other bugs I experienced in this game, I really do recommend avoiding it or at the very least, back your save up all the time. I now have to sit with this stinking turkey on my gamercard completely unfinished and that really pisses me off

Hope nobody else runs into this problem.

ponypo2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 02:40 PM   #2
kinjoking
Banned User

kinjothetaken's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by ponypo2001 View Post
Sadly, I can no longer complete this great steaming pile of turd as my save has corrupted. If your game crashes while loading up a new chapter, you are probably screwed. I've tried loading from the disc, from install, on 3 different xboxes, the works, and I cannot progress now as the game will not load Chapt 4 mission 4.

With the multitude of other bugs I experienced in this game, I really do recommend avoiding it or at the very least, back your save up all the time. I now have to sit with this stinking turkey on my gamercard completely unfinished and that really pisses me off

Hope nobody else runs into this problem.
this happened to me on 4.2 game crashes on loading screen, i dont think its a save file as i can play all the previous missions, i think that it tries to load too much memory at once which is why it glitches. im sending my game back anyway, i managed 600G atleast anyway.
kinjoking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 05:57 PM   #3
Vile Denial

Vile Denial's Gamercard
Have you tried playing another game for a few hours? Some sandbox/open world game (Oblivion, GTA 4) would do it. There was another game which had a similar problem, and playing another game would overwrite what was in the cache. It's probably a bit of a long shot, but might be worth trying.
Vile Denial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 06:28 PM   #4
kinjoking
Banned User

il give it a try, suppose i got 3 days spare until ace combat comes out.altho id like to try and play co-op on someone elses 4.2 to see if that unlocks whatever the problem is. up4 it?
Old 10-11-2011, 11:48 AM   #5
ponypo2001

ponypo2001's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Silver   1,000 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Road Map - Bronze
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vile Denial View Post
Have you tried playing another game for a few hours? Some sandbox/open world game (Oblivion, GTA 4) would do it. There was another game which had a similar problem, and playing another game would overwrite what was in the cache. It's probably a bit of a long shot, but might be worth trying.
Tried that. Like I said mate, I've tried it on 3 different boxes and no go. I even tried multiplayer but it won't load. I'm going to try and contact the makers, if only to give them a bollocking as this has happened to two people now and I spent 40 on this POS.

Old 10-11-2011, 05:23 PM   #6
Vile Denial

Vile Denial's Gamercard
Quote:
Tried that. Like I said mate, I've tried it on 3 different boxes and no go. I even tried multiplayer but it won't load. I'm going to try and contact the makers, if only to give them a bollocking as this has happened to two people now and I spent 40 on this POS.
Ah, sorry about that. Must've skimmed over that line.

I'm afraid I don't have any other suggestions. I didn't encounter this on either of my run throughs of the game. Unfortunate that it happened :/
Vile Denial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 08:25 PM   #7
kinjoking
Banned User

Quote:
i hosted an online co-op game, and it loaded straight away and was able to go on and complete the game, now ive started in nightmare mode, only need that and 100 combo for 100% trying to get it on 2.6 is really tough!
Old 10-12-2011, 11:15 AM   #8
ponypo2001

ponypo2001's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinjoking View Post
i hosted an online co-op game, and it loaded straight away and was able to go on and complete the game, now ive started in nightmare mode, only need that and 100 combo for 100% trying to get it on 2.6 is really tough!
Ah that's good to know. Were you able to start the game without another player present or did you need to find someone else to help in order to start the game? If you can start the game on your own, I may give this another go.