PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Rage
Subscribe    Donate

Old 10-11-2011, 04:38 PM   #1
Nibox

Wink New easy fast big money method

This is a good method to make quick money i just run into. I was making use of the glitch at the Ghost Hideout were the Comet Bloom keeps respawning when you enter and leave the ghost hideout. It's the flower just before you go on the bridge on the right side. Do this like 10x times or more if you want even quicker cash. Now go to Halek Hagar and sell the flowers for 65$ each, press X and buy them back for 43$ each, so 22$ per flower profit. Repeat this step by pressing x again. So when you have 10 flowers in your inventory, you make 220$ in less then 10 seconds. This glitch saves you a lot of time compared to the engineering money glitches.

When you have enough money, be sure that your final step is to buy the flowers back from him. They will dissapear from his store if you return later on when you have loaded a new town/level.
This way you keep the easy money trick in your your pocket, when needed later on.

Good luck making money

PS: All credits for the respawning Comet Bloom flower goes to GEEN0, thanks for that great glitch.

Last edited by Nibox; 10-12-2011 at 09:39 AM.
Nibox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 06:39 PM   #2
XperimntNterror

XperimntNterror's Gamercard
this'll be right up my alley. thanks for the tip!

Thanks to V1ZIONZxBLOOD for the really cool sig!
XperimntNterror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 07:51 PM   #3
yippy smalz

YIPPY SMALZ's Gamercard
Thanks for the tip, im going to use this on my nightmare run to stock up early

Completed games and 1,000G+
Fallout: New Vegas, Borderlands, Red Dead Redemption, Modern Warfare 2, Left 4 Dead 2, Gears 2, Fallout 3, Bioshock 2, Guitar Hero 5, Halo 3, Halo 3: ODST, Halo:Reach, Splinter Cell: Conviction, Fable 2, Dead Rising:CZ, Magna Carta 2, Lego Batman, C&C red alert 3, Call of duty WAW(1015), Lego star Wars TCS, Monkey Island: SE, Dash Of Destruction
yippy smalz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 07:58 PM   #4
fastNcurious

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by yippy smalz View Post
Thanks for the tip, im going to use this on my nightmare run to stock up early
Definitely a good find.

Just FYI, for people worried about nightmare playthroughs, you will have plenty of money to buy stuff. I never ran out of money. Someone mentioned in another thread that the developers probably wanted players to have fun with the sentry bots, etc., so didn't make lack of money a big deal. Not sure if true, but definitely felt that way.
fastNcurious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 08:20 PM   #5
NukeDukem

topgunprobo's Gamercard
doesnt respawn for me
Old 10-11-2011, 08:44 PM   #6
DjBatfink

dj batfink's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by NukeDukem View Post
doesnt respawn for me
Same here, been there, looked around and nothing, i do remember picking it when doing a quest for an old guy, so i'm thinking that it only respawns when doing the quest or before you finish the quest.....
DjBatfink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 08:20 PM   #7
BSH 1975

BSH 1975's Gamercard

sounds great, but where exactly is this flower? can't seem to find it.

BSH 1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 08:22 PM   #8
Kraderic
Banned User

Gotta admit, this is awesome. : D assuming the flower actually respawns, considering the seeds of doubt in above posts.
Kraderic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 09:46 PM   #9
upindat

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
booooo ya!! love it when a plan comes together. thanks
Old 10-11-2011, 10:33 PM   #10
Nevander

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
EDIT: I'm at the VERY beginning of the game and I'm thinking you have to have that Comet Bloom quest active for it to be spawning there.

In my game, the plant is there but I can't take the flowers. I see the cactus but there are no purple flowers on it. What am I missing?

Last edited by Nevander; 10-11-2011 at 10:43 PM.
Nevander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 10:55 PM   #11
JuSt BLaZe

BLAZE VII's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Diamond   5,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Gold   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
So guys what's faster or more profitable, this or this:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...d.php?t=334929
Old 10-12-2011, 12:13 AM   #12
ZingZitang

ZingZitang's Gamercard

well the plant is not respawning for me. Probably because ive already picked it and saved the game.

Hopefully the rocket trick works.
ZingZitang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 06:41 AM   #13
Nibox

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZingZitang View Post
well the plant is not respawning for me. Probably because ive already picked it and saved the game.

Hopefully the rocket trick works.
I picked up the flower in between saves a couple off times and it still keeps respawning.
Old 10-12-2011, 06:39 AM   #14
Nibox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevander View Post
EDIT: I'm at the VERY beginning of the game and I'm thinking you have to have that Comet Bloom quest active for it to be spawning there.

In my game, the plant is there but I can't take the flowers. I see the cactus but there are no purple flowers on it. What am I missing?

When there are no flowers on the plant, try and go into the ghost hideout first then return to the flower. This should work.
Old 10-12-2011, 01:05 AM   #15
COWBOYFRMHELL77

COWBOYFRMHELL77's Gamercard
Thumbs up

I too can confirm that its been re-spawning for me. Thanks for the big tip. Will help a bunch I'm sure.
Old 10-12-2011, 01:22 AM   #16
Dz06lt

DZ06LT's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts
hmm so what is the story the OP did it but no one esle can get it to work?
Old 10-12-2011, 08:30 AM   #17
GEEN0

GEEN0's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by GEEN0 View Post
b4 you cross the bridge to the ghost hideout is a purple 'Comet Bloom' flower, i have found that if you collect it and enter/leave the hideout, it respawns, only takes a minute for $65 each flower when you sell them!
I am at the point of the main story about to enter the Bash Tv for the first time and look for some dr kvasir, but I have completed all other side missions in my game
Already covered the flower part yesterday morning, but nice addition with the buying and selling part
Old 10-12-2011, 09:38 AM   #18
Nibox

Thats was indeed your founded glitch i was revering to. I will give you credits for it in my first post. Sorry for not mentioning it earlier
Old 10-12-2011, 10:32 AM   #19
GEEN0

GEEN0's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nibox View Post
Thats was indeed your founded glitch i was revering to. I will give you credits for it in my first post. Sorry for not mentioning it earlier

Thats ok m8, dont need credit, only quoted my post to state where in the missions I was in case its relevant to when the flower shows up for others
Old 10-12-2011, 11:50 AM   #20
Sadowan

Sadowan's Gamercard
Flower is not respawning, picked it and have been in and out of the ghost hideout multiple times and its just not coming back, I have not triggered the comet blossem quest yet either so either there are other factors involved in getting it to respawn or im picking the wrong comet blossem which i highly doubt.
Sadowan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 01:39 PM   #21
jpg30

jpg30's Gamercard
it's not respawning for me either, i don't recall a mission to find a comet blossom so i don't know what makes it respawn.
jpg30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 02:21 PM   #22
Nibox

No idea why it works for some and not for others. My current active mission is authority prison. I will try earlier saves to see if it keeps working for me.
Old 10-12-2011, 04:02 PM   #23
XperimntNterror

XperimntNterror's Gamercard
Didn't work for me either; not even a plant around anywhere. BUT i did have one in my inventory already, so, while not nearly as lucrative as having 10 of these, i can still get several hundred dollars in just a few minutes with just the one i have. This is easily enough to buy anything i need and re-stock ammo. have over 500 pop rockets and other various ammos and didn't take much time at all.

if you aren't having any luck with this, check your inventory and, as long as you have at least one of these, you're set. Unfortunately, I do not recall where i even grabbed the one i do have from in the first place. May have been the sewer next to Wellspring (the treasure pile), but not sure.

Thanks to V1ZIONZxBLOOD for the really cool sig!
XperimntNterror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 06:18 PM   #24
Paranoyd

I couldn't get the flower to respawn in any way until now. When I accepted a Job Board from Wellspring that asked me to look for a missing person at the ghosts hideout for some reason I don't understand the flower was there, and now when I enter and exit the hideout the flower keeps respawning.

I recorded this video with my phone, so excuse the crappy quality.

Paranoyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 04:59 PM   #25
Pearson

Biomedical Fire's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
I can't get it to respawn either, so I'm assuming that since I picked it at the beginning of my game and now just trying to do the glitch, that this is why I can't get it to work. Because I'm too far into the game or due to that I finished both Ghost Hideout missions.

EDIT: It's working for me now. I went into the Arc Sewers cleaned it out and then got a job from the job board to go back there and clean the muties out of it permanently, so I decided to go back to the Ghost Hideout and there it was blooming again. So I did the glitch and it worked. Too bad though they weren't worth $650 a piece instead of $65.

Last edited by Pearson; 10-12-2011 at 07:01 PM.
Pearson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 03:48 PM   #26
LotusOfDoom

LotusOfDoom's Gamercard
Mine wasn't spawning at first either but once I did the mayor's Feltrite crater mission it started to respawn
LotusOfDoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 02:36 AM   #27
ShadyShall

ShadyShall's Gamercard
so it's respawning for me and i am picking it up... this is pretty fucking sweet guys thanks for the tip. FYI, i have activated/completed a couple of the message board quests and I am doing this because i am at the point where i need to stock up on ammo/toys to survive Mutant Bash... so, thanks!
Old 08-02-2012, 02:32 PM   #28
SpinelesS

Mr SpinelesS's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
The comet bloom wasn't pickable until I started the missing person job

Saved my game at that point and tried to get it to respawn but it failed to do so when I entered and left either the ghost hideout or the wasted garage exit.

I reloaded my save, left the comet bloom alone, and completed the missing person job.

Entering and leaving the ghost hideout still didn't work, but entering and leaving the wasted garage exit did finally cause the bloom to respawn

EDIT: Stops working until the comit respawns later on in the game if you don't leave a comet behind when your finished for the time being...

Last edited by SpinelesS; 08-12-2012 at 08:55 AM.
SpinelesS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 05:04 AM   #29
Nevander

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
EDIT: Damn it. Why the hell did they patch it... now it sells for $35 and it costs $43 to buy back. What kind of bs is this. Does the Viper rockets method still work later in the game?

---

Has this been patched? I cannot get it to work at all anymore. Really frustrating because I want to stock up on bandages and pop rockets.

Last edited by Nevander; 12-19-2012 at 06:50 AM.
Nevander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 07:23 AM   #30
CHARLIE M4NS0N

jello bi4fr4's Gamercard
I can't get it to spawn either... where can i find more of these flowers? it can't be the only place in the whole game where they spawn. :P

CHARLIE M4NS0N is offline   Reply With Quote