PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Thor: God of Thunder
Subscribe    Donate

Old 10-12-2011, 06:41 AM   #1
Earthbound_X

EarthboundX's Gamercard
Man, Sultur is really hard on the hardest difficultly, any advice?

This game hasn't been too bad on this difficultly until now.

I just can't seem to beat Sultur. I can get to his second phase of his fight OK, but once I'm there, he just destroys me. I've been trying to just get hammer throws on him, but he still manages to get close enough to kill me in a few hits. Should I even try using melee attacks on him?

Makes me realize how useless the health and Odinforce upgrades are, they pretty much add nothing. Heck, even with maxed Odinforce, you can still only do one extra storm, cyclone, or earthquake attack. So what's the point of the upgrades when Sultur can take off all of my extra health in one hit?

I can't image how hard the last boss with be if Sultur is this hard.

Anyone got any tips?

Earthbound_X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 10:36 PM   #2
Earthbound_X

EarthboundX's Gamercard
Hah, figures, when I try again today, I get him on the second try.

Guess I'll list some tips myself then.

First phase of the first is real easy. The Whirling Hammer move is the go to move for the whole fight really. If he gets two close, use the LT RT hammer move to stun him, then just keep hitting him with the Whirling Hammer until you can grapple him, you need to destroy both of the purple gems on his armor, one on the back, one on the front.

After you do that with the Y power attack on both sides, he'll run off and summon some normal enemies. Use grapple moves on the smaller ones to get back health and Odinforce, whichever you need. Once he summons three of the bigger fire demons. Use a storm on them to get your rage maxed, and use it.

Now his second phase is much harder then his first, since he'll have more moves. You'll still wanna just keep spamming the Whirling Hammer move.

There are a couple of his attacks you wanna watch out for. When he raises his sword above his head, and brings it back down, he's summoning some fireballs to rain down on you five times, so you'll want to keep moving when he does this. I'd say that was his most damaging attack to me at first, since I hadn't learned to recognize when he did them. The other move is when he shoves his sword in the ground, and summons two fire waves you need to jump over. Just jump over them, don't jump and air dash, since if you do that, you might hit the second wave on your way down.

His other attacks aren't too hard to dodge, as long as you keep a good distance away from him, which is what you want to do anyway, since you'll mainly just be throwing Whirling Hammers at him. I went the whole fight without using any melee attacks at all.

Once he gets lower in heath, he'll try to grapple you, these are easy, since all you have to do is mash X each time, but make sure once you get to his face, you attack right away.

That's about it. Just keep throwing Whirling Hammers at him till your rage is full, and use it.

Old 10-13-2011, 12:34 AM   #3
Earthbound_X

EarthboundX's Gamercard
Woo! I beat the game on hardest! Now I never have to play this terrible game again! Now that I have, I can confirm that this game is as bad(imo)as reviews have said it was.

Old 02-24-2012, 01:42 AM   #4
AlphaHirogen

Hirogen Hunter's Gamercard
the fun part of the game end when the boss battle and checkpoints suck
AlphaHirogen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 01:53 PM   #5
Midnight Malice

Midnight Malice's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
I know I am a few years late, but some people may look at this for help.

Your advice on the first stage was good 2-3 whirling hammers and grapple destroy back then front should take maybe 30 seconds stage over. For the small enemies part, SAVE your odinforce, use grabs at the start to fill it completely then use XXX charge Y to spin and build rage if you want to use lightning strikes a bit here to help build rage faster go ahead but grab enemies until your odinforce is full, for the second stage before you trigger rage. If you have full odinforce the second stage becomes very easy. Assuming you have all upgrades by now, right at the second stage, use Lightning storm as close as you can to him. once it is over use it again. this should trigger his grab, once you finish that part, use storm AGAIN right away. If you don't have enough odinforce use Up on the D pad to rune draw. This last storm should trigger the second grab sequence and you are done. Very very easy fight when done this way takes 2-3 minutes.

100+ Retail Games_100%
100,000 GS (9/12/09)
200,000 GS (2/2/2014) (I blame MMOs)

Last edited by Midnight Malice; 02-19-2013 at 01:55 PM.
Midnight Malice is offline   Reply With Quote