PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooters > Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary
Subscribe    Donate

Old 10-14-2011, 11:41 PM   #1
Teh Phantomz

l The Phantom l's Gamercard
Achievement Discussion

The Achievements are here

http://halo.xbox.com/en-us/news/head...vements/285109

They look pretty challenging but nothing that wont take a few controllers.

Discuss.

Party time Party time Party time Party time Party time Party time

We all just need a little bit of Sunshine in our lives.

Teh Phantomz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 11:46 PM   #2
iBuzz7S

Why So Jealous's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 2
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Why not just use this thread to discuss the achievements? More than likely, both threads will contain the same content, so there is no need for a second.

Just report the original and ask for a title change.

Last edited by iBuzz7S; 10-14-2011 at 11:49 PM.
iBuzz7S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 12:51 AM   #3
Teh Phantomz

You are right I guess, you usually see threads with 'Achievement Discussion' not 'Achievements are here' I interpreted the other thread as just showing the achievements, not actually being a discussion thread.

Old 10-15-2011, 03:12 AM   #4
Teh Phantomz

One of Halo Anniversary's big emphasis is on Co-op play so most of these should be able to be attained in Co-op.

Old 10-15-2011, 03:17 AM   #5
Teh Phantomz

Dark Reign, I'm thinking you either have to just stand on top of the hog or do a warthog grenade jump or possibly if you get a rocket before this do a rocket jump with the hog.

Old 10-15-2011, 10:01 AM   #6
ReD S1X

ReD S1X's Gamercard
yep, after seeing the achievement list I'd be ripping my head off and keep screaming after countless amount of dying if playing.

I'll avoid it for now else I'll be having a heart attack on the damn Library level.

Reached to 300,000G @ 16/8/13
Achieved 10,000 achievements @ 28/12/12

ReD S1X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 02:13 PM   #7
Barad
Reading 50 Shades of Grey

Send a message via Skype™ to Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Gold   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Staff Club - troy0891   Micro Guide - Silver   Road Map - Platinum   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Diamond   Achievement Guide - Gold   15,000 Posts
Total Awards: 18 (more» ...)
Can't wait should be some good fun coop!

**Work of Jardinho**
Barad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 03:32 PM   #8
RBmaster9345

RBmaster9345's Gamercard
Library speed run's gonna be the worst hands down
RBmaster9345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 05:54 PM   #9
DarkReign2021
Banned User

DarkReign2021's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
For me personally, the hardest achievement will probably be beating Truth and Reconciliation with 4 bullets left in the Sniper. This is suggesting you will have to keep the sniper on you the entire level AND you can't use all of your ammo for it. This level lacks a pistol, so your only arsenal is an Assault Rifle, Plasma Rifle, Plasma Pistol, or Needler.
DarkReign2021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 05:54 PM   #10
LickableLemons7

SublimeThugLife's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - DEG23   Micro Guide - Bronze   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Submit - Bronze   2,500 Posts   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RBmaster9345 View Post
Library speed run's gonna be the worst hands down
I agree, probably the toughest achievement this game. I may have some problems with the one where you can't lose a block of health on heroic or higher, I was playing The Pillar of Autumn on Legendary in preparation late last night, I seemed receive a glancing blow from a stray grenade now and again, but I'll keep trying so I know I can do this when Anniversary comes out. The other achievement that's not exactly tough, but I find to be rather time consuming, is How Pedestrian. I know you have to grenade jump in the unnatural cave, but I can't seem to do it. DarkReign, what happened to your guide? Did it get removed? I NEEDZ HALP
Old 10-15-2011, 06:08 PM   #11
DarkReign2021
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by LickableLemons7 View Post
I agree, probably the toughest achievement this game. I may have some problems with the one where you can't lose a block of health on heroic or higher, I was playing The Pillar of Autumn on Legendary in preparation, I seemed receive a glancing blow from a stray grenade now and again, but I'll keep trying so I know I can do this when Anniversary comes out. The other achievement that's not exactly tough, but I find to be rather time consuming, is How Pedestrian. I know you have to grenade jump in the unnatural cave, but I can't seem to do it. DarkReign, what happened to your guide? Did it get removed? I NEEDZ HALP
Yeah. They removed it.

I don't personally recommend using Pillar of Autumn for "He's Unstoppable" as even I have some trouble on that level to this day (Curse that damn stairway!) My personal suggestion, assuming you're willing to glitch the game, is Assault on the Control Room. At the beginning of the level when you first get to the bridge, you're able to scale the cliff down to the bottom of the canyon (easier on Co-Op.) This will despawn every enemy in the game. If that's not your cup of tea, there's also the Banshee Rocket glitch. If you fly fast enough through the tunnel after large indoor room, t will despawn every enemy from the canyon with the tower to the end of the level.

http://youtu.be/4Vk47yF1gLA
(Ignore the second half. The first half is the banshee to do the glitch. Doing this is also a way to unlock "I'll take that" earlier than normal (the second half of this video is the "official" banshee they're expecting players to hijack.)

As for the gap on Level 2, this trick is going to require a plasma grenade. You're going to have to position the throw perfectly and get a running jump to make it. Throwing a grenade at your feet and jumping like most grenade launches isn't going to work in this scenario.

Edit: And apparently I have no clue how to embed Youtube videos anymore...

Last edited by DarkReign2021; 10-15-2011 at 06:11 PM.
Old 10-15-2011, 09:39 PM   #12
Xenolith666

Xenolith666's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Staff Club - Never Final   Staff Club - Gackt   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Over Achiever - Gold   Micro Guide - Silver   1,000 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
Am I the only one that doesn't remember there being any skulls or terminals in the first Halo game? I thought skulls weren't introduced until Halo 2.. and Terminals in 3.
100% RPG's: 38 Post #8
Proudest: Star Ocean; Dark Souls
Failing to Understand our Capacity for Kindness

Xenolith666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 10:14 PM   #13
Teh Phantomz

Skulls are the only real thing they are changing in the campaign but it doesn't take away from the core gameplay. It's too bad they deleted your guide but it gives you time to perfect it I guess and I am also finding the not getting hit hard and that jump.

Old 10-15-2011, 10:17 PM   #14
XoNiNjAlEoNoX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenolith666 View Post
Am I the only one that doesn't remember there being any skulls or terminals in the first Halo game? I thought skulls weren't introduced until Halo 2.. and Terminals in 3.
You're right. There were no skulls and terminals in the original Halo CE. 343 have added them now, one in each level afaik. You can only interact with them when you're using the new graphics. They don't exist in classic mode.

Just another freak, in the freak kingdom.
...shame that it's a mad world.
XoNiNjAlEoNoX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 01:34 AM   #15
JONBLEACH

Bleach x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
I dont think any of my friends are getting this (mostly just MW3) so i was wondering if anyone wants to add me and we could do the campaign on Legendary when this game comes out on release day.

We could also work towards the level specific achievements afterwrds.
I wanted to play the game on Regular then Remastered version.

If your possibly interested please feel free to add me on xbox live @ JONBLEACH

thanks
Gamertag: Bleach x360a
JONBLEACH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 02:00 AM   #16
DarkReign2021
Banned User

Ok. I just finished my Legendary run of Halo: CE with the 'Achievement' Guidelines. Obviously I can't know if they're all 100% accurate (still not sure exactly how the Sniper in T&R works) but to the best of my knowledge all of these achievements are manageable. If it had been the Anniversary version, the only ones I would be missing are the Terminal and Skull cheevos. It took me about 5 hours to get through the campaign with the use of various tricks and glitches in each level.

So, who else is ready for Anniversary? Those terminals have me shaking with anticipation. I'm dying to know what's on them. More information about the Forerunner, the Inferi, and Halo 4 in general. I'm game. I just wish Glasslands would hurry up :-/ That'll help tide me over until Anniversary and Primordium.
Old 10-16-2011, 03:13 AM   #17
JONBLEACH

Bleach x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth   1,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkReign2021 View Post
Ok. I just finished my Legendary run of Halo: CE with the 'Achievement' Guidelines. Obviously I can't know if they're all 100% accurate (still not sure exactly how the Sniper in T&R works) but to the best of my knowledge all of these achievements are manageable. If it had been the Anniversary version, the only ones I would be missing are the Terminal and Skull cheevos. It took me about 5 hours to get through the campaign with the use of various tricks and glitches in each level.

So, who else is ready for Anniversary? Those terminals have me shaking with anticipation. I'm dying to know what's on them. More information about the Forerunner, the Inferi, and Halo 4 in general. I'm game. I just wish Glasslands would hurry up :-/ That'll help tide me over until Anniversary and Primordium.

Hey man, do u mind if i add you to my FL on xbox live, im also currently playing Halo Reach and i have no friends that play the game and im always stuck playing with mic-less teammates
Gamertag: Bleach x360a
JONBLEACH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 04:46 AM   #18
Cooljoe

Bear5 Fan 4Ever's Gamercard

All I first saw was any difficulty like a million times with legendary. Very easy points.
Cooljoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 02:53 PM   #19
bryanrocks14

bryanrocks14's Gamercard
Smile easy and fun achievments

im one of those people who enjoys goin for the halo achievments even if they end up taking a long time cause in the past halo games have had some pretty hard achievments, not this time. these achievmets are super easy, u could have 1000 after 2 playthroughs (or 1 if u wanted too but i wanna enjoy it)..this is awsome..i used to love this campaign but havent played it in years, so im excited to see the change
bryanrocks14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 12:02 PM   #20
X Razes all X

Razes all's Gamercard
For "This Side Up" achievement, can you revert to last save if you flip over or do you have to start the mission over again?
X Razes all X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 05:29 PM   #21
MixMaker1

MixMaker117's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by X Razes all X View Post
For "This Side Up" achievement, can you revert to last save if you flip over or do you have to start the mission over again?
The last checkpoint will be when you're coming up the lift. So you can die or revert and start a fresh run everytime (thank god!)

Also, if you're in co-op, as long as both players get in a separate warthog, the better player can speedrun it with P2 hanging back in a hog. P2 will get the speedrun achievement + the not tipping over achievement.

So find a friend who can do this with ease and basically sit back if you're having trouble getting either achievements.

100% COMPLETED HALO PROFILE!
Marathon: Durandal / 100% (15/15 Achievements)
Halo Wars / 100% (58/58 Achievements)
Halo 2: Vista / 100% (41/41 Achievements)
Halo 3: ODST / 100% (47/47 Achievements)
Halo 3 / 100% (79/79 Achievements)
Halo Reach / 100% (69/69 Achievements)
Halo: CE:A / 100% (44/44 Achievements)
Halo 4 / 100% (76/76 Achievements)

UPCOMING!
Halo: Spartan Assault / 0% (20/20)
MixMaker1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 03:54 PM   #22
ltskitzo

ltskitzo's Gamercard
The hardest part to 'This side up' is the big jump, however if you are going top speed, with a straight angle at the jump you warthog won't tilt much at all. Allowing you to almost land flat on all four wheels. Other than that, never take the middle path on the open sections, them dipping, diving tunnels are designed to annoy the hell outa you....Bungie did that on purpose *sinister stare at bungie*
ltskitzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 03:59 PM   #23
ltskitzo

ltskitzo's Gamercard
Also I don't know if it has been mentioned but skulls don't effect achievements, meaning 'Bandana' skull is possibly the most useful thing EVER. Especially considering infinite grenades..... and achievements such as 'Leave it where it lay' and 'Grenadier' become simple lob fests rather than grueling challenges to survive
ltskitzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 07:33 PM   #24
mjpartyboy

ROBOSLIDER's Gamercard
Alas, the Anniversary Achievements are not like Noble's and Defiant's where you can get them on any map and not just on the map pack named in the Achievement description. The grind begins to get 100% completion on Reach's game history again.
Old 12-13-2011, 07:42 PM   #25
Ari Haswari
Banned User

Just want to.....

Going through the campaign on legendary now. Just wanted to know if the difficulty achievement (normal,heroic,legendary) are cummalitve? That is if I beat the game on legendary setting will it unlock the heroic and normal achievements as well?
Ari Haswari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 06:58 PM   #26
Shadow_Dog

Send a message via AIM to Shadow_Dog Send a message via MSN to Shadow_Dog Send a message via Skype™ to Shadow_Dog

SHAD0W D0G's Gamercard
Anyone know if using the infinite ammo skull affects the achievements?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ari Haswari View Post
Going through the campaign on legendary now. Just wanted to know if the difficulty achievement (normal,heroic,legendary) are cummalitve? That is if I beat the game on legendary setting will it unlock the heroic and normal achievements as well?

Yes it's cumulative.
Shadow_Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 01:33 PM   #27
Egotizm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow_Dog View Post
Anyone know if using the infinite ammo skull affects the achievements?

Yes it's cumulative.

The Bandana Skull or any of the other skulls do not in any way affect achievements; ever since I got it I've been using it and have still collected nearly all of the achievements with it on.
Egotizm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 10:43 PM   #28
DudeItsVolcom

dudeitsvolcom's Gamercard
I wish I had this game so I could get all the achievements :[
DudeItsVolcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 02:02 PM   #29
upindat

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
I cant get the maw with more than a minute for shit!!! Does anybody know a good link to a video. I have better luck not doing the shortcuts.