PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Music and Rhythm > Rocksmith
Subscribe    Donate

Old 10-18-2011, 10:17 PM   #1
RexDarr

RexDarr's Gamercard
E-String Note Problems

I'm using a Danelectro Dano Pro guitar and for what ever reason every time I play notes on the low E string it's flat by a half note (for you non-guitar players that's one fret). Anyone else having this problem? Any way to resolve it?
Old 10-19-2011, 01:39 AM   #2
ejbadger

CyanFlavoredGum's Gamercard
tune it down that half note?

Retail: Halo 3(1575), Lego Star Wars: TCS, Bully: SE, CSI: HE, Lego: Indiana Jones, The Simpsons Game, Oblivion (1250), Lego Batman, Fable II (1100), Mirrors Edge(1010), WWE Legends of Wrestlemania, Fallout 3 (1290)

Arcade: Buku Sudoku, Cloning Clyde, Word Puzzle, Dash of Destruction, Feeding Frenzy 2
ejbadger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 03:56 AM   #3
RexDarr

RexDarr's Gamercard
I would have to tune it up but when I actually tune through a normal tuner (I have both a BOSS chromatic hand-held tuner & a BOSS TU-3 pedal tuner) and both say it's perfectly tuned to E.
If I was to tune it half a step up the string would break. There's a lot of tension on that string right now.
Old 10-19-2011, 04:59 AM   #4
KvnRnld

Kvnrnld's Gamercard
I'm having the same problem. Could it be due to our guitars being shorter scale than a LP? I don't know much about these things.
KvnRnld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 05:09 AM   #5
KvnRnld

Kvnrnld's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by ejbadger View Post
tune it down that half note?

In order to do this you would have to tune it to the games tuner (it makes you do this before you can proceed to the song,) then pause and tune down before playing every time. Obviously there's a problem, as I saw that someone on my buddy list also had this game, so I asked if he had any problems with the "top" (really the bottom ) string. He said he was going through the same thing. Is a patch now necessary?

Last edited by KvnRnld; 10-19-2011 at 05:24 AM.
Old 10-19-2011, 05:22 AM   #6
ItsTimmah

Itstimmah's Gamercard
Plug your guitar into your chromatic tuner and make sure that when you play fretted notes that your getting the right pitch. You might need to adjust the truss rod if your not getting correct pitches. If that is the case i suggest you take it to a repair shop if you don't have experience adjusting it.
ItsTimmah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 05:38 AM   #7
KvnRnld

Kvnrnld's Gamercard
It's starting to look like it's a problem w/ the game. I would suggest against costly repairs for now.
Old 10-19-2011, 01:55 PM   #8
BadAssNipples

Send a message via Skype™ to BadAssNipples

Nipp x3h's Gamercard
When you tune your guitar check the tuning when you hold the 12th fret, if it's right on E as well then your guitar should be fine. That way you will know if it's the game or not.
BadAssNipples is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 02:36 PM   #9
karmamachine

NathanCrom's Gamercard
i had E string problems with the guitar a owned previous to getting the game (while using it in the game), but with the les paul junior that came with the game i've not had any problems yet

if its a game issue they will probably release a patch for other guitars... but you should try adjusting the truss rod in the neck or changing strings in the mean time... also as someone else stated if the 12th fret isn't an E when the open string is E then your probably screwed with that guitar

also use the game tuner and not an external tuner as the game is tuned to it
Old 10-19-2011, 02:42 PM   #10
KvnRnld

Kvnrnld's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by karmamachine View Post
with the les paul junior that came with the game i've not had any problems yet
LPs tend to have a longer scale, this game was obviously designed w/ those in mind, as that's the pack-in they chose. that's why I'm wondering if that could be the issue. As for the in-game tuner, the game won't let you start a song unless you are in tune with it, but it seems to be pretty accurate anyways. I double checked w/ a chromatic tuner and it was pretty much spot-on.

Last edited by KvnRnld; 10-19-2011 at 02:47 PM.
Old 10-19-2011, 03:33 PM   #11
KvnRnld

Kvnrnld's Gamercard
I called the customer support # on the booklet and informed them of the problem that I've been having and they said that it was the first they'd heard of it. I would suggest that anyone else having this problem call them as well. The problem for me is pretty much isolated to the 3 or 4 lower notes on low E . This is making it close to impossible to play Ducks as a majority seem to be on the 3rd fret @ the beginning.

Last edited by KvnRnld; 10-19-2011 at 03:38 PM.
Old 10-19-2011, 05:24 PM   #12
rcscruff

RCScruff's Gamercard
Do you have any fret buzz on that string? It could be related to it picking up harmonics from the higher frets that the string is buzzing against.
rcscruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 05:59 PM   #13
KvnRnld

Kvnrnld's Gamercard
I'm using 2 Hagstroms a Super Swede and a F300. No fret buzz on either. both have a 25.5 neck scale. I guess I had it backwards because after some research I've learned that a LP jr. has a 24.75 scale, I was under the impression that all LPs were 27". I have no Idea whether the scale could make a difference within the game, as I really don't know much about that, but It's the only thing I can think of after trying pretty much everything else. If somebody in the know could verify if this could be the problem or not please let me know. If I had access to a different guitar I could test it out, but both my guitars are the same scale.

This problem has made playing "Vaseline" a living hell! lol.

Last edited by KvnRnld; 10-19-2011 at 06:18 PM.
Old 10-19-2011, 06:30 PM   #14
rcscruff

RCScruff's Gamercard
I'm stumped as to why you are having problems. I played for about 2 hours with no problems. I don't see why scale should have any effect at all. I used a LP last night which has the 24.75" scale. I'll give my strat (25.5") a try tonight and check in later.
Old 10-19-2011, 07:05 PM   #15
KvnRnld

Kvnrnld's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcscruff View Post
I'm stumped as to why you are having problems. I played for about 2 hours with no problems. I don't see why scale should have any effect at all. I used a LP last night which has the 24.75" scale. I'll give my strat (25.5") a try tonight and check in later.

Cool, thanks!
Old 10-19-2011, 07:16 PM   #16
Tarento

Tarento7386's Gamercard
Hey, I just tuned down my E string a little bit, and it's working like a BEAUTY. The best thing is that Rocksmith still senses it as perfectly in tune.
Old 10-20-2011, 02:12 PM   #17
rcscruff

RCScruff's Gamercard
No problem with the strat and 25.5 scale. Based on the number of people jumping into this thread, its apparently not an isolated problem, but I suspect it is not related to the scale of the guitar.