Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Halo 3
Subscribe    Donate

Old 10-26-2011, 02:21 AM   #1
AtomicThumbs

AtomicThumbs's Gamercard
Can the language trick get you banned?

I'm wondering if anyone has been banned for using the language trick to get matched up in Lone Wolves.

The population of Lone Wolves is so low these days that I wonder if the trick is even necessary.
AtomicThumbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 05:39 AM   #2
afahncke

I'm kinda wondering the same thing......overkill is 1 of 2 achievements needed for this game yet.....

Anyone know??
afahncke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 08:56 PM   #3
WooliestRaptor

Wooliest Raptor's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by afahncke View Post
I'm kinda wondering the same thing......overkill is 1 of 2 achievements needed for this game yet.....

Anyone know??
I'm not sure what trick is being referred to, but if I get in trouble just for setting my language filter to german, I'm going to be pretty annoyed about it. Of course, it never makes a difference and I always get matched up with english speakers.
Old 11-01-2012, 12:35 AM   #4
iBuzz7S

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 2
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by WooliestRaptor View Post
I'm not sure what trick is being referred to, but if I get in trouble just for setting my language filter to german, I'm going to be pretty annoyed about it. Of course, it never makes a difference and I always get matched up with english speakers.
That's kinda the point. You change the language and have others do the same, then you all search together, in hope of getting matched up in an online ranked match.

Pretty sure it is a bannable offence, as you are using an exploit online.

iBuzz7S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 12:16 AM   #5
WooliestRaptor

Wooliest Raptor's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by iBuzz7S View Post
That's kinda the point. You change the language and have others do the same, then you all search together, in hope of getting matched up in an online ranked match.

Pretty sure it is a bannable offence, as you are using an exploit online.
I suppose that makes sense. In fairness, I change it because I like speaking German.
Old 12-11-2012, 06:43 PM   #6
that505guy

That505Guy's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Yes I boosted 120 games then finally got my ban after recieving multiple perfections. First time offence is a 1week ban from halo 3 servers. thereafter console ban for 1 week then I believe it continues with that 1 week console ban. I cannot confirm the console ban but the guys I boost with get console banned. The way you get caught is for too many good medals I.E. perfections sprees and multi kills. Just make the game look real and your good. But if your just doing it for achievements the ban hammer wont catch on for just a few games of LW.
that505guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 10:00 PM   #7
upindat

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
I too have just came back to this and starting to boost. Boosted all but the lone wolf stuff no problems. What will get you banned is an idle controller or guest. My friend got a week ban for xp because they were boost xp with muptile guest and quitting matches. They have an automatic system that detects this. Other wise your goldern.The problem is finding enough people that are within 10 ranks of you so you get paired up.
Old 12-14-2012, 03:29 PM   #8
makota niehe

makoto niehe's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicThumbs View Post
I'm wondering if anyone has been banned for using the language trick to get matched up in Lone Wolves.

The population of Lone Wolves is so low these days that I wonder if the trick is even necessary.
Changing your language won't get you banned, however, Bungie/Xbox Live found a way to stick it to you for boosting by changing the language. As of late, some people are reporting when you gain an achievement in another language, it stays in that language. Say you go out and boost in Chinese; when you switch back to English, all achievements gained under Chinese will still read in Chinese.

It may also be a Chinese glitch, who knows. If you're gonna boost, here's the rule of thumb. In each match, everyone (real people and guests) must get a kill and be killed at least once; moving around helps. Also, whatever game you are in, everyone stays in til the game is complete; for example, in a Lone Wolf game of Slayer - after everyone boosting gets all the achievements they can, play til someone gets 25 kills or the time runs out.
makota niehe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 05:44 PM   #9
shadowr4ven

Shadow XBL's Gamercard
FYI, I had one achievement I gained by that trick and it was in korean or something. But if you delete and redownload your profile, it is fixed.
Old 04-17-2013, 03:43 AM   #10
makota niehe

makoto niehe's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowr4ven View Post
FYI, I had one achievement I gained by that trick and it was in korean or something. But if you delete and redownload your profile, it is fixed.
thank you for the update
Old 04-28-2013, 03:24 PM   #11
Chaz Of Sparta

Chaz Of Sparta's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
I find it funny how Bungie/343 implement all these systems to ban boosters, when the reason people keep doing it is because of the stupid luck-based achievements they put in every game. :P
Quote:
Originally Posted by xhunterrrr View Post
Big advantage of a console? Don't have to play with "PC master race" idiots.

Chaz Of Sparta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 02:06 PM   #12
Fueled by Rage

Fueled by Rage's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowr4ven View Post

Yes,I had to do that too. I never got banned but my friends and I just went in got what we wanted and quited out.
Fueled by Rage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 09:04 PM   #13
I PURESPEED I

Shoeless Jon's Gamercard
I got suspended for a week for doing a few achievements in succession in a Russian lobby. Thankfully Bungie doesn't have the power to take away achievements. If you're quick enough and do a bunch of them before they notice you'll be fine. I mean it's not like you're ever going to be playing Halo 3 anymore most likely now that Halo Reach and Halo 4 are out!
Old 11-06-2013, 02:26 AM   #14
makota niehe

makoto niehe's Gamercard
The key to avoiding the banhammer in Halo3 and Reach -

1) Avoid hanging out in the lobbies too long. If you're waiting for friends and boosters, stay on the Halo 3 startup screen. The banhammer watches for idleness on the battlefield as well as the lobby.

2) Quit too often in a short amount of time - have a timeout via the hammer. In Lone Wolf, quitting will cause your Skill Level to drop - this is beneficial only if you are just a couple levels higher and trying to match up with a language boosting party. ** be careful though, it can screw you over. I was a Level 25 in LW, de-ranked to join people coming up, ended up stuck at Lvl 16 for 5 months, even after winning and out-playing higher ranked, until my last LW achievo popped and tonight, 6 months later, it still lists me as Lvl 17 Private 2nd class. Also, lost my Spartan Officer shoulder patch in my service record.

3) *Very Important* Every player, including guest accounts, need one kill and one death in each match, in addition to some movement throughout the map.