PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Grand Theft Auto V
Subscribe    Donate

Old 11-02-2011, 07:14 PM   #1
LickableLemons7

LickableLemons7's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 2   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - DEG23   Micro Guide - Bronze   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Submit - Bronze   2,500 Posts   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 10 (more» ...)
Hype and Opinions

I have never played a GTA game, ever. I've not even played it at a friend's. Sad, isn't it? But I have played other Rockstar games, such as Red Dead Redemption, and fully enjoyed it. Even though Rockstar has only released a logo and a trailer for the game, people seem overly excited for it. I don't understand. Will this game be worth it, in your eyes? I mean, we can't really judge it, as we hardly have any info on this subject yet. But what I want to know is, what are some of your opinions about the GTA series in general? Is GTA 4 worth playing before GTA 5 is released? I mean, I have a lot of time, don't I?
Old 11-02-2011, 07:33 PM   #2
niko da bos

asari command0's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Red face

ya there is probably a whole year or so before they release this game, so you could easily have a relaxed playthru on GTAIV. that game was actually pretty unique in my opinion, you could make friends / girlfriends and use your cell phone to schedule outings (drinking at a bar, bowling, strip club).

im sure you already know the basic idea of the game, you pretty much free-roam a random city and do what you please. the game is in 3rd person, and there are a whole heap off NPCs scattered around. (NPC = non player char).they react to everything you do, from bumping into a group while running from the cops, to pointing a pistol at their head.

they set you up with a main character, and give a little backstory so you know why he has motivation to kill hundreds of innocent people lol. there are a fair ammount of missions and locations, giving you a lot of freedom with exploring the map. i guess it appeals to alot of gamers in different ways, but for me the main thing is you cannot act this way in real life lol.
^^
i love to drive my car on the sidewalk, it provides endless laughs when you see people scatter and fly over the hood of your car. now you just cannot do that stuff in real life, i doubt you would make it 2 blocks :P

Last edited by niko da bos; 11-02-2011 at 07:36 PM.
niko da bos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 07:57 PM   #3
MxPx

MxPx's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
There's a trailer out already. I think the game looks sick. I cannot wait to play this. If you like RDR, you will probably like GTA. Saying that you don't understand how people are hyped for this game is like you not understanding how someone can get hyped if they saw a trailer for RDR 2.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QkkoHAzjnUs

Last edited by MxPx; 11-02-2011 at 08:00 PM.
MxPx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 11:09 PM   #4
StolenKyle/

Send a message via AIM to StolenKyle/ Send a message via MSN to StolenKyle/

KyleDDx's Gamercard
Well since you haven't played ANY GTA's, I would recommend you play them all from 3, Vice City, San Andreas, all the way to IV. But I would understand if you wouldn't want to suffer through the bad graphics

But if you really want a taste of GTA and get as hyped as we are, I recommend buying GTA IV and just coast through the game all year, I guarantee you will have a good time. I put around 350 to 400 hours into GTA IV. I mean now you can buy it for cheap so it wouldn't cost that much for you.

So please try it out
Old 11-02-2011, 11:27 PM   #5
Barad

Location: Bristol, England Occupation: Undergraduate Status: Doing a raid
Send a message via Skype™ to Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase The Mighty Duck Face   Achievement Guide - Emerald   The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Community Gaming - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester
Total Awards: 24 (more» ...)
I've played every GTA game and San Andreas & 4 have to be the best. This one is gonna be a lot like GTA 4, probably not better but still amazing.

Barad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 02:23 AM   #6
MediumMelanin

Location: The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

A Small Breeze's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Oh. My. GOD! Dude, get your ass off whatever you're on and get yourself all 3D GTA games, NOW! You've never even played THE best Action/Adventure series of all time. GRAND THEFT AUTO V will blow minds, I was blown away JUST by the trailer, which will be NOTHING compared to the full game!

pixels
MediumMelanin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 02:24 AM   #7
MxPx

MxPx's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Is it bad I don't even remember GTA3?

I know I played/beat it. Also beat Vice City. Beat GTA4. Never played San Andreas though.
Old 11-03-2011, 12:05 AM   #8
AKirk93

AKirk93's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by LickableLemons7 View Post
Even though Rockstar has only released a logo and a trailer for the game, people seem overly excited for it. I don't understand. Will this game be worth it, in your eyes? I mean, we can't really judge it, as we hardly have any info on this subject yet.
It's like when a new Elder Scrolls game is announced; suddenly we all remember how much fun the previous games were and it's the idea that a bigger, better game is in developement that gets us excited. Hope that makes sense.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LickableLemons7 View Post
But what I want to know is, what are some of your opinions about the GTA series in general? Is GTA 4 worth playing before GTA 5 is released? I mean, I have a lot of time, don't I?
Well, Vice City and San Andreas are two of the most enjoyable games I've ever played. The best part of the games is going on crime sprees throughout the city. I still have fond memories of entering a weapons cheat, climbing to the roof of a building and unleashing hell on any NPC's who were unlucky enough to pass by (I was what 10, 11 years old at the time). Plus I always liked the fact that no matter how out of hand your rampages got, the only consequence was that you got fined at the nearest police station.
The storylines of both games were also very well written so that you would happily accept any development, even when you were stealing a jet pack from an Area 51 style military base. I can't comment on GTA IV as I have never got around to playing it but I'm sure everyone else will be able to give you their opinions.
Old 11-03-2011, 01:52 AM   #9
DEG23
Listening to 1989

DEG23 x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Silver   Staff Club - DEG23   Donator - Level 5   CABS Beta Tester   Staff - Moderator   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Staff Club - Rajeanero   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   Staff Club - TemporalWizard   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Nozza x360a
Total Awards: 23 (more» ...)
I can't believe you haven't played a GTA game Lickablelemons, were you locked away as a child, lol

Not sure how you would find GTA5 if it was your first GTA game, i started playing the series with GTA2 and have enjoyed all of them since, saying that, i went back and tried playing GTA2 a few years ago and didn't get the same sense of joy as i did when i played it back in grade school.

So in my eyes GTA5 will be amazing (Rockstar usually don't let me down) but for someone who hasn't grown up playing the series, then it will probably be just another game you play through and enjoy but don't really come back to it often.

For me personally i found that once i finsihed the story and side missions in RDR there really wasn't a reason to keep playing, but in GTA i have spend up to 100+ hours after gaining 100%, just causing mayhem and doing stupid stuff, surprisingly, it never gets boring.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorilla Stomper View Post
I refuse to use Spotify because they have no Taylor Swift albums.
DEG23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 12:55 AM   #10
Efase

Efase's Gamercard
Haven't played much GTA either. Only typical killing spree and stuff, so i might not be buying GTA V on day one.

Thanks a lot to Gackt

The blog where I write Please drop by
Efase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 08:31 PM   #11
LickableLemons7

LickableLemons7's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 2   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - DEG23   Micro Guide - Bronze   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Submit - Bronze   2,500 Posts   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 10 (more» ...)
Thanks for all the replies, everyone! Looks like I may be able to get GTA 4: The Complete Edition sometime next May or April, after playing Skyrim, Mass Effect, Mass Effect 2, Mass Effect 3, Deus Ex, getting to 100% completion in RDR, etc... and playing San Andreas before getting GTA 4. Downloading it off of Games on Demand now! I'd say it's gonna be a damn good deal for 1200 MSP.

Last edited by LickableLemons7; 11-06-2011 at 08:37 PM.
LickableLemons7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 09:59 PM   #12
Slayinfool

They need to improve the bad controls in the game and the sticky cover system. Cars drove like they were on ice all the time. GTA4 was the first GTA game that I actually hated the driving. Plus add mission check points.

Last edited by Slayinfool; 12-25-2011 at 10:36 PM.
Slayinfool is offline   Reply With Quote