PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Grand Theft Auto V
Subscribe    Donate

Old 11-03-2011, 12:55 PM   #1
Barad

Location: Bristol, England Occupation: Undergraduate Status: Doing a raid
Send a message via Skype™ to Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Emerald   The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Community Gaming - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer
Total Awards: 23 (more» ...)
GTA V gonna come out 2012 or..?

One of my buddies told me the game won't come for at least another 2 years then why did the trailer pop so early? My guess is summer 12?

CURRENTLY PLAYING: THE CREW

Barad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 01:02 PM   #2
Crimson Ridley

Awards Showcase Staff Club - DEG23   Over Achiever - Platinum   Staff Club - dakisbac   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
I think it'll be 2012. Maybe the 10 year anniversary of Vice City?

Many thanks to Cpt Slaugh7er (xboxachievements.com) for the signature!

My xba account: Crimson Ridley
My PSN account: CrimsonRidley

R.I.P. to the most wonderful person to have ever lived; my Nanna. 03/11/1932 - 06/10/2013. You will be forever remembered, and forever missed. I love you so much.
Crimson Ridley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 01:24 PM   #3
Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Emerald   The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Community Gaming - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer
Would mean they've been working on this since before LA Noire then..could be possible didn't even notice it's been 10 years since Vice City already!

Old 11-03-2011, 01:28 PM   #4
Crimson Ridley

Awards Showcase Staff Club - DEG23   Over Achiever - Platinum   Staff Club - dakisbac   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Word of Mouth
Well, Rockstar North are the developers of the game and since Red Dead Redemption, they've only been working on Agent and this, and what with Agent's very sketchy development, GTA V seems to have been the sole priority. They had nothing to do with L.A. Noire, so they've had plenty of time to get this done.

My guess is they have been working on it since GTA IV. Going by the GTA IV trailers, the graphics were an exact representation of the final game and in this trailer everything seems to be running smoothly. My guess is they just need to put the finishing touches on it and get it classified and it'll be ready to go.

R.I.P. to the most wonderful person to have ever lived; my Nanna. 03/11/1932 - 06/10/2013. You will be forever remembered, and forever missed. I love you so much.
Old 11-03-2011, 01:31 PM   #5
Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Well if you put it that way then I guess we can expect the game pretty soon.

Old 11-03-2011, 01:41 PM   #6
Crimson Ridley

I really hope so. Rockstar do not tend to give details until they are absolutely sure of what they are doing with the game. I think the only time they've released footage and details of a game and something has gone wrong, was GTA 4; where it was delayed by 6 months.

I don't see it coming out in May, unless track record has changed:

GTA 1 - October (EU)
GTA: London: April
GTA 2 - October
GTA 3 - October
GTA Vice City - October (NA)
GTA Advance - October
GTA San Andreas - October
GTA LCS - October
GTA VCS - October (NA)
GTA 4 - April
GTA LATD - February (Xbox) but April (PS3 NA)
GTA Chinatown Wars - March (DS) but October (PSP)
GTA BOGT - October (Xbox), April (PS3)

If it stays that way, then an October or an April release would be very likely. April would mark 4 years since GTA IV, October would mark 10 years since GTA VC.

Old 11-03-2011, 01:50 PM   #7
Lord Montymort

brianx88's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Well first they could have just announced it and released the trailer to stop the information been leaked by another source, however I'm convinced it will be out next year.
R* currently only has Max Pain 3 set for next year, and to be honest I don't see that been a game that'll attract many newcomers, and it'll mostly be the fans of the first two games that get it.
Second, as said above, R* North has probably been working on this since they finished RDR, add to that the fact that it looks like this'll probably be running on a improved mix of the GTA IV, RDR and (possibly) L.A Noire engines, and the fact that this isn't there first time building Los Santos, this game will probably have been a lot easier for them to build than GTA IV was.

I'm expecting that we'll be seeing GTA V this time next year.
Old 11-05-2011, 09:13 PM   #8
MediumMelanin

Location: The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

A Small Breeze's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Well, my best bet is: October 23, 2012. Yep, I am sticking with that date! All other GTAs (with the exception of the first and the fourth installments) have released in late October! Max Payne 3 is coming out in March 2012, so they wouldn't release GTA V so soon after that game. Let's not forget that they're still working on Agent...so who knows...? According to that leak from a Rockstar Games employee, it was true on what he said about the video, so why would the rest be fake? He mentioned that the game jokes around about 12/21/2012, so the game can't release after this date, since it would be stupid, and not as funny if we played GTA V in 2013. So, there ya have it, that's my two cents!

pixels
MediumMelanin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 10:35 AM   #9
Metalligav

Metalligav 84's Gamercard
Zavvi already have GTA V avaliable for preorder, with a release date of 23/11/12.

Last edited by Metalligav; 11-06-2011 at 10:38 AM.
Metalligav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 10:22 PM   #10
Paka

bucfanpaka's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Ok, I'll place my bet now on 12/12/12.
Old 11-04-2011, 05:27 AM   #11
i got squeezed

i got squeezed's Gamercard
Well according to OXM of rumor dates its Summer 2012, June 2012, September 2nd 2012, and November 23rd 2012.

Gamestop posted September, which thats on a Sunday, impossible.
Old 11-04-2011, 10:34 AM   #12
Crimson Ridley

24/5 does seem to be relevant, but there are reports that Sam Houser's birthday is 24/5/1972, so that may be why it shows up in the trailer.

Then again, I understand putting it on the plane in BOGT, but I don't see why he would put it as the house number and use a song released on the same day.

May he wants to release the game for his 40th birthday?

Old 11-04-2011, 09:16 PM   #13
Archvile78

xRiBx Archvile's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Callum x360a View Post
24/5 does seem to be relevant, but there are reports that Sam Houser's birthday is 24/5/1972, so that may be why it shows up in the trailer.

Then again, I understand putting it on the plane in BOGT, but I don't see why he would put it as the house number and use a song released on the same day.

May he wants to release the game for his 40th birthday?
With Max Payne 3 coming out in March 2012 i'd be surprised if R* released GTA V shortly after but who knows! They like to raise speculation with their trailers and once again they succeeded with the first trailer it seems...it was expected.
Archvile78 is offline   Reply With Quote