PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Sonic Generations
Subscribe    Donate

Old 11-03-2011, 03:33 PM   #1
TheMacBulletin

The MacBulletin's Gamercard
is it worth getting??

Hey guys
Im trying to decide if this game is worth getting or not i am a massive sonic fan but i have been disappointed with recent sonic titles. I just kind of need to know if its worth getting??? as Skyrim is out next week and i will be playing that alot when it comes out. Thanks in advance
TheMacBulletin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 03:50 PM   #2
PoMoGub

PoMoGub's Gamercard
This is the one we've been waiting for. This game busted nostalgia all over my face and I couldn't be happier with it.

Actually, scratch that. The final boss is fucking terrible so I could be happier. Overall, it's a fantastic game.

Last edited by PoMoGub; 11-03-2011 at 03:54 PM.
PoMoGub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 03:59 PM   #3
Karl of Duty XP

Karl of Duty XP's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoMoGub View Post
This is the one we've been waiting for. This game busted nostalgia all over my face and I couldn't be happier with it.
Sounds good to me! I really hope it is an improvement over the last several though. As an original Sonic fan from the Mega Drive days, I started to lose hope after the Dreamcast era.

OnLive Player Tag - Karl of Duty XP

Included with my Limited Edition Gears of War 3 BradyGames guide were free downloadable e-guides of Gears of War and Gears of War 2. If you want to download them for free as well you can get them from here. Enjoy.

Last edited by Karl of Duty XP; 11-04-2011 at 06:44 AM.
Karl of Duty XP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 01:20 AM   #4
Pormogo

underworld toad's Gamercard
Bosses could use work
game length is short overall
Modern controls are a tad clunky
Not too many areas

Those are the only negatives I can think of. Realistically, I love the fuck out of this and believe it's worth a buy for Sonic fans. I love the feel for both Classic and Modern, and couldn't be happier with the areas chosen for each one, not to mention other Sonic titles are in the game as well. A true nostalgia trip for Sega kids.

Thanks to N3xus Gam3r!
Pormogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 02:28 AM   #5
Segasonicdude

segasonicdude's Gamercard
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pormogo View Post
Bosses could use work
game length is short overall
Modern controls are a tad clunky
Not too many areas

Those are the only negatives I can think of. Realistically, I love the fuck out of this and believe it's worth a buy for Sonic fans. I love the feel for both Classic and Modern, and couldn't be happier with the areas chosen for each one, not to mention other Sonic titles are in the game as well. A true nostalgia trip for Sega kids.
I thought the exact same as you
It's a great game for new and old sonic fans. I can't wait for some DLC
Segasonicdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 10:49 AM   #6
Anthrizacks

Turbofist's Gamercard
Brevity is not a complaint that should be issued against Sonic games, when all the originals are less than an hour long (depending on skill). Four hours on the main storyline and I still have plenty of stages to play. That's more than enough Sonic for me.

The game is extremely good aside from the final boss, which in my opinion is horrible.
Anthrizacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 01:36 AM   #7
RadicalRuster

Radical Ruster's Gamercard
Yeah this was the one song game that I was over-the-top super excited about and even though I beat it within...I'd say almost 4 hours, I still love and play it!

I agree about the final boss...totally confusing and Sonic's friends going "IT'S A WARPING ARM ATTACK!" or "IT'S A HOMING ATTACK!" made me just rage more XDDD
RadicalRuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 11:37 AM   #8
Asuren

Photospheres's Gamercard
If you're a Sonic fan, yes. Very quick and enjoyable 1000GS. 3 achievements require online.
Gameplay issues I had:
Bosses were easy.
Challenges were easy.
S rank was way easy.
Yea, they have hard mode, but no achievements for doing hard mode so not worth my time.
Asuren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 10:39 PM   #9
minefieldmonkey

minefieldmonkey's Gamercard
loved the game especially the classic levels modern sonic controls cud be awkward at times found it trying on sky sanctuary at times and the last boss left a LOT to be desired "it looks like a homing attack" really annoying
minefieldmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 01:37 AM   #10
NeoSoul

X 251 X Envy's Gamercard
i agree that a lot of the sonic games have fallen flat but this one was actually a lot of fun for me
NeoSoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 02:04 AM   #11
Skititlez

Send a message via AIM to Skititlez Send a message via MSN to Skititlez Send a message via Skype™ to Skititlez

Skititlez's Gamercard
I'm loving it. The game's "campaign" is a tad short, but there's a lot to do even after you beat the game.

Have Pinball FX 2 and want a very easy way to get up to 225 of its 1400? Then check out this thread!
Skititlez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 01:15 AM   #12
catowl

Admiral Blake's Gamercard
Yes this has been the best sonic for ages, ok the boss fights arent great but thats the only bad thing!
Old 07-18-2012, 01:23 AM   #13
Kairi
Guide and Award Staff

Send a message via Skype™ to Kairi

Kairi x360's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Silver   Road Map - Silver   CABS Beta Tester   Green Thumb - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   Community Gaming - Silver   Submit - Emerald   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   The Helping Hand   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   5,000 Posts   XBA Promoter
Total Awards: 16 (more» ...)
I think that this game would be worth getting. It is very enjoyable to play!

Thank you KillerBEA for the avatar and Rajeanero for the signature!

Mords-toi la langue, tu vas finir par me plaire...
Je ne me passe plus de vous. Je ne me passe plus de tout...

Kairi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 12:18 AM   #14
CountMD

CountMd's Gamercard
This game's final boss could of been better of course but finally Sega just did right with the levels. I hate to say repetitive stuff that others have been saying a lot but this game really does take a stroll back to your childhood from genesis to dreamcast to now.... This game deserves DLC to make it better and so people could have the best of their favorite generation of Sonic.
CountMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 06:23 PM   #15
JoeSpar89

JoeSpar89's Gamercard
I liked it, it's not a difficult 1000gs either.
JoeSpar89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 04:24 PM   #16
anon

Anyone else wonder how this is one of the best games in the Sonic Series but by then next new Sonic game to come out (Sonic the Hedgehog Episode II for example) it's probably going to receive a bad score just because Classic Sonic isn't there? I mean doesn't anyone remember what GT said about Sonic Colors? About wanting to have Classic Sonic in a 3D game?

And it's low rating despite other game reviewers thinking Sonic Colors was a generally good game?

Also, the part in the introduction about Sonic getting poorly received game reviews, GT is a big one to talk. And what is this other stuff talking about unresponsive controls?

I mean true I have this game on Xbox 360 and sometimes I still fall to my death when it fails to respond to the A button but I think that's more because of my slow reactions and I'm just not used to playing as Classic Sonic sometimes.

As for the frustrating objectives, isn't that completely the entire point of the challenge? And this may be a little bias coming from me since I've only been a Sonic fan for about 5 years now and I've played mostly the newer Sonic games, but will GT just stop ranting about the Classic games? I'm pretty sure they were really good and I would like to play them sometime, but even the classic Sonic games has got to have some of it's downs just as often as it's ups. Yet all I hear is GT ranting 'how the Classic Sonic Games were so flawless', 'This finally puts Sonic back into the spot light', 'It's because Classic Sonic is in this game that the Sonic Franchise is saved' Blah Blah Blah... I mean common GT we know you think the 2D games are great and I respect your opinion to a point.

I just wish you would stop belittling the Modern Sonic so much it's the worst thing that SEGA has ever done. And to make things clear to everyone reading this, I'm NOT criticizing Sonic Generations- I LOVE the game just as much as any die hard Sonic fan! What I AM criticizing about is how GameTrailers just won't stop talking about the mistakes of Sonic's history and they loved him better when he was well known in the 1990's. I'm not saying they aren't wrong considering that Sonic the Hedgehog (2006) was a rather rushed game with a lot of glitches and apparently everyone is against Elise x Sonic pairing. But I will give GameTrailers some credit about giving Sonic Generations an 8.1. Unlike GameInformer who unfairly gave Sonic Generations a 6.5 just because they didn't like some stages from previous games!!

WE DO NOT FORGIVE | WE DO NOT FORGET
WE ARE LEGION | WE ARE ANONYMOUS

anon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 11:53 PM   #17
JeremyVersion1

JeremyVersion1's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
No, this game is not worth getting. Horrible controls, frustrating boss battles, same old "speed you up only to throw spikes at you OUT OF FUCKING NOWHERE SO YOU CAN'T STOP IN TIME" Sonic bullshit. If my kids hadn't downloaded this turd, I'd break the fucking disc, set it on fire and bury it.

Fuck this piece of shit, and fuck Sega for publishing it.

Thanks to the great Cpt Slaughter for the VGCE Show Logo!

JeremyVersion1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 02:22 PM   #18
DMagoo24

DMagoo24's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyVersion1 View Post
No, this game is not worth getting. Horrible controls, frustrating boss battles, same old "speed you up only to throw spikes at you OUT OF FUCKING NOWHERE SO YOU CAN'T STOP IN TIME" Sonic bullshit. If my kids hadn't downloaded this turd, I'd break the fucking disc, set it on fire and bury it.

Fuck this piece of shit, and fuck Sega for publishing it.
Wow, everyone else seemed to love it... to each their own. I'll still get it cause my son always wants to play Sonic '06, and I'd rather slam my weiner in a car door then play that...
DMagoo24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 02:29 PM   #19
JeremyVersion1

JeremyVersion1's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMagoo24 View Post
Wow, everyone else seemed to love it... to each their own. I'll still get it cause my son always wants to play Sonic '06, and I'd rather slam my weiner in a car door then play that...
My kids loved it, but they also loved Sonic 06 so....yeah. Fuck this game.

Thanks to the great Cpt Slaughter for the VGCE Show Logo!

JeremyVersion1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 12:22 PM   #20
XBL Rarity

XBL Rarity's Gamercard
It's not perfect by any means, but for what it is, it's not bad. The best thing to do is just try it and see for yourself.
XBL Rarity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 04:18 PM   #21
CloudO2

CloudO2's Gamercard
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyVersion1 View Post
My kids loved it, but they also loved Sonic 06 so....yeah. Fuck this game.
Why do you have to say such mean things sniff you poop mouth sniff

Best Sonic in years in my opinion shame no DLC or Sonic CD level included, maybe future sequel.
CloudO2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 05:56 PM   #22
Phantominatus

Phantominatus's Gamercard
Really loving this game! It's given me so much nostalgic fun times!
Phantominatus is offline   Reply With Quote