PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
Subscribe    Donate

Old 11-10-2011, 10:56 AM   #1
Webb
Ninja Editor

Webb x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase x360a Representer   Referrals - Gold   PAX Meet 2010   x360a Book Club   A+ Thread Award   Achievement Guide - Silver   Staff - Administrator   10,000 posts   Submit - Gold   Bright Idea   Gears of War Tournament Final Four   NBA Live 1000 People Online Supporter
Total Awards: 15 (more» ...)
Achievement Guide and Road Map

Overview:

Estimated achievement difficulty: 4/10 

Offline: 50
Online: 0

Approximate amount of time to 1000: 100-150 hours

Minimum number of playthroughs needed: 1

Number of missable achievements: 1 (Oblivion Walker)
Glitched achievements: None

Do cheat codes disable achievements?: What cheats?

Welcome to Skyrim, the biggest RPG of the year and one of the most rewarding experiences you’re ever likely to have on consoles. Let’s get started!

So, you want a 1,000 Gamerscore from this game, huh?

Well, if so, prepare yourself for a long and arduous ride. It’s not a hard achievement list in any way, shape or form, but combine the achievements and it could take you anywhere in the region of 100-150 hours. Everything else will come along the way if you do all the main questlines and visit a ton of places.

So, where do I start?

The truth is, you can start wherever the hell you want. If you want to start by doing the main questline, go ahead. If you want to start by doing the Thieves Guild, carry on. What I would say is though that when you’re working through the game and whatever else you do around Skyrim, keep one eye on a few of the cumulative achievements (like collecting 100,000 gold, reading 50 skill books and picking 50 pockets & 50 locks), other than that, just do what you want and consult this guide when you need more guidance on how and when to do something.

Oh, and remember to persuade, bribe, and intimidate someone whilst in game… theoretically, if you do hundreds of quests, only sticking to one, you could miss this. Supremely unlikely, but true.

NOTE: Now, I’m not sure what happens if you kill a major questline giver, like the leader of the Thieves Guild or the leader of the Dark Brotherhood or even if you can, so try not to. The Radiant Storytelling system should offer new quest givers, but we didn't find ourselves in that position.

What about that missable achievement?

Oblivion Walker, for getting 15 Daedric artefacts is the only one missable, which we discovered after extensive testing. This is basically because in these 16 quests (although I've only found and listed 15, so what the 16th is, who knows) you need to obtain the artefact in 15 of them, and some of them you can come away without it. So take heed and keep an eye on these artefacts - anything that involves a shrine or some other-worldly spirit of power, take heed. There are only a handful of those that result in no Daedric artefact, but you only need to get 1 wrong and you're out of luck.

So, is there anything else?

Well, no, not really. The beauty with Skyrim’s achievement list is that you can just enjoy your time with the game, from start to finish, with litte fear of missing any achievements along the way so long as you keep an eye out for the Daedric quests. There are a few achievements that are tricky unless you know how too, things like marriage and activating the Dark Brotherhood for one. There’s also some neat tricks on how to get many of the game’s more arduous achievements and clarification on others. At the end of the day though, enjoy yourself. That level 50 achievement is going to take you some time though if you're not using our tips, so use them!

NOTE: You can get all of the achievements on any difficulty level so you might want to check what level it's set to if you start to get a little stuck - some people have found it set to default at a much higher difficulty than others.

Good luck and enjoy your time in Skyrim. It’s a blast!

Main Questline Achievements:

Unbound - 10
Complete "Unbound"

Complete the following main story quests to unlock this quest and then complete it to unlock the achievement:

- Unbound.

Bleak Falls Barrow - 10
Complete "Bleak Falls Barrow"

Complete the following main story quests to unlock this quest and then complete it to unlock the achievement:

- Before the Storm.
- Bleak Falls Barrow.

The Way of the Voice - 20
Complete "The Way of the Voice"

- Dragon Rising.
- The Way of the Voice.

Diplomatic Immunity - 20
Complete "Diplomatic Immunity"

- A Blade in the Dark.
- The Horn of Jurgen Windcaller.
- Diplomatic Immunity.

Alduin's Wall - 20
Complete "Alduin's Wall"

- A Cornered Rat.
- Alduin’s Wall.

Elder Knowledge - 20
Complete "Elder Knowledge"

- The Throat of the World.
- Elder Knowledge.

The Fallen - 20
Complete "The Fallen"

- Alduin’s Bane.
- Season Unending.
- The Fallen.

Dragonslayer - 50
Complete "Dragonslayer"

- The World-Eater’s Eyrie.
- Sovngarde.
- Dragonslayer.

Last edited by Webb; 11-16-2011 at 12:24 AM.
Webb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 10:56 AM   #2
Webb
Ninja Editor

Webb x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase x360a Representer   Referrals - Gold   PAX Meet 2010   x360a Book Club   A+ Thread Award   Achievement Guide - Silver   Staff - Administrator   10,000 posts   Submit - Gold   Bright Idea   Gears of War Tournament Final Four   NBA Live 1000 People Online Supporter
Elemental Fury #1 (Air) - Can be found at Dragontooth Crater, which is in between Solitude and Markarth in the northwest of Skyrim. The large mountain range there.

Throw Voice #1, #2 & #3 (Voice, Fool, Far) - Directly west of Windhelm is a dragon hangout on the top of the big mountain nearest it. The second peak, furthest away, that is. The dragon shout is there… I got all three here, not sure whether that was a glitch. It was guarded by a powerful Daedra though called Krosis. Struggled at level 24.

Disarm #1 (Weapon) – At the top of the mountain, south of Morthal, you’ll find Eldersblood Peak where a dragon and a drgaon shout is.

Disarm #2 (Hand) – When doing the thieves guild mission, “Speaking With Silence,” you’ll head to Snow Veil Sanctum. In the second area Mercer will mention something about being a perfect ambush area. It’s in that room.

Slow Time #1 (Time) – Found during the Mage’s Guild mission, “The Staff of Magnus,” after you fight the Draugr Deathlord by his throne in the final level of the Labyrinthian. As far as I’m aware, you can gain access to this place without doing this mission as you get an artefact to open the door.

Slow Time #2 (Sand) – Northeast of Whiterun, just into the snowy area on the map, you’ll find Korvanjund. In the crypt you’ll find the shout in the area at the bottom. Will come here on the second Imperial/Stormcloak mission.

Clear Skies #1, #2 & #3 (Sky, Spring, Summer) – In the mission, “Throat of the World,” Arngeir will give you all three words for this shout when you get to High Hrothgar.

Dragonrend #1 (Mortal), #2 (Infinite) & #3 (Temporary)–
Learnt during the main quest, “Alduin’s Bane.”

Storm Call #1 (Storm) –
High Gate Ruins – East of Solitude is a huge structure and set of ruins. Head inside and down to the last chamber (Vokun’s Throne Room). After defeating Volkun, the word of power is in the room behind the one you’re in.

Storm Call #2 (Wrath) -
Found in the main quest, “The World-Eater’s Eyrie,” at the Skuldafn Temple level.

Call Dragon #1 (Snow), #2 (Hunter), #3 Wing – Received in the quest, “The Fallen.”

Call of Valor #1 (Hero), #2 (Champion) & #3 (Legend) – Received for completing the main quest, “Dragonslayer.”

There are more of course, but there are enough here to grab the achievement.

Blessed - 10
Select a Standing Stone blessing

See “Standing Stones” for how to net this achievement.

Standing Stones - 30
Find 13 Standing Stones

There are 13 “standing stones” in all, which allows your character to carry one blessing with them until they overwrite it at another stone. Simply walk up to them, activate them and they the effects of it will work for you.

Before I delve into the locations, it’s worth noting that I hadn’t visited all 13 when I got the achievement, so I assume it counted every time I revisted them. Regardless, the locations of the 13 are as follows:

- The Thief Stone – Stealth skills learnt 20% faster
- The Mage Stone – Magic skills learnt 20% faster
- The Warrior Stone – Combat skills learnt 20% faster

Southwest of Riverwood, below a place called Anise’s Cabin. Shouldn’t miss them as you leave Helgen.

- The Ritual Stone – Once a day can reanimate nearby corpses to fight for them.

East of Whiterun slightly south of the river, between Whiterun and Valtheim Towers.

- The Atronach Stone – Larger pool of Magika and absorb spell damage, but recover it more slowly.

The best way to describe this is between Riften and Windhelm, in the marshland. It’s closer to Windhelm than Riften and just the otherside of the mountain range in between the two. It’s near the Eldergleam Sanctuary and the Darkwater Crossing (by the river) to the east of the two.

- The Shadow Stone – Once a day players can become invisible for an extended period.
South of Riften, in the small mountain in the middle before the big mountain range to the south.

- The Steed Stone – Can carry more and don’t suffer a movement penalty from armour.
On the tip of the highest mountain to the mountain, northwest of Solitude.

- The Lady Stone –
Regenerate health and stamina more quickly.
In the lake to the west of Riverwood is a small island where you’ll find this stone.

- The Apprentice Stone – recover magicka more quickly, but are more susceptible to magika damage.
Just south of Solitude, on an island in the small water marshland, you’ll find this stone.

- The Tower Stone –
Automatically open Expert or lower locks.
Smack bang in the middle of Winterhold and Dawnstar, up on a mountain.

- The Lover Stone – All skills improve faster.
Directly east of Markarth, about one fifth of the way to Solitude.

- The Lord Stone – More resistant to magika and physical damage.
Southwest of Dawnstar in the mountain range, on the northern peak.

- The Serpent Stone - Use a ranged paralyzing poison on an opponent once a day.
Directly east of Winterhold and north of Windhelm. In the sea on a floating iceberg of sorts.

Marge: Have you noticed any change in Bart
Homer: New glasses?
Marge: Noooo... He looks like something maybe disturbing him
Homer: Probably misses his old glasses
Marge: We could get more involved in Bart's activities, but then I'd be afraid of smothering him
Homer: Yeah, and then we'd get the chair.
Marge: That's not what I meant!
Homer: It was Marge, admit it.

Last edited by Webb; 11-15-2011 at 09:18 PM.
Old 11-10-2011, 06:09 PM   #3
rza_2002

IxI BRADY IxI's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Webb View Post

Master - 50
Reach Level 50

This achievement will be the last one you get, easily. In 117 hours I got to level 38 and that level 50 still seems like hours and hours away. Probably 50+ EEK!!
theres a couple of "Cheap" ways to level quickly

1/ The Illusion spell "muffle" you can cast this anywhere and everywhere, i just put it on my left hand [weapon on right] and as i explored everywhere i kept pressing LT and is currently the only skill i have at 100

2/ not sure if the patch fixed this or not, but if your close enough to an enemy and he cant see you, you can sneak constantly into the wall/corner .. i just rubberbanded the analog stick and left it while i watched tv

3/ heavy armour / light armour / block can all be levelled by finding an enemy thats not gonna kill you and just standing there [although it takes ages and its boring so i never bothered]

4/ Alchemy, i never realised this until about 50hours into my playthrough, all ingredients have 4 [perks or w/e] you can either experiment to find out or buy the recipes [from alchemy stores] turns out the the top left of EVERYTHING is found out by eating it. if you've got loads of cash just head to all the alchemy shops, buy all the ingredients you can and just sit and make potions, then sell them all again afterwards and start again

5/ I've only done 5 main quests and 12 side quests but i'm level 53 [in 73 hours or so] (87 quests and 182 misc objectives)

Quote:

Oblivion Walker - 30
Collect 15 Daedric Artifacts

Sanguine’s Rose – In the Vilemyr Inn in Ivarstead you’ll meet a chap called Sam Guevenne <--- This Appears to be random, as i got the quest in Riften and others have found it elsewhere

The Black Star – If you head to Azura’s Shrine on the top of the big mountain, just south of Winterhold you can start “The Black Star” quest and eventually get The Black Star artefact. <--- Depending on your choice here you can get Azura's star instead

Potential Daedric Artefacts (unconfirmed):

I'll give you some that are confirmed [I'll try find the actual quest names in my log[

Mehrunes Razor - complete the quest at the museum in Dawnstar [Quest Name - Pieces Of The Past]

Wabbajack - Solitude, i was told there was a guy acting strange, found him and then the missions starts in Blue Palace [Pegasus Room] [Quest Name - The Mind Of Madness]

Savior's Hide - Falkreath, in the jail there is a guy who gives u his cursed ring, complete the storyline [Quest Name - Ill Met By Moonlight]

Masque of Clavicus Vile - the guard tells you the blacksmith has lost his dog, start the quest, find a talking dog, meet clavicus vile, DO NOT kill barbas with the axe, give it back to Clavicus [Quest Name - A Daedra's Best Friend]

rza_2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 06:18 PM   #4
Webb
Ninja Editor

Webb x360a's Gamercard

Superb stuff rza, cheers for that. Just working on a news piece, but will update the guide this evening will all those handy tips.

Also, the whole level thing, I've not actually been trying to force the issue yet, my level 38 is just from playing legitimately (without those awesome shortcuts), so I might drop down the overall time by a good 50 hours then if that's the case.

Marge: We could get more involved in Bart's activities, but then I'd be afraid of smothering him
Old 11-10-2011, 07:01 PM   #5
rza_2002

Quote:
Superb stuff rza, cheers for that. Just working on a news piece, but will update the guide this evening will all those handy tips.
no probs, got 39 active quests so theres a good chance i might find some more, will let u know if i do

any chance of a map picture/location for the following? or draw/paint/direct me from my map i cant for the life of me find it [unless i dont understand basic directions], and my map is pretty much FULL

Directly west of Windhelm is a dragon hangout called Shearpoint on the top of the big mountain nearest it. The second peak, furthest away, that is.

Oh and if you do the thieves guild as early as possible, once you have the skeleton key dont do the next mission, you can keep it [and thus level lockpicking a lot faster as you can open master locks etc] i'm at 73 just now gonna try make it to 100 before i do there last quest

Last edited by rza_2002; 11-10-2011 at 07:13 PM.
Old 11-10-2011, 07:17 PM   #6
Webb
Ninja Editor

Webb x360a's Gamercard

Sure... Take a look here below:

Actually, if people want maps, I can provide them easily enough, just let me know what they want and I can grab some screens.

Old 11-11-2011, 12:11 AM   #7
Webb
Ninja Editor

Webb x360a's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by rza_2002 View Post
Masque of Clavicus Vile - the guard tells you the blacksmith has lost his dog, start the quest, find a talking dog, meet clavicus vile, DO NOT kill barbas with the axe, give it back to Clavicus [Quest Name - A Daedra's Best Friend]
Can you remember where this one was dude? Thanks in advance.

Oh, and TK, I thought it was hard to start with until I found a shortcut... forget to delete it

Old 11-11-2011, 09:57 AM   #8
rza_2002

Quote:
Can you remember where this one was dude? Thanks in advance. [Clavicus Vile]
my bad its also in Falkreath, i approached from the east and the first guard at the gate mentioned it

Another Good tip to level magic / 2hand is as follows, not sure if i'm retarded but it took me ages to actually realise

Set a spell on both your left and right hands for skills you dont use[and cant level up just by casting on yourself] Left i have (Conjuration - Confure Flame Atronach) & Right (Alteration - Stoneflesh) if you put a 2 handed weapon as a favourite, press up on the dpad then RT to equip it (not sure if it works with 1 handed) at the start of EVERY Battle or whenever you magic is full again, (favourites, RT on the equipped weapon) it removes the weapon and give you your 2 spells again, LT then RT and then equip the weapon again so your levelling 3 skills instead of just the 1

Last edited by rza_2002; 11-11-2011 at 10:11 AM.
Old 11-11-2011, 10:36 AM   #9
Webb
Ninja Editor

Webb x360a's Gamercard

Quote:
my bad its also in Falkreath, i approached from the east and the first guard at the gate mentioned it

Another Good tip to level magic / 2hand is as follows, not sure if i'm retarded but it took me ages to actually realise

Set a spell on both your left and right hands for skills you dont use[and cant level up just by casting on yourself] Left i have (Conjuration - Confure Flame Atronach) & Right (Alteration - Stoneflesh) if you put a 2 handed weapon as a favourite, press up on the dpad then RT to equip it (not sure if it works with 1 handed) at the start of EVERY Battle or whenever you magic is full again, (favourites, RT on the equipped weapon) it removes the weapon and give you your 2 spells again, LT then RT and then equip the weapon again so your levelling 3 skills instead of just the 1
Yeah, found it last night when searching for the other Falkreath quest. Tar.

Found another Daedric quest as well... Will finish it today and add it to the list:

– During the main quest you’ll meet Septimus Sigmus who will send you off to get an Elder Scrolls. During this quest he will start another quest called “Discearning the Transmundane” where you’ll have to take an imprint of the Elder Scroll on his Lexicon. Giving that to Septimus then opens up the next stage: harvesting blood of an Orc, Dark Elf, Wood Elf, High Elf and Falmer – honestly, do this quest as early as possible so you can grab the blood as you go along. Every time you can harvest some blood it will give you an option when you interact with their corpse (harvest blood or search body). Get all 5 and head back to Septimus’ outpost, north of Winterhold.

I'm up to 41 from 38 in an hour or so from last night just by training, using two-handed weapons (which I never use) and smithing. As many tips though is a good thing

Old 11-12-2011, 05:52 AM   #10
Khayyinn

Khayyinn's Gamercard
Talking Easy 100 in Sneak

Quote:

2/ not sure if the patch fixed this or not, but if your close enough to an enemy and he cant see you, you can sneak constantly into the wall/corner .. i just rubberbanded the analog stick and left it while i watched tv
Still works after patch. It doesn't even have to be an enemy. I found a fish jumping in a waterfall and am currently gaining levels in sneak by moving into a rock next to it.
Khayyinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 08:23 AM   #11
LouisvileBurnin

LouisvileBurnin's Gamercard
Should mention "One with the Shadows" as a missable achievement. If you sell the Thieves Guild armor before you let Tanilla upgrade it she will be locked in that dialogue (to upgrade it) and will never give you the Guild Master's armor to complete the achievement. If you've sold it to her you CAN NEVER GET IT BACK. EXTREMELY frustrating.

Currently Working On:
Dead Space 2 // Fallout: New Vegas // Mortal Kombat

Most Recent 1000 // 200:

LA Noire // COD: Black Ops // Halo: Reach
(17 Retail // 5 Arcade)

<======= (Check=Online, X=Off)
LouisvileBurnin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 10:18 AM   #12
Matt36

MP Nemo36's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LouisvileBurnin View Post
Should mention "One with the Shadows" as a missable achievement. If you sell the Thieves Guild armor before you let Tanilla upgrade it she will be locked in that dialogue (to upgrade it) and will never give you the Guild Master's armor to complete the achievement. If you've sold it to her you CAN NEVER GET IT BACK. EXTREMELY frustrating.
You're a bit behind on this one
Old 12-16-2011, 01:26 PM   #13
Seraph Metatron

Seraph Metatron's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Silver
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I'm curious if the roadmap is going to continue to be updated. There have been a number of posts suggesting missable achievements.
Old 03-31-2014, 08:40 PM   #14
Clockman89

Rurik Krychek's Gamercard
Quote:
[...]
I can confirm that as of March 31st, 2014 it has not been patched (and at this point probably won't be). I am personally doing it right now before I've even finished the first quest. When you come upon the bear in the cave there's a corner behind it where you can accomplish this.
Clockman89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 09:07 PM   #15
BooneJusticius

BooneJusticius's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Subscriber - Platinum   Donator - Level 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clockman89 View Post
I can confirm that as of March 31st, 2014 it has not been patched (and at this point probably won't be). I am personally doing it right now before I've even finished the first quest. When you come upon the bear in the cave there's a corner behind it where you can accomplish this.
It won't be patched and wasn't patched because it doesn't need to be. To "fix" this they would have to make it so that sneaking doesn't increase Sneak which would really mess up the skill and then that would warrant a patch.
Old 05-17-2014, 03:23 PM   #16
Rakmo360

Rakmo360's Gamercard
Thanks for the guide!
Rakmo360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 04:47 AM   #17
Duminakan89

Hey amazing guide created a visual guide for the Standing Stones, with your help...

Standing Stones Achievement Guide - The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

...oh and btw a newbie to the forums so was wondering how can I change my profile pic.

Last edited by Duminakan89; 11-13-2011 at 10:03 AM.
Duminakan89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 04:49 AM   #18
Duminakan89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duminakan89 View Post
Hey amazing guide created a visual guide for the Standing Stones, with your help...

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_-Q6e0g4WM[/url]

...oh and btw a newbie to the forums so was wondering how can I change my profile pic.
apparently also a newbie to forums in general how can I embed the video?
Old 11-13-2011, 04:51 AM   #19
TombRaiser

TombRaiser's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gamer Chick!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duminakan89 View Post
apparently also a newbie to forums in general how can I embed the video?
By just posting the link.
Old 11-13-2011, 04:59 AM   #20
Duminakan89

Quote:
Originally Posted by TombRaiser View Post
By just posting the link.
I'd like to post the vid though.
Old 12-28-2011, 05:14 PM   #21
xIx FrUiTy xlx

xIx FrUiTy xlx's Gamercard
Quote:
Elemental Fury #1 (Air) - Can be found at Dragontooth Crater, which is in between Solitude and Markarth in the northwest of Skyrim. The large mountain range there.

Throw Voice #1, #2 & #3 (Voice, Fool, Far) - Directly west of Windhelm is a dragon hangout on the top of the big mountain nearest it. The second peak, furthest away, that is. The dragon shout is there… I got all three here, not sure whether that was a glitch. It was guarded by a powerful Daedra though called Krosis. Struggled at level 24.

Disarm #1 (Weapon) – At the top of the mountain, south of Morthal, you’ll find Eldersblood Peak where a dragon and a drgaon shout is.

Disarm #2 (Hand) – When doing the thieves guild mission, “Speaking With Silence,” you’ll head to Snow Veil Sanctum. In the second area Mercer will mention something about being a perfect ambush area. It’s in that room.

Slow Time #1 (Time) – Found during the Mage’s Guild mission, “The Staff of Magnus,” after you fight the Draugr Deathlord by his throne in the final level of the Labyrinthian. As far as I’m aware, you can gain access to this place without doing this mission as you get an artefact to open the door.

Slow Time #2 (Sand) – Northeast of Whiterun, just into the snowy area on the map, you’ll find Korvanjund. In the crypt you’ll find the shout in the area at the bottom. Will come here on the second Imperial/Stormcloak mission.

Clear Skies #1, #2 & #3 (Sky, Spring, Summer) – In the mission, “Throat of the World,” Arngeir will give you all three words for this shout when you get to High Hrothgar.

Dragonrend #1 (Mortal), #2 (Infinite) & #3 (Temporary)–
Learnt during the main quest, “Alduin’s Bane.”

Storm Call #1 (Storm) –
High Gate Ruins – East of Solitude is a huge structure and set of ruins. Head inside and down to the last chamber (Vokun’s Throne Room). After defeating Volkun, the word of power is in the room behind the one you’re in.

Storm Call #2 (Wrath) -
Found in the main quest, “The World-Eater’s Eyrie,” at the Skuldafn Temple level.

Call Dragon #1 (Snow), #2 (Hunter), #3 Wing – Received in the quest, “The Fallen.”

Call of Valor #1 (Hero), #2 (Champion) & #3 (Legend) – Received for completing the main quest, “Dragonslayer.”

There are more of course, but there are enough here to grab the achievement.

Blessed - 10
Select a Standing Stone blessing

See “Standing Stones” for how to net this achievement.

Standing Stones - 30
Find 13 Standing Stones

There are 13 “standing stones” in all, which allows your character to carry one blessing with them until they overwrite it at another stone. Simply walk up to them, activate them and they the effects of it will work for you.

Before I delve into the locations, it’s worth noting that I hadn’t visited all 13 when I got the achievement, so I assume it counted every time I revisted them. Regardless, the locations of the 13 are as follows:

- The Thief Stone – Stealth skills learnt 20% faster
- The Mage Stone – Magic skills learnt 20% faster
- The Warrior Stone – Combat skills learnt 20% faster

Southwest of Riverwood, below a place called Anise’s Cabin. Shouldn’t miss them as you leave Helgen.

- The Ritual Stone – Once a day can reanimate nearby corpses to fight for them.

East of Whiterun slightly south of the river, between Whiterun and Valtheim Towers.

- The Atronach Stone – Larger pool of Magika and absorb spell damage, but recover it more slowly.

The best way to describe this is between Riften and Windhelm, in the marshland. It’s closer to Windhelm than Riften and just the otherside of the mountain range in between the two. It’s near the Eldergleam Sanctuary and the Darkwater Crossing (by the river) to the east of the two.

- The Shadow Stone – Once a day players can become invisible for an extended period.
South of Riften, in the small mountain in the middle before the big mountain range to the south.

- The Steed Stone – Can carry more and don’t suffer a movement penalty from armour.
On the tip of the highest mountain to the mountain, northwest of Solitude.

- The Lady Stone –
Regenerate health and stamina more quickly.
In the lake to the west of Riverwood is a small island where you’ll find this stone.

- The Apprentice Stone – recover magicka more quickly, but are more susceptible to magika damage.
Just south of Solitude, on an island in the small water marshland, you’ll find this stone.

- The Tower Stone –
Automatically open Expert or lower locks.
Smack bang in the middle of Winterhold and Dawnstar, up on a mountain.

- The Lover Stone – All skills improve faster.
Directly east of Markarth, about one fifth of the way to Solitude.

- The Lord Stone – More resistant to magika and physical damage.
Southwest of Dawnstar in the mountain range, on the northern peak.

- The Serpent Stone - Use a ranged paralyzing poison on an opponent once a day.
Directly east of Winterhold and north of Windhelm. In the sea on a floating iceberg of sorts.
There is in fact a glitch with this achievement. I visited the Warrior/Thief/Mage stones atleast about 4 times and it gave me this achievement
xIx FrUiTy xlx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 02:54 AM   #22
Matt36

MP Nemo36's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   2,500 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xIx FrUiTy xlx View Post
There is in fact a glitch with this achievement. I visited the Warrior/Thief/Mage stones atleast about 4 times and it gave me this achievement
So you're saying you visited 3 different shines, 4 times (equalling 12 shrine visits) and got this achievement...?
Old 12-30-2011, 10:13 PM   #23
xIx FrUiTy xlx

xIx FrUiTy xlx's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt36 View Post
So you're saying you visited 3 different shines, 4 times (equalling 12 shrine visits) and got this achievement...?
well yea, the shrines are different, but the location is the same. the warrior, mage, and thief shrine are in the beginning of the game and all located at the same area. although yes technically since i went there it is 12 shrine visits, some reason the achievement still popped up on my fourth or so visit
xIx FrUiTy xlx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 11:59 PM   #24
Pine Reaper

Pine Reaper's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Inebriated Jedi   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Staff Club - DEG23   Staff Club - Never Final   Staff Club - Rajeanero   Staff Club - Shinobi273   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Over Achiever - Gold   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 10 (more» ...)
Just got my 1k today \o/ so thanks for the guide. Just to clear a couple of things up

For "Standing Stones" I had only found 4 or 5 stones by the time I got the cheeve, but the same will count over and over. I think you need to leave a day or so between visits for it to count more than once. I fast travelled to the ones I knew. Did a couple of quests, and did the rounds again. The cheeve popped during that circuit. I didn't even find the serpent stone until this afternoon

"Thu'um Master" I have "Discovered" 20 shouts. But I only have words unlocked in 7 of them. The cheeve popped when I got the very last one after defeating Alduin.
So you only need to have them learnt from the Word Wall, and not unlocked for use from dragon Souls

Ironically I do have exactly 20 words unlocked..but that is a coincidence
Pine Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 10:56 AM   #25
Webb
Ninja Editor

Webb x360a's Gamercard

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Achievement Guide & Road Map

Completion Achievements:

Delver - 40
Clear 50 dungeons

What is a dungeon? That’s the first question. A dungeon might not necessarily be a dungeon in the classical sense, for instance, a clearing in the woods that is overrun by beasties and evil spirits might be classed as a dungeon. So whether you’re talking about a cottage full of evil spirits, a clearing, a fort, a proper dungeon and so on, as long as it’s its own separate icon on the map, with a few exceptions of course (monuments, major cities (and places within the cities), etc.) you should be able to “clear” it.

But wait, how do you clear it? Well, you basically go in and kill everything in there and grab every unique weapon/item/armour piece that’s found in there. In fact, we think killing stuff is enough actually. It’s that easy. The best thing is, if you bring up the menu, go to map, you’ll be able to see areas you’ve cleared with a “cleared” tag next to it. You’ll get this one as you work through the rest of the achievements, guaranteed. If you want to check your progress, there's a stat in the stats area too.

Sideways - 20
Complete 10 side quests

What is a side-quest? Well, that’s a trickier question that it sounds… a side quest in Skyrim is a quest that is big enough that it’s not classed as a “Miscellaneous Objective,” a quest that isn’t a questline quest (i.e. main quest, guild quest and the civil war quests) or one of the many Daedric quests. It’s tougher than it sounds in all honesty and tricky to work out. Out of 86 quests (at last check), only 12 of those were side missions. As long as it doesn’t fall under the three points above though and is fairly substantial (they’re not short missions!), then it should register as a side-mission.

Things like the quest for the trader in Riverwood that sends you to Bleak Falls Barrow to retrieve the golden claw are side missions, visiting somewhere because someone told you to are not.

Hero of the People - 30
Complete 50 Misc Objectives

A “Miscellaneous Objective” is a small quest that isn’t quite big enough to be a quest and so is classed as an MO. These can involve visiting a museum in Dawnstar (which triggers a mission), visiting someone, following up on a lead, seeking out a source of power, clearing out a bandit camp and so on.

To see what you have activated in the MO menu and what you can do (you can even tag them on the map as well), then hit the start menu and on the quest tab, scroll down to the bottom of the incomplete quests section and then move right and see what you’ve got to do.

If you want to add stuff onto here then try talking to barmen about rumours and generally speak to people galore, probing for tidbits of information and so on. You’ll find all the courier "quests" and barmen bandit clear outs fall under this heading, so if you’re wanting to do some, you know where to head first.

Explorer - 40
Discover 100 Locations

In order to discover a location all you have to do is walk up to it so it flashes up with “Location discovered: blah blah” on the screen… there are 300+ locations in all, so 100 is absolutely nothing. If the worst comes to the worst, pick a place on the map and walk to it, stopping at every location along the way. The more locations you discover, the less travelling and more fast-travelling you’ll be able to do in the future. Think of it that way.

Last edited by Webb; 11-14-2011 at 03:17 PM.
Old 11-10-2011, 10:56 AM   #26
Webb
Ninja Editor

Webb x360a's Gamercard

Daedric Influence - 10
Acquire a Daedric Artifact

See "Oblivion Walker."

Oblivion Walker - 30
Collect 15 Daedric Artifacts

Daedra within the Elder Scrolls series basically means divine and powerful beings. For the most part these beings and their actions are evil, so in getting 15 Daedric artefacts, the chances are you’re going to have to destroy plenty of evil spirits along the way. Some of the Daedric artefacts come from shrine missions, where you must interact with the spirit of the shrine and perform some crazy ol’ quest for them and others you’ll come across in Skyrim. In return, you get a Daedric artefact.

The truth is, these shrine missions and Daedric quests in general are some of the best missions in the game, so this won’t seem like that much of a chore and they take you to some interesting and wonderful places. Enjoy these! Well, most of them:

Mace of Molag Bal – "House of Horrors" quest in Markarth – As you walk past the abandoned house when you’re in the city – not the first time – someone will ask you to accompany them inside. Finish the quest (including finding the priest of Boethiah) and follow it through to the end to grab a Daedric artefact.

Dawnbreaker - "The Break of Dawn quest," received at Statue to Merida – west of Solitude. It’s basically a fetch, return and dungeon crawl mission. Complete it for the Daedric artefact.

Spellbreaker - "The Only Cure" quest, received at the Shrine to Peryite, which can be found on the top of the mountain in between Markarth and Solitude. It’s worth activating early so you can keep an eye open for the goods on the shopping list. The actual quest itself is long and tough, so don’t tackle below a level 20, at least.

Sanguine’s Rose – In the Vilemyr Inn in Ivarstead you’ll meet a chap called Sam Guevenne who will challenge you to a drinking competition which will initiate the “Night to Remember” quest. Challenge him and then embark on one of the most amusing quests of Skyrim. Your reward is the Sanguine’s Rose staff. NOTE: Sam could actually turn up in any one of a number of inns in Skyrim, not just the one in Ivarstead (he's been seen in Riften, plus many other places), so just keep an eye out as you explore and work through everything else.

The Black Star (or Azura's Star) – If you head to Azura’s Shrine on the top of the big mountain, just south of Winterhold you can start “The Black Star” quest and eventually get The Black Star artefact (or Azura's Star, depending on your choice at the end).

Wabbajack –
Wandering the streets of Solitude is a chap called Derevin who wants you to get a message to his master. This will trigger “The Mind of Madness” quest where you’ll have to go to the Pegasus Wing in the Blue Palace and search for him. Complete the quest and get the artefact. Stuck? Need assistance in this quest? See below.

Spoiler! (click here to reveal)

Missable!! Mehrunes’ Razor – Sometime in the game you’ll get a message from a courier to visit the museum in Dawnstar – visit it. Visit it even if you don’t and start the “Pieces of the Past” quest to get your hands on Mehrunes’ Razor, which will send you to three places in Skyrim to get the three pieces of the sword.

Savior’s Hide (or the Ring of Hirscine) – In Falkreath at the Falkreath Barracks (east of town), downstairs in the Falkreath jail you’ll find a chap called Sinding who will give you his cursed ring and thus starts the quest, “Ill Met by Moonlight.” Whatever happens in the quest depends on which Daedric artefact you get.

NOTE: yippy smalz offered this handy tip: "...it's possible to get both Daedric artifacts in the quest "Ill met by moonlight." You agree to help kill the hunters and then afterwards talk to Sigmund then kill him and skin him and you get the hide. Leave the cave and you get the ring."

Missable!! Masque of Clavicus Vile – The first time you enter Falkreath (after you become a level 10) through the front gate the guard will mention something about the blacksmith’s dog going missing. Speak to him and then go after the dog. When you meet the dog you’ll initiate the “A Daedra’s Best Friend” quest and head off to Haemar’s Shame at the south of the large mountain with High Hrothgar on it – east of Helgen – note: you have to follow the dog but he has terrible path finding, so you could just meet him there.

Oghma Infinium
– During the main quest you’ll meet Septimus Sigmus who will send you off to get an Elder Scrolls. During this quest he will start another quest called “Discearning the Transmundane” where you’ll have to take an imprint of the Elder Scroll on his Lexicon. Giving that to Septimus then opens up the next stage: harvesting blood of an Orc, Dark Elf, Wood Elf, High Elf and Falmer – honestly, do this quest as early as possible so you can grab the blood as you go along. Every time you can harvest some blood it will give you an option when you interact with their corpse (harvest blood or search body). Get all 5 and head back to Septimus’ outpost, north of Winterhold. If you’re curious where to find the Orc and Elf blood, loot bandit camps as they often roam around with them, for the Falmer, try Mzulft (southeast of Windhelm) on the first level, right near the door down to the Boilery – there is one lowly Falmer here.

Ebony Mail – East of Windhelm you’ll find the Sacellum of Boethiah where you’ll find a cult and be able to initiate the quest, “Boethiah’s Calling.” You must be at least a level 30 for the cult to appear.

Missable!! Skull of Corruption – If you head to the Windpeak Inn in Dawnstar you’ll see a bit of a situation arise with locals speaking t Erandur regarding some night terrors they’ve been having. Speak to Erandur and start the “Waking Nightmare” quest.

Missable!! Ring of Namira – In Markarth, in the Understone Keep you’ll find a priest called Verulus who wants you to head into the Hall of the Dead to investigate what’s going on. The quest starts off as a miscellaneous objective and will soon turn into the quest, “The Taste of Death” once you’ve spoken to and agreed to help Eola in clearing Reachcliff Cave. There is a potential that you could say no to helping Eola… don’t!

Last edited by Webb; 11-20-2011 at 01:12 PM.
Old 11-11-2011, 02:12 PM   #27
nicklesminer

nicklesminer's Gamercard
Quote:

Potential Daedric Artefacts
(unconfirmed):

These aren’t your traditional shrine missions, but I’m fairly sure that killing a Daedric spirit like these and looting their bodies nets you an artefact:

Directly west of Windhelm is a dragon hangout called Shearpoint on the top of the big mountain nearest it. The second peak, furthest away, that is. There is a dragon shout there and it was guarded by a powerful Daedra called Krosis. Struggled at level 24. Grab his mask when you kill him.

Nahkrrin – Guarding the portal in one of the last missions

**WORK IN PROGRESS THIS ONE**
I can confirm that the masks do not count towards the achievement. I've collected 3 of them, and only have 3 remaining daedric quests to do for the achievement and it hasn't popped yet.

Also, has anyone found the Namira, Mephala, or Malacath quests? This is the last achievement I need for the full 1k.
nicklesminer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 02:15 PM   #28
rza_2002

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicklesminer View Post
I can confirm that the masks do not count towards the achievement. I've collected 3 of them, and only have 3 remaining daedric quests to do for the achievement and it hasn't popped yet.

Also, has anyone found the Namira, Mephala, or Malacath quests? This is the last achievement I need for the full 1k.
how about telling us where the other quests are that aren't mentioned above
I've only got 8 so far, and 1 active

Old 11-11-2011, 02:35 PM   #29
Webb
Ninja Editor

Webb x360a's Gamercard

Quote:
how about telling us where the other quests are that aren't mentioned above
I've only got 8 so far, and 1 active
Yeah, any assistance in appreciated.

Also, rza, there's 10 in the guide, plus the skeleton key which I have to add, so you're missing 1.

Also... Midden Deep underneath the College of Winterhold, there's a hand, I'm positive this it one but can't work out how to activate it and I've moved the journal that was down here. D'oh!!

Oh, and cheers nickle for the clarification

EDIT: In other news, I've found out a way to activate that hand... there are 4 rings in the Arcadium. I'll let you know how I get on.

EDIT 2: Can't find the rings. Anyone have any ideas?

Last edited by Webb; 11-11-2011 at 02:44 PM.
Old 11-12-2011, 08:58 PM   #30
Killerchronic

Ki11erC's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Quote:

Wabbajack –
Wandering the streets of Solitude is a chap called Derevin who wants you to get a message to his master. This will trigger “The Mind of Madness” quest where you’ll have to go to the Pegasus Wing in the Blue Palace and search for him. Complete the quest and get the artefact. Stuck? Need assistance in this quest? See below.

Next up, i've just done the Daedric Quest for Vaermina, Shrine quest known as "Waking Nightmare". This is a missable daedric item as there is two outcomes, one with and one without, however as you only need 15 and supposedly there is 16, i'm hoping its the only missable one, it was only because i saved right at the end and out of curiosity, as i always do, i played out the other side after. Both imo are good endings. (if you want more info i can leave it in another spoiler tagged post)

I found this after completing it as i was curious: This Link Has Spoilers! http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Waking_Nightmare I will be adding to that page as it needs a few things. But its a good base.
30k Hit - 05/07/10
40k Hit - 13/09/10
50K Hit - 31/05/11

Last edited by Killerchronic; 11-12-2011 at 09:05 PM.
Killerchronic is offline   Reply With Quote