PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Sports and Fitness > All-Pro Football 2k8
Subscribe    Donate

Old 08-02-2007, 07:13 PM   #1
robertfee

Feline Aidz's Gamercard
Achievement Guide

Well, here's my first attempt at an achievement guide. I've used these methods under my friends profile and i'm now doing them on mine, so they have worked for me and hopefully for you too!

5 Create a Team
Pretty self explanatory. As soon as you load up the game for the first time, you will have to create a team. Once you're done, achievement unlocks

10 Gift of Grab
Catch 10 Passes with a Bronze WR
Get a Gold QB and fill your offensive line with Gold, Silver, and/or Bronze players. Keep throwing to him until you have the achievement. I found Alvin Harper the easiest to use.

5 Create a Player
Create a Player
Under the options is one called create a player. You can quickly throw one together or make a legend like Bo Jackson who wasn't included! Achievement unlocks

5 Edit any part of your team
Edit Team
Go into the options of 'Manage Your Team' and change any option like uniform color and the achievement will unlock!

15 Return a Fumble for a Touchdown
Return a Fumble for a Touchdown
This one can be a little tricky. Best way to do this is to turn penalties off and when the computer goes to punt have your guy standing in front and block it. PICK IT UP AND RUN! Also note that if you block a punt and pick it up in the end zone, it does not count as returning a fumble. You have to run it in.

15 Game Record Forced Fumbles
Set the single game record for forced fumbles
You have to force 4 fumbles with one player to get this achievement. This can be tough since there aren't many fumbles that occur in this game. Use the same method as above to block punts. Most of the time it will give you credit for a forced fumble.

20 Game Record Defensive INT
Set the single game record for INTs
This one can be a little frustrating. You need 5 interceptions with one player. Get a Gold CB (or 2 Gold CB if you'd like) and play a game against a friend or use a 2nd controller. Have them keep lobbing hail mary passes and you shouldn't have too much trouble picking off 5 of them. Just to make sure time is not an issue, as soon as you get the ball, punt it back. I can't tell you how many times I finished with 4 interceptions!

15 Game Record Passing Yards
Set the single game record for Passing Yards
You need 555 yards for this one. Get a gold qb (I like Joe Montana) and a gold wr (Jerry Rice works great). Go into 'DIFFICULTY' and turn all of your skills to '100' and the CPU to '0'. Some people reccommend using the 'Hail Mary' pass, but I suggest going into 'Pro Form' and using the 'Flea Flicker' pass. 90% of the time your 'X' receiver or 'LB' receive should be wide open!

20 Game Record Receiving Yards
Set the single game record for Receiving Yards
You need 337 yards with one player. Use the same method as the Passing Yards achievement.

10 Game Record Rushing Yards
Set the single game record for Rushing Yards
You need 296 yards. Simply turn down the CPU sliders and turn yours up. Also, select a Gold RB and get some good linemen. Just keep pounding it out and you should get this easily

20 Game Record for Defensive Sacks
Set the single game record for Defensive Sacks
You need 8 sacks for this one. Just turn penalties off and get the lineman you choose to use to stand right in front of the QB. As soon as he snaps the ball sack him. It's actually quite funny as well. Also, sacks count as tackles, so I suggest using a silver lineman for this and use the method 7 more times and you will also unlock the 'Bring Em Down' Achievement or you can use a Bronze lineman and get the 'Sack Master' Achievement

10 Game Record Touchdowns
Set the single game record for Touchdowns
You need 8 touchdowns. If you're working towards the passing yard or receiving yard records, this should come right along with it. Your QB will get this after he throws his 8th TD

20 Stride Gum... long lasting drive
Near end of the 2nd qtr or later, score an 80 yard TD
THIS DOES NOT HAVE TO BE ONE PLAY. With around 2 minutes left in the half, just start a drive from the 20 and end it with a touchdown. I used the 'Flea Flicker' play and scored immediately. If it is close to halftiime and the computer is punting or kicking off, run back behind the 20 yard line so you can be sure to get the achievement

15 Return an INT for a Touchdown
Return an INT for a Touchdown
This is easier than the fumble return for a TD. If you have all of your sliders adjusted, eventually you'll pick one off close enough to the goalline to run it back in.

15 Win 10 Games Online
Win 10 Online Games
SEE '5 ONLINE WINS IN A ROW'

20 Win 20 Online Games
Win 20 Online Games

50 Half a Century
Win 50 Online Games

15 3 Online Wins in a Row
3 Online Wins in a Row

20 5 Online Wins in a Row
5 Online Wins in a Row
There are 2 ways of doing this. You can get a friend and take turns quitting to give the achievements to each other. NOTE, you have to play the achievement game. For example if you are going for 3 wins in a row, you can win on a forfeit on the first 2, but you have to play the 3rd. You can also get this by legitimately playing people. Unless you really want a challenge, just look for people with terrible records. Why would you play someone who is 174-0 when you can play someone whose 0-19

ACTUALLY, you can quit all the games except the 50th game. You don't have to play each achievement game. Just make sure at some point in your sim-quitting that each of you win 5 in a row and you'll get all the achievements after the 50th

5 It's fun to play together
Join an Online League
You don't get this for creating a league, you have to join one. Just go into the online menu and join a league. Not too difficult at all.

5 Get Connected
Play an Online Game
This does not count if you play in the 'Beginners' lobby. Just go into the 'PRO' lobby and play a game. Once it's over, you get the achievement

20 League Participation
Play an Online League or Tournament Game
Remember that league you joined? Play a game in it and there you go. You don't have to win to get the achievement

50 We are the Champions
Win an Online League or Tournament
You can legitimately beat your competition or get a few friend to create tournaments and take turns winning.

20 Golden Arm
Throw for 500 Yards with a Gold QB in a Single Game
If you selected a Gold QB (which you should) for the 'Passing Yards' Achievement, you should get this one as well.

15 Run & Gun
Pass for 200 Yards & Rush for 50 Yards with a Silver QB in a single game
The 200 passing yards is pretty easy and if you use the sliders, the 50 yards rushing won't be too difficult. I used Randall Cunningham, but you can also create a Silver QB and give him the Scrambling skill.

10 Six for 6
Throw 6 Touchdown Passes with a Bronze QB
Pretty self explanatory. Just pick any Bronze QB and throw 6 touchdowns. Don't forget those sliders if you're having trouble.

Last edited by robertfee; 08-30-2007 at 01:45 PM. Reason: new info
robertfee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 07:14 PM   #2
robertfee

Feline Aidz's Gamercard
20 Two for One
Gain 150 Rec YDS each with a Bronze and a Gold WR
When You're working on the passing yards achievement you can get this one too. Just flip the 'Flea Flicker' play so you're bronze WR is the 'X' receiver. I used Jerry Rice and Alvin Harper

15 Over the top
Gain 200 Rec YDS with a Bronze WR
Since you've already got 150 yards with the Bronze WR in the previous achievement, throw another 50 yards and get another achievement

10 Pound it out
Gain 250 Rushing Yards with a Bronze Running Back in a single game
Just keep it on the ground. I used Christian Okoye and got the necessary yard in one 10 minute quarter. If you are worried you might lose yards, take him out after you get the necessary yards, as yardage achievements won't unlock until after the game.

20 You want me to do what?
Gain 200 Rushing+100 Receiving Yards with a Gold Running Back in a single game
Pretty self explanatory. Barry Sanders is always a good choice. Try not to do too many achievements in one game. It's terrible to finish with almost enough for a bunch of achievements. Try and focus on 1 or 2 at a time. This is one that takes some focus on one player, so I suggest turning fatigue to '100' so he doesn't get tired.

15 Ground Game
Score 4 Rushing Touchdowns with a Silver Running Back in a Single Game
Any Silver HB will do. If you're not good at the running game, pass until you get to the 1 yard line and have your Silver HB dive in for the Touchdown!

10 Sack Master
Get 5 sacks in a single game with a Bronze Defender
See 'GAME RECORD SACKS'

10 2 Points
Get a Safety
Use the 'Game Record Sacks' method and just wait until they are backed up into their own end zone and bring him down for the achievement!

30 Butter fingers
Set the Record for Forced Fumbles in a Single Season
You need 7 for the season. Use the method for the 'Game Record Forced Fumbles' You
need 7 with a single defender in a season. You can simulate games as well but make sure you
play the last game of the season to unlock the achievement

35 Covered like a blanket
Break the single season record for INTs
The best player to use is the Night Train. He's a Gold CB. The easiest way is to simulate each game of the season, but check and see if he got at least one interception in the game. If he did move on, if not reload your season and redo the game. You need 16 for the achievement. Make sure you play the last game to get the achievement.

30 Spread the wealth
Finish the Season with 5084+ Passing Yards with a single player
Simulate all but the last game of the season. I used Joe Montana and Jerry Rice. Make sure you are at or around 5084 yards and play the last game of the season. This one isn't too tough.

35 Take it to the house
Finish the Season with 1848+ Receiving Yards with a single player
You should get this one and the previous one together. Once again, I used Jerry Rice with Joe Montana throwning to him. Play the last game of the season and achievement unlocked!

20 Single Season Rushing Record
Finish the Season with 2105+ Rushing Yards with a single player
Use the same method as 'Spread the Wealth'. I picked Barry Sanders and got a good run blocking line. Play the last game and you've got it!

35 Single Season Sack Record
Set the Single Season Sack Record
You need 23 sacks. Just use the other Sack Achievement method and you can actually get this one in one game!

20 Punch it in there
Set the Single Season TD Record
You need 29 touchdowns. I used OJ Simpson and simulated all but the last game. He had 26 and I got 3 more. Just pick up whatever you're lacking in the final season game.

40 Win the Season Mode Championship
Become the Season Mode Champion
You don't have to play the season at all. Just simulate games and make sure your team is the champion!

25 Mission Accomplished
Complete Season
You'll get this one along with the previous one together. Even if you don't win the championship, you'll get this one after the season ends.

10 Play a Season Game
Complete a game in Season Game
Play one season game and you'll get this one. You don't have to win either

100 Mission Impossible
Complete Season Mode Undefeated and win the League Championship
This one can also be done by simulating. Sim a game. If you didn't win, reload that game and try again.

15 All - Pro
Shut Out the A.I. on All-Pro Difficulty
'SEE SHUT'EM DOWN'

20 Legend
Shut Out the A.I. on Legend Difficulty
'SEE SHUT'EM DOWN'

25 Shut'em Down
Shut out the A.I. on Pro Difficulty
Set the quarter length to 1 minute and the difficulty to PRO. Start a 2 player game and win with your team. You'll get the achievement and you didn't even have to play the CPU!

15 Bring'em down
Record 15 Tackles with a Silver Player
See 'Game Record for Defensive Sacks'

10 The first one is the hardest
Win a game
Self Explanatory. Win a game. It can be against the computer or a ranked match. Note that games played in the online lobby 'Beginner' do not count for this achievement either.

5 2 INTs with a Gold defender
Get 2 INTs with a Gold defender in a single game.
Use the Night Train and refer to the method used in 'Game Record Defensive Interceptions'

If you have any suggestions or easier ways, feel free to let me know. Hope this was helpful!
Old 08-02-2007, 07:46 PM   #3
twotonkoala

milehighkoala's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Silver   1,000 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Donator - Level 1   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
The only thing that I would add:

For the forced fumble achievements (and can also be used for the sack achievements, as well as the shut out on X difficulty achievements-although your way is easier on that one)

Create a team and make sure you get Too Tall Jones on your defensive line, turn off penalties, and just go to town. One of his special talents is stripping the ball, so half of the time you go for the sack, he will force a fumble. Try to get the QB from the backside and you'll have better luck. Most of them if not all will count as sacks as well, so I ended up getting these two achievements (game and season record) as well as the sack (game and season record) achievements in one 5 minute quarter game.

As I mentioned, you can use this to shut out the opponent (that's how I got them) because you only have to tie, not win, as long as they don't score points. So, set it to one minute quarters, sack the hell out of them, then when you get the ball just kneel and it should run out the clock. Although your way is easier, but just a suggestion in case someone doesn't have two controllers or somesuch.

double edit: I actually got the return a fumble for a touchdown by falling on one that Too Tall forced in the end zone (wasn't running into the end zone), so it may not work for a punt, but it definately worked for me with a regular fumble in the end zone.

Last edited by twotonkoala; 08-02-2007 at 08:17 PM.
twotonkoala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 02:02 PM   #4
robertfee

Feline Aidz's Gamercard
that is good to know. i have several friends with only one controller, so another option is much appreciated!
Old 08-03-2007, 08:06 PM   #5
mateo1472

mateo147's Gamercard
For the online achievements does it erase your record at the end of the month like on most of the other 2K games?

100% Retail:
All Pro Football 2K8
The Bigs
Fight Night Round 3
Madden NFL 08
NCAA Football 08
NBA Street Homecourt
UFC 2009 Undisputed
100% Arcade:
NONE
mateo1472 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 12:30 AM   #6
robertfee

Feline Aidz's Gamercard
i'm not sure if it does or not. i got them all in one night. yeah that was A BIG SUPRISE in NBA 2k7 when i needed 2 more wins for the achievement and i was back to 0-0. not a happy moment
Old 01-29-2009, 09:19 PM   #7
PtlRG1

Actually i got INt acheivment for a season after 14 int's not 16. just letting you know.
PtlRG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 09:59 PM   #8
Pedle Zelnip

Not sure, but I think the number for Butter Fingers is wrong, as I needed 8 FF's, rather than 7.
Pedle Zelnip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 05:37 AM   #9
Natchos

Natchos's Gamercard
Thanks for the guide
Natchos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 08:36 PM   #10
bLaKgRaVy

bLaKgRaVy's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Platinum   Achievement Guide - Platinum   2,500 Posts   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - Minty   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 2   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Over Achiever - Bronze   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 10 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertfee View Post
30 - Butter fingers
Set the Record for Forced Fumbles in a Single Season
You need 7 for the season. Use the method for the 'Game Record Forced Fumbles' You
need 7 with a single defender in a season. You can simulate games as well but make sure you
play the last game of the season to unlock the achievement
WRONG! You need 8, not 7. 7 is the record, you need to SET THE RECORD. Pedle Zelnip above me posted correctly.

I got 7 in my last game of the season and it didn't unlock. I was gonna just play out the game but decided to get another one. It unlocked after I got my EIGHTH one.

How did this guide even get published. Another thing about this achievement is that you can't just sim and then play the last game to get the achievement. You have to get at least 1 forced fumble in the last game of the season yourself while actually playing.

Bad guide. I could go on about some other achievements not being correct or solutions being complete, but what's the point. They have more detailed solutions at Trueachievements.com.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canucklehead X View Post
Whoever decided about the killcam in Halo should be shot and has to spend an eternity watching the killcam of their death!

Last edited by bLaKgRaVy; 07-10-2011 at 06:20 PM.
bLaKgRaVy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 01:22 PM   #11
Arule71

ARule71's Gamercard
a little hint here that isn't clear from the Roadmap...if you are using the quitting method to boost the 50 wins, make sure that when you get to 45 you continue on a winning streak until the 50th game (the one which you have to play)...if you do not have a 5 game win streak, after you play for the 50th win, the cheevs for 5 and 3 game win streaks will not pop...
Old 08-28-2007, 02:38 PM   #12
The Pants Party
You're Not Invited

Za Pantsupati's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff - Front Page   Road Map - Diamond   Staff - Super Moderator   Micro Guide - Platinum   15,000 Posts   Staff Club - Never Final   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Shiftie   Staff Club - The Pants Party   Staff Club - AOS Puck   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Gold
Total Awards: 21 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertfee View Post
50 We are the Champions
Win an Online League or Tournament
You can legitimately beat your competition or get a few friend to create tournaments and take turns winning. Please note that if you simulate or give a win to someone in the tournament, the achievement won't unlock
Just a heads up to everyone... this isn't true. I had three people join my tournament, then through the admin menu I gave out wins to everyone, making myself the champion. I logged out and back in to the main screen of the tournament and the achievement unlocked.

I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
The Pants Party is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 01:43 PM   #13
robertfee

Feline Aidz's Gamercard
that is confirmed. mine didn't unlock because i didn't go to the little trophy screen. the first time.
Old 08-30-2007, 01:46 PM   #14
robertfee

Feline Aidz's Gamercard
i updated the guide, thanks!
Old 09-03-2007, 02:40 AM   #15
Nick G 42390

PRO Nick G's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1   1,000 Posts   Submit - Silver
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
If someone could please message me over live or chat me or anything and explain to me how to sim and unlock achievments and how to make them easy to get please do it!!!! This game is pissing me off and I just wanna finish this game and return. Someone please help me ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!!

gt-PRO Nick G
Nick G 42390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 11:30 PM   #16
shoutemup92

Send a message via AIM to shoutemup92

shootemup92's Gamercard
nice guide oncei get the game i will 4 sho use this.
shoutemup92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 11:07 AM   #17
D e 5 t R u C t

iTz xBeRz3rKx's Gamercard
very good guide even without the pics. helped alot deffinatly the quitting out online ones. THANKS
D e 5 t R u C t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 05:22 AM   #18
TheWings977

Send a message via AIM to TheWings977

TheWings977's Gamercard
Thanks guys, I will remember this.
TheWings977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 04:40 AM   #19
GUNIT360

I'm having some issue i sim all the games but the last one no matter what i don't get the spread the wealth or the receiving record i don't have them yet and i loaded my bros gamer card and got them i don't know whats up.
GUNIT360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 11:50 AM   #20
Killer66250

Iguaina's Gamercard
Great guide!

3rd In The UK To 200/200 In Uno Rush, 13th In The World.
Killer66250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 06:23 PM   #21
The2ndComing792

Great guide, I'll try this today.
Old 09-17-2008, 06:26 PM   #22
Dodgekfc

cyberkfc1985's Gamercard
sweet this will help me i cant get any of the online till i buy another gold member ship but the rest i can get
Dodgekfc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 05:02 PM   #23
XxChiCubs32xX

XxChiCubs32xX's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 3   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Great guide...it helped a lot
XxChiCubs32xX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 04:23 PM   #24
Ciconte

Send a message via Skype™ to Ciconte

Ciconte's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
really good guide hated the game but worked out so far
Old 07-05-2009, 03:46 PM   #25
ENF0RCER 24

ENF0RCER 24's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Nice job on the guide, im about to do this game and it'll come in handy!
ENF0RCER 24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 11:46 AM   #26
mrbonelly

PHUTURE 909's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
I also got 8 FF's and didn't get the achievement. I'm thinking your player has to be at the #1 position for such category in order for your player to "set" the season record. And INT's as well as you'll be "breaking" someone else's season record
Old 12-24-2008, 10:51 PM   #27
aSPIDERMONKEYa

Send a message via AIM to aSPIDERMONKEYa

Nos xPHANTOMx's Gamercard
this game was depresing

1000s-crackdown 1250, SKATE 2 1250 Madden 06 ,Collage hoops 2k6, NBA homecourt,March Madness 07, Ncaa Football 08, King Kong, Fusion Frenzy , Skate, Call of Duty 4, Ncaa Football 09, Madden 09, NFL Tour, Avatar TLA: TBE, Madden 08

200-Marble Blaster, Uno, Dash of Destruction
aSPIDERMONKEYa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 04:41 PM   #28
zzjj

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
thanks for the gude i will go back and finish this game up
Old 07-31-2008, 05:28 AM   #29
alucardez

ok maybe someone can help me out with this. I played a season and i had enough yards for the season records for both the receiving and rushing yards. yet at the end of the season the achievements didnt unlock. Im wondering if it can be one of two things. My record wasnt that good cause a few games i just simmed and my team wasnt in the playoffs. The other thing is i simmed the last regular season game. Anyone know if either of those two might have messed up the unlocking of those achievements.
alucardez is offline   Reply With Quote