PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Rayman Origins
Subscribe    Donate

Old 11-26-2011, 10:25 PM   #1
goldboy76

anyone else thinks the difficulty is disappointed?

I played the game and I'm in world 6 and I didn't see 1 level where I think "Wow what a hard level!"

What about you?
goldboy76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 06:41 PM   #2
Dmas

DM4S's Gamercard
i agree they could have put in a hard mode or something like it, i'm only on world 2 have played for 4 hours now so, but i'm trying to get all collectible things in one go, but only the time challenges can be hard sometimes
Old 11-27-2011, 10:46 PM   #3
DaRKSWeeNeY

thebloodymurder's Gamercard
The last stages are pretty hard, just be patient.
Old 11-28-2011, 03:51 AM   #4
Bum Commando

Bum Commando's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
The last stages are pretty hard, just be patient.
Yeah the last stages offer more of a challenge. Why would you jump to conclusions after playing only the first half of the game?

Quote:
"The dumber people think you are, the more suprised they are going to be when you kill them."
-William Clayton
Bum Commando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 07:34 AM   #5
supernumian

supernumian's Gamercard
I think that collect the gold ribbon for getting 350 lum, find all the electoons cages and receive the gold cup for all the time trials will boost the difficult a lot.
I'm only on world 3 and some stages requires some tries to get.

supernumian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 08:30 PM   #6
DERVISH888

DERVISH888's Gamercard
The Livid Dead and some of the later Milk Teeth Challenges are pretty strenuous. A little reminiscent of Super Meat Boy.
DERVISH888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 08:57 PM   #7
yummymummy

yummymummy8810's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by supernumian View Post
I think that collect the gold ribbon for getting 350 lum, find all the electoons cages and receive the gold cup for all the time trials will boost the difficult a lot.
I'm only on world 3 and some stages requires some tries to get.
I have to agree with you there!!! I have been on one level to get the time medal for nearly half hour, pulling my hair out!!!
Rayman Origins
yummymummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 04:41 PM   #8
superdupergizmo

superdupergizmo's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldboy76 View Post
I played the game and I'm in world 6 and I didn't see 1 level where I think "Wow what a hard level!"

What about you?
Seriously? Seriously... I find the extra level on cod4 on veteran to be way easier than the last areas on Rayman, fuck it even SMB is easier. I have never raged this much. It's made me hate this game; and I loved it at first, recommended it to my friends, wrote funny comments on YouTube about some hidden cages or about some charmingly hard to get skull teeth. My plan was for me to complete it after a week, maybe two; I would get all the achievements after a bit of struggle but nothing too challenging, and certainly not as life-threatening as it's turned out (it's a 4/10 after all). I would go on some website to praise the game, maybe sell it once I've completely finished it and certainly recommend it to everyone who asked.

Alas, how the best laid schemes of mice and men often go awry. I literally despise it now and strongly believe it is the embodiment of everything that is evil in this godforsaken world. In a few short days it has turned me into a cynical, sleep deprived lunatic. I can no longer escape it, when I am not miserably failing at the game, the red lums music plays over and over again in my head. The few hours of sleep I have at night, I dream of the limbless, sadistic protagonist raping me and raping everything I love. I can feel my life force dwindling, what little energy I have left I muster to hate that game. I no longer eat, I no longer masturbate, this game has consumed me. I hate the fucking level designs, I hate the retarded looking enemies, I hate the most infuriating music known to man (that I'm now forced to mute) and most of all I hate Rayman and that stupid fucking grin he has all the time. Fuck him, what's he so happy about, he keeps exploding, the masochistic prick.

This really isn't a 4. I've completed games with double or more the difficulty level that didn't take me half as long or cost me so much in frustration. So how much do you think it should be rated, you ask condescendingly with your fancy 1000g. Well in my humble opinion, on a scale from 1 to batshit insanity, this wouldn't even figure on it. Every copy should be burned, every trace of it erased and every French speaking person banned from ever making a game again. I truly and genuinely believe this is the worst game to have ever come out and the only thing even more terrifying than what I've had to live through is the thought that once I'm done, I'll have to go through all of it again to get the speed medals. Screw you, Michel Ancel, screw you and the Monegasque tower you sit on.

Sent from the rope I'm hanging from.

superdupergizmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 07:02 PM   #9
FaSCoRP

FaSCoRP's Gamercard
Game is very hard at the later levels. Playing the first time on Land of the Livid Dead wants you to take a plane and go to frunch to punch Michel Ancel's face, literally, but, with some time you know how the levels are and get it better.
The first time I had to finish LOTLD I spent more than 3 hours to do it. The second time (cause we were playing different games, my daughter's and mine) it took me around half an hour.
C'mon, it is not as hard, it is a matter of practice. My six years old daughter can grab all the teeth minus the last one by herself (sure, she has a LOT of time to practice, fail and retry)
Old 08-29-2012, 10:57 PM   #10
The Carrot Cake Kid

Ill agree there are a few tough moments in the game. Some of the speed runs I found myself tying the exact time. But it's a trial and error game if you want to complete all the achievements. I found it satisfying to finally finish the Nitro achievement and now I'm just on mopping up a couple more levels to get the 300 electoons.

I don't think the game is all that hard. It just takes a little patience to learn the levels. Believe it or not the hardest time trial I faced was Crazy Bouncing in the Desert of Dijiridoos.

EDIT: Reached the Land of the Livid Dead level yesterday. Cleared it in 40 minutes with company over distracting me. Again, this game is just trial-and-error with a large number of checkpoints and infinite lives. I'm not trying to offend anybody but this game is nowhere near as hard as some people are making it out to be, it just requires patience.

Last edited by The Carrot Cake Kid; 08-30-2012 at 05:56 PM.
The Carrot Cake Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 12:02 PM   #11
FaSCoRP

FaSCoRP's Gamercard
Well, my 6 year old daughter did Crazy Bouncing with the cup/trophy, so I guess someday I will be able to do it too
Old 08-31-2012, 06:02 PM   #12
darkmark07

darkmark07's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by superdupergizmo View Post
Seriously? Seriously...
Brilliant rant - 10/10.

I picked this up to play with the missus. I'm not sure that I should put it in the Xbox now, however!

I'll report back in due course...
darkmark07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 12:07 PM   #13
javeryh

javeryh's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by superdupergizmo View Post
Seriously? Seriously...
Agreed. I've been playing games for over 30 years and this one is TOUGH. Just clearing a stage isn't particularly difficult but the speed runs and collecting 350 electoons on every level is very difficult. It's about a 3/10 to get to 500 or so achievement points but a 9/10 to get the rest, IMO. Great great game because even though it is so hard I know I can do it with "one. more. try."
javeryh is offline   Reply With Quote