PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
Subscribe    Donate

Old 11-28-2011, 11:36 PM   #1
Lo5e

Arise Crazy's Gamercard
Exclamation Oblivion Walker Q+A guide

Since there is so many questions about this achievement all over the forums I thought I would post the majority of the questions being asked into this thread with the answers included.

(I know there is a q/a thread but it's not specific to this achievement which many seem to get confused about)

Feel free to message me / post to add any more

Q1- Can you still get the achievement if you sell the artifacts?

A- Yes you only have to have got them once after that you are free to do with them at your own will (sell them etc)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Q2- Does the Skeleton Key count as an Daedric Artifact?

A- No it does not
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Q3- What quests can you mess up the outcome on?

A- Clavius Vile - You need the Masque of Clavius Vile
Mehrunes Dagon - You need Mehrune's Razor
Namira - You need the Ring of Nimira
Vaermina - You need the Skull of Corruption

Q4- If i mess up one on the quests what should i do?

A- Reload a previous save if you can, or get both the artifacts during the Hircine - Saviors Hide or Ring of Hircine quest follow Webbs amazing guide here:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...d.php?t=341623

( NOTE: Only if you mess up one if you mess up 2+ you will have to revert to another save if not possible you will have to restart the game in it's entirety for this achievement)

Q5- Can i get some quest items on one save file then some on another and still get the achievement?

A- No they all have to be obtained on one save file

Q6- For the 'waking nightmares' quest I chose to let the skull get destroyed will it effect the achievement or not?

A- Yes and no it will effect the achievement if you have messed up previously, see question 4 for the solution

Q7- I did all the daedrik quests and did not destroy the skull of corruption and i still didn't get this achievement why?

A- You may have come across an ingame glitch wait for the patch and hope for the best

Q8- During the best friend quest i killed the dog! (Barbas) can i still get the achievement?

A- Yes see question 4 for the solution

Q9- So your not supposed to kill everyone you encounter on these quests?

A- The Dog (Barbas) and Sinding during the moonlight quest (without exploiting) are the only ones you don't kill to get the artifact

(Note: I advise you kill Sindling to make sure)

Q10- The Official guide says the Skeleton Key is an Artifact so it must be?

A- No this is not true and has been confirmed several times it does not count towards this achievement

Q11- How many artifacts are there?

A- 16 but you only need to obtain 15 at any time to get the achievement

Q12- Can you start all these quests from the beginning of the game?

A- No the following quests you have to be a certain level / reach a certain mission in the game:

Masque of Clavicus Vile (have to be Lvl 10)
Ebony Mail (have to be Lvl 30)
Ebony Blade (have to be Lvl 20 and have completed the main “Dragon Rising” quest)
Volendrug (have to be Lvl 9)

Q13- Do i have to feast on Verulus during the 'Ring of Namira' quest to get the artifact?

A- Yes you have to feast on him do not kill him before this stage in the mission (when you arrive in the hall)

Q14- Once i completed the Ring of Namira quest it keeps giving me the option to feast on people why?

A- De-equip the Ring of Namira it has this trait if you equip it everytime to search someones body

Q15- So i have to be evil to get this achievement? but i don't want to!?

A- Sorry but you have no choice if you wan't to get this achievement you will have to do many evil deeds along the way

Q16- One of the quests won't activate for me why?

A- game glitch im afraid it happened to me during the 'house of horrors' quest when it wouldn't activate my advice:

- Follow the steps metioned in question 4
- Wait for a patch (NOTE: this could take a while no quest missions confirmed in the upcoming patch)
- Restart the game

Last edited by Lo5e; 01-10-2012 at 01:36 PM.
Lo5e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 11:37 PM   #2
Lo5e

Arise Crazy's Gamercard
*Place Marker* So i can add more
Old 11-28-2011, 11:54 PM   #3
sleepymexican45

sleepymexican45's Gamercard
Thanks. this should be stickyed on the main forum to stop further threads.
Old 11-29-2011, 12:03 AM   #4
DecadentBeaver

DecadentBeaver's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Nice. Agree it should be a sticky thread. Wwish I had seen this before killing Barbas without remorse. Well, I don't mind, I have done all others so far without cockin it up. If I do have to do another playthrough, its a good enough excuse to play again.

Looking for people to join me in an epic Minecraft build once again. Its in creative, so if you are interested, message me for details.
DecadentBeaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 01:00 AM   #5
Britfagx666

Send a message via MSN to Britfagx666

itekkerslad's Gamercard
Definitely Sticky!

I don't know if you fancy mentioning it but you don't actually have to kill Sinding if you wanted to get all of these legit (ie not exploiting)

Also i have a question kind of related to the daedric artifacts that could be added, once i have eaten Verulus, how do i get rid of the option to feast as i don't want to be a cannibal?
Britfagx666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 04:23 AM   #6
Destro

Destro WOD's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Definately hate this achievement, at least its one of the few "bad ones" in the game...

But Skyrim like any TES is actually a game where you can choose your path right? So why does an achievement require you to perform evil deeds... this i don't understand.

Same as asking to pickpockets 50 persons... i am an honest person, i play this game as honest as i can, why should i do that and why should i had to get a bounty in every region of the game... sucks honestly.

But there is only 3 so far i think that are really bad... not too much of a problem... yet it annoys me a bit.

I purposely left some quest out of oblivion cause i was not an evil character... especially some daedric ones, and i don't care there the "best quest" of the game. Personally i prefer being a mercenary hunting a band of thief... i feel like a true hero in a game like that doing stuff like this.

Gears of War Legend
Destro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 07:27 PM   #7
Wiscompton X

Zero Eighty Six's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destro View Post
Definately hate this achievement, at least its one of the few "bad ones" in the game...

But Skyrim like any TES is actually a game where you can choose your path right? So why does an achievement require you to perform evil deeds... this i don't understand.

Same as asking to pickpockets 50 persons... i am an honest person, i play this game as honest as i can, why should i do that and why should i had to get a bounty in every region of the game... sucks honestly.

But there is only 3 so far i think that are really bad... not too much of a problem... yet it annoys me a bit.

I purposely left some quest out of oblivion cause i was not an evil character... especially some daedric ones, and i don't care there the "best quest" of the game. Personally i prefer being a mercenary hunting a band of thief... i feel like a true hero in a game like that doing stuff like this.
You're a good person, but your logo is the Communist hammer and sickle. Communist regimes have killed millions of innocent people.

I guess associating with evil acts is bad in video games, but in real life all bets are off.
Wiscompton X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 11:11 PM   #8
Jmdavis33

Jmdavis33's Gamercard
Does it matter which star u get in the Azura quest?
Jmdavis33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 11:59 PM   #9
FangtasticBite

FangtasticBite's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmdavis33 View Post
Does it matter which star u get in the Azura quest?
Azura's Star will only hold white souls (animals and creatures) and the Black Star will only hold black souls (humanoids)

Both are daedric.
Old 01-06-2012, 01:28 PM   #10
HabsCen10ial

HabsCen10ial's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
This should be stickied or linked to the FAQ.

I was about to post a few questions about this achievement and almost missed this because it was at the bottom of the page.

All my questions were answered. Now I just hope none of these quests glitch on me.

Credit goes to Xerofox for the amazing Montreal Canadiens sig!

HabsCen10ial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 08:49 PM   #11
CRA166 T

CRA166 T's Gamercard
You could add how to trigger the quests, as I don't think those details are in the achievement guide, it's only the quest title. That'd help a great deal.
Old 01-08-2012, 08:40 AM   #12
Whiistler

Whistlerama's Gamercard
For the quest where you need to find the guy in the bar for a drinking contest after you turn level 14..

Well, I didn't know about this and I'm level 41 now. Obviously I can't remember where I turned 14 so is there a list of taverns where the guy might be? I've been to all the ones I can think of and haven't been able to find him.
Whiistler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 04:27 PM   #13
three15

I'm seriously losing pataince with this. Reloaded an old save, did several quests to get the arifacts, spent another 8 hours doing it, 2 more to get and now The Waking Nightmare quest has glitched!
three15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 11:53 AM   #14
Subpounder101

confused still...

I dont understand this still. I'm on a second player for achv. hunting on this title because I messed up the first time. And i know for a fact the last two(count this time) I haven't.

Can you really sell the items or not? This last attempt I have not sold any of the items and the only item I have no gotten is the S.Key which don't count, and I have all the items needed(16) in my house at Riften. On previous char I had all the items needed but had sold the Waabajack, Rose, and Skull. But i still had obtained all 16(counting the S.Key) and still no achievement .....

any suggestions?
Subpounder101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 12:04 PM   #15
SpareDevil

Quote:
A- Clavius Vile - You need the Masque of Clavius Vile
Mehrunes Dagon - You need Mehrune's Razor
Namira - You need the Ring of Nimira
Vaermina - You need the Skull of Corruption
Are you certain you have all 4 of those? Did you kill the dog and get the Rueful Axe? Did you let Silus go and not get the Razor? Not sure, but make sure you have the right items, otherwise you won't get the Achievement.

Also, selling the items or using them doesn't change anything. Aslong as you've had the items for even a second it still counts towards the Achievement. Though, the Skeleton Key does not. Though, either the guide lies or it's a bug yet to be fixed.
SpareDevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 04:30 PM   #16
bfmv lfc

Mr Evil Donkey's Gamercard
Good to see a thread like this. Still waiting for that sticky.
bfmv lfc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 04:46 PM   #17
OptimusPrime76

KnightFall 539's Gamercard
Well I think I've cocked this achievement right up.

I'm at the end of my game with nothing needed but this last achievement. I've been working my way through the daedric quests and only have 3 more left to do.

I'm trying to start 'A Daedras best friend' but when I enter falkreath and went to talk with Lod I find him dead!! I can't remember killing him but to be honest I could have done ages ago. Is their any other way to start this quest? I've tried looking around for the dog but no luck.
People think it's an obsession. A compulsion. As if there were an irresistible impulse to act. It's never been like that. I chose this life. I know what I'm doing. And on any given day, I could stop doing it. Today, however, isn't that day. And tomorrow won't be either.
OptimusPrime76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 08:17 PM   #18
BlO0DJUNKi3

BLO0DJUNKi3's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by FangtasticBite View Post
Azura's Star will only hold white souls (animals and creatures) and the Black Star will only hold black souls (humanoids)

Both are daedric.
The Black Star will actually hold both white and black souls (even though you're told it will only hold black). So for obvious reason's I'd suggest getting the black star.
- Guitar Hero: Aerosmith
- The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
- Fallout 3
- X-Men Origins: Wolverine
- Assassin's Creed 2
35,000 - Just Cause 2
40,000 - Halo: Reach
45,000 - The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

50,000 - Halo 4
BlO0DJUNKi3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 08:23 PM   #19
FangtasticBite

FangtasticBite's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlO0DJUNKi3 View Post
The Black Star will actually hold both white and black souls (even though you're told it will only hold black). So for obvious reason's I'd suggest getting the black star.
Thats a bug which will probably get fixed, so I wouldnt make a choice based on that.
Old 01-10-2012, 01:32 AM   #20
S1D3WYZ

S1D3WYZ's Gamercard
Nice Q+A guide, but... font is so big it makes my eyes hurt. I realize this is probably to emphasize importance to avoid multiple threads, but still, just sayin'... huge font doesn't show up in search, make it sticky, or prevent people from creating new threads asking for answers discussed here.

Please make it more readable, I suggest just Bolding the question (Q: Who What Where Why?)and Italicizing the answers (A: Them, that, there, just because).

Should be stickied, at least it's linked in Method's Encyclopedia Skyrim Thread.
S1D3WYZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 02:11 AM   #21
F34RThE4sS4sSin

F34RThE4sS4sSin's Gamercard
Question

I can't activate the cursed tribe quest because I killed Atub what do i do?!?!?!
F34RThE4sS4sSin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 08:45 AM   #22
Graivul

Heroic Bishop's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
One more 'missable' one to get and then I can relax a little at least, then it is just a case of awaiting the hopefully triumphant noise of the achievement popping after getting a few extra that I still need.

Nice, concise and straight forward Q + A though, nice work!

Graivul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 01:27 PM   #23
Lo5e

Arise Crazy's Gamercard
Cheers for the pointers ill try update the font etc when i get time, not been on in a while

Just got Dark Souls it's going to make me break the disc in half

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsCen10ial View Post
This should be stickied or linked to the FAQ.

I was about to post a few questions about this achievement and almost missed this because it was at the bottom of the page.

All my questions were answered. Now I just hope none of these quests glitch on me.

Thanks i thought it would have been stickied by now as well

Updated:

The font has been made smaller
I will work on including how to activate the quests hard to do this when i havn't played the game in a few months though will have to get back into it to include spot on information

Quote:
Originally Posted by OptimusPrime76 View Post
Well I think I've cocked this achievement right up.

I'm at the end of my game with nothing needed but this last achievement. I've been working my way through the daedric quests and only have 3 more left to do.

I'm trying to start 'A Daedras best friend' but when I enter falkreath and went to talk with Lod I find him dead!! I can't remember killing him but to be honest I could have done ages ago. Is their any other way to start this quest? I've tried looking around for the dog but no luck.
You have to talk to the guard when you first enter falkreath if i remember if you havn't done this then the dog won't appear i don't think, once you see the dog you can just fast travel to the location though as the dog is terrible at guiding you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiistler View Post
For the quest where you need to find the guy in the bar for a drinking contest after you turn level 14..

Well, I didn't know about this and I'm level 41 now. Obviously I can't remember where I turned 14 so is there a list of taverns where the guy might be? I've been to all the ones I can think of and haven't been able to find him.

Sorry for the 4 posts in a row just helping people out

It's entirely random just keep checking them all you will find sam eventually

Tip: Put subtitles on you might not see him but will know if he's in the room when he speaks to you

Current GS: 47000+

Last edited by Shinobi273; 01-10-2012 at 07:26 PM.
Old 04-05-2012, 06:08 PM   #24
Buzz VII

Buzz VII's Gamercard
This achievement is a pain in the ass. Thanks for compiling this list. Should be stickied!

I've heard it both ways
Buzz VII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 03:56 PM   #25
phot0Harv

phot0harv's Gamercard
wow, this seems harder than what i thought, thaks for the guide!
Old 08-31-2013, 12:43 AM   #26
ExtremeRugburn

Extreme Rugburn's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   XBA Promoter   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Well apparently any patches that were supposed to fix glitches didnt work as I have 14 artifacts in my inventory and I completed the ogma infinium quest, but still did not get the achievement. The only thing I can think of is that you must have ogma infinium in your inventory and not have used it. Im so tired of spending hours upon hours in games and then not being awarded achievements do to glitches.
Old 01-10-2012, 10:33 PM   #27
three15

I hate this f#@king stupid Chev! I didn't see you shouldn't destroy the Skull of Corruption until now, level 53 and 150 hours in ,Game finished, 970Gs and now i have to go back a 100 hours and start this again!

If you're going to make choices that affect the ability to get an Achievement you should be told because going back all this way is an easy way to piss me off Bethseda!
three15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 04:02 PM   #28
StyledBear

StyledBear's Gamercard
sticky, i went through hell to get this achievement - didnt realise this was here :/
Assassin's Creed II, Dragon Age Orgins + II, Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, LEGO HP 1-4, LEGO PotC, LOST Via Domus, Madden 06 + 08 + 09, Mass Effect 1 + 2, NBA 2K6, Shrek the Third, Star Wars: TFU, Tekken 6, WWE Smackdown Vs Raw 2010 + 2011, WWE 12
Arcade
(2)
Monkey Island 1, Monkey Island 2

StyledBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 10:27 AM   #29
SpareDevil

Posted for a few reasons:

1. I know that this has gone and passed, but still... if you want to be an honest player then just don't do the quests that require you to stray from your wanted path. If you are truly sticking to your honest playthrough you would miss all the Thieves Guide and Dark Brotherhood Achievements, as this would result in "dis-honest" playing. This means you aren't getting all the Achievements for this game, so you clearly don't mind not getting the Achievements... so, if that's the case, then why are you so bummed about having to be dis-honest for this Achievement? Just don't do it. If that ISN'T the case, and you go for all the Achievements, that means you did the Thieves Guild and Dark Brotherhood Quests... which means, again, you're straying from your honest playrthrough. If THAT'S that case, then why complain about having to do these few dis-honest Achievements when you did all the other ones...? There's also the fact you have to go through an entire war for 3 Achievements... Just... such a stupid thing to complain about... but hey, I guess I'm ranting for no reason. /stops

2. If you're having a problem with talking to Boethiah (the person who posted about it probably figured it out already, but for anyone else) after she has possessed your companions body and it bugs (when she just keeps repeating the same 2 lines), the next part of the quest is to kill everyone there and become the "last man standing". Even if she doesn't tell you to, just proceed to attack everyone in sight until everyone is dead and Boethiah will possess the last person to die and continue with the quest as normal.

The part where you have to kill everyone while sneaking doesn't seem to be required, but if you, like I, decide you want to sneak kill everyone anyway, you can either:

a) Get Sneak to 100
b) Get Sneak and Enchantment to 100 and create Sneak+ armor

or, you can "cheat" and either:

c) Get the Invisibility spell
d) Get the Invisibility spell and get Enchantment to 100 and create 4 pieces of equipment that reduce the cost of Illusion spells 25% each (resulting in all Illusion spells costing 0) for pretty much constant sneak. Also, the Muffle spell is in the Illusion school, so that's 0 cost for that too.

and 4, which is the main reason I posted, do you require the Ebony Blade to be upgraded to get this achievement? I have no real interest in the Blade, nor do I really feel like upgrading it until I have to. It's just, there's no quest to tell me to do it, so hopefully I don't have to. I would normally just google and hope for the best, but with this new bill from the US, most sites I use are "on strike" and I can't find it.

Also, there also seems to be another missable Daedra Quest. I fast travelled to the place with the Museum (not knowing this was the place OR that it was a Daedra Quest) and for some reason I had a mage attacking me. I have no idea why and the guards wouldn't do anything and since he was using Frost, I couldn't run so I killed him and got the "Failed: <insert Quest name>" message. Now that I'm doing the Daedra Quests I suddenly realise why I can't do this one. Just thought it would be important to point out that you can easily miss these by killing the wrong people. They should be listed as essential NPCs...

Last edited by SpareDevil; 01-18-2012 at 10:57 AM.
SpareDevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 06:18 PM   #30
killing_idols

I have followed the guide perfectly and I still can't got this achievement to pop. I have all 15 of the artifacts in my inventory. And yes I have the correct artifacts required for this achievement. Has it glitches for me?
killing_idols is offline   Reply With Quote