PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooters > Battlefield 3 > Back to Karkand
Subscribe    Donate

Old 12-14-2011, 08:57 AM   #1
Tommy Gun 81

Tommy Gun 81's Gamercard
Skidloader kill

...what the hell is wrong with dice...how am i supposed to get a raodkill with this thing? Any advices please!?
Tommy Gun 81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 09:04 AM   #2
amacteur
Flying bird

Send a message via Skype™ to amacteur

amacteur's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 2   Staff Club - amacteur   Staff - Graphics Team   Community Gaming - Silver   Family Corner Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   GRID 2 Award   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Micro Guide - Bronze   Subscriber - Bronze   Staff Club - Minty   Submit - Diamond
Total Awards: 15 (more» ...)

2013, a year in the sky: Roll on 2014!
amacteur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 09:18 AM   #3
Tommy Gun 81

Tommy Gun 81's Gamercard
*LOL*, pure luck based...this is stupid, but hey, nothing wrong about funny achievements, Dice!

Found a video by Halo Storm 12...and those advices...great and makes it a lot easier!!! The followong is courtesy of Halo Storm 12!!!

-----------------

The skid loader is on wake island. As the description says you can do it by running someone over with it or you could do it this way which may be a little less frustrating. First of get in the skid loader and go plant some AT mines under an unocupied vehicle. Now hop back in your skid loader and try not to die, if your lucky an enemy will hop in the vehicle and will explode. This will count as a skid loader kill.

Last edited by Tommy Gun 81; 12-14-2011 at 09:25 AM.
Old 12-14-2011, 09:40 AM   #4
Pea Tear Gryphon

Las Veg Oz's Gamercard
Get a friend and switch teams when you can, meet at the end of the beach by A with the skid loader and pray things go your way, take turns running each other over. Like a Boss!
Old 12-14-2011, 09:42 AM   #5
Djelement85

I just jumped in a squashed someone first try .. no problems at all. Managed to kill 2 people before getting killed.
Djelement85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 09:59 AM   #6
lord verh

lord verh's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy Gun 81 View Post
*LOL*, pure luck based...this is stupid, but hey, nothing wrong about funny achievements, Dice!

Found a video by Halo Storm 12...and those advices...great and makes it a lot easier!!! The followong is courtesy of Halo Storm 12!!!

-----------------

The skid loader is on wake island. As the description says you can do it by running someone over with it or you could do it this way which may be a little less frustrating. First of get in the skid loader and go plant some AT mines under an unocupied vehicle. Now hop back in your skid loader and try not to die, if your lucky an enemy will hop in the vehicle and will explode. This will count as a skid loader kill.
That worked for the ps3 but has been patched.
lord verh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 12:03 PM   #7
Barad
Reading 50 Shades of Grey

Send a message via Skype™ to Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Gold   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Staff Club - troy0891   Micro Guide - Silver   Road Map - Platinum   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Diamond   Achievement Guide - Gold   15,000 Posts
Total Awards: 18 (more» ...)
It' super easy, was my very first kill. Though I did run into a group of 3 and only got one of them then got out and killed the others. Just sneak around enemy bases.

**Work of Jardinho**
Barad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 12:05 PM   #8
Tommy Gun 81

Tommy Gun 81's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by himalaybarad View Post
Just sneak around enemy bases.
In a skidloader
Old 12-14-2011, 09:35 PM   #9
gabwe

gabwe's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by lord verh View Post
I still managed to get it this way yesterday...

gabwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 10:08 PM   #10
O0mix0O

O0mix0O's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Silver
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabwe View Post
I still managed to get it this way yesterday...
I put down some AT mines, died, spawned in a plane and got a roadkill. Fingers crossed this will also work with the damn skid loader, I shall update when/if I get this cheevo

90,000G - 01/08/2013
Batman: Arkham City

O0mix0O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 10:10 PM   #11
O0mix0O

O0mix0O's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by lord verh View Post
I put down AT mines, died, spawned in a jet and got a roadkill from the mines. Fingers crossed this will work with the skid loader. I shall update when/if I get this damn cheevo.

90,000G - 01/08/2013

Old 12-14-2011, 10:13 PM   #12
GamingDude

Skuller 1O1's Gamercard
Lol literally 30 seconds with the skid loader and i found someone whos controller died and i ran him over XD
GamingDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 10:21 PM   #13
O0mix0O

O0mix0O's Gamercard

Doesn't work But I did get it legit! Engineers think they only need 1 rocket to take these things down... They need 2 >: D

90,000G - 01/08/2013

Old 12-16-2011, 11:58 AM   #14
InsaneKane87

InSAn3 KAn3's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
I can't stand this damn thing and got so close so many times earlier. Im either taken out by a sniper, that motherf*****g helicopter. Earlier I was riding behind someone on the dirt/grass but its so slow they heard me and turned around, he tried placing C4 but I got out and shot him.

It just sucks as it seems everyone is either in a tank, a jet, a helicopter, or sniping.

Oh and lets not forget campers using their javelins on you once you drive off. Not to mention you don't even hear a beeping sound when they are locking on those damn SOB's.
Old 12-16-2011, 02:28 PM   #15
PrinceofDeath86

Send a message via Yahoo to PrinceofDeath86

PrinceofDeath01's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneKane87 View Post
I can't stand this damn thing and got so close so many times earlier. Im either taken out by a sniper, that motherf*****g helicopter. Earlier I was riding behind someone on the dirt/grass but its so slow they heard me and turned around, he tried placing C4 but I got out and shot him.

It just sucks as it seems everyone is either in a tank, a jet, a helicopter, or sniping.

Oh and lets not forget campers using their javelins on you once you drive off. Not to mention you don't even hear a beeping sound when they are locking on those damn SOB's.
I have noticed the increase in Javelin users since the Update, mainly on teams that im NOT ON. It would be nice if i got on teams where people would use the javelin, that way i could wipe the dust off my SOFLAM an put it to good use. I like to roll around in a tank with guided shell so i can jump in the 3rd seat lock on then switch back an fire.
Old 12-16-2011, 03:16 PM   #16
head0r Inc

AC Cloud Strife's Gamercard
Just got it.. totally lucky. A buggy wanted to kill me so i went out of the loader and killed those 2 with my M16, afterwards i jumped back in and found a Pioneer behind some trees lol, his first rocket missed and he was reloading.. so i took advantage out of him XD

head0r Inc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 12:53 AM   #17
DamagedWill

Send a message via AIM to DamagedWill

DamagedWill's Gamercard
Finally got mine. My friend told me two guys were prone in the hanger with the flag, right next to where you get the loader. I drove in, into the corner and all it did was launch one guy behind me and push the other guy away. My friend killed the guy I pushed and I backed up in frustration of thinking that I missed my easiest chance... and roadkill. The guy I launched was still behind me, running up to me to kill me and I ran him over in reverse.

Old 12-24-2011, 01:11 PM   #18
InsaneKane87

InSAn3 KAn3's Gamercard

I saw a trailer last night on TV I didn't even know was out where a bunch of guys got in the skid loader placing C4 on it, drove it to a building jumping out waiting for it to go in and hit their triggers to blow it up. Funniest thing ive seen in a long time.
Old 12-24-2011, 07:11 PM   #19
BBDrew84

BBDrew's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneKane87 View Post
I saw a trailer last night on TV I didn't even know was out where a bunch of guys got in the skid loader placing C4 on it, drove it to a building jumping out waiting for it to go in and hit their triggers to blow it up. Funniest thing ive seen in a long time.
I watched that same video after I posted last night, and I laughed quite hard. I barely used the support class before this week and I do not know why I waited so long. I love that the class has C4, it is my new favorite weapon! I have 49 kills with it since Monday, I hope to get my service soon.
BBDrew84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 03:24 PM   #20
Dr4gOnsFuRy

This is beyond ridiculous, I was in a Skidloader and spotted a guy whos back was to me, then he lay prone so I thought perfect an easy kill, I began to drive up to him and then he turned around while prone and teased me until I got closer then he got up and moved out the way as I was about to him him. Another time I actually hit a guy but he got pushed back and then he shot a rocket to kill me. I am trying to go for it right now but every time I select Wake Island I get an error could not join message.

Dr4gOnsFuRy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 05:40 PM   #21
eley223

Mad4Toast's Gamercard
Best way is to pair up, switch teams and meet on the beach at the back of B me and insane Kane got it within 5 minutes.
eley223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 12:08 PM   #22
InsaneKane87

InSAn3 KAn3's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by eley223 View Post
Best way is to pair up, switch teams and meet on the beach at the back of B me and insane Kane got it within 5 minutes.
Hes right, I parked under the second hanger ? and he ran down the side of the beach. It was funny the first time someone else on my team ran him down just as I was going to. We got it done tho within minutes so thats the best way if anyone wants to get it out of the way. Im glad I did, I was dying countless times trying.
Old 01-07-2012, 07:33 PM   #23
mjpartyboy

ROBOSLIDER's Gamercard
I just got this on my second attempt. I was trying the mine method and eventually it worked out. I planted some at the airfield and was riding around in the Skid Loader and then I saw a buggy, so I coaxed it into following me along the path where my mines were. Thankfully it avoided the first set that I didn't lay and then fell into my trap.
Old 04-26-2012, 12:13 AM   #24
XcS Dead Deer

XcS Dead Deer's Gamercard
I was in a game of conquest and spawned on the boat, so i immediately made my way over to it. I drove around for a bit and hid, untill I saw B was being captured. So me, wanting my achievement, went to find the person. I found him behind the crane, and he'd peak from side to side.I give him credit because he stood his ground and tried to shoot me out of it, but he missed his vital shot. I won
XcS Dead Deer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 01:39 AM   #25
ConfusedGeek

Confusedgeek's Gamercard

got it via the at mines method. planet mines got in and started triving, i think i got it when i was on the other side of the map. i wasnt hiding i was looking on the edges to run someone over.
ConfusedGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 12:25 PM   #26
tankbuster

TANK BUST3R's Gamercard
Why is my Skid-Loader broken??. It seems every time I find one and start looking around while driving in it seems concrete mixed with mud and mixed with Glue my little skidder finds the only land mine on the map LOL. I sure wish this thing would float ...
tankbuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 05:08 PM   #27
Colechr94

DullSword52's Gamercard
I agree with most people that this is purely luck-based. For me, what happened was some guy was trying to be all sneaky and take out a tank, while standing directly in front of the skidloader. So, I pegged it to the loader, got in and hit the gas. Next thing I knew, a roadkill and cheevo popped up. I've never felt so good about getting such a strange kill, and being rewarded for it!

Dark Souls
Soul Calibur 4
Batman Arkham Asylum
Halo CE Anniversary
Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare
Rage
Minecraft
Dead Rising 2 Case Zero
Dead Rising 2 Case West
Pac-Man CE
Space Marine: Kill Team
Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm 2
Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations
Marvel Vs. Capcom 3
Colechr94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 05:54 PM   #28
BBDrew84

BBDrew's Gamercard

The Skidloader is a vehicle of opportunity. I usually will hop in it when there is complete chaos around the objective that it spawns at. When everyone is focused on the tank or AA gun around the objective hop in and find someone shooting rockets at armor. Or you can use at as a personal vehicle to get from one place to another and then someone will present themselves as an easy kill. I know, I will usually be in the Skidloader when I play Wake Island, or an F-35 that thing has become my favorite Jet.

Last edited by BBDrew84; 09-08-2012 at 05:58 PM.
BBDrew84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 04:33 PM   #29
fat_tony

Obi TW0's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Finally! I gave up on this back in January but decided to have a go at it again today as I've been focussing on clearing up some of the achievements the last week or so.

Tried using mines, taking stuff out with the javelin etc with no joy. Finally just got really lucky and an enemy jeep stopped just in front of me near the hangars on Wake Island. Two guys jumped out, both started shooting at me and stood in a line....ended up getting a double roadkill!

Now I can put the Skid Loader on the list of things I'm not going to touch ever again in BF3, alongside Squad Deathmatch and the EOD bot!

100% Games
fat_tony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 03:17 PM   #30
BIGbivvie

Phil Bardsley's Gamercard

Just got mine!

He turns to me, and he says, "Why so serious?".
Comes at me with the knife, "Why so serious?!".
Sticks the blade in my mouth, "Let's put a smile on that face."
Aaaand, why so serious?

BIGbivvie is offline   Reply With Quote