PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Assassin's Creed
Subscribe    Donate

Old 12-26-2011, 02:33 AM   #1
Night45Fox

Night45Fox's Gamercard
Can I get Hungerer of Knowledge and Conversationalist without a new game?

Hello All,

I have every achievement besides Conversationalist and Hungerer of Knowledge, I don't know how I missed Hungerer of Knowledge because I mashed A during every cutscene haha!

I was wondering if I could earn both of these achievements by loading memory block 1 on a completed game and have them both unlock.

Thanks!

Completed Retail - Alan Wake, Halo CE: A, Oblivion, COD2, MW1, MW2, MW3, Fallout 3 PC, Conviction, AC 1 & 2
Completed Arcade - Wik: Fable of Souls, DR2: Case Zero, Harm's Way, Dash of Destruction, Galaga
Night45Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 03:27 AM   #2
McGoogles

Ratify's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - * Clueless *   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Silver   Staff Club - DEG23   XBA Promoter   Submit - Silver
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
No, you have to start a new game. That being said, it should only take a few hours as you've already completed the game and know what to do.
Latest arcade completion: Motocross Madness

McGoogles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 03:53 AM   #3
Night45Fox

Night45Fox's Gamercard
Damn!

But oh well, thanks McGoogles.

Completed Retail - Alan Wake, Halo CE: A, Oblivion, COD2, MW1, MW2, MW3, Fallout 3 PC, Conviction, AC 1 & 2
Completed Arcade - Wik: Fable of Souls, DR2: Case Zero, Harm's Way, Dash of Destruction, Galaga
Night45Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 12:30 PM   #4
bbird0407

bbird86's Gamercard
Thanks for asking/answering this. It happened to me and I decided to go back but still couldn't. Bring myself to start a new one. Least I've got flags to collect in the meantime.
bbird0407 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 11:57 AM   #5
WNxWattZ

chris wattz's Gamercard
These are two very missable achievable, but Conversationalist is the only achievement you need a new game for.

Conversationalist is best down through a guide and a speed run (I did it last with a speed run in only a few hours, yes I'm fast). Basically you can either follow and trust a guide in talking to lucy or you can just keep trying to talk to her until she tells you to go to bed or sleep, something like that.

With Hungerer of Knowledge, you can start a new game and just make sure you get every glitch in the assassination scenes and talks with the assassin leader (forgot his name) or you can replay certain assassination blocks and there have been some reports that it counts as it is 85% of the total 100% of glitches counted.

Hope I helped,

100% games
Elder scrolls IV: Oblivion
Tenchu Z
Borderlands
LEGO Batman
Assassin's Creed
L.A Noire
Elder Scrolls IV: Skyrim

Games currently working on
Dead Space 2
Halo 4
Assassin's Creed III
Fable III
WNxWattZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 07:22 PM   #6
Oceans4Ransom

Send a message via ICQ to Oceans4Ransom

Oceans 4 Ransom's Gamercard
When I attempted Hungerer of Knowledge, it worked for me by restarting the memory block, but the conversationalist is only done as you progress through the game from start to finish. That itself requires a new game and it honestly took me about 7 hours to do that new game and focusing only on dialogues with Lucy and then getting the flags I was missing, which causes you to get all the flags from the area you missed them regardless for the ach. So good luck going through that again. It was a refresher for me to do a new game though cuz I forgot how the story went after almost 2 years of silence from Altair.

Top 5 Current Backlog: Final Fantasy XIII, Gears of War, Red Dead Redemption, Red Faction: Guerrilla, and Risen.
Oceans4Ransom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 06:17 PM   #7
Ryuuk GX 57

Ryuuk GX 57's Gamercard
Yeah I had to start all over for the conversationalist one.
Ryuuk GX 57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 11:22 AM   #8
Aku

MasterAQ's Gamercard
Hungerer of Knowledge is really annoying. But repeating sequences can help.
Aku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 03:40 PM   #9
WolfmanStarrk

WolfmanStarrk2's Gamercard
Like everyone else said before me, it seems you can get Hungerer of Knowledge without having to start a new game. But also that isn't so for Conversationalist, believe me, I tried when I learned I missed one conversation.