PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Saints Row: The Third
Subscribe    Donate

Old 12-26-2011, 08:17 AM   #1
myalt22

CracKforBrumak's Gamercard
Glitches you've encountered

Enjoying this game, apart from it's glitches.
Post what you've experienced.
  1. I can no longer use human shields. The Y button does nothing.
  2. R3 no longer kicks people in the crotch. It does a smack to the head which has little to no effect.
  3. And the best one of all, the virtual fight against Matt Miller. My character says "oh shit!", and then nothing happens. He never re-appears, meaning I cannot complete the mission.

I encountered less bugs in Skyrim. At least I could actually fucking progress the storyline in that game.
myalt22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 09:14 AM   #2
d0ct0rscarecr0w

d0ct0rscarecr0w's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
1. sometimes people would appear half way through sidewalks and objects and could move properly.

2. when I had all the evade all damage upgrades and jumped out of a vehicle as it exploded it would sometimes kill me.

that's actually about it.
Old 12-26-2011, 04:12 PM   #3
Eighty 0ne

Eighty 0ne's Gamercard
All of the vehicles in the game quit making sound. Nothing. No sound what so ever.
Old 03-14-2012, 01:08 AM   #4
ChiliD

Chili D 20's Gamercard
I had my car breakdance into a river
Also all the sound is about a second and a half late
ChiliD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 04:21 PM   #5
diddyjosh

Send a message via MSN to diddyjosh

Diddy J0SH's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by myalt22 View Post
  2. R3 no longer kicks people in the crotch. It does a smack to the head which has little to no effect.
  3. And the best one of all, the virtual fight against Matt Miller. My character says "oh shit!", and then nothing happens. He never re-appears, meaning I cannot complete the mission.

I encountered less bugs in Skyrim. At least I could actually fucking progress the storyline in that game.
number 3 of the glitches you listed did you ever manage to fix it? because im getting the same one?
diddyjosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 06:28 PM   #6
myalt22

CracKforBrumak's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by diddyjosh View Post
number 3 of the glitches you listed did you ever manage to fix it? because im getting the same one?
Nope, still cannot progress past it.
myalt22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 06:38 PM   #7
Ellerkermike381
Banned User

What is the cause of these glitches? my last qlitch was my car disappearing while driving.
Ellerkermike381 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 10:40 PM   #8
DanielH

CraziestDemonic's Gamercard
what i think(clears throat)is, uh, the developers, knowing there is glitches, pushed out this game to, uh, make a qiuck buck, and now alot of people are saying SR3 is glitched.

for me there is 2 Major glitch.

i was doing base jumping off 3 Count and the marker was at the entrance. i landed on the roof and i was stuck. i jumped, still stuck, i turned, WTF. i went left and right until it stopped. finally after jumping alot, i got down to the surface.

i stop my car, near the entrance, push Y, the car is in the building, as it did in SR1

Last edited by DanielH; 12-26-2011 at 11:13 PM.
DanielH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 01:37 AM   #9
SchiZoPHreNiikz

SchiZoPHreNiikz's Gamercard
I had no glitches in this game.
One of the easiest and most fun 100% ever.
Old 12-27-2011, 06:06 PM   #10
I mak3 big boom

Pound My Rumpus's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by myalt22 View Post

I don't know if this'll work for you but it worked for me.
1)turn off your xbox
2)go through the entire mission again until you get to the ramp before you fight Matt.
3)turn the game difficulty to hardcore before the fight
4)get to the part where he turns invisible and there is a cutscene.
5)turn it back to casual

This also worked for my other glitch where it kept replaying the loading screen when you punch nyteblade and kidnap him.

So just turn it on hardcore before the glitch happened and voila
I mak3 big boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 06:09 PM   #11
I mak3 big boom

Pound My Rumpus's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by I mak3 big boom View Post
I don't know if this'll work for you but it worked for me.
1)turn off your xbox
2)go through the entire mission again until you get to the ramp before you fight Matt.
3)turn the game difficulty to hardcore before the fight
4)get to the part where he turns invisible and there is a cutscene.
5)turn it back to casual

This also worked for my other glitch where it kept replaying the loading screen when you punch nyteblade and kidnap him.

So just turn it on hardcore before the glitch happened and voila
This is for #3
I mak3 big boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 06:23 PM   #12
UberPirateNinja

UberPirateNinja's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
i once fell off a freeway bridge, into a house below. went thru the roof, landed on the floor, and was totally stuck, as it was just a scenery house, with no doors or windows, had to quit out & re-start to get back into the game.
UberPirateNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 10:59 PM   #13
BigBP33

Abomber's Gamercard
I also have a huge red area that covers my screen when I play any of the Professor Genki activities. I cannot see a single thing and there is no way I can complete the Genki activities like this, which means I cannot get 1000G in the game unless there is some way to fix it.

EDIT- Restarting your xbox seems to fix this for now.

MLB 2K12

Last edited by BigBP33; 12-29-2011 at 01:10 AM.
BigBP33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 11:49 PM   #14
NoiseCrime

NoiseCrime's Gamercard
One of the buggiest games i've played this generation. Thankfully all the actual bugs were fixed by either playing a different mission, restarting the game from dashboard or restarting xbox.

Here's my list.

1. Half a dozen freezes/crashes forcing reboot.
2. Professor Genki - the red graphic cross graphic stayed on screen.
3. People and cars half way through roads.
4. Kidnap the actor guy mission, after picking him up game got caught in a constant loop resetting itself every 2 seconds.
5. Car engine noises disappearing.
6. Y button failure - Couldn't finish off brutes, no human shields etc.
7. Waiting 40 minutes for a specific npc to appear to complete assassination mission.
8. Died whilst hijacking a car, game decided to run me over despite being in the drivers seat.

and to cap it all poor development/testing not to realise that gamers might 100% all takeovers, thus making a number of activities and some assassinations a real chore to do, as you had to force gang members to appear.
NoiseCrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 09:05 PM   #15
x Blood Vortex

x Blood Vortex's Gamercard
im having the same problem with the red area covering the screen. they better fix all the glitches. its pissing me off knowing i cant even get 100% because of these glitches.

Edit: I Restarted my Xbox and the red screen went away when i went into Prof Genkis activity.

Last edited by x Blood Vortex; 12-28-2011 at 09:11 PM.
x Blood Vortex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 05:23 AM   #16
Killerninja

KillerNinja002's Gamercard
Saint Row Glitches

Ok.. Well I'm extremely pissed off because I can't advance in the game WHAT SO EVER...On the mission where you dress up as evil nuns and kidnap night blade, after I enter the room and knock him out when the game loads after that it just keeps reloading constantly and I tried to reset checkpoint numerous times but it just keeps reloading. There's also the mission when I'm fighting Matt millers avatar he just flies up into the air when I have him down to 75% health. And iv tried not shooting him right off the back like others have told me but he still just flys away and doesn't come back... and since these are the only two missions that I can do to go further in the game iv been completely screwed.
Killerninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 04:07 PM   #17
dtolley

dtolley's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 3   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Game audio stopping until I dashboard and reload.
"Y" button actions not working
Freezing during various missions
but the worst so far is almost every time I use my in-game phone, it just freezes and I have to dashboard out and reload the game.
dtolley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 12:23 PM   #18
JasonTh3Kill3r

JasonTh3Kill3r's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killerninja View Post
Ok.. Well I'm extremely pissed off because I can't advance in the game WHAT SO EVER...On the mission where you dress up as evil nuns and kidnap night blade, after I enter the room and knock him out when the game loads after that it just keeps reloading constantly and I tried to reset checkpoint numerous times but it just keeps reloading. There's also the mission when I'm fighting Matt millers avatar he just flies up into the air when I have him down to 75% health. And iv tried not shooting him right off the back like others have told me but he still just flys away and doesn't come back... and since these are the only two missions that I can do to go further in the game iv been completely screwed.
Dude! I've had that exact same glitch.
JasonTh3Kill3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 04:28 PM   #19
xKRAIZEEMANx

xKRAIZEEMANx's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
I have had the trouble of no longer being able to use human shields. Had to restart the mission "3 Count Beat Down" like 4 times before it worked. I did clear the cache a couple of times in between. Eventually it worked.

xKRAIZEEMANx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 06:51 PM   #20
Dragon83uk

Dragon83uk's Gamercard
And now it appears I've had the Act 2 achievement glitch on me. I got the "kill-deckers.exe" earlier and I just got "I heart Nyte Blayde" but no "Titanic effort"? I tried resetting the cache (I read somewhere here that that's supposed to help) but still nothing. Guess that means playing through to that mission again at some point?
Old 12-29-2011, 08:28 PM   #21
MartyMcFly

Ten 13 13's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon83uk View Post
And now it appears I've had the Act 2 achievement glitch on me. I got the "kill-deckers.exe" earlier and I just got "I heart Nyte Blayde" but no "Titanic effort"? I tried resetting the cache (I read somewhere here that that's supposed to help) but still nothing. Guess that means playing through to that mission again at some point?
Ouch, it sounds like you are having the worst luck with this game. Your game copy must be cursed or something.

I would suggest just trying to replay the mission again. To anyone else, keep a few separate save files spread out throughout the game in case something like this happens. Every few missions I save under a new file just in case if I have to revert back. I do this with almost every game that has the option to do so.
MartyMcFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 09:20 PM   #22
Dragon83uk

Dragon83uk's Gamercard
I'm not sure but I think it might be my mistake there. I've just got that achievement and (avoiding spoilers) the description on it is very much what I've just done? I don't quite understand why but the guide on here says that you get the titanic and decker achievements together?
Old 12-29-2011, 09:54 PM   #23
MartyMcFly

Ten 13 13's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon83uk View Post
I'm not sure but I think it might be my mistake there. I've just got that achievement and (avoiding spoilers) the description on it is very much what I've just done? I don't quite understand why but the guide on here says that you get the titanic and decker achievements together?
I didn't get to that point in the game yet, but from what I've read in that achievement guide there are plenty of errors. Read some of the replies on that guide. Some achievements are listed to pop at the wrong times, while the guide maker also said there's 900 Single Player and 10 Multiplayer = 1000 lol.
MartyMcFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 03:53 AM   #24
tunaleg

Tunaleg's Gamercard
1. Car disappears while driving
2. Sound (gun noise in particular) goes off/becomes very quiet
3. Game out right crashes (three times while attempting "Takeover the city" mission)
tunaleg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 12:18 AM   #25
Rep

Send a message via AIM to Rep Send a message via Skype™ to Rep

Mainstream's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Silver   XBA Promoter   Referrals - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
I have encountered so many glitches during Saint's Row 3, it's unbelievable. Yeah, it's still a great game, but a lot of the bugs are very annoying.

• I got stuck inside the highway tunnel, once, when trying to revive a co-op player..
  • The tires on my car go under the map while the rear tire's stay up.
  • Street Bike had no wheels.
  • Got blew up from a grenade and knocked me right through a building.
There are also a lot others that I can't think of.
Old 01-04-2012, 05:31 PM   #26
yummymummy

yummymummy8810's Gamercard
I have had my vulture stuck in a wall and not be able to move it.

A motorbike front wheel sunk into the ground and I couldn't move.

Had a motorbike stuck in the mid air.... TOO MANY GLITCHESS!!!!
Rayman Origins
yummymummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 12:39 AM   #27
redlight racer

Redlight Racer's Gamercard
I've ran across many glitches (most are not game killing, and all have been fixed with a reload of the save). Last night, me and a friend were co-oping as I completed the steal X vehicle activities... and for no apparent reason the cops got pissed off at us and would continually come after us more and more. We would hide out in our crib and it would take the cops off, then we just stood there and slowly went from no cops to 5 badges after us for standing in our own crib!

We had a good laugh, and it was luckily fixed after a reloaded save.

18 games completed: 13 Retail, 5 Arcade
redlight racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 05:51 PM   #28
KcazIsKewl

The Kcaz's Gamercard
Sometimes when I punch an Emu with the APOCA-FIST it starts bouncing uncontrollably, it is pretty funny.................Untill it blows up
KcazIsKewl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 07:05 PM   #29
Frazerz1990

Frazerz1990's Gamercard
Red screen blocking view on Professor Genki

Not being able to press 'Y' on the mission to interact with the man on the mission you get the guys mask back

Going into an area to pick up a vehicle and then 5 seconds later telling me the vehicle is destroyed

But so far I've managed to sort out the first 2 by just turning my xbox off and on again and restarting the game. The last one, well I haven't turned my xbox off yet as I'm in no hurry to get that done as I have a lot of other things to do.
Old 01-12-2012, 12:23 AM   #30
Hoffer

Hoffer's Gamercard
I got down to one activity left on my map. It was a Genki show one. I've got the big red X thing blocking the screen. Just shut down my Xbox and I'll go back and try again in a couple minutes.
Hoffer is offline   Reply With Quote