Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Mass Effect 3
Subscribe    Donate

Old 03-04-2012, 12:54 PM   #1
iBuzz7S

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 2
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
"Official" Bitching Thread

Well, it was to be somewhat expected. I was watching a livestream of someone playing and what looked like the importing of the ME2 save file corrupt. He said that he spent over 70 hours playing ME2 and the save won't even work with ME2.

I was thinking of getting ME2 and having a quick playthrough on the 360, but seeing this little hickup, it's turned me off the idea.

Edit.
Please, do not take my post as some sort of confirmation that all saves are corrupt/will be corrupt. This was the first I've seen/heard of such a thing and it's a mere coincidence.

Last edited by iBuzz7S; 03-04-2012 at 01:23 PM.
iBuzz7S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 01:01 PM   #2
Quickdraw

Quickdraw1988's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by iBuzz7S View Post
Well, it was to be somewhat expected. I was watching a livestream of someone playing and what looked like the importing of the ME2 save file corrupt. He said that he spent over 70 hours playing ME2 and the save won't even work with ME2.

I was thinking of getting ME2 and having a quick playthrough on the 360, but seeing this little hickup, it's turned me off the idea.
i have a few saves but there is only one i truely want to use and i will be very annoyed i if ic an not use my desired save. watch first 3 vids online of it onto second mission still not seen anywhere once you import the character to change like your class if you grow tired of your old one.

You can't outrun Death forever, But you can make him work for it.

Urgently Boosting Saints Row 2 MP Achieves Message Me.
Quickdraw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 01:05 PM   #3
Valiantheart

valiant heart's Gamercard
Whats this about an ME2 save file being corrupt? I've heard something the other day about ME3 and ME2 save files being corrupted but I don't know all the details.

Can someone fill me in?

I WILL PUKE BLOOD INTO YOUR SOUL!
Valiantheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 01:19 PM   #4
SarDark

SarDark's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valiantheart View Post
Whats this about an ME2 save file being corrupt? I've heard something the other day about ME3 and ME2 save files being corrupted but I don't know all the details.

Can someone fill me in?
ME3 can't read cloud-stored savefiles.
Some balls of steele guys out there, exported the files to the xbox Gold cloud service before formatting their consoles' hdd. Now they have useless cloud files that can't be read.

afaik
SarDark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 04:45 PM   #5
Tsuarn

Tsuarn's Gamercard
so its only with saves stored on the cloud?

if so im lucky i made a back up of my saves :S
Tsuarn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 06:10 PM   #6
13ip0lar

Zweipolig's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
In the end there have been two fixes for the situation. The only one I recall off the top of my head is the easy one, which is to move the save back to your HD. I even loaded my 2010 save from ME2 up just to make sure there is nothing wrong. I figure if it loads in ME2 fine, it shouldn't have an issue when I import it.

I hate people... But don't worry, if you are reading this it likely means I don't hate you. Why? People can't read.

13ip0lar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 07:36 PM   #7
Broon43

broon43's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Cloud saves won't take well. My save from the hdd was fine, only problem was ME3 didn't recognize the code for my shepard from ME2, and I had to customize features again. No big whoop. I have played over 12 hours without corruption issues from the hdd port.
Old 03-14-2012, 12:02 PM   #8
Talhiri

Talhiri's Gamercard
at least ME3 isn't like Fable 3 where a stupid bug kills all my saved data and makes it unplayable... three times over.

I can wait for a patch to fix my Shepard's face, managed to recreate her and him more or less about 95% the same, though damnit give my Shepard's scars back. They add to my character!

That being said in mild disappointment, kind of silly to have a bug like that pop up after just being released.... I'm no game designer, but shouldn't this have been scrubbed through before the game was released?

~ Talhiri ~
Talhiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 10:28 PM   #9
o CYB0RG o

o CYB0RG o's Gamercard
The one think that pisses me off more than anything is their inability to be able to match the moving lips with what they are saying. Its so painful to watch I try to look through the person when they are talking so it doesn't stand out as much!

RIP MGC
o CYB0RG o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 09:54 AM   #10
gundamcreed7

Assassiness7's Gamercard
i have been having problem's with it crashing all the F****** time at the end of missions and having to redo the bloody thing if i was doing it on easy i could not give a shit about it but because i am doing it on insane so i can get the achievement it's really starting to piss me doing each mission twice taking me about 2 hours to do each mission
gundamcreed7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 10:15 AM   #11
Person5

Person5's Gamercard
I have two main issues with the game

1. I'm switching discs between every mission.

2. None of my choices matter.
2 is what really irks me, I was excited to see how my decisions would have consequences!
I try to argue this to my friend who is looking at the game through rose colored glasses but he just claims I didn't pick the "right" or "canon" choices
Spoiler! (click here to reveal)

why did I bother making choices in ME1 and ME2? I was gonna go back and make a new full playthrough with different choices in both games but now? Why bother

GT: Person5
Person5-Random number or ironic gaming reference?you decide...
100% retail: The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, Cod: MW2, The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, Mass Effect 2, Prototype 2
Person5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 04:36 AM   #12
chino86

FlightOfIcaris's Gamercard
The last 2 hours of this game (Insanity) can eat me. I had a blast with this game, but 4 parts really irked me POSSIBLE SPOILERS:
1: The final fight with Ling: I hate when developers set up a set of parameters for gameplay (cover system, fighting style, etc.) only to throw them away and call it difficulty. "Hey, let's have them start in an empty room with Ling already taking shots at you. Also he is only 4 feet away and can insta-kill you off the bat."
2. The final defense of the shield battery: When I have to run through massive amounts of enemies and basically depend on luck that I will have them not paying attention on that particular run. It is not fun. The game tried to Eff me when I finally got to the button too by making me roll three times instead of pressing it.
3. The final hobble up to get on the ship. Really? I have to replay what is basically an interactive cutscene? The point of replaying part of a game is supposed to be to refresh your strategy and try again. Rewatching a cutscene repeatedly just to hope you get lucky enough to pop enough shots into a marauder is stupid. Which brings us to...
4. The final scene with the illusive man. Now here we have a cutscene itself, with only dialogue options, that you can FAIL. Nowhere else in the game-a game built on freedom of decision mind you, will you fail for not choosing a specific route. Plus you can't even speed up the scene, which is fairly long.

All that aside, otherwise every fun game and I don't see what the big deal with the ending was.
chino86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 06:07 AM   #13
ChosenOne

SlayingADragon's Gamercard
Achievement progress reset. Gotta love it.
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 06:01 PM   #14
fastNcurious

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chino86 View Post
2. The final defense of the shield battery: When I have to run through massive amounts of enemies and basically depend on luck that I will have them not paying attention on that particular run. It is not fun. The game tried to Eff me when I finally got to the button too by making me roll three times instead of pressing it.
Haha. That happened to me, too. I was freakin screaming at the screen cuz I was getting shot at the time, had no shields, and could see my health depleting. Luckily my fourth A button worked. That's why I hate it when games assign one button for multiple things.
fastNcurious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 08:04 PM   #15
Vintage91

Vintage91's Gamercard
One of the first things that I noticed about this game that drove me crazy quickly was switching back and forth between the two discs.

-I put in Disc 1 to start the game.
-Hadn't completed Palaven yet.
-Go to do the first Cerberus side mission.
-Told to put in Disc 2.
-Complete side mission.
-Move onto Palaven.
-Get told to put in Disc 1.
-Complete Palaven.
-etc. etc.
Vintage91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 09:18 PM   #16
niko da bos

asari command0's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage91 View Post
One of the first things that I noticed about this game that drove me crazy quickly was switching back and forth between the two discs.

-Told to put in Disc 2.
-Complete side mission.
-Move onto Palaven.
-Complete Palaven.
-etc. etc.
i agree its overwhelming when you start the game, after the first few main missions the disc switching settles down. however, that was very weird when i first started up the game. i thought i was going to need to switch off disc1 each time i wanted to veer off "the beaten path" of the main plot. which would be god aweful, luckily it calms down after a while.

lately whats been grinding my gears is the plaugue that is .. god forbid your teammate is downed next to cover AND an indoctrination device. your ass will be doing combat rolls, hacking the device and going to cover for 30 seconds while they bleed out. they need to give me an option to switch around the interact button. ive searched all over the menus, there has to be something im missing.
niko da bos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 04:15 PM   #17
a 6roken sword

A 6roken sword's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage91 View Post

-Told to put in Disc 2.
-Complete side mission.
-Move onto Palaven.
-Complete Palaven.
-etc. etc.
I found that waiting to do side quests until after Sur'kesh minimized disc swapping and didn't sacrifice any timed quests or anything
a 6roken sword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 04:19 AM   #18
Sour Pug Diesel

Sour Pug Diesel's Gamercard
Great game idk why people would bitch. i loved every second of my 3 playthroughs, couldnt ask for much more, othert han when you transfer your character you can change your class
Sour Pug Diesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 08:11 AM   #19
Grummy

Grumftheld's Gamercard
Mass Effect 3 cannot successfully determine the custom face code......

Bah! Not a major issue really, but bloody annoying all the same. I like my Shepard, I spent ages designing him back on ME 1.

http://www.360voice.com/tag/Grumftheld

My First Guide!! Way of the Samurai 3
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/g...ai-3-us/guide/
If you have any questions, please pm me on here then send me a message on Live to let me know its here and I'll get to it asap.
Grummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 09:23 PM   #20
jules the great

Send a message via AIM to jules the great

OldSchoolJules's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sour Pug Diesel View Post
Great game idk why people would bitch.
Well you do know this is an official bitching thread right? Maybe the last 11 pages will enlighten you?
Old 04-10-2012, 12:24 AM   #21
darr3772

darr112's Gamercard
I liked ME3 but can't say I enjoyed it as much as the first two games.
ME3 felt rather linear with limited exploration with the Citadel being the only real place I could go visit (I do understand that there's a war on and going to Tunchanka to watch varren fight in a pit might not be a possibly).
I don't think I could do missions in the order I wanted to like in the first two games. I've only been through once so I could be wrong.

The section of the game on Earth at the end I feel went on too long. When I got to the missile activation thing I was hoping it would be it, but they decided to throw hordes of reapers at me.

The dream sequences where Shepard is in the forest really annoyed me. My renegade Shepard cares for no one.
darr3772 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 08:57 AM   #22
TrendyNinja

TrendyNinja's Gamercard
Well after completing the game on insanity I failed to get the unwavering achievement pop which as many of you have suffered from was due to my stats being reset. Says I have completed 23/27 of the missions which I can assure you is totally wrong. I have done all 27 on insanity including the dlc. I even checked all 27 missions on youtube to be extra sure and I can recall doing each and everyone of them.

Thing is...there is just no way of knowing which of those 4 missions they are. So I can't for example start a new campaign...blast through some missions on easy and then when I get to the required mission to complete on insanity switch it from easy to insanity. Basically I have to start the whole game again on insanity...noooo. ---------->EA
TrendyNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 12:44 PM   #23
Vault Lad

vault lad's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by jules the great View Post
Well you do know this is an official bitching thread right? Maybe the last 11 pages will enlighten you?
lol fucking pwned.
Old 04-11-2012, 04:47 AM   #24
mysaturdayself

MySaturdaySelf's Gamercard
my only moan is probably WTF is that reporter there in the ship all the time (except possible romance that i didn't look into)... even more bizarre than the whole ending thing.
mysaturdayself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 08:50 PM   #25
Eagle41

Eagle41's Gamercard
Cool

After playing the game through 3x now (I know, I know... WHY?), I find my list of complaints growing. A few of the biggest are:

The Ending: Great way to null out 4.5 years of gaming!!
Multiplayer: Really? The franchise was built on single player. Not everything works better with multiplayer.
Am I the only one that feels maybe the design team just got plain tired of this game? Everything seems (poorly) cobbled together in the hopes that we (the series mega-fans) won't notice.

I rated Mass Effect with 5 stars because I loved the "every decision has consequences" idea (reminiscent of Star Wars KOTOR). Even the arduous task of exploration with that MAKO was not enough for me to drop my rating. In Mass Effect 2, I did take off a star for the pains of exploration, although the designers did actually improve it, slightly. Also, I thought the timing issues with finishing all the loyalty missions and the attack on the Collector base was in a sense, unfair. With Mass Effect 3, they FINALLY got the exploration right (more right would have been a mix between the system scans and the MAKO (I really loved that tank)). Unfortunately, one star goes away for, not the inclusion but the necessity of multiplayer. Another star falls for the ending and being left with a feeling of utter futility. If I was a real hard ass, I would take yet another star away for “forcing” me to purchase DLC right out of the gate making the game $70US rather than the advertised $60US. Plus, the more I play this game, I am finding more and more areas rife with the design teams’ obvious lack of enthusiasm. One would have thought that this series would have ended on a much higher note. Instead, it just seems to portray the feeling of “let’s just get it over with.” Sad. I feel like I have been slimed .

100% Games = 118 (117 Retail, 1 XBLA)
** 100K GS Milestone reached 2012/05/07 - Rainbow Six:Vegas 2 - "Freedom Shall Prevail" ** (100,033)

Last edited by Eagle41; 04-11-2012 at 08:57 PM.
Eagle41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 04:01 PM   #26
colt415

colt415's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze   XBA Promoter   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Waiting for people in mp lobbies and I didn't really like the ending.

Credit Goes To Xerofox For The Great Sig
colt415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 09:11 PM   #27
SWi IVI IVI ER

Hate how the turrets and drones create an invisible wall not allowing me to shoot the enemies aligned with them.

SWi IVI IVI ER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 09:02 PM   #28
DaveGee

DaveGee33's Gamercard
Angry Rant!!

Indoctrination? What do i say to that? Shut up already! I hate the way people are talking about it as if it is fact! It so pisses me off that they think they know best, and, i also believe indoctrination is also a pussies way out of explaining the ending. I am annoyed at the amount of people correcting peoples theories, who say it isnt Indoctrination! I am definitely sure they arent BIOWARE, or wait, maybe they are psychic, or either that they think their opinion is the only opinion! We are all allowed to sum up our own conclusion you know!

I acknowledge that Indoctrination is one of the theories, but it isnt the only one! The beautiful thing about this story is you can sum up your own conclusion. And also, if indoctrination is the explanation for the ending then it doesnt make it one of the best endings ever, Indotrination theory or not, it is still a load of horsecrap!

And also, they say "look at the facts!" What facts? It is a game for crying out LOUD!! We can interpret the game any way we want to and not have jackasses telling us our theories are wrong! I think the Indoctrination theory is a loada shit but I dont go around telling people why exactly it is shit or why their way of thinking is flaw. I hate the way they talk like its fact while nothing has been confirmed by BIOWARE!

Oh, and if this sparks people telling me why I am wrong then I am seriously gonna throw my rattle outta my cradle

Now, if ya dont mind, I am to dream up my Mass Effect 3 happy ending - Shepard and Diana Allers, wot a rack!

Rant over,
Peace out!
DaveGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 11:34 AM   #29
ChainGrave

ChainGrave's Gamercard
GODDAMMIT!
Twice now the servers have gone down just as I've bought an Item pack, been told "We cannot process this at the moment." They give me my creds back, I think "Okay, I'll buy it tomorrow," go to buy it, It says I've spent my creds already with no item pack to show for it, WTF?
ChainGrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 01:21 PM   #30
DaveGee

DaveGee33's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChainGrave View Post
GODDAMMIT!
Twice now the servers have gone down just as I've bought an Item pack, been told "We cannot process this at the moment." They give me my creds back, I think "Okay, I'll buy it tomorrow," go to buy it, It says I've spent my creds already with no item pack to show for it, WTF?
Yup! Poor me lost 99000 credits due to that error!
DaveGee is offline   Reply With Quote