PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Sonic The Hedgehog
Subscribe    Donate

Old 03-05-2012, 04:56 PM   #1
Rawckz

Send a message via Skype™ to Rawckz

undeadrawckz's Gamercard
Why does this game get so much hate?

I bought this game the other day, but haven't had a chance to play it; I was looking online and found that a lot of people have been saying that it's a really bad sonic game.

From what I've seen, it looks like just about any other sonic game, am I wrong?
Rawckz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 05:24 PM   #2
Cyano Khaar

cyano khaar's Gamercard
Watching the game in action is totally different than actually playing it. The controls are absolutely awful. The physics are ass-backwards and there are TONS of bugs and glitches that cause cheap deaths multiple times per level.

It's quite simply an unfinished game. If this game had been given another year of development, it could have been Sonic Adventure 3.

I'm a huge Sonic fan and I am doing my best to see the good in this game, but it isn't easy. There are A LOT of problems.
Cyano Khaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 10:48 PM   #3
minefieldmonkey

minefieldmonkey's Gamercard
yeah really not their best work i made it to running after the ship on the beach level and kept dying because i was hitting trees or running thru the floor on occasions. Got fed up and tossed it into a very dark corner never to be seen again. I love sonic games but this one took the mick
minefieldmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 01:11 PM   #4
The Price of Freedom

I actually picked this game up a while ago, and am yet to play it xD Might give it a crack soon, as it's "so terrible" xD
The Price of Freedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 01:13 PM   #5
Veedrock

Veedrock's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Bronze   Genre Competition - First Place   2,500 Posts   Donator - Level 1   XBA Promoter
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
As much as people dog on this game, I loved the hell out of it, enough to get all the Medals (and thus achievements) and I plan to get the Very Hard DLC once I'm able to stream my gameplay. I encourage you to give it a legitimate chance, a lot of people quit after a few levels (or less!) but after you get acquainted with its, uh, "age" then you might like it too.

Then again, I'm a complete sucker for Sonic so I'm shamelessly biased

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creech View Post
As a site, we don't support calling it "xbone" as that was a name that was used to refer to the system in a negative light. Since the site exists to support the system, being deliberately negative towards it seems counter productive.

tl;dr - Call it the Xbox One or X1.

Last edited by Veedrock; 07-31-2012 at 01:16 PM.
Veedrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 02:06 AM   #6
nukes

Gota b fresh's Gamercard
Im a huge sonic fan, and i liked what i've played so far. It is a bit glitchy, so im hoping it doesnt make me lose the enjoyment ive had thus far. Then again im working on other sonic games so i havent given it a ton of play time.
nukes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 12:31 AM   #7
ScottHarris

neoscott's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veedrock View Post
As much as people dog on this game, I loved the hell out of it, enough to get all the Medals (and thus achievements) and I plan to get the Very Hard DLC once I'm able to stream my gameplay. I encourage you to give it a legitimate chance, a lot of people quit after a few levels (or less!) but after you get acquainted with its, uh, "age" then you might like it too.

Then again, I'm a complete sucker for Sonic so I'm shamelessly biased
I am also a sucker for Sonic, but i genuinely do love this game. One of my favs. All the glitches and bugs people complain about i seem to have avoided. Maybe it's just people are simply not very good at the game so they are looking for a reason to hate the game. Just because it's not easy like the old Sonic games it doesn't make it rubbish.
ScottHarris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 10:55 AM   #8
Sam0182

Sam0182's Gamercard
I enjoyed it. im on about getting it again to get the 1000g. guessing no one else would do the same haha
Sam0182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 09:26 PM   #9
DarkAdonis

Sinoda Krad's Gamercard
I don't mind the game the controls take a lot to get use to but the loading after every little thing is making not play it that much.
DarkAdonis is offline   Reply With Quote