PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Mass Effect 3
Subscribe    Donate

View Poll Results: How do you feel about the ending?
I love it. 44 9.48%
I like it as-is. 58 12.50%
I like the indoctrination theory. 56 12.07%
I like it, but the lack of closure bothers me. 99 21.34%
I dislike it, but I may like it with some elaboration and clarification. 62 13.36%
I dislike it, and hope they make a new ending. 35 7.54%
I dislike it, and believe the indoctrination theory. 42 9.05%
I hate it. 68 14.66%
Voters: 464. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-18-2012, 12:37 AM   #1
The Pants Party
You're Not Invited

Za Pantsupati's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Diamond   Staff - Super Moderator   Micro Guide - Platinum   15,000 Posts   Staff Club - Never Final   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Shiftie   Staff Club - The Pants Party   Staff Club - AOS Puck   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Gold   Referrals - Gold
Total Awards: 20 (more» ...)
Ending Discussion Thread - All other threads will be deleted!

I am completely sick of threads on the ending of this game. Discuss it here. Only. Or die.

I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
The Pants Party is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 01:10 AM   #2
I mak3 big boom

Pound My Rumpus's Gamercard
Did you delete the ones that were already made or just close them...or neither?

Anyway I think the ending is alright besides the magical space child, the fact that the normandy is near a mass relay at the end, and the fact it doesn't really tell me what happens afterwards.
Latest 100%: Bioshock Infinite
"It is an undeniable and may I say fundamental quality of man that when faced with extinction..."
"Every alternative is preferable"
I mak3 big boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 01:15 AM   #3
jedijaxpavan

ZOMBIFIED glory's Gamercard
Talking

I thought it was confusing at first. I went back and thought about the key elements of the other games. The "overpowering your own indoctrination" thing makes sense.
I say everyone has their own opinion and that's what it is. I destroyed the reapers and was still alive.
I don't know what to make of the old man and boy though.

I think the boy was the reapers trying to get a leg up on Shepard and turn her to the "dark side" so to speak.

Last edited by jedijaxpavan; 03-18-2012 at 01:19 AM.
jedijaxpavan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 02:20 AM   #4
TheLifeAfter

TheLifeAfter's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pants Party View Post
I am completely sick of threads on the ending of this game. Discuss it here. Only. Or die.
THANK YOU.
Christ.
Tired of wading through page after page trying to find something else.
TheLifeAfter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 02:24 AM   #5
adz5000

Send a message via MSN to adz5000

adz5000's Gamercard
This is a a very good idea.

My thoughts on the ending and what will be next are all below.

After watching this video

And this (more expansive) video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=Us4pkLy-PYk)

I can honestly see a DLC being released which begins after you are hit by Harbinger's beam and that everything from that point on in the real game was purely a dream.

An interesting Youtube comment.
"I've been making a list and so far I have over 25 reasons why the indoctrination theory is true. There's just way too much evidence for it not to be true. Bioware is too good at the writing process in order to make all these mistakes, it had to be intentional. They are planning something, and when it happens I think it'll be revolutionary." (A comment from YouTube)

I think he is spot on with what I have highlighted in bold.

IN CONCLUSION

I believe that everything which happened after the beam hit from Harbinger was a dream/hallucination and the scene where Shepard takes a breath (under CONCRETE rubble) is him waking up on earth after the dream in the same place as he was when Harbinger attacked the squad trying to enter the conduit.

I think that the true ending wil be revealed in "The Truth" DLC which has been hinted at in various threads across the web. It is also specualted that this will most likely be free to all players with an active Online Pass.

In my opinion this is the only theory which adds up, and as the guy who posted the youtube comment said, Bioware are too good at their writing (as shown in ME1&2) to produce so many plot holes at the climax of their epic trilogy.

EDIT: Link to thread related to "The Truth" DLC. (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...ighlight=truth)

EDIT2: Link to GameFront article about "The Truth" (http://www.gamefront.com/rumor-mass-...h-due-in-april)

Impatiently waiting for TITANFALL to ermmm.... fall?

Last edited by adz5000; 03-18-2012 at 02:44 AM.
adz5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 03:40 AM   #6
binkyspankums

binkyspankums's Gamercard
i just want to know what makes all these people so damn sure that bioware isn't planning some fantastic endgame dlc. Everyone is so quick to just completely discard Bioware now, but if they do release dlc with an ending that answers all the questions from previous mass effect games, then they will be praising them again. The turth is, no one knows what they are planning and no one knows what they are thinking, so just be patient. Until they announce something concrete about the ending I will hold fast my faith in Bioware.

Sig By Gackt

20,000G-Executioner(The Darkness 2) 4/11/2012

30,000G-Ship Shape(Dead Space 2:Severed) 7/25/2012

40,000G-Done That(Borderlands 2:Sir Hammerlock's Big Game Hunt) 1/23/2013
binkyspankums is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 03:47 AM   #7
Vindicator51

Vindicator51's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I would take the Truth with a pinch of salt untill there are concrete proof.

Anyways, here's what's happening on the inside currently.

http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/to...index/10084349
Old 03-18-2012, 08:00 AM   #8
MrStabby1981

MrStabby1981's Gamercard
Ive found a couple of more bits supporting indoctronation. James said a couple of times "Can you hear that hum?" A humming noise is one of the first signs of indoctronation.

Secondly somone pointed out the little kid can be seen going into a building just before a reaper blows it up. I havent confirmed this one yet.

Good video explaining

Last edited by MrStabby1981; 03-18-2012 at 08:03 AM.
MrStabby1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 08:01 AM   #9
swamptastic

swamptastic's Gamercard
Only problems with giving us the "real" ending through DLC are the people who don't have internet connections - which continues to increase with the worldwide recession - and the point in that recent Game Informer article about the people who might want to play this game in its entirety some time in the future. They will need not only the discs but a system with the ending downloaded. Still, I'm in the wait-and-see camp.
Old 03-18-2012, 10:25 AM   #10
FSK BigHurt

FSK BigHurt's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by binkyspankums View Post
i just want to know what makes all these people so damn sure that bioware isn't planning some fantastic endgame dlc. Everyone is so quick to just completely discard Bioware now, but if they do release dlc with an ending that answers all the questions from previous mass effect games, then they will be praising them again. The turth is, no one knows what they are planning and no one knows what they are thinking, so just be patient. Until they announce something concrete about the ending I will hold fast my faith in Bioware.
If they were such douches as they made a "real" ending out to be DLC, I hope they get a lot more grief that they have now. Because that's just plain wrong, as ME3 was supposed to be the last chapter, and if they intended more content, for Gods sake end with a "to be continued" or something! And not "Shepard is now a legend, please buy our crappy MP DLC, although ME is a SP game, derp".

BioWare is not off the hook just by releasing DLC, unless it's free DLC ofc, as I already paid 800NOK (approx $140) to get the N7 edition.

I could accept "ending DLC" if BioWare at least hinted to it in the end, but what we have now are people grasping at straws, over analyzing the hell out of the game, making it up to be something more than it ever was.

My blog:
Insert Coin
FSK BigHurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 11:41 AM   #11
DEG23
Wanderlusting

DEG23 x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - DEG23   Donator - Level 5   CABS Beta Tester   Staff - Moderator   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Staff Club - Rajeanero   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   Staff Club - TemporalWizard   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   Staff Club - Shinobi273
Total Awards: 23 (more» ...)
i just finished SP and i actually like the ending. To me it's a well constructed Sci Fi ending, that, rather than give you absolute closure, leaves you pondering, not only the trilogy but themes and ideas beyond. I completely understand why many aren't happy, and i would have liked to see some of the aftermath from different character's perspectives but from the beginning, i knew it wasn't going to be a "happy" ending and i'm still holding on hope from the very last scene that my Shepard is still alive.

As for the rumours of DLC endings, if true, i hope it simply fills in some of the plot holes rather than give an alternate ending.
DEG23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 04:41 PM   #12
xTGMx INF3RNO

xTGMx INF3RNO's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts
This should of been done from the start lol.

xTGMx INF3RNO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 04:44 PM   #13
Baihu1983

Baihu1983's Gamercard

The dark energy story was better so well done all those people that bitched when it was leaked because Bioware canned it and rushed this crap.

3rd November 2012 - Joined the 100K club

IF YOU SEND ME A FRIEND REQUEST OVER LIVE PLEASE ALSO SEND A MESSAGE SAYING WHY?

Raptar
Voice

Baihu1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 05:09 PM   #14
L3G1T H4MST3R

xMyLittlePonyZ's Gamercard
If the Indoctrination Theory is true then Mass Effect 3 could have one of the best endings ever but I highly doubt that Bioware were that deep in the story. Also what happened in the leaked ending, I never read what happened.
L3G1T H4MST3R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 05:29 PM   #15
Baihu1983

Baihu1983's Gamercard

I belive Destroy simply killed all reapers in the original ending

3rd November 2012 - Joined the 100K club

IF YOU SEND ME A FRIEND REQUEST OVER LIVE PLEASE ALSO SEND A MESSAGE SAYING WHY?

Raptar
Voice

Baihu1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 05:30 PM   #16
DarqStalker

DarqStalker's Gamercard
I think the ending(s) was/are just fine. Not quite sure what everyone wants or is expecting? Before the ending, did you listen to the child and his 3 choices? Those explain what the hell is going to happen. Destroy the reapers, control the reapers, synthesis organics with synthetics. Each choice goes with their own pros and cons too. I don't recall all the little details of each, and I do wish they would of gave a confirmation before picking what you wanted before you did it, along with a summary of what your choice was going to be.

And for those wondering about the Stargazer and the child at the end? I thought it was obvious. They are both many years (possibly 100s or 1000s of years) in the future and the Stargazer is retelling the story and legend of Shepperd to his grandchild.
DarqStalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 08:17 PM   #17
elmatto101

el matto 101's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by L3G1T H4MST3R View Post
If the Indoctrination Theory is true then Mass Effect 3 could have one of the best endings ever but I highly doubt that Bioware were that deep in the story. Also what happened in the leaked ending, I never read what happened.
Pulled this off another site;

Drew Karpyshyyn's original draft for ME3's ending which explained the motivations behind the Reapers. They were supposed to be a union of countless alien races with the first-generation Reapers having discovered in the distant past that Dark Energy (which was alluded to in ME2 during Tali's recruitment mission) was threatening the entire galaxy/universe, and so they preserved themselves in Reaper shells and tried to do the same to 'save' other sufficiently advanced races, while attempting to figure out a permanent solution for untold millions of years, although they were unable to find one up to the present.

When this original script got leaked, fan backlash was apparently so bad that they had to rewrite ME3's ending and so we ended up with this instead, and you know the rest.

IMO, slightly better than what we ended up with but still shite!
Old 03-19-2012, 07:06 AM   #18
ubermensch2007

DaftBeowulf's Gamercard
if the indoctrination theory is correct, and the Truth dlc is the REAL ending, that would be... masterful. I'm glad I saw this, because even though I disliked the ending as is, it just felt wrong, like it wasn't canon or something. alarms started going off in my head immediately when I noticed "oh look, the choice of destroying the Reapers like I had been aiming to do for the whole trilogy is outlined in red and is suggested to be the renegade ending, whereas trying to control them and letting them live like psycho/indoctrinated Martin Sheen had been wanting to do and killing myself in the process is blue and therefore paragon. wait, what?" but I didn't put the rest of it together, it just sat wrong with my subconscious.

on the one hand getting all their fans raging enough to send death threats and make the full canonical ending of my favorite gaming series ever only available through the marketplace is pretty douchey, but if that is what Bioware's doing then it'll be the biggest and most memorable twist ending in a game since "would you kindly". and that seems more in line with the style and caliber of Bioware's writing than the current ending, so for now I'll keep my fingers crossed and stop being pissed off.
ubermensch2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 07:20 AM   #19
DEG23
Wanderlusting

DEG23 x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - DEG23   Donator - Level 5   CABS Beta Tester   Staff - Moderator   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Staff Club - Rajeanero   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   Staff Club - TemporalWizard   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   Staff Club - Shinobi273
Total Awards: 23 (more» ...)
So after reading about the indoctrination theory and the fact that Bioware has written an amazing story up to this point, i am starting to think that the masses may be on to something. However i believe revealing the "true" ending in DLC is not right. I don't have a problem with DLC even if i had to pay, it is Mass Effect content after all, but i would rather play through the ending presented, then woken up back on earth and experienced the real ending in one go.
DEG23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 07:27 AM   #20
Theoretic Eagle

Theoretic Eagle's Gamercard
"We are aware that there are concerns about a recent post from this account regarding the ending of the game. In this post it was stated that at this time we do not have plans to change the ending.

We would like to clarify that we are actively and seriously taking all player feedback into consideration and have ruled nothing out. At this time we are still collecting and considering your feedback and have not made a decision regarding requests to change the ending.

Your feedback and opinions are of the utmost importance to us. We apologize for any confusion this has caused. Our top priority regarding this discussion is to keep communication with you, our loyal fans, open and productive."

This is from the Mass Effect face book page.
Old 03-19-2012, 07:37 AM   #21
ColdSpider72

ColdSpider72's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   Donator - Level 1   Over Achiever - Silver   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
I used to be stationed on an aircraft carrier. I was talking to a friend who is still there and asked him if he or his shipmates had played ME3 and/or seen the endings. This is the response he has seen from the majority who did:

Last edited by ColdSpider72; 03-19-2012 at 02:29 PM.
ColdSpider72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 09:57 PM   #22
Ethereal235

Send a message via AIM to Ethereal235

Zero132132's Gamercard
I don't buy the indoctrination hypothesis at all. Everything The Catalyst said made sense to me. People act like the possibility of resolving the Geth-Quarian conflict means that organics and synthetics don't have to destroy each other, but 50,000 years prior, according to Javik, there was a battle going on with synthetics before the Reapers came. If the Reapers hadn't come, the Geth-Quarian issue never would have come up. Organic life in the galaxy would have been doomed already. The Geth aren't going to be the only synthetics created, either, since there are billions of years left before the universe won't be able to sustain life.

Even if Shepard was indoctrinated, the stated motive still makes sense, and fits with the whole 'destruction is your salvation' claim that Harbinger would often make when possessing a collector. Destroying them is still a very shortsighted solution. I find it strange (and slightly disconcerting) that people think that obliterating your enemy and many of your allies is better than reconciling with them.

With the original ending, the dark energy ending... why did they leave and return every 50,000 years, and destroy all advanced civilization? Was that ever explained? The whole 'destruction is your salvation' bit would still fit, but I don't see why they would destroy all galactic civilization rather than just offering salvation to the those they deemed worthy.
Old 03-19-2012, 10:28 PM   #23
ColdSpider72

ColdSpider72's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   Donator - Level 1   Over Achiever - Silver   1,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethereal235 View Post
I don't buy the indoctrination hypothesis at all. Everything The Catalyst said made sense to me.......
You say you played the first game and yet you think what the Catalyst says makes sense?? If you payed attention to the conversations with Sovereign at all, then you would clearly see why everything the Catalyst says makes NO sense.

I am not going to repeat the entire dialogue here, you will just have to Youtube it if you want to see what I am talking about. Watch that and the Catalyst dialogue back to back and tell us again how it makes sense.
Old 03-20-2012, 03:46 AM   #24
Ethereal235

Send a message via AIM to Ethereal235

Zero132132's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun72 View Post
You say you played the first game and yet you think what the Catalyst says makes sense?? If you payed attention to the conversations with Sovereign at all, then you would clearly see why everything the Catalyst says makes NO sense.

I am not going to repeat the entire dialogue here, you will just have to Youtube it if you want to see what I am talking about. Watch that and the Catalyst dialogue back to back and tell us again how it makes sense.
He talks about imposing order on the evolution of organic life, gives the "each a nation" line, but Sovereign gives no reason for what they do. He even says that they weren't created, that they've always existed. This statement is impossible, so he's either lying, or Sovereign doesn't have a full grasp on the nature of its own existence. Either way, it has no reason to give Shepard information on what its true motives are.

Seriously, you don't have to post the whole conversation, but I've gone through that conversation multiple times, and I don't know specifically what you regard as contradicting what the Catalyst says. I'm not psychic, so I don't know what it is you're thinking about. I can't argue with points you don't bother making.

Consider the timing of Sovereign's attempt to bring back the other Reapers; Virgil suggested that it may have taken hundreds of years to work out a means to get around the Prothean's interference. The Geth may have served as the sign that the Reaper invasion should begin. Similarly, Javik talks about something called the 'Metacon War' or some shit, between organics and synthetics, and this war was also interrupted by the Reapers. If their true purpose was to stop synthetic life from destroying organic life, that's when they would choose to invade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eticketjedi View Post
Most importantly, how severely screwed is every civilization now? Most of the planets sent a massive portion of their fleet/troops to Earth with no way back now. The Krogan are going to have a rough time evolving without their leader. Never mind the millions that died on the Citadel if it blows up.
In every ending but the destruction ending, the Reapers and their knowledge are still around in some form. They created the mass relays once, so it's unlikely that they wouldn't know how to build more. Since they're already in damned near every part of the galaxy, I think they could set another mass relay network up.

As for the citadel, I'm 100% sure that everyone on there was dead long before Shepard arrived. You don't encounter any enemies, but right when you teleport in, there's a notable presence of death, mainly in the form of a pile of corpses right where you show up. Pretty sure everyone inside was already kinda slaughtered, which is pretty damned sad when you consider how many people that is.
Old 03-20-2012, 04:12 AM   #25
Eticketjedi

EticketJedi's Gamercard
Quote:
In every ending but the destruction ending, the Reapers and their knowledge are still around in some form. They created the mass relays once, so it's unlikely that they wouldn't know how to build more. Since they're already in damned near every part of the galaxy, I think they could set another mass relay network up.
While that may be true. 1) It would take hundreds of years most likely 2) like the article linked above points out, destroying a relay creates an explosion akin to a supernova. So, there aren't too many hospitable systems left anyway. lol

Quote:
As for the citadel, I'm 100% sure that everyone on there was dead long before Shepard arrived. You don't encounter any enemies, but right when you teleport in, there's a notable presence of death, mainly in the form of a pile of corpses right where you show up. Pretty sure everyone inside was already kinda slaughtered, which is pretty damned sad when you consider how many people that is.

They made it pretty clear the bodies were from the humans warped up in the beam. Anderson or Coats said they had been sending people up for a long time. I'm not saying that everyone wasn't dead though. It's hard to say since you were just in inaccessible areas the whole time.
Eticketjedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 08:03 AM   #26
ColdSpider72

ColdSpider72's Gamercard

Quote:
He talks about imposing order on the evolution of organic life, gives the "each a nation" line, but Sovereign gives no reason for what they do. He even says that they weren't created, that they've always existed. This statement is impossible, so he's either lying, or Sovereign doesn't have a full grasp on the nature of its own existence. Either way, it has no reason to give Shepard information on what its true motives are.

Seriously, you don't have to post the whole conversation, but I've gone through that conversation multiple times, and I don't know specifically what you regard as contradicting what the Catalyst says. I'm not psychic, so I don't know what it is you're thinking about. I can't argue with points you don't bother making

That was the point I was trying to make. Everything the Catalyst says contradicts everything Sovereign says. Why would Sovereign lie just for us to not find out until two games later? Do you really think Bioware was thinking that far ahead?? If so, you give them too much credit.

They were going to go with the dark space theme and changed course during the later stages of development. That is clearly why there are so many plot inconsistencies and why the ending is so out of place with everything else that led up to it. They simply didn't put in the time to go back and make all of their new ideas gel with the old ones. That is where they messed up.

As far as the bodies in the Citadel are concerned......did you not notice that they all had doll-like faces? If you have a save during the end, go back through that part again and take a close look at those 'bodies'.

I am not saying I think that we were indoctrinated or not, because I don't know for sure (and I think that also gives Bioware too much credit, given all of the other inconsistencies) but there is definitely something very odd and out of place with a lot of stuff in the ending.....whether it is lazy, incoherent writing and/or programming or they actually have something up their sleeve. One thing is for sure, though.....dead bodies aren't supposed to look like mannequins.
Old 03-30-2012, 12:12 PM   #27
bxbomber

hpenaranda's Gamercard
I think it is obvious we didn't get the ending we wanted, because the story is not finished.

Just look at how Anderson ended up at the Control Room, yet there was no other way to get there except by going by the way Shepard went. And Illusive Man appearing out of nowhere, all an illusion.

H
1100's: BioShock
1030's: Mass Effect 2
1000's: Fight Night Round 3; King Kong; MLB 2K6; Madden '06; NBA 2K6; Call of Duty 2; TMNT; NBA 2K7; Assassin's Creed; Eragon; Cabela's African Safari; Gun; Resident Evil 5; Assassin's Creed 2; Call of Duty 4; Disney's Bolt; Dark Void; Prince of Persia; Velvet Assassin; Golden Compass
970's: Condemned
200's:
0's: Quake 2

Last edited by bxbomber; 03-30-2012 at 12:44 PM.
bxbomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 08:13 AM   #28
Burnout x360a

M1KE 08's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   5,000 Posts
I finished up the game yesterday (long time I know ) and I did get suckered into choosing synthesis out of curiosity even though destruction was the choice I ultimately settled on simply because, well, screw the Reapers.

It was a tough decision though, choosing one of the three crucible options in the first place, regardless of how they play out.

Overall, the ending isn't awful but I can also see why people are confused/mad.

^ By Xerofox, thanks!
Twitter lSteam

Burnout x360a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 09:37 AM   #29
Stormy2k

Stormy2k's Gamercard
I liked the ending. I destroyed the Reapers and took a gasp of air after suviving.

I'm on twitter @Stormy2k - Talking Games/Movies/Wrestling.
Stormy2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 10:18 PM   #30
edgecrusherhalo

edgecrusher02's Gamercard
heres the way i see this whole thing. regardless of whether or not you like the ending, bioware giving in and changing the ending is about the worst thing that could happen. it will set a terrible precedent. no one has the right to jump in and dictate how SOMEONE ELSES story plays out. thats why its called art. this is how all movies and video games are. the day we do that is the day these stories lose their point and their value. when it comes to paying for something in this type of entertainment medium you are paying to see how SOMEONE ELSES story plays out. you payed, you saw it, case closed. there really isnt much else to say. insisting someone else change their artistic vision because you dont like it is one of THE MOST self righteous, self centered things i think i have ever heard.

now regarding the actual ending. it does make sense. it may not have been elaborated on all that well, that i do agree with. but this point and click generation has grown to have the attention span of a gnat. if they have to think about something for more than .3 seconds they lose interest or call it lame. i am aware that i am generalzing here and this does not include everyone, but from what i have seen id say that it includes more than half. id like to think that people that invested themselves in this story and find it and its characters fascinating are better and smarter than that. it took me a little while of thinking about it, but i promise you it does make sense. aside from the squad member you took with you for the last mission being on the ship in the final cutscene, i have no idea what thats all about. that was probably a mistake because they were rushing or something. but that has nothing to do with the actual ending regarding the reapers and shepards choice.

overall, i am more likely to lose faith in bioware if they give in and change it. to me that shows that in the long run they are more about appeasing the masses and making money then anything else.

Last edited by edgecrusherhalo; 03-21-2012 at 11:03 PM.
edgecrusherhalo is offline   Reply With Quote