PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Warriors Orochi 3
Subscribe    Donate

Old 03-31-2012, 04:24 AM   #1
L KIRA HAYABUSA

L KIRA HAYABUSA's Gamercard
Is there anyway to turn on English voices?

I don't know why, the game just seems unappealing to me with Japanese voices. Maybe because I'm used to Dynasty Warriors 7's wonderful english voices xD That and I don't want to read through the whole game. And if not, will there be DLC for it hopefully?
L KIRA HAYABUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 08:19 AM   #2
Mikeyspinkick

Spinkick 9000's Gamercard
That's a negative. This game was shipped to North America as a sub-only game. While only hearing Japanese voices can get old, this is STILL the Warriors Orochi game everyone has been waiting on.

Maybe down the line, they will do a download for English, like they do with some games to allow the Japanese voices to be added.

Mikeyspinkick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 08:43 PM   #3
Valiantheart

valiant heart's Gamercard
The fact that there is no english voices is really dissapointing, and actually creates a big problem for me while playing the game.

When running around killing countless enemies I tend to zone in on the mindless slaughter and it can get hard to concentrate on any text that pops up during my killing spree so I miss a lot of the story dialouge that happens during battle.

Also this tends to make playing 2P split screen very hard to do, particularly for the 2nd player. Instead of the dialouge popping up exactly in the middle of the screen it tends to cover half of 2Ps screen.

I WILL PUKE BLOOD INTO YOUR SOUL!
Valiantheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 10:08 PM   #4
L KIRA HAYABUSA

But I don't think they could release English voices for DLC could they? I mean, with Japanese voices, it'd just be data that'd already be on the disc, since the original discs has Japanese voices, right?
Old 04-01-2012, 11:08 AM   #5
Valiantheart

It's a possibility that they COULD release english language DLC.

With Dynasty Warriors 7 the game came out in english in the US but Koei added a DLC to give it Jp voice overs.

What happens from here is all up to Koei, and I do hope they eventually release some english voice over DLC.

I'm not going to hold my breath though because Koei has dissapointed me several times in the last couple years.

Old 04-08-2012, 04:16 PM   #6
Ruq

Send a message via MSN to Ruq

Ruqulas's Gamercard
So I just got this game yesterday, been out of the gaming loop and didn't really know about it till over the weekend.

I'm visually impaired and when it comes to videogames I'm more competent than you'd think. It takes a lot of work sometimes, dealing with UI placement and lighting effects and some things like that, but when I realized this game was in only Japanese I got kind of disappointed. It means I have to work even harder to not only figure out what my objectives are in-battle, but it also means I have to work harder to learn the story through in-battle dialogue as well.

Worse, there's no transcript. If I miss something, I have to play the level again. Or I might be wondering around for an extra ten minutes because I missed an objective notice, simply because I couldn't catch the dialogue context surrounding it.

I've loved these games, especially the Orochi series. I wrote the guide on Samurai Warriors 2 and XL, and completed the frustration that was Warriors Orochi 2. I've even looked into the Romance of the Three Kingdoms, from which this franchise is based.

I sincerely hope that their choice for not including an English dub was not out of laziness or to skip out on the cost of voice actors. At this point I'm not truly upset. I'm still able to play the game, albeit that it takes more effort, and I still enjoy it. But I would be angry and upset if their reasons for changing the experience for the people, like me, who have a much more difficult time playing the game without dub were among the selfish ones.

Prefer PMs to XBL Messages, thanks.
Ruq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 06:50 PM   #7
Strid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valiantheart View Post
The fact that there is no english voices is really dissapointing, and actually creates a big problem for me while playing the game.
You follow the green ping, seriously... how hard is that? If that wasn't simple enough, you just pause the game and select Army Info, big box in the right hand corner, there's your sign. If that's not enough, hit the Battle Log up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruq View Post
Worse, there's no transcript. If I miss something, I have to play the level again. Or I might be wondering around for an extra ten minutes because I missed an objective notice, simply because I couldn't catch the dialogue context surrounding it.
There is a transcript. Hit pause and look on the left for Battle Log.

Seriously, how the hell could you guys miss this sort of stuff? Do you gamers now-a-days no longer open up option menus to see what you can change, or hit buttons/menus just to see what they do?

You guys should count your lucky stars you even got the game with English menus and text. It was originally going the way of Orochi Z and Samurai Warriors 3Z, Special, and Empires and any other non anime non DW7 related Musou game lately, the atrocious chronicles aside.

Last edited by Strid; 04-08-2012 at 07:11 PM.
Strid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 07:40 PM   #8
Valiantheart

@Strid

Your pretty ignorant. Troll much lately?

Following the green ping is easy enough but what if I want to know whats actually going on in battle?

And I know exactly what Ruq is talking about, which you obviously don't. There is a battle log but NOT a transcript of dialouge that takes place during the battle. If Cao Pi told you "We are #&*(&47 890894j hsuj^%7." What was that he just said? Oh too bad you didn't catch what he just said and you can't find out without playing the battle all over again because the battle log doesn't have a transcript of what he said. Gosh darnit. Maybe if there was some english voices you would have known what he said.

Old 04-09-2012, 12:12 AM   #9
L KIRA HAYABUSA

I HATE how there isn't a dialogue transcript. I'll miss something because I'm too busy not trying to get killed and I have to replay the level later to see what the hell I missed.
Old 04-09-2012, 04:25 AM   #10
Strid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valiantheart View Post
@Strid

Your pretty ignorant. Troll much lately?
That's rich coming from someone who has problems pressing buttons and reading at the same time.

Quote:
And I know exactly what Ruq is talking about, which you obviously don't. There is a battle log but NOT a transcript of dialouge that takes place during the battle. If Cao Pi told you "We are #&*(&47 890894j hsuj^%7." What was that he just said? Oh too bad you didn't catch what he just said and you can't find out without playing the battle all over again because the battle log doesn't have a transcript of what he said. Gosh darnit. Maybe if there was some english voices you would have known what he said.
Apparently your comprhension is off too, re-read his post. "Or I might be wondering around for an extra ten minutes because I missed an objective notice, simply because I couldn't catch the dialogue context surrounding it" sticks out a bit Also, I don't need English voices (wouldn't use them if it had it and wouldn't buy the English version if English only since they're awful), I can handle the game the way it is. Having had to buy Orochi Z, Samurai Warriors 3Z/Empires/Special all in Japanese, I'm fine with them just sending this one over with English menus and saving me the extra $30 on an import.

If you really do play these games for their stories and actually care what happens, well, I wont touch that with a ten foot pole.
Strid is offline   Reply With Quote