Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Mafia 2
Subscribe    Donate

Old 08-24-2007, 08:52 AM   #1
Krazie

Send a message via AIM to Krazie

Krazie x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase x360a Representer   Referrals - Silver   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   5,000 Posts   Gamerscore League Season 4 Winner   Bright Idea   Gears of War Tournament Final Four   Word of Mouth   Poker Tournament 2nd Place   Football Manager 2006 Tournament Runner-Up   Submit - Gold
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)
Achievement Discussion

Discuss the achievements, when they are revealed, in this thread!
Krazie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 07:18 PM   #2
lboog_081284

For the Wake Up Call Achievement, I won't say what it is to avoid possible spoilers for the story since it is a story-related achievement and can be missed, I'm just going to say what I did and I need clarification before progressing the story. I don't want to advance too far only to have to start the level over again.

But I chose to hide inside of a closet and there was a cutscene after that. Then after that cutscene I drove to the train station and continued on with the story. I just need clarification if anyone did this and got the Wake Up Call Achievement?
lboog_081284 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 05:16 AM   #3
perfecktev7

PERFECTKEV7's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by lboog_081284 View Post
For the Wake Up Call Achievement, I won't say what it is to avoid possible spoilers for the story since it is a story-related achievement and can be missed, I'm just going to say what I did and I need clarification before progressing the story. I don't want to advance too far only to have to start the level over again.

But I chose to hide inside of a closet and there was a cutscene after that. Then after that cutscene I drove to the train station and continued on with the story. I just need clarification if anyone did this and got the Wake Up Call Achievement?
None of the 2nd floor hiding spots worked for me. I watched from the 2nd floor until he came up the stairs and entered one of the far rooms. Once he is out of sight, I sneaked downstairs and worked my way around the first floor until finding a door leading to the back of the house/garage area. Jump in a car and bust through the gate, achievement pop.
perfecktev7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 07:53 PM   #4
Daniel55645

Send a message via Yahoo to Daniel55645

daniel55645's Gamercard
how do you get the achievment for not setting off alarms getting the rations. do you have to choke hold everyone first?
Daniel55645 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 08:11 PM   #5
lboog_081284

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel55645 View Post
how do you get the achievment for not setting off alarms getting the rations. do you have to choke hold everyone first?
You have to go down the lower levels, like where the furnace is, and switch off the alarms.
lboog_081284 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 03:46 AM   #6
Bantri

Bantri's Gamercard
How do you get the End of the Rainbow achievement?
Bantri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 05:18 AM   #7
perfecktev7

PERFECTKEV7's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bantri View Post
Should be story related.
perfecktev7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 08:10 PM   #8
Captain Baseball Bat Boy

Kamakaze800's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bantri View Post
All you have to do is catch the Irish guy who who tries to leave the bar in the level where Vito and Joe get revenge on the Irish. You can either catch him or loose him.

**sorry for being a little discreet but i'm trying not to reveal any spoilers**
Captain Baseball Bat Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 09:08 PM   #9
Bantri

Bantri's Gamercard
ahhhh, okay. Yeah, I kind of didn't get that one because I didn't think I'd need to drive after anyone, so I had a truck as my vehicle... and on top of that, 2 of my tires were blown out. so I couldn't really catch him :P I tried hijacking a car too from restarting the last save point, but it took too long. So after I lost him, it said just to go to my house, so this can be missable. Thanks CBBB

Last edited by Bantri; 08-26-2010 at 09:11 PM.
Bantri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 08:22 PM   #10
Leigrez

Leigrez's Gamercard
As for the Hard to Kill achievement... does this need to be done with a four star wanted level? Or can you be wanted and just wait 10 min? I don't exactly understand how it works... oh and if it is a four star wanted level... does the blue meter need to be full or well filled the entire 10 min. Only thing I have left to do so I would like my 1000 points.
Leigrez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 09:56 PM   #11
Barad

Location: Bristol, England Occupation: Undergraduate Status: Doing a raid
Send a message via Skype™ to Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase The Mighty Duck Face   Achievement Guide - Emerald   The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Community Gaming - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester
Total Awards: 24 (more» ...)
Easy as pie I can easily say :P

Barad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 08:25 PM   #12
uglybean

Hi!

I finished Mafia2 on the medium level. Now ... to get "Tough Nut" achievement I must play new game or I can just load every chapter and play it on hard level ?
uglybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 09:29 PM   #13
mister ost

mister ost's Gamercard
about the posters, ive got like 110 of them and im sick of it;>
i havent completed chapter15 yet, if i do, and start over or replay the chapters, can i still just collect the last 40 posters? or do i start of at 0 again?
thanks.
mister ost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 10:30 PM   #14
Sn1gaaaZ

Citizen Snickey's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by uglybean View Post
Hi!

I finished Mafia2 on the medium level. Now ... to get "Tough Nut" achievement I must play new game or I can just load every chapter and play it on hard level ?
It makes the most sense when you chose new game on hard and play from the start to the end, after each chapter the next chapter comes automatically, but you can replay for example all missions randomly till every chapter is marked as done on hard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mister ost View Post
about the posters, ive got like 110 of them and im sick of it;>
i havent completed chapter15 yet, if i do, and start over or replay the chapters, can i still just collect the last 40 posters? or do i start of at 0 again?
thanks.
everything what you have collected is saved, it makes no difference if you die or go to/chose a new chapter.
Sn1gaaaZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 08:29 PM   #15
Kevin Craze

Kevin CrAzE5285's Gamercard
Hard to Kill Achievement not unlocking.

I stole a big truck, not an armored truck, had the cops chase me a bit, and I found a little alley and I parked the truck. They didn't shoot at first, and I eventually got out and shot at them to get them to. I went back in the truck and 11 (but more then that really went by) minutes elapsed and no achievement. I thought if I escape them, it would unlock but nothing. What did I do wrong?

Last edited by Kevin Craze; 09-07-2010 at 08:51 PM. Reason: EDIT: I learned it has to be on 4 stars. I was doing it on 3.
Kevin Craze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 08:44 PM   #16
Cortex369
Banned User

Duppy x Mobster's Gamercard
Wanted Poster

For those wanted posters can I just start a chapter and search for the without doing a certain mission or is there certain mission that have a certain wanted poster.
Cortex369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 01:21 AM   #17
Sn1gaaaZ

Citizen Snickey's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cortex369 View Post
For those wanted posters can I just start a chapter and search for the without doing a certain mission or is there certain mission that have a certain wanted poster.
There are no certain posters for a specific chapter, they are like the pigeons from GTA IV. You are always in a mission in Mafia II but you can ignore them and search your wanted posters.
Sn1gaaaZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 04:33 PM   #18
mulle87

Mulle87's Gamercard
Witch cars can be sold for export and where do I find them?
mulle87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 07:33 PM   #19
Cortex369
Banned User

Duppy x Mobster's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sn1gaaaZ View Post
There are no certain posters for a specific chapter, they are like the pigeons from GTA IV. You are always in a mission in Mafia II but you can ignore them and search your wanted posters.
Thanks for the info
Cortex369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 09:42 PM   #20
Wraithdagger

Wraithdagger12's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Craze View Post
I stole a big truck, not an armored truck, had the cops chase me a bit, and I found a little alley and I parked the truck. They didn't shoot at first, and I eventually got out and shot at them to get them to. I went back in the truck and 11 (but more then that really went by) minutes elapsed and no achievement. I thought if I escape them, it would unlock but nothing. What did I do wrong?
You need to be on Wanted Level 4. The icon above the radar will be of a tommy and it'll show 4 stars. Over the police radio they'll "authorize the use of automatic weapons" or something like that.
Wraithdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 12:15 AM   #21
Stormnn0rm

Stormnn0rm's Gamercard
I am not sure if it is supposed to go like this, but I got the 10-minute survival one pretty easily. I shot people and stuff until I got 4 stars, then I killed the cops until there was just one left and I just hid behind some cover and every so often I would pop out from behind my cover so he would see me again and the wanted meter would not deplete (it does not need to be full 100% of the time, it can be in that declining stage and still count) and as long as I did not kill him he never called for backup so it was just me and that one cop for almost all of the 10 minutes
Stormnn0rm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 09:46 AM   #22
live0819

Can you get the 'tough nut' achievement with playing the chapters seperatly on hard? because at the end of chapter 14, the game keeps loading...
live0819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 01:24 PM   #23
Simsy91

Simsy91's Gamercard

any1 know how 2 kill derrick wivout his ridiculous molotovs killin u first
Simsy91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 02:39 PM   #24
CannedGroundhog

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
i saw this on another post and it works! take a car to the docks and park it in front of the stairs leading to derek's office. after you kill everyone outside, don't go into the over head door. instead, get in your car and drive off the pier at the south end. you will respawn on the pier. run back to derek's office. the over head door will be closed, but now you can get into his office. there is more cover and the molotovs won't be an issue.
CannedGroundhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 09:44 AM   #25
fapipa

HELP !!! !!! !!!
I'm fell into the void (which is not a problem, restores), BUT ! ,
gave the two ACH.- Pedal to....+ Get rich.....
(I'll do it anyway, but how do I know that : I'm reached the 20 meters?)
- Is it possible to delete ACH.'s somehow?
- How do I see that I reach the 20m ?
- And the Play Boy Babes disappeared ! Now always 2 guys on the mag.'s ?
Do I made som. wrong ?
..... tip, if any. (Thanks)
fapipa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 11:17 PM   #26
TechnoAllah

AgentYevon's Gamercard
That mission was a pain in the ass. Here's what I did though.

After you finally fight your way into the warehouse, kill as many of the guys that will try to rush you on the ground as you can, WHILE sticking and moving from cover spot to cover spot. The second he chucks a moltov, move. Especially if you're on hard since you can't take as much damage and your life doesn't regenerate as quickly.

When you've the brunt of those guys that will rush you on the ground killed off, then you can run up the stairs on the left and hide out in his office. I beat the game twice and the two times I ran up there, He stopped chucking flamebombs at me and retreated all the way to the far right and tried to shoot me through the glass.

Snipe him with a rifle, and be done with it.

Another strategy that I used that helped (But I got killed a few times with it) was to run under where Derrick and his goons are standing. You'll be under him and out of his sight so he can't chuck flamebombs, however the minute you peek out he tosses one with suprising accuracy so be prepared to run. I used to run out and shoot upwards at him a few times but I never got to kill him from under there, it only gave be a bit of a breather.

Hope that helps, if you haven't already beaten it that is...seeing as to how your post is two years old. :S
Hope this helps anyone else!
TechnoAllah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 01:38 PM   #27
SneakyofSneaks

Sneakyofsneaks's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by live0819 View Post
Can you get the 'tough nut' achievement with playing the chapters separately on hard? because at the end of chapter 14, the game keeps loading...
Yes you can, but some people say that it doesn't unlock until you start a new game and play 1st level again.

Quote:
anyone know how to kill derrick without his ridiculous molotovs killing you first
Yeah when you kill all the people outside, drive a car into the water this will close the main door and open the outside door to the office upstairs, go in that way and use the wall under window at end for cover (you take a few hits but should not die)
SneakyofSneaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 07:08 PM   #28
azurebAt

azurebAt's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by SneakyofSneaks View Post
Yes you can, but some people say that it doesn't unlock until you start a new game and play 1st level again.

Yeah when you kill all the people outside, drive a car into the water this will close the main door and open the outside door to the office upstairs, go in that way and use the wall under window at end for cover (you take a few hits but should not die)
That's friggen cool
azurebAt is offline   Reply With Quote