Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Halo 3
Subscribe    Donate

Old 08-25-2007, 01:16 PM   #1
The Pants Party
You're Not Invited

Za Pantsupati's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Diamond   Staff - Super Moderator   Micro Guide - Platinum   15,000 Posts   Staff Club - Never Final   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Shiftie   Staff Club - The Pants Party   Staff Club - AOS Puck   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Gold   Referrals - Gold
Total Awards: 20 (more» ...)
Meta-Games: Tips, Discussion and Help Thread

Thanks to Xyjar for the screencaps. This info can be found on Bungie's website also.

Check this link for some good tips from Bungie about the meta-game scoring. They recommend Heroic difficulty with at least one skull turned on, two will help even more.

I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Last edited by The Pants Party; 09-26-2007 at 01:42 PM.
The Pants Party is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 12:56 AM   #2
ac2565
Banned User

Awards Showcase x360a Book Club   Achievement Guide - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Submit - Silver
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Points are earned based on the time it took you to finish the level. You also get points for stylish kills such as heashots. Dieing gives you negative points while killing other teammates in coop also gives you negative points. Finding skulls also gives you points.
ac2565 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 06:54 PM   #3
crazyhunterkillr

killerAKAL77's Gamercard
correction

Quote:
Originally Posted by ac2565 View Post
Points are earned based on the time it took you to finish the level. You also get points for stylish kills such as heashots. Dieing gives you negative points while killing other teammates in coop also gives you negative points. Finding skulls also gives you points.
actually, points are earned by activating skulls, not finding them
crazyhunterkillr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 12:58 AM   #4
antnie

FTF GNASHER's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Road Map - Bronze   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
I found that playing with normal difficulty and 4 skulls on makes getting points real easy.
antnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 04:34 AM   #5
Agusta1

Agusta1's Gamercard
its easier if you do it by yourself on easy with all skulls but iron turned on.

Check Out my Shitty Videos On Youtube!
http://www.youtube.com/user/44Yuri44...4?feature=mhum
Agusta1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 02:01 PM   #6
JLogan27

JLogan27's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agusta1 View Post
Really!? There are a couple of levels that still give me fits. I thought going the easy route wouldn't give you anything for points. I'll give it a try.
Old 10-01-2008, 03:12 PM   #7
CSARdiver

CSARdiver's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
The only level that gave me trouble was Cortana, but largely because I keep getting lost in that level. Personally I think the Normal diff. + 3-4 skulls does the trick, but whatever works for you.
Old 10-02-2008, 06:21 AM   #8
Agusta1

Agusta1's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLogan27 View Post
Really!? There are a couple of levels that still give me fits. I thought going the easy route wouldn't give you anything for points. I'll give it a try.
yeah, its how i got mine. Catch skull is a free multiplyer on flood levels. the flood dont throw grenades

Check Out my Shitty Videos On Youtube!
http://www.youtube.com/user/44Yuri44...4?feature=mhum
Agusta1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 06:11 PM   #9
Joris93

Joris93's Gamercard
Yeah I also did all my Meta game achievements on Normal, mostly with

- Fog
- Catch
- Famine
- Tough Luck
- (Tilt)
- (Grunt's Birthday Party )

I don't think trying to get the points on easy makes sense, it actually has a 0.25x Multiplier... And the levels aren't too hard on normal anyway.
Joris93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 04:39 PM   #10
HellsDemon

Send a message via MSN to HellsDemon

xHxDx's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agusta1 View Post
You could play with someone else, 1 person just stands back well the person going for the achievement gets all the kills, that way if he dies he just respawns and does not have to load the last save.

Makes things quicker.
HellsDemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 02:18 AM   #11
JigSaw

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Ive looked everywhere for the answer, where exactly do you start a "meta-game" and is it co-op or single player?
JigSaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 02:40 AM   #12
Gun-Nut

darksynopsis's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JigSaw View Post
Ive looked everywhere for the answer, where exactly do you start a "meta-game" and is it co-op or single player?
When your in the lobby when it loads the map before starting hit X
Gun-Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 06:29 AM   #13
Krueger

Send a message via AIM to Krueger Send a message via MSN to Krueger Send a message via Yahoo to Krueger

Krueger x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase x360a Representer   Call of Duty 4 Tournament - Third Place   Submit - Gold   Gamerscore League Season 5 Winner   1,000 Posts   Word of Mouth   Gamer Score League First Place, Season 3
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
could someone make a list about what is the best thing to do for each level im struggling a lot and would like some help please
Old 09-29-2007, 07:39 AM   #14
The Pants Party
You're Not Invited

Za Pantsupati's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Diamond   Staff - Super Moderator   Micro Guide - Platinum   15,000 Posts   Staff Club - Never Final   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Shiftie   Staff Club - The Pants Party   Staff Club - AOS Puck   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Gold   Referrals - Gold
Total Awards: 20 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krueger View Post
could someone make a list about what is the best thing to do for each level im struggling a lot and would like some help please
As it says in the first post, play on Heroic and turn on some skulls.

I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
The Pants Party is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 08:55 AM   #15
aussie_warrior117

If people are having some trouble with Heroic difficulty (highly unlikely but it happens) try it on Normal using the Iron and Mythic skulls. Go careful because of the Iron skulls effects and if you complete it at a reasonable time, your bonus multiplier could be something like 12.5x.
aussie_warrior117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 10:59 PM   #16
Krueger

Send a message via AIM to Krueger Send a message via MSN to Krueger Send a message via Yahoo to Krueger

Krueger x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase x360a Representer   Call of Duty 4 Tournament - Third Place   Submit - Gold   Gamerscore League Season 5 Winner   1,000 Posts   Word of Mouth   Gamer Score League First Place, Season 3
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pants Party View Post
As it says in the first post, play on Heroic and turn on some skulls.
what skulls work the best on each level on some levels are certain skulls better?
Old 10-02-2007, 08:00 AM   #17
peezy04

Send a message via Yahoo to peezy04

hero unspoken's Gamercard
do the meta missons have to be done on ur own if so let me know please cuz i want to get thes muhfu**as done as soon as possible
peezy04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 08:29 PM   #18
Andrew14man

andrew14man's Gamercard
you should have what skulls to use and tips on each mission mr. pants party. That info on the first post, to me, is useless...

Click HERE to see all my 100% Completions.
Andrew14man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 08:49 PM   #19
PerfectAnt

PerfectAnt's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew14man View Post
you should have what skulls to use and tips on each mission mr. pants party. That info on the first post, to me, is useless...
Are you seriously giving this guy a hard time for taking time out of his day to help others? Everyone pays different and has different stregths and weaknesses. pants shouldn't have to try and guess for each one of us. there would be too many different variations of the skulls to go with. If you review the thread you'd see whats worked for everyone else varies. try one of theirs!

The info on the first post is useful in figuring out which ones you want to use.

Last edited by PerfectAnt; 10-03-2007 at 08:52 PM.
PerfectAnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 01:15 AM   #20
Andrew14man

andrew14man's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by PerfectAnt View Post
Are you seriously giving this guy a hard time for taking time out of his day to help others? Everyone pays different and has different stregths and weaknesses. pants shouldn't have to try and guess for each one of us. there would be too many different variations of the skulls to go with. If you review the thread you'd see whats worked for everyone else varies. try one of theirs!

The info on the first post is useful in figuring out which ones you want to use.
then give me SOME combinations...

Click HERE to see all my 100% Completions.
Andrew14man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 01:36 AM   #21
Ignorant Quarrel

Send a message via AIM to Ignorant Quarrel Send a message via MSN to Ignorant Quarrel

IgnorantQuarrel's Gamercard
Tough luck,Catch,Fog,Thundrstorm,Cowbell

You should easily get all the meta game achievements on normal with those 4.

If you can't, use heroic.
Ignorant Quarrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 12:02 PM   #22
Xterm1n8or

Xterm1n8or's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Bright Idea   1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1   Forza Tournament Winner
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
I have only used 2 skulls (famine and fog) on normal for the first four levels and it works easily. Just make sure you complete the level in less than 30 minutes (at least a 2x) and have more than 7500 points at the end and its in the bag. With these two on you hardly even notice a difference in the gameplay compared to when there are no skulls activated.

Just kill everyone you can and try to not let your men steal the kills worth a lot of points. Oh and use your melee attack a lot, it helps you through the level a lot quicker. Dont die. I got over 20,000 points on each of the first four levels with these skulls, not as much as other people i know, but comfortable, and good enough to get the achievements.

Last edited by Xterm1n8or; 10-04-2007 at 12:06 PM.
Xterm1n8or is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 01:18 PM   #23
PerfectAnt

PerfectAnt's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew14man View Post
then give me SOME combinations...
i have i've given what i used a few times. search through. don't be lazy.
Old 10-11-2007, 01:53 AM   #24
bengals fan04
Banned User

bengals fan04's Gamercard
I will be x360a's 10 to reach 1000 tommorow wit my bro (bengals fan04, brosif74)
bengals fan04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 02:00 AM   #25
Dstrukt

xI Dstrukt Ix's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by bengals fan04 View Post
I will be x360a's 10 to reach 1000 tommorow wit my bro (bengals fan04, brosif74)
Congrats on the impending 1000. Althrough, there are actually a lot of members that already have the full 1000 on the site but don't participate in the rankings. Me being one of them.

Dstrukt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 02:45 PM   #26
PerfectAnt

PerfectAnt's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dstrukt View Post
Congrats on the impending 1000. Althrough, there are actually a lot of members that already have the full 1000 on the site but don't participate in the rankings. Me being one of them.
yeah i noticed that, how do we other members get on thise lists. i've gotten 1k on several games before a bunch of those guys, but never see myself up there
Old 10-12-2007, 12:03 AM   #27
Shinobi273
Ninja Mod MKII

Shinobi273's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - AOS Puck   Staff Club - Shinobi273   5,000 Posts   Staff - Moderator   Submit - Silver   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PerfectAnt View Post
yeah i noticed that, how do we other members get on thise lists. i've gotten 1k on several games before a bunch of those guys, but never see myself up there
You would have to sign up on the leaderboards. Once your GT is on the list, the site should pull the scores off your GT when you play. You meet the requirement of 100 posts and 1 Month membership. (I think it is 1, it might be 2 but you have it regardless. Just sign up.
Shinobi273 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 01:11 PM   #28
THE KURGAN

Im stressed I started halo 3 last night on legendry why not on my own so on siera a friend ask to join so i stopped saved and quit and he joined but found it to hard so he dropped out putting me back in menu so i continued and got to tsavo and thought must be close to end of first lvl but now i find that tsavo is third lvl but I have no achievement for lvl 1 or 2 anybody any idea why this has happend and what i need to do i was thinking of starting again deleting save from hdd GT: SHADOW Tec appreciate all help
THE KURGAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 02:02 PM   #29
Meakio

Meakio's Gamercard
I want to play the meta games on normal by myself but i dont know how many/which skulls to put on
Retail 100% : Amped 3, Enchanted Arms, Stranglehold, Oblivion, Harry Potter OOTP, TMNT, Call Of Duty 2, Dynasty Warriors 5, Call Of Duty 4, At World's End, NHL 2K6, Cars: Mater-National, Bully, Avatar: TLA: TBE, Fuzion Frenzy 2, Lost Via Domus, Fallout 3, Fable 2
Meakio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 02:43 PM   #30
Meakio

Meakio's Gamercard
I just played a meta game by myself with 4 skulls on and got 12000 points in the game and after completing the level it said i had 13x multiplier and yet my final score was 24000. Shouldn't i have 156000 points????
Retail 100% : Amped 3, Enchanted Arms, Stranglehold, Oblivion, Harry Potter OOTP, TMNT, Call Of Duty 2, Dynasty Warriors 5, Call Of Duty 4, At World's End, NHL 2K6, Cars: Mater-National, Bully, Avatar: TLA: TBE, Fuzion Frenzy 2, Lost Via Domus, Fallout 3, Fable 2
Meakio is offline   Reply With Quote