Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Halo 3
Subscribe    Donate

Old 08-25-2007, 01:17 PM   #1
The Pants Party
You're Not Invited

Za Pantsupati's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Diamond   Staff - Super Moderator   Micro Guide - Platinum   15,000 Posts   Staff Club - Never Final   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Shiftie   Staff Club - The Pants Party   Staff Club - AOS Puck   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Gold   Referrals - Gold
Total Awards: 20 (more» ...)
FAQs - Look Here Before Asking Questions.

Will be opened and edited once the game is released. Make sure you look in this thread before you make a new post. Chances are, your question will already be answered in here. Thank you.

Q: Can you get multiplayer achievements in social/custom matches?

A: No, the achievement stipulates RANKED matches. Many also stipulate free-for-all games, so take note for each achievement to be sure you're in the right gametype.

Q: What are all the different multiplayer medals you can get?
A: Please see this thread.

Q: Where is xxx Skull?

Q: Where is xxx Terminal?

Q: How do you get the meta-game achievement for xxx level?

Q: How do you use the map editor? How do you make a custom game?
A: Please ask all questions in this thread.

Q: How do you unlock the armor variants for multiplayer?

Q: What are all the online ranks?
A: Please see this link.

Q: If I beat the game on Normal, can I select the last level on Legendary to get the achievement?
A: No, you must play the entire game.

Q: If I beat a few levels, then make a new game and start where I left off, will I get the "Completed Campaign" achievements?
A: Yes, you simply have to have completed every level on the same difficulty, even during different saves.

Q: Can you save a co-op game?
A: Yes. Have the host save and quit. Once everyone wants to start again, he will need to load the game and invite everyone back.

Q: I didn't get the achievement for xx level, what's the deal?

A: It appears levels must be done in one sitting for the achievement to register. Once you finish the campaign (you will still get this achievement), just go back and redo them on Normal for the level achievement.

Q: Can you do the levels out of order and get the "Campaign Complete" achievements?

A: Yes, they must all be on the same difficulty, and you must also do the cutscene "Arrival" as well. Check the bottom right corner as you highlight a level and it will show what difficulty it has been complete on.

Q: Is there a way to boost for online achievements?
A: Yes, sort of. You need to change your console's language to something random (people have been using whatever is second from the bottom on the list) and then have the game search for a game by language. At the main menu, count 3 down, this is "matchmaking" -- once in there, count 3 down again and select this, then select the first option which will switch your gametype to "lone wolves" -- highlight the "lone wolves" option again and hit "X" and then select the very bottom option, this will change your game search to "by language" -- back out and go to the bottom option to start a search.

Q: If I complete some levels on co-op and some solo will I get the "campaign complete" achievements?
A: Yes, so long as all the levels have the same difficulty shield in the bottom right when you highlight them. Just needs to be in one of the boxes, doesn't matter the combination.

I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Last edited by The Pants Party; 10-09-2007 at 12:00 AM.
The Pants Party is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 03:23 PM   #2
Adam Miller

Send a message via MSN to Adam Miller

Adam Miller's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Referrals - Bronze   2,500 Posts   x360a Book Club   Member of the Month   A+ Thread Award   Submit - Silver   Word of Mouth   NBA Live 1000 People Online Supporter
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
How do i unlock spartan suit parts for my player?
Adam Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 12:39 PM   #3
P1NSEEKER

Send a message via MSN to P1NSEEKER

p1nseek3r's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Donator - Level 5   SOTF Winner   NBA Live 1000 People Online Supporter   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Just what i was wondering.

What are the necesarry requirements to unlock specific helmets armour etc?
Old 09-25-2007, 04:28 PM   #4
Adam Miller

Adam Miller's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Referrals - Bronze   2,500 Posts   x360a Book Club   Member of the Month   A+ Thread Award   Submit - Silver   Word of Mouth   NBA Live 1000 People Online Supporter
I know theres one called ninja i think which someone posted and said he got it after beating legendary.

Maybe for getting all skulls and terminals, people will find out eventually.
Old 09-26-2007, 01:30 AM   #5
Vista

Chait the Great's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   A+ Thread Award   Word of Mouth   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
I have made a thread about this but havent unlocked any yet... any help would be appreciated and a sticky would be nice!!!
Vista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 12:19 PM   #6
PunksNotDead2k8
Banned User

Send a message via MSN to PunksNotDead2k8 Send a message via Yahoo to PunksNotDead2k8

PunksNotDead2k8's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
nice FAQs.. really helpful..
PunksNotDead2k8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 11:34 PM   #7
cincychaos

Send a message via AIM to cincychaos

skinnedlion's Gamercard
i'm glad i checked this sticky first, very helpful.
cincychaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 04:30 AM   #8
Facial La Fleur

Facial La Fleur's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Silver   x360a Book Club
How do you change the language of the achievement description back to english if you've done some of the Chinese language boosting for Lone Wolves?

Facial La Fleur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 07:30 AM   #9
SevDelta

SevDelta's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Facial La Fleur View Post
How do you change the language of the achievement description back to english if you've done some of the Chinese language boosting for Lone Wolves?
Recover your gamer profile.
SevDelta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 02:29 PM   #10
iskoot

Iskoot's Gamercard
Has anyone figured out if they were banned in Halo 2 if they were able to play MP Halo 3?
iskoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 03:27 PM   #11
The Pants Party
You're Not Invited

Awards Showcase Road Map - Diamond   Staff - Super Moderator   Micro Guide - Platinum   15,000 Posts   Staff Club - Never Final   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Shiftie   Staff Club - The Pants Party   Staff Club - AOS Puck   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Gold   Referrals - Gold
Probably. Try it out and if not, start a new tag.

Old 09-26-2007, 03:43 PM   #12
P1NSEEKER

Send a message via MSN to P1NSEEKER

p1nseek3r's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Donator - Level 5   SOTF Winner   NBA Live 1000 People Online Supporter   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
The link to how to unlock armour, i think that came from a list on gamefaqs that was found to be wrong :s
Old 09-26-2007, 05:36 PM   #13
razzleson

razzleson's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Referrals - Gold   2,500 Posts   x360a Book Club   Bright Idea   Word of Mouth   Achievement Guide - Silver   Member of the Month   Submit - Gold   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
I just looked, an there's a Halo Wiki that has the armor types and how to unlock them. however not all of them are figured out yet.

http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Halo_3#Player_Customization

Just in case the above link is infact incorrect.
razzleson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 08:02 PM   #14
Frantic Killer4

Send a message via AIM to Frantic Killer4 Send a message via Yahoo to Frantic Killer4

D1LLON H's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
well i didnt want to start a new thread and i figured that this is the faq's so i have a question. if this is not the right place sorry.

how can i tell if it is a free for all game type. cause i just got a kill tacular and i didn't get the ach. and i was playing ranked. please help

^^^^^^Join this shit, i just got guitar hero smash hits for free, pm me if you dont believe me
Frantic Killer4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 04:19 PM   #15
iskoot

Iskoot's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pants Party View Post
Probably. Try it out and if not, start a new tag.
LOL...I was never banned, I just remember the thread that was out there about this and I interested to see if Overkill was right or wrong, plus I thought it would be a good question for the FAQ, I'm just surprised no one knows for sure one way or the other yet.
iskoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 04:21 PM   #16
Adam Miller

Adam Miller's Gamercard

Can you add like whats the difference between skill and exp level and which can go down or up and how. Also can you add like a ranking thing when we know them for how much exp is needed for each one.

When your not busy that is..
Old 09-27-2007, 04:58 PM   #17
twelve

nvqtwelve's Gamercard
I havent had a chance to play this yet but talking to a friend he said that you cant choose the map you want to play in Ranked multiplayer matches. Is this true or has he just not worked it out yet?

He said it's like the beta in that the map is automatically chosen and you can veto if you dont want to play it.
twelve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 05:34 AM   #18
Bmill420

Send a message via AIM to Bmill420

Obi Wan Adoobie's Gamercard
If you beat the game already can you select the last level and beat it on another difficulty to get the achievement?

Bmill420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 12:27 PM   #19
Lunacy182

Lunacy182's Gamercard
Whats the decay rate of your exp in multiplayer?
Lunacy182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 01:19 PM   #20
The Pants Party
You're Not Invited

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmill420 View Post
If you beat the game already can you select the last level and beat it on another difficulty to get the achievement?
No, you must do the whole game.

Old 01-13-2009, 01:38 AM   #21
Aweso

Aweso's Gamercard
Quick noob-esk question:

For the "new" achievements that are the additional 750 I need to download the Legendary map pack right? I have the cold storage and the other map pack.
Aweso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 03:57 AM   #22
dillon

xxGODZ SNIPERxx's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
I think you should put how to get the new spartan officer by getting 50exp in one playlist because there is a different thread every day.

R.I.P. CrustyDirtDemon

dillon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 05:44 AM   #23
gdozer1

GDozer1's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aweso View Post
Quick noob-esk question:

For the "new" achievements that are the additional 750 I need to download the Legendary map pack right? I have the cold storage and the other map pack.
The legendary map achievements account for 250, and the other 500 is for maps that are being released in early March.
Fallout 3(1100/1550)
Madden NFL 08
Madden NFL 09
MLB 2K6
NBA Live 08
NCAA Football 09
NCAA Football 10
NCAA March Madness 08
Oblivion(1250/1250)
Arcade 100%
Dash Of Destruction
Working On
Call Of Duty: Black Ops (285/1000)
Halo: Reach (480/1250)
South Park: Let's Go Tower Defense Fight! (115/200)
gdozer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 05:24 AM   #24
jediknights

Magic Juanson's Gamercard
Can anyone tell me why my game freezes when Im playing campaign with my friend?It doesn't freeze locally.
jediknights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 04:16 AM   #25
Wes Ide

Send a message via AIM to Wes Ide Send a message via Yahoo to Wes Ide

Anghellic Karma's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pants Party View Post
Q: If I beat a few levels, then make a new game and start where I left off, will I get the "Completed Campaign" achievements?
A: No, you must play through the entire game in one save. If you start fresh, it erases your progress, even when simply switching from solo to co-op.
I'm confused by this.

I started, played thru Level 1, then had to quit before completing it.

Next time I played, I resumed from the checkpoint in Level 1, played through that level and didn't get the Achievement. I continued, played through all of Level 2, and got the Achievement for that. I quit there.

Next day, I resumed from Mission Start of Level 3, played through it all, and got my Achievement for Level 3 once done.

Based on the format of playing one level in its entirety at a time, I'll get all the Achievements but the one for the first level.
- Will I not got a Campaign Complete because I don't have credit for Level 1 complete?
- If I go back to replay Level 1 from its start, and complete Level 1 in its entirety to get the Level 1 Achievement, can I then resume from the start of Level 4, or will this nullify my Campaign Complete Achievement?

What should I do? :/
Old 09-28-2007, 02:20 PM   #26
Wes Ide

Send a message via AIM to Wes Ide Send a message via Yahoo to Wes Ide

Anghellic Karma's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes Ide View Post
I'm confused by this.

I started, played thru Level 1, then had to quit before completing it.

Next time I played, I resumed from the checkpoint in Level 1, played through that level and didn't get the Achievement. I continued, played through all of Level 2, and got the Achievement for that. I quit there.

Next day, I resumed from Mission Start of Level 3, played through it all, and got my Achievement for Level 3 once done.

Based on the format of playing one level in its entirety at a time, I'll get all the Achievements but the one for the first level.
- Will I not got a Campaign Complete because I don't have credit for Level 1 complete?
- If I go back to replay Level 1 from its start, and complete Level 1 in its entirety to get the Level 1 Achievement, can I then resume from the start of Level 4, or will this nullify my Campaign Complete Achievement?

What should I do? :/

One of my concerns with the above is, if because I stopped in level One then continued from a checkpoint, if that means I won't get the Campaign Complete Achievement. And if, to get all levels complete on Legendary, I'll need to replay all of Level 1 in one shot. And then, if doing that makes me need to play from there forwards, not just complete all of Level 1 and then resume from the start of Level 4.

Reason being, if I need to start over, I'd like to know before I continue in Legendary mode for no reason.
Old 09-28-2007, 07:05 PM   #27
2LIVE

Can anyone help us, pleasey please?
2LIVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 03:25 AM   #28
tbc_hitman

Send a message via AIM to tbc_hitman Send a message via MSN to tbc_hitman

TBC HITMAN's Gamercard
all this is so cool.
tbc_hitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 07:16 AM   #29
newbsicle

zymotic's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
"Used car sales man"
I know you can do this on the ark because a buddy of mine got it with me when we were looking for skulls. I grab the rocket launcher in the area right after the first terminal and blow the two huge chopper looking things. I think one has 4 guys and the other has 3.

Anyways I shoot both with the rocket launcher over and over. All the guys die before the vehicle gives out. I'm gonna go through one last time on this level with sticky nades. If I get a sticky nade on and shot it with the rocket launcher and it still doesn't blow up.... I quit. *pouts*
Old 09-09-2009, 08:58 PM   #30
Hahlin

Hey, dunno if this was asked...

Hey, I got a question. The guide says when I hit Lieutenant (sp?) I get the Vidmaster Lightswitch Achievement. If I already am over Lieutenant, how do I get it?
Hahlin is offline   Reply With Quote