PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Main Hub > Discussion Boards > Kinect
Subscribe    Donate

Old 04-22-2012, 06:11 AM   #1
raziel101977

New Poster New kinect owner small room

Hi everyone I new here and would love some suggestions on how to make my kinect small room friendly. I can't move it to another room and i can't make the room bigger. Any suggestions would be great
raziel101977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 06:17 AM   #2
Veedrock

Veedrock's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Bronze   Genre Competition - First Place   2,500 Posts   Donator - Level 1   XBA Promoter
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Consider checking out the Nyko Zoom. It's supposed to reduce the space needed to play games. However reviews have been very bipolar, either it works and people love it or it doesn't work so they return it. Doesn't seem to be a solid reason behind whether it'll work or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creech View Post
As a site, we don't support calling it "xbone" as that was a name that was used to refer to the system in a negative light. Since the site exists to support the system, being deliberately negative towards it seems counter productive.

tl;dr - Call it the Xbox One or X1.
Veedrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 06:36 AM   #3
raziel101977

just bought that this evening and it doesn't work for me it seems to make it harder for the kinect to see like it doesn't get enough light or soemthing. And it distorts things to where it wont recognize me. But it does make things seem a bit more roomie but I'm taking it back cause it's just not working for what I need it to do. There just not enough space.
raziel101977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 03:12 PM   #4
Foxxy kyle

Foxxy Kyle's Gamercard

Awards Showcase You ARE the Controller Challenge Club - Tier 1   Road Map - Platinum   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Silver   XBA Promoter   2,500 Posts   Achievement Guide - Gold   Over Achiever - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   A+ Thread Award   Bright Idea
Total Awards: 12 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by raziel101977 View Post
just bought that this evening and it doesn't work for me it seems to make it harder for the kinect to see like it doesn't get enough light or soemthing. And it distorts things to where it wont recognize me. But it does make things seem a bit more roomie but I'm taking it back cause it's just not working for what I need it to do. There just not enough space.
If you dont have 6-8 feet in your room, and the thing you bought doesnt work then you are going to have to move rooms somehow. There isnt really anything else to do.
Old 10-10-2012, 07:56 PM   #5
AuntAnnie

JuniperWuf00's Gamercard
We actually had to rearrange our whole room to make space for the kinect. The room was longer than wide, so we kind of turned everything around to accomodate playing. It was a pain.
AuntAnnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 10:23 AM   #6
Graivul

Heroic Bishop's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
A friend of mine has the Nyko Zoom as he only has a small gaming area (his wife wont allow his console in the living room and he has to play all his games in the spare bedroom *sound of whip cracking* haha).

I have to say from my experience the horror stories are wrong, it really does work very well! He only has a couple of Kinect games up to now as he is a new covert to the hardware but what he does have really works well.

I would definitely consider it for a restricted gaming space.

Graivul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 08:03 AM   #7
redbull168

GR0UNDnP0UND's Gamercard
if having issues, tilt the kinect and add more lighting. I messed around with the setup for days before I figured out the right angle and light to make it work. Was a pain in the ass, but works now
redbull168 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 07:05 PM   #8
RobotGhost

robotghost136's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veedrock View Post
Consider checking out the Nyko Zoom. It's supposed to reduce the space needed to play games. However reviews have been very bipolar, either it works and people love it or it doesn't work so they return it. Doesn't seem to be a solid reason behind whether it'll work or not.
Does the Nyko Zoom work well? I've heard a lot of horror stories with it not working right and scratching up the Kinect sensor.
RobotGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 02:49 PM   #9
fishtripper

fishtripper's Gamercard
some love it and say thers no prob but sometimes in i.eDance cental you can see what the connect sees and if there is a tiny spot on the nyko lense it can really distort what the kinect see's it doesn't happen often but thats on of my only horror stories about mine.
Old 05-15-2012, 02:54 PM   #10
Skorpion XBA
Guide Team

Skorpion XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff - Guide Team   Achievement Guide - Gold   Subscriber - Silver   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 3   2,500 Posts   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 1   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   Road Map - Gold   Green Thumb - Platinum
Total Awards: 35 (more» ...)
I used it and didn't like it. But if you don't have a good 6+ feet then it's gonna be hard to pick up anyway. That's just for me.

Have you tried rearranging furniture? Worked for me.
Old 05-21-2012, 04:19 AM   #11
LindaB

Lindab298's Gamercard
I actually had to rearrange my entire living room to make use of it. only to take it back the next day.
LindaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 01:01 AM   #12
adifabio1024

StickyOregon3's Gamercard
I found that angling the kinect helped t recognize movements better. Some games seem to require more space than others which can also cause problems.
adifabio1024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 04:18 AM   #13
Nosey T

Nosey Tangent's Gamercard
I've stacked my kinect right againt the wall, kinda high so it can attempt to see the floor in my small space. It mostly works, for most games.
Nosey T is offline   Reply With Quote