PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Adventure > Minecraft
Subscribe    Donate

Old 05-10-2012, 07:21 AM   #1
sic6sic

Send a message via AIM to sic6sic

xsic6sicx's Gamercard
bitching thread

general Minecraft Rage thread, so you can bitch about all the mistakes you make lol

i hate when i have a full inventory of all sorts of cool stuff, and then accidentally tunnel into the side of a lava pit on the way OUT of the mine. >.<

sic6sic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 07:25 AM   #2
Prime8

I be terrible's Gamercard
After I discovered my first diamonds, a creeper almost killed me. I still had a bit of health left, but it apparently blew up the blocks above and a stream of lava poured on me. Unfortunately I couldn't find my way back to where I died, so I lost them

Reached 100K on 1/2/14
Achievement: Killer Instinct - Jago Apprentice for 20 GS

Prime8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 07:50 AM   #3
helta_skelta

helta skelta990's Gamercard
i have no idea what im doing in the game

50,000 on 12/10/2009

70,000 on 09/06/2010
100,000 on 10/05/2011
123456 on 11/07/2012
helta_skelta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 08:20 AM   #4
Eazynem Makaveli

Quote:
Originally Posted by helta_skelta View Post
i have no idea what im doing in the game
Yeah wait for Creative mode (it is coming in later updates, hopefully not long) and we will have new plans on what we will be doing. going to be so much fun.
Eazynem Makaveli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 08:25 AM   #5
UberPirateNinja

UberPirateNinja's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
i hate it when the game randomly freezes when i open my inventory.
UberPirateNinja is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 12:38 PM   #6
Chaz Of Sparta

Chaz Of Sparta's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eazynem Makaveli View Post
Yeah wait for Creative mode (it is coming in later updates, hopefully not long) and we will have new plans on what we will be doing. going to be so much fun.
This probably sounds like a stupid question, but why wasn't it already released with the latest version? How come the PC version is so far ahead in updates?
Chaz Of Sparta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 12:44 PM   #7
RDrules

rdisbetterthanu's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaz Of Sparta View Post
This probably sounds like a stupid question, but why wasn't it already released with the latest version? How come the PC version is so far ahead in updates?
because it took more than a year to develop this game, in that time the pc version has been updated, this is the version the pc was at when they started develpment
RDrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 03:55 PM   #8
Burnout x360a

M1KE 08's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaz Of Sparta View Post
Because the PC version came first and is the definitive version.

^ By Xerofox, thanks!
Twitter lSteam

Burnout x360a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 08:40 AM   #9
GR Fenrir

gr fenrir's Gamercard
Whenever I built emergency shelters while out exploring, I would constantly die for no appearent reason come morning. I eventually found out the roof was crushing me once I woke up and stood in my bed.
GR Fenrir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 11:46 AM   #10
MabusScarab

Mabus Incarnate's Gamercard
I made my home too large and enemies spawn in there during night time when i'm trying to sleep. I haven't found a way to prevent this aside from destroying it and building a smaller home.
MabusScarab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 11:51 AM   #11
RDrules

Quote:
Originally Posted by MabusScarab View Post
I made my home too large and enemies spawn in there during night time when i'm trying to sleep. I haven't found a way to prevent this aside from destroying it and building a smaller home.
as long as its lit up size shouldnt matter, try placing some torches in the middle where the ones on the walls wont reach
Old 05-10-2012, 01:09 PM   #12
coomzy

CCOOMZY's Gamercard
I hate when you xbox freezes and you didnt save in ages
Old 05-10-2012, 01:57 PM   #13
the_tubster

The Tubster's Gamercard
I dont mind too much when a monster kills me, as I can retrace my steps and pick up my goodies, but when I fall into lava... thats a sod 'cos all my goodies are lost forever!!!

How do people 'path find' in this game? ive lost several houses Ive built simply because ive gone for a wander, and then cant work out where i'd built the house in the first place lol
the_tubster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 04:38 PM   #14
Melon Bread

Send a message via AIM to Melon Bread Send a message via MSN to Melon Bread Send a message via Yahoo to Melon Bread Send a message via Skype™ to Melon Bread

xXMelon BreadXx's Gamercard
Quote:
No not due to size,, to solve the issue do not put your bed right next to any walls.

Melon Bread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 05:12 PM   #15
AgentOrange330

AgentOrange330's Gamercard
The fact that I have no idea how the powered rails, powered minecarts, redstone torches, redstone wires, etc work at all...
Well I get up in the morning and I get my brief. I go out and stare at the world in complete disbelief. It's not righteous indignation that makes me complain. It's the fact that I always have to explain. - Van Morrison
AgentOrange330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 05:45 PM   #16
RDrules

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentOrange330 View Post
The fact that I have no idea how the powered rails, powered minecarts, redstone torches, redstone wires, etc work at all...
well redstone dust is wire and redstone torches are batteries so the basic way to power things with them is connect a redstone torch to the item from any distance with redstone wire

instead of the torch you can use switches and buttons etc to power the redstone, this will let you turn things on and off which is useful for powering doors and things
powerd rail is just track with redstone in it which you can power with a torch or a switch and it increases the speed of a minecart running over it

powered minecarts are just a minecart with a furnace in them, you click on them with coal in your hand and they move, they are pretty much usless though because they are slow and eat coal

the best thing to do to learn about redstone is play with it, try building simple circuits and working your way up, people do all sorts with it in the end theres even a guy that programmed minecraft using redstone in the game so you could play minecraft in minecraft :P
Old 05-11-2012, 02:25 AM   #17
Mr Yac

Mr Yac's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melon Bread View Post
No not due to size,, to solve the issue do not put your bed right next to any walls.
this doesn't work either, my bed is in the middle of my room and my house is completly sealed with torches all around and i still get woken up every time i try to sleep by a zombie or skeleton, VERY annoying.

thats not even my biggest complaint though since i'm one of the oh so lucky people whos inventory and spawn point gets deletd regardless of where or when i save which is making any real expoloration a pain since i need to get back home and dump everything in a chest before i can save without it deleting itself
Mr Yac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 04:00 AM   #18
Tee!

TeeOwnzU's Gamercard
Bought the game today, played for about 4 hours, built a beautiful 2 story house in the sky and thought all was going well...

Turns out, it wasn't auto saving like I wrongly assumed it was. I was retreating into my house during night time which had been safe from zombies the every night prior and an exploding zombie was on the second floor of my house and pretty much destroyed everything I had worked on.

Went back to the main menu to re-load my save, turns out there was no game to load because it wasn't saving and now I have to start all over again.

I didn't have torches in my house because I was unable to find both ingredients for it. Could that be how he ended up in my house? There was only one path to get into my house, which was highly elevated off the ground, and a trap door that should have stopped it.

Tee! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 07:03 AM   #19
j dog 559

J Dog 559's Gamercard
Quote:

build a 3 block high platform and use ladders to get to it and they wont get to you
j dog 559 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 09:45 PM   #20
sleepydumbdude

sleepydumbdude's Gamercard

I lost tons of cool stuff when I found my first monster spawn point. Closed it up and I tried digging under it to create a trap for monster to spawn and drop into and misjudged how far up it was and caused the monsters to fall in the hole with me before I was ready.

Also hated water for the longest time because I thought you had to tap A to swim and not hold it. I pretty much died in anything that submerged me for the first couple hours.
sleepydumbdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 01:47 AM   #21
StayonTarget
It's a Carton!

Send a message via Skype™ to StayonTarget

TheStayonTarget's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Gold   CABS Beta Tester   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Micro Guide - Platinum   Subscriber - Bronze   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Minty   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   Submit - Diamond
Total Awards: 16 (more» ...)
At least capitalize the title... my god. Looks like the thread was made by a five year old.
StayonTarget is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 02:05 AM   #22
JeremyVersion1

JeremyVersion1's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by JORDAN K 95 View Post
so, your saying the world size is perfectly fine... ?
Yeah, actually I think it's fine.

Quote:
pretty much built something in every chunk / biome in my world and have a pathway and railway connecting them all,
I'm sorry, but I can't begin to buy that. I can't believe that you not only dug to bedrock and cleared that out, but also built up into the air as high as you could. I'd love to see some photos or videos though, show me I'm wrong, I'd be impressed if you've managed to use up every single bit of free space.

Quote:
explored the whole map and have still not found 1 pumpkin, and there are no snow biomes. i have 5 full double chests of cobblestone, in that i only found 12 or so gold ore which was just enough to get the on a rail achievement. and about 6 diamonds, oh and ive pretty much explored every cave system.
That sucks, then again you're not supposed to have a shit load of gold or diamonds.

Quote:
im not bitching, im just pointing out that the world is so small that it cant fit everything in it, i dont have any pumpkins or any snow biomes, which means its impossible to make jack o'lanterns or get pine trees, snowballs, ice etc.
So start a new world.

It's downright stupid to complain that the map is too small when you're talking about a game that's released on a console, with far less memory then its PC counterpart. When will people wake up and realize this is just a port??

Thanks to the great Cpt Slaughter for the VGCE Show Logo!

JeremyVersion1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 02:59 AM   #23
Arduous Wolf

Arduous Wolf's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyVersion1 View Post

It's downright stupid to complain that the map is too small when you're talking about a game that's released on a console, with far less memory then its PC counterpart. When will people wake up and realize this is just a port??
Jeremy I'm not trying to start an argument but you seem to have a bit of an attitude. This is the official bitching tread so why do you have a problem with people bitching about world size?

IMO the world is too small, ok a console version will probably never be able to handle an infinite world like the PC, but come on it could have a world a lot bigger then the one you get. At the very least like the real world you should be able to find every kind on biome and item somewhere in the world even if it takes days of searching. While I haven't built on every part of my world I have explored and mined in all areas. I like exploring and finding new stuff and with a small world like we got this can be done very quickly. Sure I can start a new world but as I can't take all my stuff I mined/found/made over to the new world I am loath to start again from scratch every time I want something new to explore. Either make the world bigger or allow us to transfer our stuff like in a new game+. As the latter option is not even available in the PC version, I think asking for an increase to the worlds size is not too much ask.

Arduous Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 06:31 AM   #24
JeremyVersion1

JeremyVersion1's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arduous Wolf View Post
Jeremy I'm not trying to start an argument but you seem to have a bit of an attitude. This is the official bitching tread so why do you have a problem with people bitching about world size?
Because I'd rather hear valid complaints about the game rather then pointing out something the developers couldn't control. It's one thing to say "there isn't enough diamonds", sure they are rare, but they could have put more into each map. It's another thing entirely to complain about the limitations of the game that the developers didn't have any control over.

Thanks to the great Cpt Slaughter for the VGCE Show Logo!

JeremyVersion1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 07:12 AM   #25
RDrules

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyVersion1 View Post
Because I'd rather hear valid complaints about the game rather then pointing out something the developers couldn't control. It's one thing to say "there isn't enough diamonds", sure they are rare, but they could have put more into each map. It's another thing entirely to complain about the limitations of the game that the developers didn't have any control over.
but they did have control over it.

they could have knocked the game down to 30fps for a start, 60 isnt something that is needed in a game like this at all , most AAA titles make do with 30 yet for minecraft the devs decided to severely limit the game to make 60.

they could also have gone for the pcs "normal" render distance rather than the "far" one, most people play on that anyway on PC and it barely matters .

basically theres a lot that they could have done to make the world bigger most which you can turn on and off at will on the PC.

plus the hardware limitations arent that bad on the xbox, they sound bad compared to a PCs but its like apples and oranges, what needs a few gig of ram and a super processor on the PC can run as smooth as silk on the xboxs outdated hardware.
Old 06-10-2012, 12:09 AM   #26
DecadentBeaver

DecadentBeaver's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
My epic fail is as follows. Please laugh at my expense. I did.

I have built myself aground floor so far of my house. Wood blocks, planks, stone and cobblestone. Looks nice, so I think. I have done a little bit upstairs so far. But what I really wanted was a basement. So I excavated that under the house to the same dimensions. I then figured I should install a fireplace. So, off I went, gettin Obsidian to create a Nether portal to collect Netherrack. Came back, put the Netherrack in and ignited it. What I didn't think ahead was, I had a wood surround, and ceiling 2 blocks above. Cue, raging fire everywhere. Took out the surround, the ceiling and spread on the ground floor. Took out the entire side wall of my house too. Now I have rebuilt the house, and put in a glass surround.

Looking for people to join me in an epic Minecraft build once again. Its in creative, so if you are interested, message me for details.
DecadentBeaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 10:02 AM   #27
Burnout x360a

M1KE 08's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DecadentBeaver View Post
My epic fail is as follows. Please laugh at my expense. I did.

I have built myself aground floor so far of my house. Wood blocks, planks, stone and cobblestone. Looks nice, so I think. I have done a little bit upstairs so far. But what I really wanted was a basement. So I excavated that under the house to the same dimensions. I then figured I should install a fireplace. So, off I went, gettin Obsidian to create a Nether portal to collect Netherrack. Came back, put the Netherrack in and ignited it. What I didn't think ahead was, I had a wood surround, and ceiling 2 blocks above. Cue, raging fire everywhere. Took out the surround, the ceiling and spread on the ground floor. Took out the entire side wall of my house too. Now I have rebuilt the house, and put in a glass surround.
I laughed then realised I've done stupid things with fire too

^ By Xerofox, thanks!
Twitter lSteam

Burnout x360a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 10:35 AM   #28
DecadentBeaver

Was a major panic, but managed to subdue the flames. Not as stupid as when I minied straight down on a mates world, and fell into lava. Lost 78 redstone, 25 gold ore, 90 iron ore and 120 coal. Plus my diamond pickaxe, shovel and full diamond armour. Lucky he saved about 10 minutes before.

Looking for people to join me in an epic Minecraft build once again. Its in creative, so if you are interested, message me for details.
Old 06-10-2012, 11:52 AM   #29
RDrules

both of them are like rights of passage in minecraft :P
Old 06-10-2012, 12:28 PM   #30
DecadentBeaver

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDrules View Post
both of them are like rights of passage in minecraft :P
Lmao. Well I've been well and truly baptised in Minecraft then. Several times over.