Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Max Payne 3
Subscribe    Donate

Old 05-15-2012, 11:10 PM   #1
Ham Woopan
Praisin' the Sun

Ham Woopan Jr's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Subscriber - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Over Achiever - Silver   Arcade Crazy - Bronze
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
Official Bitching Thread

I'll start this off with one word, Autobalance.

I can't believe this is still around. What the fuck is the point in having it? I was playing a multiplayer game and the enemy team was losing, after a while they started to quit and it said "Teams will be autobalanced" sure enough, I got switched. I was second on the team and randomly get switched to the losing team and have to fight against the team I just helped? I quit instantly. Multiplayer is pretty meh right now, I just unlocked the ability to make my own class so hopefully it'll get better.

Although the single player kicks so much ass!

Last edited by Ham Woopan; 05-16-2012 at 12:22 AM.
Ham Woopan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 12:59 AM   #2
IrishGorilla47

IrishGorilla47's Gamercard
What???!!!

That could ruin everything for me.
IrishGorilla47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 01:47 AM   #3
HabsCen10ial

HabsCen10ial's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Really? That sucks. That could make the "sweep" achievement a real pain in the ass.

Credit goes to Xerofox for the amazing Montreal Canadiens sig!

HabsCen10ial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 01:59 AM   #4
ajennice

ajennice00's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
My only bitch so far is the inability to skip scenes.
ajennice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 02:28 AM   #5
space_monkee69

VIGILANTE SAlNT's Gamercard
I'm about half way through the campaign and pretty bummed there isn't any LORDS AND LADIES or ADDRESS UNKWOWN tv shows to watch... So far all I've seen a shitty BASEBALL BAT BOY cartoon.
Old 05-16-2012, 02:39 AM   #6
I1 Chewbacca I1

I1 Chewbacca I1's Gamercard
The loading screen for the title menu.

It was cool at first, but now I feel that it takes forever.
I1 Chewbacca I1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 09:20 PM   #7
Crankafoo SL

Crankafoo SL's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by space_monkee69 View Post
I'm about half way through the campaign and pretty bummed there isn't any LORDS AND LADIES...
Lords and Ladies is my FAVOURITE. "Mama... you... are... not... a lady!"
Crankafoo SL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 02:41 AM   #8
iBuzz7S

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 2
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajennice View Post
You got the game for free, why you complaining?

The cutscenes play an important role in the game. Unless you have no care for it and simply want to play the game, you could easily pass time by playing games on your phone or even browsing websites while you wait.
Old 05-16-2012, 06:00 AM   #9
chach7171

Muttnchopmaniac's Gamercard
The fact i get kicked for bad connection every other game!! This is such crap fix this
chach7171 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 11:11 AM   #10
ajennice

ajennice00's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by iBuzz7S View Post
You got the game for free, why you complaining?

The cutscenes play an important role in the game. Unless you have no care for it and simply want to play the game, you could easily pass time by playing games on your phone or even browsing websites while you wait.
Why am I complaining... because that's what this thread is for? Did I get it for free???? I remember you grilling me over somone loggining into a website using my SN on a hacking site then practically calling me a pirate, so, now you calling me legit.. pick a side and stay on it.

Important role???? It's a video game, not a job interview for a CEO possition. Whether or not you pay any attention, the game will turn out the same... also if you're on your second playthru, you've already seen them.
"Pass time"... great answer, great answer.... Kind of like th eguy who just posts " then don't play it" on everyone's complaint with any games
ajennice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 11:35 AM   #11
Maximum Sawfish

maximum sawfish's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajennice View Post
Agreed especially on new york minute mode
Maximum Sawfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 05:34 PM   #12
MeonOner
Banned User

MeonOne's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Road Map - Platinum   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Referrals - Bronze
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Online.
I cant stand how so many people abuse the 'bullet time' online. And how when anyone online uses it, everyone goes into slow mo. Like what the fuck, really Im across the fucking map and I die cause some bitch is using it. Another thing I can not stand is how you can not switch to your secondary quick enough. You have to go to the wheel to bring it up. And why the hell is the point of having an assault rifle and you get owened by a pistol from across the map.
MeonOner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 09:06 AM   #13
Nevander

Nevander's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Multiplayer achievements. 'Nuff said.

Signature by Gackt. Click it to visit the Classic FPS Gamers x360a social group!
Random friend requests or invites sent with no message will be deleted.
I have moved to PC gaming for the most part, so I won't be on Xbox LIVE much anymore.
Nevander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 06:39 PM   #14
VishMartDotCom

vishuz venum's Gamercard
Why do we have to beat the game FIVE TIMES to get the original 1000g???? No one else finds this retarded? Infuriating? And also just a poke at us (us being ppl who want 1000g at least) by the developers who know we need to have 100% completion or suffer the pangs of "damn I didn't 100% that game""???!!!!
VishMartDotCom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 02:42 AM   #15
Dannyb01y

Been trying to get 10 kills in one bullet time and 30 kills in two minutes to no avail. Am 99% I'm doing everything under the right conditions and that the game is trying to pee me off. :/

EDIT* Tried to get the 10 kills in one bullet time today about 5-10 times no luck. Then it popped after loading a NYM level. Then 30 kills in 2 minutes popped on the boat level also.

Glad they popped finally.

Last edited by Dannyb01y; 01-21-2013 at 06:16 PM.
Dannyb01y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 06:32 PM   #16
pined5551

Traveller Nick's Gamercard

Wow, 400+ posts in the bitching thread! All I have a gripe with is the DLC and multiplayer overkill. I finished all the SP achievements and thought, hey 93% isn't half bad. Now with all this bull shit map pack based DLC out I'm down to 54% or something.
pined5551 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 06:51 PM   #17
Barad
High on Life

Send a message via Skype™ to Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Platinum   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Staff Club - troy0891
Total Awards: 22 (more» ...)
Just want to bitch about the fact that all the DLC + Season Pass was meant to go on sale today but they canceled it? I'm sad.

Barad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 06:07 AM   #18
PhantomDraconis

PhantomDraconis's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowraffe View Post
I'll start this off with one word, Autobalance.

I can't believe this is still around. What the fuck is the point in having it? I was playing a multiplayer game and the enemy team was losing, after a while they started to quit and it said "Teams will be autobalanced" sure enough, I got switched. I was second on the team and randomly get switched to the losing team and have to fight against the team I just helped? I quit instantly. Multiplayer is pretty meh right now, I just unlocked the ability to make my own class so hopefully it'll get better.

Although the single player kicks so much ass!
Agreed. This just happened to me, i was a big reasom we were winning by a good bit and with 20 seconds left in the match it switched me to the other team. So, not only did i get screwed out of a winI also got screwed out of MVP for the match. Assholes are going to use this for griefing some unfortunate souls until it is fixed.
Old 05-17-2012, 06:15 AM   #19
R4wD0g496

R4wD0g496's Gamercard
Why is the game on 2 disc's? I mean, you have your campaign and your multiplayer, which hundreds of other games fit onto 1 disc. Just a minor gripe that I am lazy and switching discs sucks.
R4wD0g496 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 09:36 AM   #20
D347H0FL0V3

Death 0f Love's Gamercard
I have another gripe, more about R* than Max Payne 3. It was rather shitty of R* to put a code for the soundtrack in the collector's edition when the codes can't be redeemed until later today. Why not just actually make physical copies of the soundtrack instead of just a code that people wouldn't be able to redeem right away? Not like they ran out of room in the box that housed the game and bullet keychain and couldn't fit just a regular jewel cased cd in it. It's also pretty sad, if you think about it, because at least Team Ninja was decent enough to make physical copies of the NG3 soundtrack that were in the collector's edition instead of putting a code in the box that you couldn't even redeem when you got the game.

Last edited by D347H0FL0V3; 05-17-2012 at 09:47 AM.
D347H0FL0V3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 10:09 AM   #21
JuSt BLaZe

BLAZE VII's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Diamond   5,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Gold   Donator - Level 1
Only one big so far and especially for ACHIEVEMENT WHORES like us, the damn crazy stupid long unskippable CUTSCENES. This really sucks.

Also if you press the guide-button it goes to pause (for checking your friends, writing messages etc. during the scenes). Major minus in this game. Imagine playing through this game plenty times or go for the SP GRINDS watching this scenes over and over again.

1st worldwide who "officially" completed [FLASHBACK] a 100%!
JuSt BLaZe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 04:51 PM   #22
Ham Woopan
Praisin' the Sun

Ham Woopan Jr's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Subscriber - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Over Achiever - Silver   Arcade Crazy - Bronze
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
Goddamn the multiplayer really fucking blows. I'm so glad I decided to wait to try the multiplayer before I bought the Rockstar pass. No way in hell I'm buying it.

I actually loved playing GTA IV multiplayer, never played RDR but this blows so hard. I'd rather play Resident Evil: ORC and that's saying something.
Old 05-17-2012, 08:01 PM   #23
The Bum-Mobile

Mr Shenanigans's Gamercard

Only complaint is the lack of classic TV shows and other little stuff from the originals. And this isn't bad because it's still written so well, Max's narration is less poetic and more comparisons. I guess that's what three dead loved ones will do to you.

I think the difficulty is great, a good challenge, and the multiplayer I've played has been very fun. Deathmatch is probably my favorite which is strange considering I'm usually more of a team deathmatch guy. The MP was a little glitchy from wha I played Tuesday but I'm sure it'll get smoothed out soon, if it already hasn't.

The Bum-Mobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 08:58 PM   #24
Demolition D

Demolition D's Gamercard
Today was the first glitch problem I had. There was a guy on the other team that could set bombs, but would not die. But he couldn't kill neither.
Demolition D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 03:30 AM   #25
XFistsClenchedX

XFistsClenchedX's Gamercard
Yeah. Multiplayer is among the worst I've played. I got the jump on an enemy and I was shooting the crap out of him, but he killed me anyway and it showed that I had been shot in the thighs. Come on, Rockstar! I was also virtually instantly was killed when I was shot with 3 bullets - 2 in the elbow and 1 in the hand.

XFistsClenchedX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 05:36 AM   #26
Bajan Elite
Banned User

Bajan Elite's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by XFistsClenchedX View Post
Yeah. Multiplayer is among the worst I've played. I got the jump on an enemy and I was shooting the crap out of him, but he killed me anyway and it showed that I had been shot in the thighs. Come on, Rockstar! I was also virtually instantly was killed when I was shot with 3 bullets - 2 in the elbow and 1 in the hand.
Are you still playing it?

Anyway another issue for me besides lack of spawn protection and crapping spawns is joining lobbies with others in my party only to get separated. Its rather annoying, especially when the game doesn't even bother to fix it when another match starts. I wouldn't mind it as much if its just regular people but since these people are part of my crew it annoys me. I'm all for friendly competition with friends but this effects the crews overall K/D ratio. It also keeps a member from taking part in a feud with another crew.
Bajan Elite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 01:58 PM   #27
JuSt BLaZe

BLAZE VII's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Diamond   5,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Gold   Donator - Level 1
Thumbs down Freeze my ass...

Aiight freezed for me the very first time. I'm on my HARD (first run) run and after I had to switch DISCS only a black screen appeared. I could hear Max Payne talking in the back but that's it until on the bottom right

appeared. I could use the guide button etc. but that's it. Had to dashboard out. Imagine this on NYM HC. FUCK OFF...

1st worldwide who "officially" completed [FLASHBACK] a 100%!
JuSt BLaZe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 02:08 PM   #28
Barad
High on Life

Send a message via Skype™ to Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Platinum   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Staff Club - troy0891
Total Awards: 22 (more» ...)
I reckon Rockstar didn't think this out as well, never had any type of freezing issues in their previous games and with an achievement like NYM H, they should really consider saves/checkpoints and to hear the multiplayer is full of bugs just makes it worse.

Barad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 12:11 PM   #29
Dukez

Voscillatez's Gamercard
Unable to skip cut-scenes. It was cool the first couples of times. Now it feels like they drag a life time. Lol.
Dukez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 09:00 PM   #30
DeadlySinz86

iTz SiNZ v2's Gamercard
If there's one thing bad I have to say about this game, its a few issues with the MP. No option to quick switch between weapons sucks, Soft Lock blows too, especially when it targets someone thats behind the wall and not the one standing right infront of you, shooting you in the face. Throwing grenades seems to be a game of luck, alot of the time they'll bounce back off the wall your hiding behind, there also really hard to aim with and getting them going where you want them to go is a challenge. Apart from that, I fuckin love this game. I've not seen any exploiters yet and I've been raping pretty hard

DeadlySinz86 is offline   Reply With Quote