PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Saints Row: The Third
Subscribe    Donate

Old 05-16-2012, 05:07 PM   #1
Crusnik

Ducati30080's Gamercard
is it worth it

is saints row 3 worth getting can some one tell me the pro's and con's about it
Crusnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 05:14 PM   #2
iBuzz7S

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 2
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Rent? Yes. Buy? No.

The game can be completed (story) in under 10 hours. With all of the extra crap, you will get 3-5 hours of fun before you realise how dull it is.

I purchased the season pass and even though I may have saved a dollar or two, I feel ripped off. For $20, I got 3 hours of bonus content, all of which could of been included in the game for free.

There is no replay value, similar to SR2 where you can always go back and re-do missions. Saints Row: The Third does not have that option, even though it has been months fans have been asking for it.
Old 05-16-2012, 05:19 PM   #3
haze addict

haze addict's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by iBuzz7S View Post
Rent? Yes. Buy? No.

The game can be completed (story) in under 10 hours. With all of the extra crap, you will get 3-5 hours of fun before you realise how dull it is.

I purchased the season pass and even though I may have saved a dollar or two, I feel ripped off. For $20, I got 3 hours of bonus content, all of which could of been included in the game for free.

There is no replay value, similar to SR2 where you can always go back and re-do missions. Saints Row: The Third does not have that option, even though it has been months fans have been asking for it.
Thank you for this review because I myself was contemplating on whether to buy the game or rent it now I know to just rent the game

haze addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 05:25 PM   #4
iBuzz7S

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 2
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Well my opinion is obviously one that many won't agree with, but I loved everything about Saints Row and Saints Row 2. The final game killed everything for me, which is why I dislike it a lot.

You're better off getting more opinions before deciding on what to do. =p
Old 05-23-2012, 07:29 AM   #5
Seekredemption9

seekredemption9's Gamercard
Personally having and 100%ing the game i think it is fairly easy to play but there are a few bugs.
Seekredemption9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 03:29 PM   #6
Noisy Neighbour

Noisy neighbour's Gamercard
I agree that its short and feels unfinished but to me saints row has always felt like that. In the end its fun and entertains for as long as you need it too. (Wouldn't of paid full price for it though, picked it up for 15 on GoD)

Assassin's Creed ~ Trine 2

Notable completions:

Burnout Revenge ~ Far Cry Instincts Predator
Noisy Neighbour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 08:25 PM   #7
davhuit

HieiTF76's Gamercard
Really liked it in co-op personally.

I bought the "Full Package" edition and it wasn't that expensive (I bought one "Full Package" and one "standard version" for my brother, playing with two 360, and I'll sell the "Full Package" once all the activities will be done in co-op. Buy two "Full Package" would have been useless as the DLCs disc is working for the standard edition. And as my gamertag is on both 360, I just used one Online pass and so the one I will sell still have the online pass unused).

Right now, I just finished the game and I'm already at like 17 hours of play in normal difficulty so I would say it probably require 30-35 hours of play for someone who want to complete it at 100%.

So now, I'm waiting for Saints Row 4 than for GTA V (GTA IV completely dissapointed me, too serious and not fun at all).

Last edited by davhuit; 01-27-2013 at 08:37 PM.
davhuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 06:01 PM   #8
CrAzYnEsS

Quote:
Rent? Yes. Buy? No.

This guy said it best. Although I wouldn't even reccomend a rent. I loved 1 and 2 but just felt totally bi*** slapped in the face from this game.

Cheating doesn't qualify as skills, its just a poor
attempt for a newb to be a pro.

BTW-I kno some of the spelling on my posts, is incorrect, but im just too lazy to fix it srry. Also if n e of my posts have offended n e 1 in n e way, i apologize. PEACE
CrAzYnEsS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 08:14 PM   #9
Prevention

SlipknoticCash's Gamercard
It's only fun if you play it with your friend/friends IMO.
Prevention is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 09:30 PM   #10
Spanish Assault

Send a message via Skype™ to Spanish Assault

Spanish Assault's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Platinum   Micro Guide - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   10,000 posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
playing co-op and loving it. Really fun GTA style game.
Old 09-14-2012, 09:29 PM   #11
MoRICH MAN 300

MoRICH MAN 300's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
i played this game solo and i relly enjoyed it.super fun game. i would recommend a buy.

Special Thanks to Rajeanero For The Sig
MoRICH MAN 300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 09:18 PM   #12
senyorsaguaro

senyor saguaro's Gamercard
rent and beat thats about it, not buy it, youll get bored after a about 2 run throughs.
senyorsaguaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 11:30 PM   #13
quickhhh

General E Quick's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Rent? Yes. Buy? No.

Basically sum up what I was going to write. The game worth a rent unless you can buy it very cheap even then you'll probably only play throw it once.
quickhhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 01:28 PM   #14
Hutchy27

hutchy27's Gamercard
I lent this game yesterday to help pass the time until I get some new ones on Christmas, I played 4/5 hours in total so far and completed Act 1 and some of Act 2. I'm going to finish the campaign but that's about it as it's a okay game but nothing more.
Hutchy27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 11:01 PM   #15
Tonynotimes

TonyNoTimes's Gamercard
I enjoyed the game a great deal. I loved how silly the story was, and while the game isn't as filled with things to do as Saints Row 2, I still put in about 40 hours into it. I felt like the season pass dlc was a waste of money though.
Tonynotimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 10:12 PM   #16
RYARNI

RYARNI's Gamercard
Its daft and its fun, you dont have to try too hard and you'll have much more fun than simply delivering packages for the first few hours like games similar to this. I am not a fan of games like this usually but its been a fun ride, and Im closing in on completing Act 3

For UK buyers, I suggest looking on Play.com. Pretty cheap
RYARNI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 11:02 PM   #17
JACK LAYT0N

JACK LAYT0N's Gamercard
As a fan of SR, I would highly recommand it because it's so funny and entertainning ( especially if you play in coop) And also the DLC are pretty nice too !
Old 07-16-2012, 04:31 AM   #18
MentalHypnotica

GamerDude1911's Gamercard
Worth a rental

If you played the original saints row 2, maybe buy the game, but otherwise i'd suggest a rental, because you can easily finish the game, 1k it and do alot of little fun things. The only thing you will miss out on is Whored mode, but that is nothing that spectacular
MentalHypnotica is offline   Reply With Quote